Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2005, 03:54 AM   #101
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
I find it funny that you appear to have deleted your post in which you said that your 10 GB iPod was going on eBay.

It's, y'know, a little hard to blame people for jumping to conclusions when they see posts like that. Seeing that it was deleted just smells of CYA to me.

I surprised no one has responded to SackAttack's thread. I do remember the eBaby comments and now they are no where to be found.

With that said, I am surprised by the number of comments that are telling her to return it. She simply has to call the store to verify whether or not that was done intentionally. If they respond that it was a mistake, the store can still make the call in whether she should keep it or not. At least that is how I would handle it.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:10 AM   #102
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
My bet was on DaddyTorgo getting added to the list.

I'm sure many of you are like me and worked in retail at some point. Mrs. kcchief19 still does. I think the visceral reaction many people had to the inference (and the inference was there) that olliegirl was keeping the iPod comes from that fact that many of us know that there is not such thing as a free iPod -- we all pay for it.

Typically shrink in most retail places from theft averages 3-5 percent. 3-5 percent of everything we spend on goods goes to cover the losses comanies incur due to theft in all forms.

BigJohn, it's true that overage in a register is a warning sign for theft. It's not that being over $20 on a register is a sign of carelessness -- it's that there is a correlation between overages and employee theft. At one place I worked, we were having some minor drawer shortages. This was a place where a number of people worked the same drawer, so it was difficult to trace to one person. One day, the drawer was over exactly $20 and when I compared that drawer to the shortages, it turned out that only one person had worked on all of the registers with problems. Turns out this woman was stealing a few dollars a day at the register, then was feeling guilty and tried to replace some of it.

In generally, if you get fired for making one mistake I think you're better off not working there -- people make mistakes, and if you're working for someone who doesn't understand that, then you're not working for a very good bass. If you get fired for making many mistakes, you have no one to blame but yourself. Therefore, there's no real downside to returning to the store and letting them know about the iPod.

I'm glad you're hinting at returning the iPod. Given your recent good fortune, I think it would be unfortunate to tarnish a very happy time by not returning the iPod.

God Kcchief.. you had to mention that evil retail word.. shrink.. glad i'm not in retail anymore

As far as that free ipod goes, ultimately its up to you what you do with it, you are the one who will live with the decision.. My parents always used to tell me "If you can't afford it.. you didn't really need it" i'm going to ignore the fact that my parent's used a double negative

I've gotten way too much change back before, but it tends to balance out as i get screwed outta change as well.. "karma" is a check and balance system.. fear the backswing

Last edited by Ragone : 07-29-2005 at 04:16 AM.
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:57 AM   #103
Zippo
High School JV

keep us updated when/if you do decide to return the ipod. I am curious what would happen.
Zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:15 PM   #104
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
Thursday - Check the website, find out Child Support has been issued and will be direct deposited into checking - woo hoo! With the rarity that the jerk actually pays - this is worth celebrating. Radii and I both comment on how this is definitely "our week"

Thursday night - We go to BJ's Wholesale Club to purchase an iPod stereo thingy...
Typical
Old 07-29-2005, 01:16 PM   #105
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Typical
I was actually a little surprised that this wasn't the more controversial part of the post.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:44 PM   #106
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Typical

What do you mean by typical?
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:55 PM   #107
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
What do you mean by typical?
I think the "typical" comment was directed at the unfortunate coincidence that you were celebrating that child support from the "jerk" was going to be directed desposited, then went straight into talking about purchasing the "stereo thingy," giving the inference that perhaps child support money was supporting the "stereo thingy" and not the child. I chalk that up to bad coincidence.

Don't you feel silly now for declaring "BEST WEEK EVER?" I think this thread was the karma ...

Then again, I'm still bitter that radii knocked me out on the bubble last week. Bastard.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:01 PM   #108
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Well, unfortunately, the term "jerk", is well deserved by Anthony "father"...he hasn't seen or talked to his child in over 4 years - his choice. He asked me if I would allow him to give up parental rights over Anthony so that he wouldn't have to pay child support. Obviously the answer was no. Radii supports Anthony as if he were his own child, and Anthony thinks of radii as his father...so on the rare occasions that child support comes in, we use it to make additional debt payments. In this case the money that purchased the "stereo thingy" came out of the other $8000.00 - not child support. If anyone thought that the measly $237.66 made that much of a difference when we already had $8k - then they should have thought twice before making some kind of snide comment that inferred that we "blow" the child support money that is supposed to take care of Anthony.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:06 PM   #109
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Well, unfortunately, the term "jerk", is well deserved by Anthony "father"...he hasn't seen or talked to his child in over 4 years - his choice. He asked me if I would allow him to give up parental rights over Anthony so that he wouldn't have to pay child support. Obviously the answer was no. Radii supports Anthony as if he were his own child, and Anthony thinks of radii as his father...so on the rare occasions that child support comes in, we use it to make additional debt payments. In this case the money that purchased the "stereo thingy" came out of the other $8000.00 - not child support. If anyone thought that the measly $237.66 made that much of a difference when we already had $8k - then they should have thought twice before making some kind of snide comment that inferred that we "blow" the child support money that is supposed to take care of Anthony.
In all fairness, he did put the smiley after his comment.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:07 PM   #110
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths
In all fairness, he did put the smiley after his comment.

True, and that is why I didn't get ugly in my post
Old 07-29-2005, 02:16 PM   #111
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
True, and that is why I didn't get ugly in my post
Old 07-29-2005, 02:26 PM   #112
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This whole thread is funny. Funny haha laugh your fat ass off funny.

I agree with most of the above saying Ollie should return the iPod.

But I don't agree with people who say, "Don't listen to FOFC." Ollie posted her happiness on a board to share it. Obviously she wanted people to say, w00t!!! and share in her happiness. Consciously or subconsciously, she was looking for feedback. Why the hell else would you post on a text-sim message board? Also, she obviously checked the thread after posting her initial message...thus, she was looking for feedback. Consequently, I would disagree with those who say, "Don't listen to FOFC." That's why she posted in the first place.

That being said, gratz on your great week.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:44 PM   #113
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Vote Mr. Simperless

If this were werewolf, you would have just sent him to the gallows!
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:32 PM   #114
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Forget the iPod, how did Radii win the $7000?
Old 07-29-2005, 03:40 PM   #115
Subby
lolzcat

Big ups to Radii!

I hope he remembers us losers and wannabes at front office asshole central when he wins the Main Event in the next few years...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:43 PM   #116
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Explain your roll-eyes.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:52 PM   #117
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
Forget the iPod, how did Radii win the $7000?

Poker tournament. He took 2nd place to (I think) Moneymaker online.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:55 PM   #118
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

Who the hell is Moneymaker? Is he like another FOFCer? Poker bores me (and I suck at it), so I'm not up on that stuff.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:56 PM   #119
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Hate to be a pooper here, but I'd set aside some of those winings to pay Uncle Sam.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:57 PM   #120
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Who the hell is Moneymaker? Is he like another FOFCer? Poker bores me (and I suck at it), so I'm not up on that stuff.

I don't follow poker much at all, but I'm fairly sure that Moneymaker is a "famous" poker player who plays on ESPN and other TV poker tournaments regularly.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:11 PM   #121
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I missed this completely.

Safe to assume there's some massive thread somewhere about it?
Old 07-29-2005, 04:20 PM   #122
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Hate to be a pooper here, but I'd set aside some of those winings to pay Uncle Sam.
This post pretty much sums up my image of you.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:23 PM   #123
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Keep the ipod. Return the $1000 to the relative & the $7000 to the bookie.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:25 PM   #124
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
This post pretty much sums up my image of you.

You think I'm a pooper?
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:32 PM   #125
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
I missed this completely.

Safe to assume there's some massive thread somewhere about it?

Yeah, Radii hijacked my "Woot! I got a Royal Flush" thread...

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 04:47 PM   #126
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
Yeah, Radii hijacked my "Woot! I got a Royal Flush" thread...
Yeah. Just read through that.

So, um, remind me again why anyone cares about the iPod?
Old 07-29-2005, 05:00 PM   #127
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah. Just read through that.

So, um, remind me again why anyone cares about the iPod?
Maybe because there's some uncertainty whether it was "free" or not?
Old 07-29-2005, 05:08 PM   #128
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:

I dont know about Paternaty law in your state. But here in oklahoma, even if you give up your paternal rights to a child, you still have to pay child support Just something to keep in mind, and maybe ask a lawyer about it...

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 05:35 PM   #129
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
You think I'm a pooper?

I don't. I think Arlie's a lucky guy.

My wife's a lucky lady, by the way. And I am the luckiest guy in the world.

Last edited by Schmidty : 07-29-2005 at 05:35 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 05:45 PM   #130
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't. I think Arlie's a lucky guy.

My wife's a lucky lady, by the way. And I am the luckiest guy in the world.
That's a lot of luck. Is karma involved?
Old 07-29-2005, 05:58 PM   #131
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:

Hey - I gave you advice on how to manipulate grandparents...you are supposed to be nice to me now
Old 07-29-2005, 05:59 PM   #132
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
I dont know about Paternaty law in your state. But here in oklahoma, even if you give up your paternal rights to a child, you still have to pay child support Just something to keep in mind, and maybe ask a lawyer about it...

I have...first of all, a parent can't give up parental rights unless there is another person ready to adopt the child. And if they give up rights, they don't have to pay anything ever again.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:10 PM   #133
Daimyo
College Starter

40GB Ipods were discontinued a few weeks back so there is a good chance they meant to give it to you. Still the "right" thing to do it call them or return to the store when the same manager is on duty and ask him. Who cares if you lose the iPod.. you didn't pay for it. If you get to keep it you get the added bonus of having an iPod AND feeling good about yourself.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote