Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2005, 03:45 PM   #101
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Ref is not going to overturn that in Philly, and he still had possession when his knee hit the ground. It was slipping, but it wasn't out of his grasp yet.

My thoughts exactly.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 03:46 PM   #102
Vince
Pro Starter

But Fouts, I don't think he does. The action that made him lose it was Trotter (I think?) stripping the ball. And he had finished stripping the ball before the knee hit the ground. The angle makes it arguable that he still has the ball, but nothing else happened that made him drop it, so therefore I think he did not have possession at that time.

Horrible way for SD to go down. Brees has to be totally crapped out after that.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:00 PM   #103
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

Horrible way for SD to go down. Brees has to be totally crapped out after that.

Nothing Brees could do in that last 3 minutes. Blocked FG and fumble by the WR. Gotta hope the Chargers can catch some breaks the rest of the way. They need to go 6-3 to finish 9-7, but that might not get them in.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:08 PM   #104
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112
Is that the second or 3rd knee injury that Green has had in his career? Didn't he have one in Seattle before he went to the packers?

I don't think he had one in Seattle, they just disn't like his fumbling. The only thing I can say for sure is that it is his right knee. This is the knee that has been hurt for weeks now and made him miss the last two games. It is also the knee that had him listed as Questionable all this week. Guess they should have kept his ass on the sideline.

Thankfully there are the Houston Texans to prevent the Packers from having the worst record in the NFL.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:10 PM   #105
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky
Yeah, it could've gone either way, but since SD on the road they'll give it to the Eagles.

No doubt about it.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:12 PM   #106
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Nothing Brees could do in that last 3 minutes. Blocked FG and fumble by the WR. Gotta hope the Chargers can catch some breaks the rest of the way. They need to go 6-3 to finish 9-7, but that might not get them in.

With Denver and KC playing the way they are, very doubtful they make it with that record. And you're right, this cannot be blamed on the Breezer... he did what he had to and the fumble and blocked FG weren't his fault.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:22 PM   #107
st.cronin
General Manager

penalties are killing the NFL this year
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:48 PM   #108
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
With Denver and KC playing the way they are, very doubtful they make it with that record. And you're right, this cannot be blamed on the Breezer... he did what he had to and the fumble and blocked FG weren't his fault.

Brees played a solid game, but like i said in a previous post, it looks like the blueprint to beat SD is there. The good thing for SD is that only teams with quick LB corps will be able to execute it. The bad thing is that anyone they will face in the playoffs will be able to execute it.

As for that fumble, I don't think it was that close. I think the ref got it right. There was no reason for him to lose the ball from anything but that strip action. "slipping" out means there is no control. It was a good call.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:14 PM   #109
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Wow, what an end to the Seahawk-Cowboy game
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:18 PM   #110
st.cronin
General Manager

Is it just my imagination or does Eli Manning freak out against a good pass rush?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:18 PM   #111
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo
Wow, what an end to the Seahawk-Cowboy game
The only thing that comes to mind is "Bledsoe the Dumbass." That was pretty bad timing on that interception.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:18 PM   #112
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

A gift from Bledsoe, that's for sure. Parcells saw the heights of Bledsoe, now he's experiencing the depths.

Josh Brown is a very good kicker. Not everyone is going to make a 51-yarder at the buzzer in the rain, right down the middle. He was a big reason for the win.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:21 PM   #113
j51
Mascot

I've never seen a team dominate so much defensively only to fall apart at the two minute warning. Dallas dominated Washington for 58 minutes, New York for 59 minutes, Seattle for 58 minutes, but they just collapsed at the end everytime.
j51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:24 PM   #114
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by j51
I've never seen a team dominate so much defensively only to fall apart at the two minute warning. Dallas dominated Washington for 58 minutes, New York for 59 minutes, Seattle for 58 minutes, but they just collapsed at the end everytime.

And thus defines my misery...
Old 10-23-2005, 06:25 PM   #115
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Eli Manning... oh my!
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:25 PM   #116
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
A gift from Bledsoe, that's for sure. Parcells saw the heights of Bledsoe, now he's experiencing the depths.

Josh Brown is a very good kicker. Not everyone is going to make a 51-yarder at the buzzer in the rain, right down the middle. He was a big reason for the win.

I think Brown might have gotten run out of town had he missed that last one. Had the Seahawks been sitting at 4-3 instead of 6-1 (today and the miss against Washington), this season could have ended up going the same direction as last season.

Nice to see our D stand tall and force that final Dallas field goal after the second Hass interception. Sure Bledsoe forced one at the end trying to get field position for the field goal try, but they really earned this one from start to finish. Excellent way to pick up the offense's off day.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:26 PM   #117
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Is it just my imagination or does Eli Manning freak out against a good pass rush?

I don't see it. I think he's going to be as good as his brother.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:26 PM   #118
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Never mind... he was fantastic on that last drive. I'd definitely take him over his brother.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:27 PM   #119
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Never mind... he was fantastic on that last drive. I'd definitely take him over his brother.

*Marks this down in book of "Dumbest Things I've Ever Heard"*
Old 10-23-2005, 06:27 PM   #120
Icy
Pro Starter

Wow Eli and the giants!
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 06:28 PM   #121
st.cronin
General Manager

dola

I get confused about Eli cause he can be very inconsistent. It's hard to keep in perspective that he is just in his second year.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:45 PM   #122
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
*Marks this down in book of "Dumbest Things I've Ever Heard"*
I will second that.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:51 PM   #123
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well done LaMont Jordan. Well done.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 08:49 PM   #124
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Just got home from the Seahawks game. The offense needs to buy the defense a steak dinner. The Cowboys just outplayed the Hawks, and Seattle stole one. What a great game to be at, the weather just added to the atmosphere.
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:00 PM   #125
Lorena
Unregistered

A lot of close games and comebacks, good week in the NFL.

Why in the hell is there Poker on ESPN?
Old 10-23-2005, 09:02 PM   #126
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
Why in the hell is there Poker on ESPN?

Every channel seems to have settled into "don't compete with the World Series" mode. It's fucking annoying.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:16 PM   #127
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Every channel seems to have settled into "don't compete with the World Series" mode. It's fucking annoying.

It is fucking annoying, when did Poker become America's passion? Puh-leez
Old 10-23-2005, 09:16 PM   #128
miami_fan
Coordinator

Philly won but just for comparison sake

PASSING
CP/AT YDS TD INT
D. McNabb 35/54 287 1 2

Texas Tech Passing
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
Cody Hodges 42/64 369 5.8 2 1

Are the Eagles running a version of the run n shoot now?
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:21 PM   #129
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's smart as well. Put something on that doesn't cost too much and gets average ratings so you don't lose too much money.

Same thing happens during the Superbowl.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:25 PM   #130
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
It's smart as well. Put something on that doesn't cost too much and gets average ratings so you don't lose too much money.

Same thing happens during the Superbowl.

Except if you put even a bad football game against the World Series, it will blow it out ratings-wise. Remember when the 7th game of the NYY-AZ WS got half the ratings of a competing Sun or Mon night football game? I suspect it was pressure from Fox not to have a football game on, knowing that it would get beat.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:00 PM   #131
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I dunno...the preview channel had listed the World Series as #3 in the 9:00 (central) time slot. Grey's Anatomy was #2, and I forget what was #1. I thought it was weird.

And I just assumed there was no football tonight because it was supposed to be KC-Mia, though I could be wrong..
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:09 PM   #132
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Well, the Jeff Garcia Era didn't exactly light the world on fire, but the Lions won the game. Garcia made some plays out there that kept drives alive, plays that Joey just wouldn't have been able to pull off. Given that the Lions were down to their number #4, #5, and #6 receivers (they only opened the season with 4 on the roster), 22/34 for 210 yards isn't a bad day. Granted, the Cleveland defense isn't Carolina, Baltimore, Tampa Bay, or Chicago.

The defense continues to play well. Three more interceptions and the Browns went 0-8 on third down.

Lions lost Kevin Johnson (their leading receiver so far this year) for the year to a ruptured achiiles. Shaun Rogers and Dre Bly (best two defensive players) also left with injuries. Hopefully Ble and Rogers will be able to play next week against Chicago in the battle for sole possession of first place of the mighty NFC North. The Lions could also use Roy Williams back. C-Rog still has one more week to serve of his suspension.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:09 PM   #133
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
I dunno...the preview channel had listed the World Series as #3 in the 9:00 (central) time slot. Grey's Anatomy was #2, and I forget what was #1. I thought it was weird.

And I just assumed there was no football tonight because it was supposed to be KC-Mia, though I could be wrong..

ESPN has consistantly not scheduled Sun. night football games during the World Series the last couple years (at least). I'm betting the poor ratings are because it's Hou-ChiWS.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 02:48 AM   #134
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Who Dey?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:18 AM   #135
Butter
Coordinator

Classy.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:59 PM   #136
TazFTW