Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-12-2004, 11:20 AM   #101
Havoc99
n00b

According to HAM's match prediction feature I should have lost 3-1, not 5-0. With my best IM in poor form I decided it wasnt worth it to play a reserve IM in a a 3-5-2. Anyways, I didn't lose any fans so that's ok.

The injury was annoying, but the guy is a reserve IM who I have for passing training. The other injury was a forward also purchased for passing training. Very annoying back-to-back 5 week injuries

At this point I almost think I'd prefer to end up 5th so that I can play a qual match and get the extra $$ & experience (assuming, of course, that I win it).
Havoc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:15 PM   #102
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc99
According to HAM's match prediction feature I should have lost 3-1, not 5-0. With my best IM in poor form I decided it wasnt worth it to play a reserve IM in a a 3-5-2. Anyways, I didn't lose any fans so that's ok.

The injury was annoying, but the guy is a reserve IM who I have for passing training. The other injury was a forward also purchased for passing training. Very annoying back-to-back 5 week injuries

At this point I almost think I'd prefer to end up 5th so that I can play a qual match and get the extra $$ & experience (assuming, of course, that I win it).

yeah... 5th place would be nice, it could easily be you, Carebears or me. But looking at the schedule i doubt it will be you. I can almost guarentee you'll win 3 out of your last 4. I think it will come down to my final game vs Carebears. We'll have to wait and see....
Old 05-12-2004, 10:24 PM   #103
Havok
College Starter

Seaspn 4 - FOFC Cup - Group Play - Round 4

Missouri Tigers - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

First place in group E (us) vs last place in group E today (them). This one could get ugly, especially since im play a few starters today because of my walkover on sunday. The Tigers are yet another defensive training team! Our last 3 games have been vs defender trainers, and my league game this sunday will be also!! Usually they are boring games but Missouri's trainees are still very raw so i expect us to pound in quite a few goals since we'll have a huge possession advantage.

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Right Wingback - Omar Nairn (Defensive)
Central Defender - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
Left Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Defensive)

Right Winger - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Karl Leitner (Normal)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Huey Miller
Left Winger - James MacChoiter - (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Abel Cano
Forward 2 - Bill Wright

Im expecting pretty decent ratings with 3 usual starters in there. The only tactic change today is instead of playing James MacChoiter "Towards The Middle" i've deceide to play him offensive just for the hell of it. I'll have plenty of possession as it is. The rest of the B-team is still in kinda low form... espically the defense. But it shouldn't be a problem this week.

The Match

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Missouri Tigers Arena saw a crowd turnout of 1636. Missouri started off with a 5-4-1 lineup. They fielded: Alpízar - Nicasio, Schell, Cerda, Son, Redding - Branham, Johnson, Wagoner, Smalls - Smith.

Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Landowski - Nairn, Ferreira da Silv, ben Aharon - Neiweiler, Miller, Neiva, Leitner, MacChoiter - Cano, Wright.

After 3 minutes Maniacal put themselves up by 0 - 1 as Bill Wright finished off a strike from the left with a real cannon placed at the far post.

What ever got into Joaquim Neiva, the crowd mumbled, as he suddenly struck a cross pass through the own defense - ending up right in front of Missouri´s Clarence Smith, who easily put the ball away for 1-1.

In the 35:th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and James MacChoiter put the ball away for 1 - 2.

In the 41st minute Maniacals Omar Nairn received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

The away team´s Bill Wright took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 43rd minute increasing Maniacal´s lead to 1 - 3. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 3.

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Maniacal, with an impressive 75 percent possession of the ball.

Karl Leitner increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 1 - 4.

After 71 minutes of game time Abel Cano received an excellent opportunity to add to the visitors lead, clipping a volley hooked in from the right, but Tiburcio Alpízar was in the right place, tipping the ball to a corner.

In the 73rd minute Maniacal put themselves up 1 - 5 after an attack from the right, caused by a defensive blunder. Scorer was Abel Cano.

Joaquim Neiva still has a lot to learn. For instance not to make half-hearted passes in front of Jordan Branham who scored for Missouri to make it 2-5.

A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Missouri´s Albert Johnson was able to shove the ball in. 3-5.

Maniacal´s Bill Wright received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 89:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 3 - 6. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. At that, Bill Wright was noted down for a hat trick.

Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 87 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Missouri player was Johnny Redding. Steve Cerda was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Huey Miller. Omar Nairn on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 3 - 6

Goals

Bill Wright - 3
James MacChoiter - 1
Karl Leitner - 1
Abel Cano - 1

Player Ratings

3.0 - Marcin Landowski

2.5 - Omar Nairn (Defensive)
3.0 - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
2.5 - Naftali ben Aharon (Defensive)

3.5 - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)
3.0 - Karl Leitner (Normal)
3.5 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
4.5 - Huey Miller
3.0 - James MacChoiter - (Offensive)

3.0 - Abel Cano
3.0 - Bill Wright

34.5 - Stars

Team Ratings

Missouri Tigers
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (Unlimited)

Midfield: poor - (3)
Right Side Defence: formidable - (9)
Central Defence: brilliant - (11)
Left Side Defence: formidable - (9)
Right Side Attack: wretched - (2)
Central Attack: poor - (3)
Left Side Attack: inadequate - (5)

NSI - 48

Maniacal Misfitz
Team Attitude: Normal

Midfield: excellent - (8)
Right Side Defence: excellent - (8)
Central Defence: excellent - (8)
Left Side Defence: excellent - (8)
Right Side Attack: formidable - (9)
Central Attack: solid - (7)
Left Side Attack: excellent - (8)

NSI - 72

Post Game Comments

Wow..... after they got 2 event goals plus a normal goal. I was starting to get flashbacks of my friendly vs CC FC when we tied 5-5 and he got 3 event goals on me! Anyway.... we can pretty much place all the blame on Jaoquim. His "Unpredictable" skill cost us one goal and his lack of experiance cost us another one. Just a bad game all around for him.... bad month really since his form has dropped steadily for the last 5 weeks.

On to the good stuff..... BILL WRIGHT! I guess he's pissed that he's now offically a B-teamer since i bought Hugo Leth last week. So he responded today with a hattrick He'll make a hell of a 3rd forward for us, he just knows how to find the net. My other forward Abel Cano got his first 3 star game since 11/27/2003. Thats a long time! And last but not least is my million dollar man, Huey Miller..... He grabbed 4.5 stars again today for the second straight week. He rocks!

This win cliniches first place in group E for us and we'll advance to the sweet 16 of the FOFC Cup no matter what happens next week. Go Misfitz!

Upnext, This weeks Training and Form Update
Old 05-13-2004, 11:13 AM   #104
Desnudo
Coordinator

Hey, let's see some stats on that new forward! Brilliant?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:42 AM   #105
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Hey, let's see some stats on that new forward! Brilliant?

He posted them earlier, here is his entire post:

New Forward

My search has ended!!!! and now im 180k in debt!!! but it was worth it

Hugo Leth (7865210)
22 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is balanced and honest.
Has wretched experience and poor leadership abilities.

Speciality: Quick

Nationality: Norge
Assessed value: 745 000 US$
Wage: 5 328 US$/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Maniacal Misfitz
Warnings: 0

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: passable
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: outstanding Set Pieces: wretched

Paid 2.5 million

This guy is just a flat out stud!! He's by far the best forward on my team, noone else is really even close. Right now he should get 4.5 stars a game in solid form and once he gains another level or 2 of experiance he should get it in passable form. Its hard to say exactly what my central attack will be like with him in there. It should be at least formidable even if Hugo and Maik aren't in great form. But im hoping for an outstanding central attack with them both in passable form and above. I'll keep my fingers crossed

On a sad note, Bill Wright will now be a full-time B-teamer, he'll make a great back-up. He's been such a good forward for us over the last 2 1/2 seasons, and for only 25k..... he was more then worth it. I'll miss his solid SP's in the starting line-up, but i have a guy with passable SP's so it won't be a huge loss hopfully.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:44 PM   #106
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

Still about 2 weeks away from my next Midfielder bump (Mr. Franchise to Brilliant ) But the wingers keep coming through for me....

Andi Neiweiler (12777833)
28 years, solid form, healthy

A controversial person who is temperamental and upright.
Has weak experience and passable leadership abilities.

Nationality: Schweiz
Assessed value: 252 000 US$
Wage: 2 784 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: passable Passing: passable
Winger: solid Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

The old man finally bumps to passable PM Well, i guess he's not that old.... But he's 7 years older then next closest guy on my team receiving some form of training. I'd like to make Andi my coach one day, but that will be awhile since he just hit weak experiance a couple weeks ago. He's the last winger that had a chance to bump in Playmaking.... i won't see another one bump until mid-to late next season.

Form

Another postive week in form, Thats now 2 in a row if you can believe it. But like always my starters only broke even. +4/-2

Defense - +0/-1 - Another BRUTAL week for the defense, my D hasn't been right since week 3. Every defender and goalie i have dropped in value this week except 1. And my starting goalie who was barely holding my defense together for the last few games lost 41k in value this week and dropped to passable form. Not good at all........

Midfielders/Wingers - +3/-1 - Bad first.... Jaoquim is now firmly entrenched in the B-team. His month and half form free fall continued this week and now he's finally in weak form. Thankfully "Mr. Franchise" remains in solid form to fill in for him. Now on to the good stuff, My top defensive midfielder Torbjorn has finally pulled out of his form drout, he's added 160k over the last 2 weeks and is finally back to passable form. That should help my midfield and defense some this week.

Offense - +1/-0 - 3 weeks in a row its looked like that, The man who bumped today is none other then Bill Wright to solid form. Now i've got decision to make.... do i play Bill in solid form or Maik in inadequate form??!?! Tough call. The other bit of good news is my newest forward Hugo Leth has now added 35k in value since i bought him. Hopfully he's getting close to solid form.

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 375 400 US$ (+15,150)
Total squad value: 7 508 000 US$ (+303,000)
Average age: 22
Current form (average): passable
Experience (average): poor
No of players (excluding the coach): 20
Number of nationalities: 14

Upnext, This weeks youth pull and economic update
Old 05-15-2004, 10:59 PM   #107
Havok
College Starter

Youth Pull and Economic Update

Claude Bello (31343152)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A controversial person who is temperamental and upright.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 19 000 US$
Wage: 600 US$/week

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: weak
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: poor

Hattrick hates me...........

Economic Update

Cash funds: -143 705 US$ (-197 327) US$
Sponsors: dancing in the streets
Supporter Club: 1796 members
Supporters: high on life

This week

Revenue-----------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0-----------------------------Arena 27 080
Sponsors 98 835---------------------Wages 46 692
Financial 0---------------------------Interest 7 185
Temporary 0-------------------------Temporary 2 000
-------------------------------------Staff 49 500
-------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 98 835-----------------Total expenses 152 457
Expected income/loss -53 622

Holy crap im poor.... i've REALLY been hoping for a good youth pull over the last 2 weeks to help me out of this debt, but of course i didn't get it. Next weeks home game should finally pull me out of the red.

This Weeks Games

League Game

The Family Jewels
Tactic: 5-4-1 Pressing
Tactic skill: passable

Midfield: inadequate - (5)
Right Side Defence: extra-terrestrial - (16)
Central Defence: extra-terrestrial - (16)
Left Side Defence: magnificent - (12)
Right Side Attack: weak - (4)
Left Side Attack: passable - (6)

NSI - 72

This week we take on the lowly 7th place "Family Jewels" on the road. Its actually gonna be nice getting back to this part of my schedule. I was getting pretty sick of playing 100+ NSI's or walkovers every dam week. AS you can see from the ratings they are pretty much a 1 dementional team. Im not really worried about losing to FJ, but a 0-0 or 1-1 tie is a possiblity and that would seriously hurt my chances of getting third place this season.

FOFC Cup Game

Purple Pirates
Tactic: 3-4-3 Normal

Midfield: passable
Right Side Defence: inadequate
Central Defence: inadequate
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: brilliant
Central Attack: outstanding
Left Side Attack: passable

NSI 64

The Purple Pirates have a very solid B-team and are no pushover. They alos still have a chance to advance to the second stage of the cup, but unfortunately for them they gotta beat me at home in order to do it.... and that ain't gonna me easy I just don't think they're gonna have the midfield to do it, at home my back-ups should get a formdiable midfield. But who knows, maybe he'll play all his starting middies and try for the win. We'll have to wait and see....

Upnext, This weeks league game
Old 05-16-2004, 10:11 PM   #108
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - League Game - Round 11

The Family Jewels - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

Finally.... the final 4 games of the season. These last four games will decide where everyone from 3rd place to 7th will end the season. MOD and Pegusas basically have first and second place locked up just like i thought they would and obviously the bot team will finish 8th. But every other postion is still up for grabs. If i win 3 out of my last 4 games i could pull off third place, but that certainly won't be easy, and first i gotta go through the second best defense in the divison... The Familiy Jewels.

These guys were a bit of a mystery coming into this season, i have no idea what they trained over the last few seasons. Then week 3 this season they started training defenders and running a 5-4-1 pressing. What i think happen is they played HT for a few season and really didn't start a training program. Bought a few players here and there and somehow ended up in divison IV. Then they realized that they were in over they're ends and finally started a training program. It looks like they'll auto-demote this seaosn back to divison V... which is probally a good thing for them. They could use another season to build up they're trainee's.

I'll be picing today in preperation for my important game next week versus Pie Eaters who i think will MOTS me again.

Starters

GK - Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy

Central Defender - Joseph MacKindlay
Left Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)

Inner Midfielder 1 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
Left Winger - James MacChoiter (Towards The Middle)

Forward 1 - Hugo Leth
Forward 2 - Maik Waldner

New game..... same story. Form blows! My Defense is still below average like its been since week 3. My midfield is decent, but my second best middy isn't playing due to weak form. And my offense is slightly below average aswell, Hugo is in passable form and Maik is still in inadequate form. It should be interesting seeing what my central attack is with both them playing, even if they're form isn't great.

The Match

22082 spectators arrived at The Family Jewels Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Family started off with a 5-4-1 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Monk - Öhhult, Figueira, Power, Callejas, Valadares - Petersen, Ristimäki , Bousquet, Winter - Kihlén.

Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Geoffroy - Nairn, MacKindlay, Ferreira da Silv - Neiweiler, Miller, Jonasson, Dyrberg, MacChoiter - Leth, Waldner.

Family strategy involved pressing and cutting off attack angles of their opponents from all over the field.

Family's ability to press their opponents all over the field paid off frequently.

In the games 14:th minute Family´s Jorge Valadares fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Jorge Valadares for taking a dive.

What ever got into Iver Dyrberg, the crowd mumbled, as he suddenly struck a cross pass through the own defense - ending up right in front of Family´s Jonas Kihlén, who easily put the ball away for 1-0.

Jonas Kihlén struck a 30 metre free kick home in the 23rd minute. 2 - 0 for the home team. After this Family lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts.

After 33 minutes Family´s Morten Petersen contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game.

Halftime score was 2 - 0. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

After an industrious effort down the middle Jonas Kihlén could have closed the game off in the 64:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post.

The referee showed Maniacals Torbjörn Jonasson the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

Stefan Öhhult seemed to be floating in the air at will as he elegantly headed in 3-0. The previous Family corner kick was executed by Jonas Kihlén.

Maik Waldner nearly reduced 80 minutes into the game, but a splendid one hand save by Matthew Monk put a stop to the attempt coming in from the right flank.

In the 84:th minute Maik Waldner, after an opportunist attack from the right, scored the reducer for Maniacal making it 3 - 1.

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Family, with an impressive 53 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Family player was without a doubt Stefan Öhhult. Jonas Kihlén on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Maniacal player was Huey Miller. James MacChoiter on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 3 - 1

Goals

Maik Waldner - 1

Player Ratings

4.0 - Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy

3.0 - Joseph MacKindlay
3.0 - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)

4.0 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)
4.0 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
4.5 - Huey Miller
2.5 - James MacChoiter (Towards The Middle)

4.0 - Hugo Leth
4.0 - Maik Waldner

38 - Stars

Team Ratings

The Family Jewels
Tactic: Pressing

Right Side Defence: world class - (13)
Central Defence: mythical - (17)
Left Side Defence: extra-terrestria - (16)
Right Side Attack: passable - (6)
Left Side Attack: wretched - (2)

NSI - 81

Maniacal Misfitz
Team Attitude: Play it Cool

Right Side Defence: outstanding - (10)
Central Defence: outstanding - (10)
Left Side Defence: outstanding - (10)
Right Side Attack: outstanding - (10)
Central Attack: formidable - (9)

NSI - 79

Post Game Comments

ugh....... Ya know, in some wierd way i think i deserved that. I underestimated my opponent and it cost me. Now, i might not have even won this game if i would have played normal instead of Pic'ed, but who can say for sure. Everything just went against me here. I give them credit for playing 3 middies, thats the first time they've done that in well over a month, i wasn't expecting it. Two of they're goals came from Set Peices and the other one came from another freaking unpredictable event from Iver. His third such event since i've had him This loss basically ends my chance at finishing third place in the divison, 4th or 5th place is where i'll likely end up.

Post Game Comments

Gold - Hugo Leth - He didn't score a goal, but with him in there instead of Bill Wright, my central attack rating went up 2 levels and my wing attack on his side gained a level aswell. Once Hugo and Maik get a little more experiance and they are both in good form, im expecting an outstanding central attack from them.

Silver - Huey Miller - Once again he was the best player on the field for us and grabed another 4.5 stars. Thank god for him havng good form... he's holding the midfield together right now.

Bronze - noone - Everyone else on the field played below what they're capable of, especially my defense. This has easily been my worst form season since i started playing HT.

Around The Divison

Havoc - vs - Carebears 3 - 0

Dispite Havoc's top midfielder sitting on the bench today because of "wretched" form, he still pulled out a nice 3-0 victory over the Carebears. CB held a slight possession advantage, but Havoc's strong offense was to much for the Carebears.

Pie Eaters - vs - pegasus 2 - 5

As expected here.... Pegasus just overpowered the Pie Eaters. But it was quite obvious PE pic'ed in preperation for they're game vs me next week. I have a good feeling i'll be facing another MOTS from them, especially since they get the walkover after they play me. I might just MOTS them right back.... we'll see

Cons Commandos - vs - Monkey of Doom

MOD gets the walkover and inches they're way 1 step closer to divison III again. Thank god! Get the hell outta my divison would ya!!! and take Pegusas with ya!!!

Divison Standings

---------Team-----------Played-------------Goals------------Points

1. Monkey of Doom---------11---------------35 - 6------------31

2. pegasus------------------11--------------36 - 12-----------25

3. Carebears----------------11--------------24 - 17------------19

4. Havoc--------------------11--------------23 - 21------------19

5. Maniacal Misfitz-----------11--------------25 - 16------------16

6. Pie Eaters-----------------11--------------21 - 30------------9

7. The Family Jewels----------11-------------15 - 22------------8

8. Cons Commandos-----------11-------------0 - 55-------------0

This loss really set me back, but a win next week and i'll lock-up at least 5th place. And if The Pie Eaters have any chance of getting 5th place they gotta beat me next week. Thats why im sure they'll MOTS me and thats why i might MOTS them.

Upnext, This weeks FOFC Cup Game
Old 05-16-2004, 10:25 PM   #109
Havoc99
n00b

Damn it, if I lose my chance at a qual match I'll be pissed- I cant even achieve my goal of mediocrity

Sorry about the loss- you got hosed on events.

At least I beat Carebears- I should have beat him the first time based on the ratings.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:28 PM   #110
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc99
Damn it, if I lose my chance at a qual match I'll be pissed- I cant even achieve my goal of mediocrity

Sorry about the loss- you got hosed on events.

At least I beat Carebears- I should have beat him the first time based on the ratings.

your team is to good for mediocrity

even in bad form!
Old 05-16-2004, 10:51 PM   #111
DukeRulesMAB
College Prospect

Sorry about this; this was sort of close to my win today a team hoping to keep it close hitting the special event lotto.

I wonder if they MOTS'd? Dunno what their schedule looks like the rest of the way out, but they at least opened up the possibility of making it into 6th place with this win.

The loss sucks for you guys, but in the end, it may be for the best. As everyone knows, 5th is better than 4th or 3rd, and though I'm sure you don't want to "tank" to 5th, if this loss helps you finish there, you're better off in the long run anyway. Just doesn't seem that way now.

FOFL: I may be the commish, but it's still pretty good.
DukeRulesMAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:25 PM   #112
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - FOFC Cup - Group Play - Round 5

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Purple Pirates

Last round of group play today and we're back at home after back-to-back road games. We've basically locked up Group E already, but if something crazy happens like The Purple Pirates beat us like 8-0 we'll fall to second or even third place. I seriously doubt thats gonna happen so im not to worried

The Purple Pirates are forward trainers with an offensive coach, so even his trainee's in a 3-4-3 put up some nice offensive ratings. They haven't had much defense through out the FOFC cup and they're midfield has been between inadequate-passable. There is no doubt in my mind that we will give up a couple goals in this game, but i should have a nice possession advantage and the better defense. So unless he throws all of his starters at us we should win this game comfortably.

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Right Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)

Right Winger - Imboon Prakardsakda (Towards The Middle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Karl Leitner (Defensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Percy Morton
Left Winger - Benton Minter (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Bill Wright
Forward 2 - Abel Cano

Full B-team playing today, the only exception is Jaoquim who's form is in the crapper so he'll be with the B-team until it turns around. Pretty straight forward line-up, form is getting better for the B-team, the defense still blows but everyone else ok. Only tactical change is im playing Karl Leitner defensive instead of normal.... hopfully this will slow the Pirates central attack down some.

The Match

Due to an all-day shower, 1070 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at The Island of Misfit Toyz. Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Landowski - Ferreira da Silv, MacKindlay, ben Aharon - Prakardsakda, Neiva, Morton, Leitner, Minter - Cano, Wright.

Pirates had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. Lineup: Wallén - Yost, Milonakos, Turagabea - Mathiasson, Buendia, Anada, Säf - Krägelow, Sadhu, Iserberg.

The 2nd minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after a leak in the visitors right side defense. Scorer for Maniacal was Naftali ben Aharon.

In the games 12th minute the visitors levelled to 1 - 1 as Wilmer Sadhu struck home on a bar rebound, following a shot from the right.

Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 20:th minute goal by Joaquim Neiva for Maniacal, putting them ahead 2 - 1.

Maniacal were given a penalty in the 33rd, neatly put away by Joseph MacKindlay. 3 - 1 for the home side.

3 - 1 was the half-time score. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 57 percent possession rate.

Kostas Milonakos was uncomfortable with the soggy pitch as he couldn´t move the ball around with his usual grace.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Maniacal lead up with 4 - 1. Joseph MacKindlay finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. After this Maniacal lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts.

Mike Yost of Pirates received a yellow card in the 61st minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

The visitors replied in the games 62nd minute, scoring the 4 - 2 goal, as Mike Yost broke through from the left, easily lobbing the ball over the home teams keeper.

Percy Morton made several blunders at the end of the game, causing a good deal of unrest in the defensive line.

In the 72nd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Ismael Ferreira da Silva dashed through, knocking home 5 - 2 for Maniacal.

Maniacals Bill Wright got himself booked after a foul.

Pirates made a substitution in the 76:th minute. Enrico Buendia limped off the field and was replaced by Bence Takács.

Pirates held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Joaquim Neiva. Imboon Prakardsakda was a disappointment, however.
The most dominating Pirates player was without a doubt Mike Yost. Brandon Turagabea was a disappointment, however.

The match ends 5 - 2

Goals

Joseph MacKindlay - 3
Joaquim Neiva - 1
Ismael Ferreira da Silva - 1

Player Ratings

3.0 - Marcin Landowski

3.0 - Joseph MacKindlay
3.0 - Naftali ben Aharon (Defensive)

2.0 - Imboon Prakardsakda (Towards The Middle)
3.0 - Karl Leitner (Defensive)
3.0 - Percy Morton
2.5 - Benton Minter (Offensive)

3.0 - Bill Wright
3.0 - Abel Cano

32 - Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz

Central Defence: formidable - (9)
Right Side Attack: inadequate - (5)
Central Attack: excellent - (8)
Left Side Attack: solid - (7)

NSI - 71

Purple Pirates

Midfield: passable - (6)
Right Side Defence: solid - (7)
Central Defence: solid - (7)
Left Side Defence: solid - (7)
Central Attack: brilliant - (11)
Left Side Attack: brilliant - (11)

NSI - 67

Post Game Comments

There ya have it..... Maniacal Misfitz - Group E Champs!!! Ok, so its not really that big of a deal but still I'm pretty sure DK and his Screamin Seaman will also advance out of group play. His only loss was the 5-0 thrashing i gave him Im not sure what my seed will be out of the final 16 teams, probally like 3rd or 4th. Im not expecting to win the FOFC Cup, my midfield trainee's are good enough i think, but they're stamina blows as you can tell by the possession in this game. Either way it should be fun! Maybe i'll draw Masked in the first round and slaughter his South Bay Saints for old times sake!

Upnext, This weeks training and form update
Old 05-19-2004, 11:06 PM   #113
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok

Maybe i'll draw Masked in the first round and slaughter his South Bay Saints for old times sake!

If that happens, maybe I will have to take your advice and throw a few league matches. I'd have to play my starters during friendlies then.

Congratulations on winning your group.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:25 PM   #114
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

No playmaking pops as expected. But next week is VERY important. My two 18 year olds will get they're 7th week of training next week and im praying they both bump. Its certainly not a given, last season it took Torbjorn 8 weeks to bump as an 18 year old(which really pissed me off).

I'll keep my figures crossed!!!!!

Form Update

And my form continues to 'SLOWLY" improve. My starters for the first time in god knows how long actually came out ahead!! +3/-2, Overall the form was +6/-4.

Defense - +2/-1 - My best defender is now down to inadequate and my second best defender is still in weak. Very very bad!!! But, on the bright side my goalie bounced back up to low solid form so that should help alittle.

Midfielders/Wingers - +2/-2 - Once again that looks better then it really is. No starters improved in form... i repeat NO STARTERS!!!! Mr. Franchise continued his up,down,up,down form dance tonight as he dropped down to passable. All the other movement was B-teamers.

Forwards - +2/-1 - This is where we had a great week!!! My new stud forward Hugo Leth is now in solid form and my number 2 forward Maik Waldner is finally back to passable form. Its a low passable form for Maik, but still passable none the less. The only drop was my back-up Abel Cano to passable.

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 390 500 US$ (+15,100)
Total squad value: 7 810 000 US$ (+302,000)

Old 05-22-2004, 09:24 PM   #115
Havok
College Starter

Jeffrey Hagen (31701009)
17 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is balanced and infamous.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 134 000 US$
Wage: 1 140 US$/week

Stamina: wretched Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: inadequate
Winger: wretched Defending: inadequate
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: weak

FINALLY!!! a good youth pull... it only took all season I needed this SO bad. Im not sure what he'll sell for because its so late in the season, but i know that head skill is gonna increase his sale value some. As long as he sells for more then Masked youth pull last week then im happy

Economic Update

Cash funds: -191 057 US$ (-247 552) US$
Supporter Club: 1808 members
Supporters: delirious

This week

Revenue--------------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0--------------------------------Arena 27 080
Sponsors 99 330------------------------Wages 46 692
Financial 0------------------------------Interest 9 553
Temporary 0----------------------------Temporary 3 000
----------------------------------------Staff 49 500
----------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000

Total revenue 99 330 Total expenses 155 825
Expected income/loss -56 495

DAm that looks bad, but i do have a home game tommarrow and the weather is good so im hoping for a sell-out. So with that money and the money from my youth pull i should have at least 300k in the bank by weeks end, hopfully a good bit more. I'm either gonna look for a future coach with that money or upgrade my stadium, we'll see.......

This Weeks Game

League Game

Pie Eaters
Tactic: 3-5-2 Normal

Midfield: brilliant
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: excellent
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: formidable
Central Attack: formidable
Left Side Attack: formidable

NSI - 84

The Pie Eaters... another team that is very close to me in terms of talent. Actually, they're midfiedlers a slightly more advanced then mine, but i put up better defense ratings and our offenses are very similar. Normally they don't put up brilliant midfields on the road, put i have a feeling im getting MOTS'ed. And heres why...... They MOTS'ed me last time we played completely out of the blue. I'm still not 100% sure why he did because it didn't make alot of sense tactically. We tied that game 1-1, my defense saved my ass quite a few times.

Second reason is they have a walkover next week, then they finish the season vs The Family Jewels who are the weakest team in the divison(even though they beat me last week ). So if PE MOTS's me tommarrow, they can PIC next week and have pretty good TS for they're last game vs the Jewels. Third reason is they need a win, if they beat me tommarrow they lock up 6th place, maybe even 5th if i lose all the rest of my games. But if they lose tommarrow, then they gotta beat the Jewels in the last game of the season to get 6th place.

Thats why i think they'll MOTS...... your probally wondering what im gonna do huh???? well i ain't telling!!! PE might have found out about my little dynasty here. Hell, FOFC has a link on the HT communities page now!!! I can't be to careful

FOFC Cup

Screamin' Seamen
Tactic: 3-5-2 Attack in the middle
Tactic skill: solid

Midfield: solid
Right Side Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: formidable
Left Side Attack: passable

NSI - 65

Well dam... i gotta play DK again!!! This is gonna be a serious battle, no doubt about it. I opened FOFC group play vs the Seaman at home and won 5-0. The ratings were MUCH closer then the score indicated, I got somewhat lucky to win that game by so much. I don't think thats gonna happen this time. I expect a really really close game. His midfield trainee's are VERY similar to mine but he has better stamina. Thankfully i get home field advantage! It should be fun!

Upnext, This weeks league game
Old 05-23-2004, 10:03 PM   #116
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - League Game - Round 12

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Pie Eaters

So i got seriously upset last week.... well, i ain't lettin that shit happen again this season!!! If i win today, i lock-up at least 5th place in the divison. Honestly thats were i'd prefer to end the season at anyway.

The Pie Eaters are a pretty solid team and in most divison IV series they'd be in the top half of the standings, not barely hanging onto 6th like they are in my series. PE's strength is midfield, and due to bad form, defense is they're weakness. Since its a home game i wouldn't normally do something radical like MOTS today, but if i somehow lose today there is a chance that i'll fall to 6th place when the season is over..... and i don't want that.

So today im gonna MOTS!!!! What the hell!!! i could be wrong, but i have a feeling they're gonna MOTS me also. They MOTS'ed the first time we played completely out of the blue, but i got lucky and sneaked out a tie. This time i'll be ready for them, i learned last week not to underestimate anyone in this dam divison. So to be on the safe side i'll MOTS. I'm pretty sure i was gonna lose next week to Havoc on the road anyway, so i can pic that game and build my TS back up some before my seasons finale vs The Carebears.

Starters

Right Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)
Left Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)

Right Winger - James MacChoiter (Towards The Middle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)
Left Winger - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Maik Waldner
Forward 2 - Hugo Leth

Im down 2 starters now because of form. Omar Narin (my second best defender) will sit out his first game EVER in 4 seasons with the Misfitz because of his low weak form. Truly a sad day Also, my second best midfielder - Jaoquim will sit out aswell since he's also in weak form. So even with an MOTS today im not expecting insane midfield ratings, maybe supernatural tops! But Iver and James stamina are probally gonna drop my midfield down a level.

I know i know.... i complain to much about my form. But its been a tough year, i got spoiled last season when i had good form almost all season. Payback is a bitch i guess

The Match

scorching day at The Island of Misfit Toyz, where 42000 spectators were in place for today´s match. Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Geoffroy - Ferreira da Silv, MacKindlay, ben Aharon - MacChoiter, Miller, Jonasson, Dyrberg, Neiweiler - Leth, Waldner.

Eaters started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Schaffer - Muncy, Anthony, Lyhskog - Chastain, Fortier, Rios, Siao, Kesserling - Komornik, Isaac.

Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 2nd minute goal by Maik Waldner for Maniacal, putting them ahead 1 - 0.

After 8 minutes Maik Waldner put Maniacal ahead 2 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side.

Hugo Leth should probably have put his team up another goal in the 9:th minute, but some great goaltending by Todd Schaffer kept the visitors in the game.

After 20 minutes Maniacal´s Torbjörn Jonasson contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game.

The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 64 percent possession rate.

Hugo Leth of Maniacal was able to make an impressive rush past the sluggish Cameron Fortier, which resulted in the 3 - 0 goal.

In the 53rd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as James MacChoiter dashed through, knocking home 4 - 0 for Maniacal.

Hugo Leth almost managed to score another goal for Maniacal, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie.

Eaters´s Matt Anthony left the field after 62 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Théophile Roy.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Huey Miller. However, James MacChoiter made a disastrous appearance.
The most dominating Eaters player was without a doubt Cameron Fortier. Théophile Roy on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 4 - 0

Goals

Maik Waldner - 2
Hugo Leth - 1
James MacChoiter - 1

Player Ratings

4.5 - Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy

3.0 - Joseph MacKindlay
3.0 - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)

4.5 - Huey Miller

3.0 - Maik Waldner
4.0 - Hugo Leth

39 - Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz
Team Attitude: Match of the Season

Midfield: world class - (13)
Left Side Attack: outstanding - (10)

NSI - 94

Pie Eaters

NSI - 76

Post Game Comments

Looks like i kinda wasted a MOTS here..... he obviously PIC'ed me. Oh well, like i said, i really wanted to make sure i won this game and i did. Also, we put up a Career best NSI - 94!!! this was only my second best midfield preformance ever if you can believe it, i beat it by 6% when i normal'ed pegasus last month at home. My middy's form was better in that game and i still had Jakob on my team then also.

Ok, lets talk about the game for a second. I completely and totally dominated from begining to end. We got 6 good scoring chances and scored on 4, we also didn't get any cards and no serious injuries. Pretty much a perfect game in my mind This loss is a tough one for PE.... now they gotta tie or beat The Family Jewels on the road in the last game of the season just to get 6th place. To be honest i'd rather have The Jewels in this divison next season then the Pie Eaters, so i hope they lose

Stars of The Game

Gold - Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy - It may seem kinda wierd to give my goalie the gold star today. But he picked up his first 4.5 star game since 3/4/2004. And he also is the only reason im still getting outstanding defensive ratings. All my other defenders are struggling bigtime, he's holding them together.

Silver - Maik Waldner - Big Maik set the tone earley scoring 2 goals in the first 8 mins. From there on out we were on cruise control. While he still only got 3 stars today, his form has been heading in the right direction over the last 2 weeks. Lets hope it continues on thursday.

Bronze - Huey Miller - Huey was once again the best player on the field for the Misfitz today grabing 4.5 stars as the extra inner middy. He started off the season kinda slow, but since Jakob was sold he's been incredible. Go Huey!

Around The Divison

Monkey of Doom - vs - Carebears 0 - 0

Well, for some unknown reason today MOD didn't counter attack and the Carebears sizable midfield advantage earned them a tie. MOD is still over the auto-promotion line, lets just hope they win they're last 2 games this season so we don't have to worry about them anymore.

pegasus - vs - Havoc 6 - 0

Ouch! Havoc's team is in pretty bad shape this week, bad form, red cards, you name it. He basically knew he was screwed in this game and didn't try to hard for a win. I don't blame him, once he beats me next week he gets to finish off the season vs the walkover. Havoc will still probally pull out third place.

Cons Commandos - vs - The Family Jewels 0 - 5

The Jewels are on a 2 game winning streak!! They will probally lose next week, but if they beat the Pie Eaters at home to end the season, they'll somehow pull off 6th place! It should be interesting to see what happens.

Divison Standings

--------Team------------Played-----------Goals------------Points

1. Monkey of Doom---------12------------35 - 6-------------32

2. pegasus-----------------12------------42 - 12------------28

3. Carebears---------------12------------24 - 17------------20

4. Maniacal Misfitz----------12------------29 - 16------------19

5. Havoc-------------------12------------23 - 27------------19

6. The Family Jewels--------12------------20 - 22------------11

7. Pie Eaters----------------12------------21 - 34-------------9

8. Cons Commandos---------12------------0 - 60--------------0

Upnext, This weeks FOFC Cup game
Old 05-23-2004, 10:54 PM   #117
Havoc99
n00b

Nice win, you damn imposter. I'm annoyed by my 6-0 massacre mostly because of what it'll do to my confidence but my TS is up some now after a couple PICs and I should be able to field all my decent midfielders next week so hopefully life will be good.

The best news from today, though, is that my gamble on developing a coach from Passable experience within one season paid off today & I will have a much, much better coach for next season
Old 05-24-2004, 07:12 PM   #118
Havok
College Starter

Your midfield is gonna be sweet next season with a good coach........ dammit
Old 05-25-2004, 07:20 PM   #119
Havok
College Starter

Update

Jeffrey Hagen (31701009)
A pleasant guy who is balanced and infamous.

Assessed value: 134 000 US$
Wage: 1 140 US$/week

Stamina: wretched Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: inadequate
Winger: wretched Defending: inadequate
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: weak

Big Jeff sold for an impressive 533k!!! Thats is by far my best youth pull sale ever. With sunday's sell-out and this 490k, i've went from -191k in the bank to 519k this week. Not bad

The next 2 things on my list of "things to do" is buy a future coach and upgrade my stadium. Hopefully 519K will be enough to do both of these i hope.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:18 PM   #120
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - FOFC Cup - Sweet 16

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Screamin' Seamen

As i predicted after beating Dataking's Screamin' Seamen in round 1 of group play, they've been kicking serious butt ever since. Now as luck would have it.... we meet again in the sweet 16! I can't say that im overly happy about having to play DK in my first match. To be honest i was hoping for someone a little easier And there is nothing easy about DK's B-team.

I have a couple things working against me in this game, the first is my Team Spirit. Right now my TS is down to composed after sundays MOTS. Thats the lowest its been all season. The second thing working against me is my stamina, it really hasn't been a problem in the cup so far because i've had a much better midfield then anyone i've played. But that isn't the case today vs the Seaman. Our back-up middies are almost equal, and he's got better form and stamina. So just like the last time we played i think my only shot is to play both my wingers TM and pray for a few breaks........

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Right Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Defensive)
Left Wingback - Omar Nairn (Defensive)

Right Winger - Imboon Prakardsakda (Towards The Middle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Karl Leitner (Offensive)
Inner Midifelder 3 - Percy Morton
Left Winger - Benton Minter (Towards the Middle)

Forward 1 - Abel Cano
Forward 2 - Bill Wright

Full B-team today.... im not gonna play any starters in the FOFC cup unless i play a team that plays some of they're starters. Then i still might not play any starters, i'd just feel guilty doing that if my opponent had all his B-team in there.

Anyway, the B-team is still looking pretty crappy form wise, they had a bad form update last thursday. While Percy Morton is the only guy in Excellent form, he's also the guy with crap stamina so that high form won't help much in the second half. Only 2 of my 5 middy's/wingers have passable form or higher, actually let me take that a step further......... only 6 out of my 11 players today have form of passable or higher. And only 2 are above passable. That ain't good..... im worried........

The Match

2228 spectators had come to The Island of Misfit Toyz this cloudy day. Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Landowski - ben Aharon, MacKindlay, Nairn - Prakardsakda, Neiva, Morton, Leitner, Minter - Cano, Wright.

Screamin' tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Read - Leier, Svensson, Mcmahon - Taxwell, Alustiza, Behling, Kolberg, Richardy - Metman, Lourenso.

Screamin' clearly preferred attacks in the middle.

Man, what a shot by Bill Wright! Firing from 35 yards he didn't give the enemy goalie a chance and it was 1 - 0.

In the 24:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Abel Cano dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Maniacal.

Joseph MacKindlay increased Maniacal´s lead to 3 - 0 from a penalty spot cannonball.

Rune Kolberg of Screamin' received a yellow card in the 30:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Screamin' fought on and, in the 31st minute Fidel Lourenso was able to reply with 3 - 1 after some excellent moves on the right side finished off by an incredibly clever chip.

Maniacals Bill Wright got himself booked after a foul.

The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 1. This part of the game had been a standoff between the teams.

The visitors got a chance of pulling one back in the 47:th minute, due to a defensive blunder leaving Guido Metman completely unmarked. His strike was pathetic though, easy prey for the home side´s keeper.

Screamin' managed to reduce a bit later to 3 - 2 as Guido Metman finished off a well played combination from the left, carving through the defensive box.

Karl Leitner almost managed to score another goal for Maniacal, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie.

Gino Behling almost scored an equalising goal for Screamin' in the 71st minute, but Marcin Landowski made an excellent save, tipping the awkwardly curled shot past the post.

One of many good passes from Ad Taxwell at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Guido Metman, scoring for Screamin' to 3 - 3.

Naftali ben Aharon gave his Maniacal the lead with 4 - 3, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post.

Screamin', bringing the final ball possession rate to 57 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Joaquim Neiva. Benton Minter on the other hand, had a terrible day.
The most dominating Screamin' player was without a doubt Sven Svensson. Ad Taxwell on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 4 - 3

Goals

Bill Wright - 1
Abel Cano - 1
Joseph MacKindlay - 1
Naftali ben Aharon - 1

Player Ratings

3.0 - Marcin Landowski

3.0 - Joseph MacKindlay

3.0 - Karl Leitner (Offensive)
3.0 - Percy Morton
2.0 - Benton Minter (Towards the Middle)

2.5 - Abel Cano
3.0 - Bill Wright

30.5 - Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz

Right Side Defence: solid - (7)

NSI - 60

Screamin' Seamen
Tactic: Attack in the middle

Right Side Attack: excellent - (8)

NSI - 67

Post Game Comments

We Win!!!! We Win!!! We also got lucky....... i'll admit that. The better team lost today and if it were me i'd be a little upset. They weren't vastly better then us today, but they were better. You'd have to go back to my second USA cup game of the season to find a worse NSI then i had today. I knew it was gonna be bad, but these ratings just flat out suck. I hope my B-team turns it around some on thursday or we probally won't make it to the Final four even with home-field advantage.

Speaking of Home Field advantage, thats the only reason we won this game. That and Bill Wright's long-shot event goal to start the games scoring off. I have to admit this was one of the more exciting games i've ever watched, i missed the first half but the second half was the fun part. I knew my bad stamina would severly hurt my possession in the second half, then the Seaman scoring 2 goals and tieing it up with 15 mins to go. i thought i was DOOMED!!!! But my coach/wingback Naftali ben Aharon scored the game winner and i about jumped out of my seat i was so happy!!!

Next week we take on another tough team ..... The First Coast Conquistadors at home. They seem to be playing quite a few starters in the FOFC cup... i have a decision to make next week. Should i play any starters or not. Tough call....... any advice would be welcome

Upnext, This weeks Training and Form update
Old 05-27-2004, 03:04 AM   #121
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That was a close'n

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:47 PM   #122
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

GGGRRRRR!!!! Mr. Franchise - Iver Dyrberg didn't bump to brilliant PM That hurts.... at least my other 18 year old bumped on time.

Karl Leitner
387 000 US$, 18 years, inadequate form
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities

Stamina: passable Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: formidable Passing: inadequate
Winger: wretched Defending: passable
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: passable

My 'Jack-of-all-trades" trainee!! Karl is still about 1 1/2 levels behind my next closest midfielder. But it doesn't much matter, he'll never be a full-time starter for us. He'll be sold when he hits world class in a couple seasons, i might hang on to him until he hits SN. Only time will tell.......

Form

Right when i thought my form was gonna turn around.... it starts heading down again. +1/-2

Defenders - +0/-0 - My second best defender 'Omar Narin' is now down to VERY low weak form, he lost a ton of value today. He'll remain on the bench. But my goalie added around 30k and he's now in pretty high solid form. So i guess it evened out today......

Midfielders/Wingers - +1/-2 - SOOOOO not good. My 6 midfielders form right now is..... Solidx2,Inadequatex3,and Weak. And to make matters worse, 1 of the guys in solid form as poor stamina so he can't start no matter what his form is. At least the wingers are doing ok

Forwards - +0/-0 - No movement, but everyone added a little bit of value so it was a decent week for the offense.

Player/Team Value

I'll have to do this later.......for some reason Hattrick hasn't updated this yet.

Old 05-28-2004, 09:49 AM   #123
Havok
College Starter

Update

And the Misfitz have found our future coach!! We now have our next 2 coachs lined up so i won't have to worry about it again for a long time.

Jerko Milas (10614309)
29 years, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is tranquil and honest.
Has inadequate experience and passable leadership abilities.

Nationality: Hrvatska
Assessed value: 150 000 US$
Wage: 1 824 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: weak Passing: wretched
Winger: inadequate Defending: solid
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: solid

Paid 180k

JERK-O...... fills a couple different needs for us. Obviously he'll become our coach one day. He still needs 2 experiance bumps in 2 seasons before he can do so...... So i'll try to play him just about every game i can.

He also will become our Set Peice's taker for the starters!!! Since i bought Hugo Leth a few weeks ago, my old SP taker Bill Wright is now a part of the B-team. And last but not least.... Jerko will add some much needed depth to my defenders. I've only had 4 defenders on my team for 2 seasons now, last season it wasn't a problem but this season my lack of depth has forced me to play guys in bad form which inturn hurt my defensive ratings.

Player/Team Value

note - Jerko is not included in these numbers yet

Value per player (average): 404 750 US$ (+14,250)
Total squad value: 8 095 000 US$ (+285,000)

2 big marks hit this week!!! The 400K average per player and the 8 million total team value mark!!!!
Old 05-29-2004, 10:33 PM   #124
Havok
College Starter

Perry Farrar (32068272)
A nasty fellow who is balanced and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 5 000 US$
Wage: 520 US$/week

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: wretched

After last weeks pull..... you won't here any complaining out of me for awhile

Economic Update

Cash funds: 346 671 US$ (299 730) US$
Supporter Club: 1826 members
Supporters: high on life

This week

Revenue--------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0---------------------------Arena 27 080
Sponsors 100 155------------------Wages 48 516
Financial 0-------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0-----------------------Temporary 2 000
-----------------------------------Staff 49 500
------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 100 155 Total expenses 147 096
Expected income/loss -46 941

Hit the 100k sponsor money mark!!! The next thing i need to do is upgrade my arena. I'd like to get it to around 60k for next season. That way i won;t have to worry about it for a long time(i always say that, then i have to upgrade the next season). Im not sure when i'll do it, its gonna cost around 400k.

This Weeks Games

League Game

Havoc

Midfield: formidable - (9)
Left Side Defence: inadequate - (5)
Right Side Attack: brilliant - (11)

NSI - 83

Who knows if those are the ratings i'll face, Havoc's ratings are almost never the same twice. Sunday's game between the Havoc/k's will kinda be a let down. Right now Havoc's form sucks and his best midfielder is injuried. Things aren't much better for us. My TS is at a season-low, my midfielders form sucks, and im picing on the road. There is a good chance that my NSI rating tommarrow will be its lowest all season for the starters.

I knew at the begining of the season that i was gonna lose this game, Havoc ends the season vs the walkover team so he can MOTS me if he wants. So if i get crushed tommarrow its not really a huge deal. I've done about as much as i could in IV.41 this season. Especially considering im the youngest team in the divison.

FOFC Cup Game

First Coast Conquistadors

Midfield: solid - (7)
Left Side Defence: passable - (6)

NSI - 66

Hmm... i knew this day was coming. Deep in the FOFC cup and know i gotta play a guy who plays alot of his starters. Im not even sure right now what FCC is training.... It was midfielders at one time but who knows now. Anyway, i think my back-ups could still beat his starters at home. I 'Might' throw my starting goalie in there or maybe a forward, but thats it. We'll see......

Upnext, Thsi weeks league game
Old 05-30-2004, 10:01 PM   #125
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - League Game - Round 13

Havoc - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

Second to last game of the season is here!! This is a very important week for the Misfitz, if i lose (and im pretty sure i will) and the Carebears win then i'll lock 5th place no matter what happens. Thats a good thing in my book,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lytic
"If you can't get 1st place.... get 5th place!!"

My chances today are slim.... my Team spirit is crap and my midfielders form is really bad. Plus im picing on the road, so the best midfield i can hope for is solid. That won't be enough to beat Havoc unless i get very lucky. He's also in really bad form and missing his best midfielder due to injury, but he does have home field advantage and he can MOTS me since his last game of the season is vs the walkover.

Starters

Right Wingback - Jerko Milas (Defensive)

Right Winger - James MacChoiter (Towards The Middle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
Left Winger - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Maik Waldner
Forward 2 - Hugo Leth

Well..... i got tired of waiting for my defenders form to turn around so i just went out and bought a new one!!! hehe im joking... well kinda. I did buy a new defender/SP taker/Future coach and today is his first game with the team. Now i have 5 defenders who all can be starters in good form. That should give me a little more flexability.

Anyway, the offenses form is good and im expecting Hugo Leth to get his first ever 4.5 star game. The Defense form is average so they should do ok. But my middy's are seriously struggling... my best middy 'Hugo Miller' is still in solid form but my other 2 starters are in weak and inadequate Combined that with bad TS and a pic = bad midfield rating today.

The Match

45000 spectators had come to Havoc Arena this cloudy day. Havoc started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Swenson - Łuc, Kern, Wheatley - bin Mohamad, Hansson, Ward, Rabella, Flessas - Corbett, Marinicã.

Maniacal started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Geoffroy - Milas, MacKindlay, Ferreira da Silv - MacChoiter, Miller, Neiva, Jonasson, Neiweiler - Leth, Waldner.

Mel Ward gave his Havoc the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post.

Nikos Flessas of Havoc received a yellow card in the 35:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

With 35 minutes played the visitors almost levelled the score. Jerko Milas shot a hard curved free kick, striking the post.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Havoc´s Mel Ward putting the lead up to 2 - 0.

The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Havoc, with an impressive 64 percent possession of the ball.

One of many good passes from James MacChoiter at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Maik Waldner, scoring for Maniacal to 2 - 1.

Maik Waldner came close to levelling the score in the 53rd minute, as he was set up with a through ball coming in from the left, but his shot hit the post.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Havoc lead up with 3 - 1. Blaine Wheatley finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. After this Havoc lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Havoc´s Blaine Wheatley got himself booked.

Havoc, bringing the final ball possession rate to 66 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Havoc player was Mel Ward. Nor Suhaimi bin Mohamad on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Huey Miller. However, James MacChoiter made a disastrous appearance.

The match ends 3 - 1

Goals

Maik Waldner - 1

Player Ratings

3.5 - Jerko Milas (Defensive)
3.0 - Joseph MacKindlay

3.5 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
5.0 - Huey Miller

3.5 - Maik Waldner
4.5 - Hugo Leth

40 Stars!!!

Team Ratings

Havoc

Midfield: brilliant - (11)
Right Side Attack: solid - (7)

NSI - 87

Maniacal Misfitz

Left Side Defence: brilliant - (11)

NSI - 74

Post Game Comments

I can live with a 3-1 loss after that midfield preformance. I knew it was coming.... but there is a silver lining in all this! actually 2 sliver linings! The first is i got my first ever 40 star game!!! and i did it with 2 of my best players on the field in crap form. Not bad...... The other is that the Carebears stuck it to Pegasus today so we've locked up 5th place no matter what happens next week!! Now that means we get to play a qualifier and there is a chance i might lose. But with good TS, at home, and MOTS'ing there are very very very few divison V teams that can beat me. Im not worried......

Ok, about todays game. We did better then i thought we would. That passable midfield is a bit disappointing..... thats the worst its been since my week 1 pic on the road with composed TS. But the defense and offense played pretty well. We missed a couple scoring chances that could have made the game interesting, but in the end the better team won. Congratz to Havoc on todays win....

Stars of The Game

Gold - Huey Miller - As always.... Huey was the best man on the field for us. But the main reason he got the gold star today is because he picked up his first 5 stars game!!! I heart Huey

Silver - Hugo Leth - First 4.5 star game for Hugo aswell!!! Once he gets a little more experiance he should get 4.5 stars quite often.

Bronze - Maik Waldner - Maik finally is back to mid-passable form and 3.5 stars game. Plus he scored our only goal in the game and helped us avoid a shutout. Maik currently leads the team in league goals this season with 7. He also lead the team in Cup goals with 6. Good all around season for him.

Around The Divison

Carebears - vs - pegasus 3 - 0

Ok im worried..... The Carebears put up a 91 NSI today and im pretty sure they Pic'ed. Thats scarey..... Especially considering his new goalie is only in weak form. His midfield is young and i'd say about 4-5 weeks of training ahead of mine. I have a feeling they are gonna be a serious problem next season for Havoc and I both.

As for todays game.... well Pegasus must hate winning, because he PIC's and plays AOW for absolutely no reason at all sometimes. I can't figure them out and im gonna stop trying. Its a shame really..... such a good team to.

Monkey of Doom - vs - The Family Jewels 3 - 2

The Family Jewels ET set peice taker that kicked my butt a couple weeks ago, almost single handly pulled off a tie vs IV.41 powerhouse MOD. He scored both of FJ's goals from free kicks.... but it just wasn't enough and MOD escaped with a 3-2 win. MOD now has 35 points and im pretty sure that will be enough for them to auto-promote to divison III next season. But i could be wrong since i haven't looked at hatstats yet.

Pie Eaters - vs - Cons Commando 5 - 0

Geeee what a coincidence.... the team i played last week gets the walkover this week!!! While i liked having a bot team in my divison this season, the way my schedule was set up it really screwed me

Divison Standings

--------Team-------------Played-------------Goals----------Points

1. Monkey of Doom----------13---------------38 - 8------------35

2. pegasus------------------13---------------42 - 15-----------28

3. Carebears----------------13---------------27 - 17-----------23

4. Havoc--------------------13---------------26 - 28-----------22

5. Maniacal Misfitz-----------13---------------30 - 19-----------19

6. Pie Eaters-----------------13--------------26 - 34------------12

7. The Family Jewels----------13--------------22 - 25------------11

8. Cons Commandos-----------13--------------0 - 65-------------0

Some big games next week.... MOD and Pegasus square off. Im pulling for MOD so they auto-promote the hell outta this divison and hopfully never return!!

The Family Jewels and Pie Eaters game is big aswell, the winner gets 6th place and the loser gets 7th. I'd probally prefer FJ to win, but either way it doesn't bother me.

My game vs The Carebears doesn't really matter at all for me..... i'll stay in 5th place eitherway. I'd like to win it so Havoc can take 3rd, but the Carebears will probally MOTS me and i gotta PIC since i have a qualifier. So i'd say the odds are in Carebears favor.

Upnext, This weeks FOFC Cup game
Old 05-30-2004, 10:07 PM   #126
Havoc99
n00b

It was a good game- I'm just glad that I finally had an injury free match

Now if you'd only leave that poor Huey boy alone- your hugs are creeping him out!
Old 06-01-2004, 09:54 PM   #127
Havok
College Starter

Arena Upgrade

I was gonna do this a couple days ago but Warcraft III was been taking up alot of my time lately and i forgot

When its done "The Island of Misfit Toyz" will seat 60,000 screaming Misfitz fans!! I'm going with a slightly different approach then most and building my VIP seats up to 2.5% of my total seats instead of the usual 2%. I've heard people talk about this before so im gonan give it a try. Can't hurt i guess, just cost a little more money to build. Im now 120k in debt but i do have a home game on sunday so its no big deal.

I've now finished everything that i wanted to do this season.......

- Sold Jakob when he hit brilliant

- Bought a new badass forward

- Bought another future coach (i now have my next 2)

- And upgraded my stadium to 60k

Now its time to start saving my money for next season when i plan to 'seriously' upgrade my defenders.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:11 PM   #128
Havoc99
n00b

I also go 2.5% VIP
Old 06-03-2004, 01:12 AM   #129
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - FOFC Cup - Elite 8

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - First Coast Conquistadors

For the second time in as many seasons...... we've made it to the elite 8 of the FOFC Cup! Last season we lost 2-0 on the road to Arkham in the Elite 8. The big difference this season is that we get home field advantage today!! Its very important in the FOFC cup to get home field advantage since everyones midfield is pretty close, that extra boost from being at home can be a big difference maker.

I honestly don't know for sure what The First Coast Conquistadors train. Maybe goalies but i really don't know. They seem to play all or almost all of they're starters in the FOFC Cup so that might be a problem. But truthfully, my B-team is almost up to par with FCC's starters. So even if he does play his full starting cast, this game should still be close. My only concern is my Team spirit still isn't all that great for todays game.... only 'Calm'. so i won't be seeing the excellent or formidable midfield my B-team was seeing at home earlier in the FOFC Cup. Plus, like i've said every week, my stamina blows so if the game is very close at halftime, it might fall apart quickly in the second half. Lets see what happens!!!

Starters

Central Defender - Jerko Milas

Right Winger - Benton Minter (Offensive)
Inner Midifelder 2 - Karl Leitner (Defensive)
Left Winger - Imboon Prakardsakda (Towards The Middle)

Forward 1 - Abel Cano
Forward 2 - Bill Wright

Yeah so what!!! So i played my starting goalie!!! I know i'll probally face most.... if not all of his starters so im alond to play 1. Lets just hope he doesn't get injuried, then i'd feel like an idoit. The B-teams form is pretty average right now, except Omar Narin. He's in low-weak form and its driving me nutz. I should see some pretty decent ratings today, especially with my starting goalie in there.

The Match

A scorching day at The Island of Misfit Toyz, where 2067 spectators were in place for today´s match. Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Geoffroy - Nairn, Milas, ben Aharon - Minter, Morton, Dyrberg, Leitner, Prakardsakda - Cano, Wright.

Conquistadors tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Eastman - Rescio, Locke, Jackson - Joon-Hee, Valero Gonzalez, Poirier, Ly, Small - Portela, Banks.

Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 5:th minute goal by Bill Wright for Maniacal, putting them ahead 1 - 0.

In the 24:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Karl Leitner dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Maniacal. The structure of the game started to change as Maniacal decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 24 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Maniacal. However, Scotty Eastman made a spectacular save.

Abel Cano was ever so close to scoring after an excellent corner which then was extended by Benton Minter, but the ball went into the frame.

Halftime score was 2 - 0. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

A bit later Conquistadors´s Danilo Valero Gonzalez easily reduced to 2 - 1 after a misunderstanding in the home sides central defense line.

In the game's 58:th minute Maniacal´s Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Conquistadors´s Gary Locke got himself booked.

In the 79:th minute Maniacal´s Abel Cano tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net.

84 minutes into the game Gary Locke had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Dexter Canales.

Maniacal´s Abel Cano had an excellent opportunity in the 84:th minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles!

In the games 86:th minute Fan Joon-Hee bent a free kick around the home teams defensive formation, leaving the goalie completely without a chance to save. Conquistadors had evened the score to 2 - 2.

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Conquistadors, with an impressive 53 percent possession of the ball.

After the regular 90 minutes, the agony of overtime followed.

After a fine move down the middle Abel Cano nearly gave the home side one up in the 100:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though.

Conquistadors had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy saved Guilherme Portela´s shot headed for the top corner.

After overtime the game was still at a tie, and a penalty contest ensued.

Maniacal´s Bill Wright cooly put the ball past Scotty Eastman. 3 - 2.

Conquistadors´s Fan Joon-Hee was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy.

Score still 3 - 2. Maniacal´s Jerko Milas cockily booted the ball with a short-and-fast instep. The penalty, going just wide of the mark, didn´t produce a goal.

Conquistadors´s Danilo Valero Gonzalez made no mistake. Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy didn´t have a chance. 3 - 3.

Maniacal´s Iver Dyrberg was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Scotty Eastman. Score still 3 - 3.

Conquistadors´s Scotty Eastman looked insecure all the way from laying the ball down to clipping the ball miles wide of the crossbar. No goal.

Maniacal´s Karl Leitner looked insecure all the way from laying the ball down to clipping the ball miles wide of the crossbar. No goal.

Conquistadors´s Ben Poirier cockily booted the ball with a short-and-fast instep. The penalty, going just wide of the mark, didn´t produce a goal.

Maniacal´s Percy Morton was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Scotty Eastman. Score still 3 - 3.

Conquistadors´s Thad Small didn´t hesitate but Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy managed the save, resulting in an unchanged 3 - 3 score.

Maniacal´s Omar Nairn had nerves of steel at the penalty, changing the score to 4 - 3.

Conquistadors´s Guilherme Portela cockily booted the ball with a short-and-fast instep. The penalty, going just wide of the mark, didn´t produce a goal.

Most important Maniacal player was Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy. Imboon Prakardsakda on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Conquistadors player was without a doubt Ben Poirier. Barry Ly was a disappointment, however.

The match ends 4 - 3

Goals

Bill Wright - 2
Karl Leitner - 1
Omar Narin - 1

Player Ratings

4.0 - Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy

2.0 - Omar Nairn (Defensive)
3.0 - Jerko Milas

3.0 - Benton Minter (Offensive)
3.0 - Percy Morton

3.0 - Abel Cano
3.0 - Bill Wright

33 - Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz

Left Side Defence: brilliant - (11)

NSI - 71

First Coast Conquistadors

Midfield: inadequate - (5)
Left Side Defence: passable - (6)
Right Side Attack: solid - (7)
Left Side Attack: formidable - (9)

NSI - 65

Post Game Comments

WOW! What a crazy game!! We did everything we could to lose that game and yet we still won. We scored 2 early goals and pulled back.... i hate when that happens. Then we missed a total of Four! scoring chances thoughout the rest of the game. We then did what we always do in friendly's and thats blow a halftime lead because of stamina. Yet somehow after all this....we won in Penalty Kicks! Truly a crazy game!!

I talked to Myles after the game and he apparently forgot to change his line-up from sunday.... so i faced his entire A-team. Im glad i decided to play my starting goalie even though he did get slightly injuried, which scared the hell outta me when it happened. We've now made it farther in the FOFC Cup then we ever have before!!! Plus... we get homefield advantage again vs the Bees next week!! Im not quite as optimistic about that game since Ausonny as a very nice A-team and he's notorious for playing a bunch of his starters in the FOFC Cup. I won't do that next week since i have a qualifier that sunday and i'd rather not risk losing a starter to injury in a friendly.

Upnext, This week training and form update!
Old 06-03-2004, 11:39 PM   #130
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

Its truly a special day for the Misfitz!!! 2 HUGE bumps this week!

Iver Dyrberg
936 000 US$, 18 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities [Unpredictable]

Stamina: passable Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: brilliant Passing: inadequate
Winger: poor Defending: poor
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: inadequate

It took him 8 weeks, but Mr. Franchise finally hit Brilliant!! He's now bypassed a bunch of guys i've had for much longer and is now my second best PM middy! His stamina should have been keeping him out of league games but since my top offensive middy 'Jaoquim' has been in crappy form for the last 6 weeks, Iver has been starting.

Im actually debating on selling him soon and getting an america around the same age/skill level. Im gonna have to do it one day since his wages will probally kill me when he hits Mythical. But its not a big deal right now..... so maybe i'll just keep listing him for alot and if someone bites then i'll take it.

Huey Miller
1 380 000 US$, 20 years, solid form
Has poor experience and wretched leadership abilities [Head]

Stamina: solid Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: magnificent Passing: poor
Winger: wretched Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

Our first ever Magnificent player!!!!! Huey is da man! Im so glad he bumped today, i was scared he would be late like Iver was. As you all know Huey is my ROCK in the midfield and just last sunday picked up his first 5 star game!! He'll be a Misfit for a LONGGGGG TIME!

Form

Another blah week of form Hasn't been much form movement the last 2 weeks. Only 3 total changes last week and 5 this week. +2/-3

Defense - +2/-0 - Defense had a nice week. Omar Narin is finally starting to pull out of his form slump. He jumped to inadequate form today, it still won't be enough to get him into the starting line-up, but its a step in the righ direction. My goalie also bumped a level in form and is now in excellent!!! I don't expect much of a difference from last week since his value only went up like 6k. That ain't much for a guy worth 860k, but excellent is excellent!!

Winger/Midfielders- +0/-1 - Grrrr.... my starting winger towards the middle 'James MacChoiter' finally dropped down to passable form from solid. He was in solid form pretty much all season so i can't complain to much. No midfielders moved but im pretty sure Jaoquim is now in the lowest possible "weak" you can be in, so he'll remain on the B-team.

Forwards - +0/-2 - Dam... 3 of my 4 forward lost value, but the good news is my best one 'Hugo Leth' gained a little value and is still in solid form. Unfortunetly, his sidekick Maik, who was finally starting to turn his form around, dropped back down to inadequate

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 408 286 US$ (+3,536)
Total squad value: 8 574 000 US$ (+479,000)
No of players (excluding the coach): 21
Number of nationalities: 15

These numbers are kinda screwy since i bought Jerko last week.

Old 06-04-2004, 12:00 AM   #131
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
He'll be a Misfit for a LONGGGGG TIME!

I remember when a LONGGGGG TIME for you was two weeks,lol.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:01 AM   #132
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Dola

My 18 yo, Alfonso Dach was two weeks beind Iver at the beginning of the season, so we'll see if that holds up. Congrats on the pops.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:10 PM   #133
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexroid
Dola

My 18 yo, Alfonso Dach was two weeks beind Iver at the beginning of the season, so we'll see if that holds up. Congrats on the pops.

Iver was a little disappointing, taking 8 weeks to pop instead of the usual 7 for 18 year olds. It took Iver and huey both 8 weeks to pop and they are 2 years apart in age

Good luck with Alfonso... i've noticed you have a very young and very talented midfield. In a season or 2 your guys are gonna be sweet!
Old 06-06-2004, 03:10 PM   #134
Havok
College Starter

Ed Mcmillan (34224371)
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and upright.

Assessed value: 30 000 US$
Wage: 640 US$/week

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: weak
Winger: poor Defending: wretched
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: inadequate

better then nothing... he'll probally fetch me a few K.

Economic Update

Cash funds: -112 844 US$ (-165 767) US$
Supporter Club: 1838 members
Supporters: delirious

This week

Revenue-------------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0-------------------------------Arena 27 080
Sponsors 100 815----------------------Wages 48 516
Financial 0-----------------------------Interest 5 642
Temporary 0---------------------------Temporary 3 000
---------------------------------------Staff 49 500
---------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 100 815------------------Total expenses 153 738
Expected income/loss -52 923

My stadium upgrade threw me into dept once again, but i have a home league game this week which should sell-out and i have a quailifer next week. So i'll be fine going into next season.

This weeks games

League Game

Carebears

Midfield: magnificent - (12)
Right Side Defence: world class - (13)
Central Defence: magnificent - (12)

NSI - 94

If the Carebears eclipise the 100 NSI mark vs be on sunday it wouldn't surprise me. Im expecting a MOTS and a little bit better defensive ratings since his new goalie's form is steadly increasing. I've said it before and i'll say it again, The Carebears scare me more then anyone else in the divison. They have a strong midfield that gets better every week, a decent offense and now with they're new goalie they have a really strong defense. These guys are gonna be a handful next season....

I'd like to win or tie this game so Havoc can take 3rd place instead of the dreaded 4th place. But i'll need some serious luck i think. I have to PIC this game so i have good TS next week in my qualifier and im sure the Carebears will MOTS me.

FOFC Cup Game

Bees

Midfield: passable
Right Side Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: world class
Central Attack: outstanding
Left Side Attack: outstanding

NSI - 75

My final four game in the FOFC cup is vs the luckiest FOFC'er EVER!!! We've all heard about ausonny and his 5 million dollar youth pull to start the season! Anyway, I do have home-field advantage in this game which is good. But the problem is that The Bees have played quite a few starters in they're FOFC cup games this season and i just can't risk it with a qualifier that following sunday. So he'll be facing my entire B-team, i think my only hope in this game is to dominate the midfield. My midfield trainee's are far more advanced then the Bee's, so maybe i can win the midfiled by enough to negate his stronger offensive ratings. Either way it should be a good game and im just glad i've made it this far in the FOFC Cup! Go Misfitz!

Upnext, This weeks League game
Old 06-06-2004, 10:47 PM   #135
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - League Game - Round 14

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Carebears

And season 4 for the Misfitz draws to a close today. Well.... kinda, league play will be done but i get a qualifier next week no matter what happens today. Unfortunetly a qualifier next week kinda dooms me today. Mainly because i gotta pic with only calm TS and im pretty sure the Carebears will MOTS me since its they're last game of the season.

I wasn't quite sure how to take these guys to start off the season. They had a real nice midfield but everything else was pretty average. But over the course of the season they sold off a top middy and upgraded they're defense quite a bit. I thought selling off a top middy weaken they're midfield some but it didn't. They have an 18 year old Venezuela middy who is already on the U-20 team. He stepped in and they haven't missed a beat. If i didn't have a quailifier im pretty sure i could win this game, but since i do and i gotta pic. Im not very optimistic about todays outcome...

Starters

Right Wingback - Joseph MacKindlay (Defensive)

Inner Midfielder 2 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
Left Winger - James MacChoiter (Towards The Middle)

Forward 1 - Hugo Leth
Forward 2 - Maik Waldner

For the first time in a VERY long time my defense has the best form on the team. Its not my defenders either... they have inadequate, passable and solid form. Pretty average there..... But its my goalie whos HOT! Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy hit excellent form on thursday! At the time i thought it was a very low excellent form since his value didn't go up much. But i forgot he was still 'Bruised but playing". Now that he's fully healed i see that he's in very nice excellent form I should see my best defensive ratings since week 1(the last time i played the carebears). Everyone else on the team has pretty average form... nothing spectacular.

The Match

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 42000 at The Island of Misfit Toyz today. Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Geoffroy - MacKindlay, Milas, Ferreira da Silv - Neiweiler, Miller, Jonasson, Dyrberg, MacChoiter - Leth, Waldner.

Carebears tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Holmes - Ertorp, Hansson, Osnabrück - Wyatt, Persson, Wickborg, Roca Paradís, Hernández - Nessby, Držaniæ.

In the 11th minute Carebearss Stefan Persson received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

The referee showed Maniacals Andi Neiweiler the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

Maniacals Hugo Leth gave, after 24 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right.

In the 27:th minute Carebearss Raúl Roca Paradís received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

Maniacals Joseph MacKindlay got himself booked after a foul.

Vedran Držaniæ came close to levelling the score in the 37:th minute, as he was set up with a through ball coming in from the left, but his shot hit the post.

Halftime score was 1 - 0. Carebears, bringing the final ball possession rate to 55 percent, dominated the battle.

Sheldon Wyatt was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Vedran Držaniæ managed to kick one of them into 1 - 1 in the 56:th minute.

Carebears´s Stefan Persson gave the visitors a 1 - 2 lead in the 65:th minute with a superb strike from the right. Vedran Držaniæ increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right.

1 - 3. By now Carebears were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead.

Carebears held the ball, with a clear 59 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Huey Miller. James MacChoiter on the other hand, had a terrible day.
The most dominating Carebears player was without a doubt Klas Wickborg. However, Hans-Joachim Osnabrück made a disastrous appearance.

The match ends 1 - 3

Goals

Hugo Leth - 1

Player Ratings

3.0 - Joseph MacKindlay (Defensive)
3.0 - Jerko Milas

5.0 - Huey Miller

4.5 - Hugo Leth
3.0 - Maik Waldner

40 - Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz

Midfield: excellent - (24)
Right Side Defence: brilliant - (11)

NSI - 81

Carebears

Midfield: outstanding - (10)
Right Side Defence: supernatural - (14)
Central Defence: magnificent - (12)

NSI - 91

Post Game Comments

I saw that coming...... we sure made it interesting after being up 1-0 at halftime. But they hammered us good in the second half. Not so great staimna isn't just a B-team team problem for me. My starters arn't perfect either. Hopfully stamina training this offseason will fix that.

Im actually quite surprised that the Carebears only got an outstanding midfield today, i don't think he MOTS'ed me for whatever reason.... Maybe he just forgot. Now my midfield rating was a disappointment, i was expecting at least a formidable. My low TS and picing really killed it. But it had to be done, winning my qualifier next week is all that matters. Im playing Waycross City (70370) next week. These guys have a decent young midfield that will be very strong late next season. But they're no match for me at home right now, i should spank them pretty good and remain in the hell that is IV.41 for another season..... im not sure if thats a good thing or not

Stars of The Game

Gold - Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy - He gave up 3 goals.... but it really wasn't his fault. He gets the gold star for giving us our second best defensive rating ever dispite only average form outta my defenders.

Silver - Hugo Leth - Since we bought Hugo his value has increased every week along with his form. He now sits in solid form and played his best game ever for us this week for the fourth consecutive week. He also scored our only goal today so he gets the silver star!

Bronze - Huey Miller - yeah yeah yeah... Huey again. What can i say..... he was the best player on the field fo us and got his second straight 5 star game

Around The Divison

Im gonna start putting each teams NSI rating next to each teams name. Our divisons NSI's are getting crazy and i want everyone to see them

The Family Jewels (NSI - 93) - vs - Pie Eaters (NSI - 68) 3 - 1

DAM!!! The Family Jewels went out and bought 3 old geezer midfielders this week for a combined 3.2 million! Not sure where he got all that money but he put up a very nice outstanding midfield today and whipped the Pie Eaters ass. Now the Pie Eaters finish 7th and will demote and the Jewels get to play a qualifier. I never would have guessed it to start the season, i gotta give FJ some credit. He also put up some incrediable defensive ratings today, Supernaturel - Divine - Magical. These guys are gonna be tougher then i thought next season........ dammit!!

pegasus (NSI - 98) - vs - Monkey of Doom (NSI - 99) 1 - 1

2 games between the best 2 teams in the divison this season..... and 2 ties. Can't say im surprised really. Pegasus came out and said he was picing today because he wants to win some friendly cup or something. Like i said last week, im done trying to figure out why he does the things he does. Im just happy that MOD is auto-promoting, hopfully the team that replaces him won't be so dam tough.

Cons Commandos - Havoc 0 - 5

Havoc gets the walkover this week. But since the Carebears beat me he gets the dreaded fourth place. sorry bro..... i tryed

Divison Standings

-------Team------------Played--------------Goals------------Points

1. Monkey of Doom--------14---------------39 - 9-------------36

2. pegasus----------------14---------------43 - 16------------29

3. Carebears--------------14---------------30 - 18------------26

4. Havoc------------------14---------------31 - 28------------25

5. Maniacal Misfitz---------14---------------31 - 22------------19

6. The Family Jewels-------14---------------25 - 26------------14

7. Pie Eaters---------------14---------------27 - 37------------12

8. Cons Commandos---------14--------------0 - 70--------------0

There ya have it. I landed right where i thought i would. Overall not a bad first seasons in divsion IV. I did draw one of the toughest divison IV's out there and its only gonna get worse next season probally. Today our series average NSI was 89.3 not counting the bot game. Thats with me and Pegasus picing... and im pretty sure the Pie Eaters played they're worst game of the season. Hopfully a couple real weakling divsion V teams will auto-promote to my divison next season and give me a couple easy wins We'll see.......

Upnext, This weeks FOFC Cup Game
Old 06-07-2004, 01:41 AM   #136
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Good luck on the qualifier next week. And quit blowing that fluff around about your super high NSI not including walkovers. That high spirit from walkovers that improves all of your ratings doesn't grow on trees, ya know

SI

Old 06-10-2004, 12:37 AM   #137
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - FOFC Cup - Final Four

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Bees

Well dam... im still in it! somehow I think its safe to say the main reason im still in the FOFC Cup has been my home-field advantage. Not that my back-ups are bad or anything. They're actually pretty good, but usually at this stage in the FOFC cup alot of teams start throwing starters out there. Im guilty of it myself, last season i played a couple during the FOFC Cup. No real important players, but starters nevertheless. But this season is a different story, my divison is very tough and i just can't risk any injuries. But i've made it this far and i stll have a decent shot at pulling out a win today. It all depends on the Bees line-up really..... if he puts a couple of his 4 - 4.5 star starters in im probally screwed. If not then it should be a nice game! Either way im happy i made it this far.... next season i think i'll have more of a shot at winning the whole thing because my back-up middy's will be better then alot of teams starters by then

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Right Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)

Right Winger - Benton Minter (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Joaquim Neiva (Offense)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Karl Leitner (Defensive)
Left Winger - Imboon Prakardsakda (Towards The Middle)

Forward 1 - Bill Wright
Forward 2 - Abel Cano

Full B-team out there today, form is below average like usual for the B-team. Its not terrible, but it certainly could be better. The defense and offense look ok, but the midfield worries me. The only one with above passable form is Percey Mortan and he's Mr. Crap Stamina At least im at home.....

The Match

1726 spectators had come to The Island of Misfit Toyz this cloudy day. Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Landowski - ben Aharon, Milas, Nairn - Minter, Neiva, Morton, Leitner, Prakardsakda - Cano, Wright.

Bees tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Burroughs - Sandborn, Keller, Sherwood - Rocard, van den Wildenbe, Stokman, Barad, Derriennic - Martinov, Liedwald.

Bill Wright gave his Maniacal the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post.

The referee showed Beess Artur Martinov the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

The visitors equaliser seemed sure to come in the 30:th minute, following a one on one situation, but Marcin Landowski got the best of it, blocking the shot.

The referee showed Maniacals Omar Nairn the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

After 41 minutes Maniacal´s Benton Minter contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game.

Joaquim Neiva received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 44:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score.

In the 44:th minute Beess Zachary Keller received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

The Maniacal player was Abel Cano who had to be helped off the pitch, unable to finish the game, but Hugo Leth came in to finish the match.

The visitors almost came back with an equaliser in the 45:th minute after a good combination down the middle, but as Andreas Liedwald was to put closure on the raid he couldn´t deliver a shot hard enough to seriously challenge the keeper.

1 - 0 was the half-time score. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

64 minutes into the game Bees´s Perry Stokman found a gap in the home sides central defense scoring to make it 1 - 1.

In the 67:th minute Beess Robert van den Wildenberg received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

The terraces were silenced in the 74:th minute as Bees´s Yan Barad put the guests ahead 1 - 2, following an attack from the right.

Joaquim Neiva was just a finger´s breadth away from an equaliser for Maniacal, but Derrick Burroughs managed to ward the closing shot off for a corner.

Bees held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

Most important Maniacal player was Hugo Leth. Imboon Prakardsakda on the other hand, had a terrible day.
Bees´s best player was Artur Martinov. Ruben Sherwood was a disappointment, however.

The match ends 1 - 2

Goals

Bill Wright - 1

Player Ratings

3.0 - Marcin Landowski

3.0 - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)
3.0 - Jerko Milas
3.0 - Omar Nairn (Defensive)

3.5 - Joaquim Neiva (Offense)
3.0 - Percy Morton

2.5 - Bill Wright
2.5 - Abel Can

31.5 Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz

NSI - 71

Bees

Left Side Attack: world class - (13)

NSI - 80

Post Game Comments

Yeah... i knew it. I wasn't at home to watch todays game because i had to work late. But i was pretty sure i was gonna lose this game so i wouldn't be missing much.. My B-team went up against two 2.5 million dollar players and lost 1 forward and 1 badass winger. Those 2 combined did me in. We kept the game close, but once our second half stamina kicked in we were finished. Overall im very pleased with our FOFC cup run, the best part was getting to play DK and his Screamin Seaman twice His old (and still the best) dynasty report got me into Hattrick and we finally got to play a couple friendly's(and i won them both ). Next week will be the first time i get to play a game on wednesday without it being part of the USA or FOFC Cup since week 16 last season!

Congratz to the Bees on todays win and good luck next week in the finals!

Upnext, this weeks training and form update
Old 06-10-2004, 02:53 AM   #138
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Bill Wright can only do so much. Gotta get some help...

SI

Old 06-10-2004, 03:45 PM   #139
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Bill Wright can only do so much. Gotta get some help...

SI

i swear he scores everytime he plays....
Old 06-10-2004, 05:07 PM   #140
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i swear he scores everytime he plays....

Yeah, shame he doesn't have higher ratings. I have a guy like that, too, who scores a ton of goals for my B team. He just has a knack for it. Unfortunately he's pass/pass and that just won't do for a striker of mine.

SI

Old 06-11-2004, 12:09 AM   #141
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form update

No playmaking pops this week and none were really expected.... i could see as many as 3 next week. But more then likely 2.

Form

Its really been a tough year for the Misfitz form, slowly over the last 4 weeks or so we've been getting better. VERY slowly.... but this week was probally one of our best all season. Thats not saying a whole lot, but i'll freaking take it +5/-3

Defense - +1/-1 - The defense breaks even this week.... the big news is that my second best defender 'Omar Narin' is FINALLY back to passable form. Last time he was in passable form was my first USA cup game this season.... so its been awhile!

Midfielders/Wingers - +4/-1 - Can't complain there!!! well... ok i'll complain a little the MAIN middy that im waiting on for a form increase 'Joaquim Neiva' remained in weak form... But besides that... i had a nice week. A couple wingers jumped a level and my top defensive middy is finally back to passable form. We're gonna be tough to beat on sunday.

Forwards - +0/-1 - Forwards had a tough week. All four of my forwards dropped in value, but thankfully only one guy drop a level..... Mr. Bill "All i do is score goals" Wright.

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 422 762 US$ (+14,476)
Total squad value: 8 878 000 US$ (+304,000)

Old 06-12-2004, 07:27 PM   #142
Havok
College Starter

Dave Huffman (34720475)
A sympathetic guy who is calm and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 73 000 US$
Wage: 880 US$/week

Stamina: poor Goaltending: weak
Playmaking: disastrous Passing: disastrous
Winger: disastrous Defending: disastrous
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: disastrous

Last pull of the season is fired!

Economic Update

ash funds: 122 603 US$ (131 807) US$
Supporter Club: 1844 members
Supporters: satisfied

This week

Revenue-------------------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0-------------------------------------Arena 27 080
Sponsors 100 980----------------------------Wages 48 516
Financial 0-----------------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 55 320----------------------------Temporary 2 000
----------------------------------------------Staff 49 500
----------------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 156 300 Total expenses 147 096
Expected income/loss 9 204

I should make a very nice profit this week, im already up 10k since we got our supporter money for the season. Plus i get my home qualifier on sunday. Im hoping for a sell-out but since i've lost my last 2 games my supporters arn't really in the best mood. After all is said and done this season, im hoping to go into next season with at around 300k.... and i have absolutley nothing to spend it on, like future coaches or arnea upgrades. All that is taken care of for awhile..... so i can start saving up for my big defensive overhaul next season. And maybe even a nice pure offensive winger if i get a few good youth pulls!! (yeah right )

This Weeks Game

Waycross City
Tactic: Attack on wings
Tactic skill: excellent

Central Defence: solid - (7)

NSI - 71

BIG qualifier on sunday!!! Thats about the ratings im expecting with a MOTS from this guy..... Waycross has a nice young midfield, they seem to be around outstanding/outstanding/magnifcent judging from they're assesed values. But besides the midfield they don't have much else. I should have no problem crushing these guys at home, and to be honest i'll be doing them a favor. They want no part of IV.41 next season. They'd be lucky to win 1 game all season. Unless i get a couple guys red carded, the Misfitz will be in divison IV.41 for another season!

Upnext, The Qauilfier!!!
Old 06-12-2004, 09:28 PM   #143
Desnudo
Coordinator

"so i can start saving up for my big defensive overhaul next season."

Do tell.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:37 PM   #144
Tellistto
College Prospect

Good luck in the crushing of your qualy opponent. I already did all my shopping for next season, back into debt after selling my formidable keeper. Here's to next season!

Tell
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 12:28 PM   #145
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
"so i can start saving up for my big defensive overhaul next season."

Do tell.

Well....as part of my 'Big Plan', my defense gets a big upgrade next season. I'll be selling a Magnifcent PM'er with passable passing around week 9. He should sell for about 4 million or so (around 3.6 mil after Fees). Add that with all my Cup/league games money and it should be around 5 million(more if i get some good youth pulls).

I either want 2 brilliant defenders.... or 1 Magnifcent defender and 1 outstanding defender when the season is over.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:23 PM   #146
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - Demotion Game - Round 15

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Waycross City

My first ever demotion game!! In fact... its the first time i've ever finished lower then second place in my divison. Its probally gonna take an act of god for me to lose today. Im just WAY WAY better then the team im playing, my B-team could win this game probally. Waycross has a nice young midfield that could be dangerous in a season or 2, but they have nothing else. Just your basic solid-excellent ratings.

One more note..... being the rocket scientist that i am. When i upgrade my stadium 2 weeks ago i did it exactly one day late!!! My stadium won't be done until tonights update so i'll only have a 42k seater for this game Thats the second time i've done that in less then a season..... i am an idoit.

Starters

Right Wingback - Joseph MacKindlay (Defensive)

Inner Midfielder 1 - Iver Dyrberg (Normal<---- i screwed up)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Torbjörn Jonasson (defensive)
Left Winger - Benton Minter (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Maik Waldner
Forward 2 - Hugo Leth

As if what i did with my arena wasn't bad enough.... i forgot to play Iver offensive today so my central attack is gonna suffer some But i seriously doubt it will be a problem.

Im doing something today that i haven't done all season in a competitive match....... playing 2 wingers OFFENSIVE!!!! Since EVERYONE in my divsion has a good midfield, i've been forced to play a winger TM every week. But since i'll have a big midfield advantage today anyway and Benton Minter is in good form i thought, "What The Hell!".

We might also see one of my best defensive preformances ever tonight. My defenders form is decent (passable/passable/inadquate) but my goalie remains in excellent form! The midfielders and forwards are playing with about average form, nothing special.... With my MOTS we should see some nice ratings!

The Match

42000 spectators arrived at The Island of Misfit Toyz, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Maniacal started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Geoffroy - MacKindlay, Milas, Nairn - Neiweiler, Miller, Jonasson, Dyrberg, Minter - Leth, Waldner.

Waycross started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Dubiela - Diaz, Bowie, Schwein - Pihlak, Williams, Silver, Rosen, Haywood - Thomas, Parham.

Andi Neiweiler of Maniacal received a yellow card in the 3rd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Many thought Hugo Leth ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 9:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Fryderyk Dubiela.

The referee showed Waycrosss Matthew Thomas the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 35:th by a breakthrough from Maik Waldner, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper.

In the 35:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Hugo Leth dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Maniacal.

The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 65 percent, dominated the battle.

Omar Nairn should probably have put his team up another goal in the 54:th minute, but some great goaltending by Fryderyk Dubiela kept the visitors in the game.

Maniacal put their lead ahead another goal as Huey Miller struck home the 3 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper.

Hugo Leth increased Maniacals lead to 4 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Maniacal lead up with 5 - 0. Hugo Leth finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. By then Hugo Leth was a three time scorer - a hat trick! The structure of the game started to change as Maniacal decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.

In the games 81st minute Waycross´s Clifton Rosen fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Clifton Rosen for taking a dive.

In the games 84:th minute Maniacal´s Huey Miller fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Huey Miller for taking a dive.

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Maniacal, with an impressive 68 percent possession of the ball.

Maniacal´s best player was Huey Miller. Omar Nairn on the other hand, had a terrible day. Waycross´s best player was David Williams. However, Oss Pihlak made a disastrous appearance.

The match ends 5 - 0

Goals

Hugo Leth - 3
Huey Miller - 1
Maik Waldner - 1

Player ratings

3.0 - Joseph MacKindlay (Defensive)
3.5 - Jerko Milas
3.0 - Omar Nairn (Defensive)

4.0 - Iver Dyrberg (Normal<---- i screwed up)
4.5 - Torbjörn Jonasson (defensive)
5.0 - Huey Miller

3.0 - Maik Waldner
4.0 - Hugo Leth

41 - Stars (New Record)

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz
Team Attitude: Match of the Season

Midfield: brilliant - (11)
Right Side Defence: magnificent - (12)

NSI - 93

Waycross City

Central Attack: solid - (7)

NSI - 65

Post Game Comments

That went just about how i figured it would. We just flat at overpowered them in all aspects of the game. I did them a favor today..... Waycross would have went 0 - 14 next season in divison IV.41. They need another season or 2 in Divison V. The only thing i didn't like about the game was my central attack. I had a bad form week for my forwards and to top it off i forgot to play Iver offensive. So i only ended up with a excellent central attack Not that it really mattered..... at least my wings attacks weren't effected.

So all the important games are over this seasons and with this win we get to stay in divison IV for another season yippie!! Overall i'd say this season was a success.... training went great and we won most the games we should have. Next season is gonna be even more brutal.... but i'll talk more about that later

Stars of the Game

Gold - Hugo Leth - Without a doubt Hugo gets the gold star. He notched his first hattrick since becoming a Misfit last month.

Silver - Huey Miller - Of course i had to fit Huey in here somewhere. He once again was the best Misfit on the field and also scored a goal.

Bronze - Torbjörn Jonasson - Tor is FINALLY back to passable form and got his first ever 4.5 star game today.

Around The Divison

The Family Jewels - vs - TESEA United 3 - 0

The only other quailfier in divison IV.41, The Family Jewels new found midfield and divine defense made short work of Tesea United. These guys are gonna be a pain in the ass next season.

Upnext, This weeks friendly game
Old 06-17-2004, 11:16 PM   #147
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - Friendly game - Round 16

Tarentum Witches - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

My first non USA or FOFC cup game on wednesday since last season at this time! We'll be taking on my former V.256 rival/friend Johnnyveigns and his Tarentum Witches. After i finally auto-promoted and got the hell out of his way, johnny had little trouble winning the V.256 title this season and auto-promoting to divison IV. The witches have been forward trainers for about 3 seasons now and always have a nice attack. Not quite what it was when i was in his divison because he switched to a defensive coach, but now they have a nice defense to go with a good attack. Anyway, since i had a quailifier im playing my full B-team today and since they didn't have a qualifier im expecting to face his full A-team. So i should get thumped pretty good today

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Right Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Defensive)

Right Wingback - James MacChoiter (Towards The Middle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Karl Leitner (Defensive)
Left Wingback - Imboon Prakardsakda (Towards The Middle)

Forward 1 - Bill Wright
Forward 2 - Abel Cano

Form for the B-team is kinda crappy right now, the defense is ok and so are the wingers. But my middies and forwards are below average. Since i played both my offensive wingers in my quailifer, im playing both my 'TM' wingers today. It should help my midfield out alittle, but with my terrible TS and bad form my midfield rating is DOOMED! anyway.

The Match

2608 spectators arrived at The Pentacle, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Witches started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Jitwiset - Mcintyre, Greco, Adolfsson - O'Rourke, Tuving, Knappe , Galiano Monzon - Whitaker, Wearn, Berends.

Maniacal started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Landowski - ben Aharon, Milas, Ferreira da Silv - MacChoiter, Neiva, Morton, Leitner, Prakardsakda - Cano, Wright.

Witches were very close to putting themselves one up in the 8:th minute as Henke Tuving got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide.

After 19 minutes Maniacal´s Jerko Milas contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game.

Witches created a good opportunity to score in the games 30:th minute when Matías Greco`s hooked ball created a scuffle in front of the goal, and the visitors defenders had a hard time clearing the ball.

31 minutes into the fray Bill Wright popped up from nowhere, stole the ball and scored.

Witchess Brain Wearn got himself booked after a foul.

The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Witches, with an impressive 60 percent possession of the ball.

Maniacal´s Jerko Milas received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 71st minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 2. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. By now Maniacal were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead.

Karl Leitner received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 72nd minute and almost caused an opponent to score.

A marvelous Witches effort to the right resulted in a 74:th minute goal by Brain Wearn, putting the score up to 1 - 2.

In the 78:th minute Witchess Andreas Adolfsson received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

Witches held the ball, with a clear 69 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Witches player was without a doubt George O'Rourke. However, Brain Wearn made a disastrous appearance. Maniacal´s best player was Joaquim Neiva. Imboon Prakardsakda on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 1 - 2

Goals

Bill Wright - 1
Jerko Milas - 1

Player Ratings

3.0 - Marcin Landowski

3.0 - Jerko Milas

3.5 - Karl Leitner (Defensive)
2.5 - Percy Morton
2.5 - Imboon Prakardsakda (Towards The Middle)

2.5 - Bill Wright
2.5 - Abel Cano

31.5 - Stars

Team Ratings

Tarentum Witches

Midfield: excellent (old) - (8)
Right Side Defence: formidable (old) - (9)
Central Defence: formidable (old) - (9)
Left Side Defence: brilliant (old) - (11)
Right Side Attack: inadequate (old) - (5)
Central Attack: excellent (old) - (8)
Left Side Attack: weak (old) - (4)

NSI - 70

Maniacal Misfitz

Midfield: inadequate (old) - (5)
Right Side Defence: excellent (old) - (8)
Central Defence: formidable (old) - (9)
Left Side Defence: formidable (old) - (9)
Right Side Attack: inadequate (old) - (5)
Central Attack: solid (old) - (7)
Left Side Attack: inadequate (old) - (5)

NSI - 59

Post Game Comments

Now thats just funny! Well.... i doubt johnny thinks its very funny but i do. I have no clue how i won that game.... i lost every match-up and lost the overall NSI by 11. Yet i still won 2-1..... just pure dumb luck really. I wish it wasn't wasted on a friendly! There were no injuries and we drew a decent crown so overall the game was a success. Anyway, that wraps up all my games for the season. Only my last training update on thursday and season 4 is done!!!! Next season is gonna be rough..... but we'll talk about that later

Upnext, This weeks training and form update[/size]
Old 06-19-2004, 05:08 PM   #148
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

Dam dam dam...... i was expecting as many as 3 PM bumps this week and i only got one The first week of next season should be nice though with 2 starters bumping.

Percy Morton (14689195)

A pleasant guy who is balanced and honest.
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Total Skill Index (TSI): 5 320 (532 000 US$)
Wage: 1 490 US$/week

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: brilliant Passing: weak
Winger: wretched Defending: weak
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: inadequate

One of my future starting middies..... Percy bumped right on time. Unfortunetly his stamina blows and it won't be starter worthy for at least 2 seasons.... probally more like 3. So he'll just have to be my super back-up

After week one next season, 5 out of my 6 trainee's will have brilliant or better playmaking.... nice

Form

Very average form week..... so good and some bad. Im just happy i broke even +6/-6

Defense - +4/-2 - 6 out of my total 7 defenders/goalie's moved. The bad news is my starting goalie lost 41k in value and dropped to solid form and my top defender is down to weak form. The good news is my other 2 starting defenders are now in solid form along with both of my back-ups.

Midfielders/Wingers - +2/-2 - Midfielders did fine.... 1 back-up gained a level and my starting defensive middy 'Torbjorn' is up to solid form. My wingers on the other hand had a terrible week. Both my starting wingers dropped a level in form

Forward - +0/-2 - oh man the offense is hurtin right now. As i said already my starting wingers lost form and just like last week every forward i have lost value this week. My starters are now at low inadequate form and passable. Thats got me worried with a week of stamina training coming up.

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 443 095 US$ (+20,333)
Total squad value: 9 305 000 US$ (+427,000)

Last edited by Havok : 06-19-2004 at 05:09 PM.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:46 PM   #149
Havok
College Starter

The Misfitz End of the Season Awards

Now that our first season in divison IV is over, its time to hand out the awards to the Misfitz who i felt contributed most to the overall success of the team. I'll give out 5 awards total.... 1 to the best Defender, Midfielder, Winger, Forward, and the overall MVP of the team. Leeeez go!

Defender Of The Year

Runner-Up - Ismael Ferreira da Silva - Honestly none of my dam defenders deserve either the 'Runner-up Award' or the 'Defender of the year award'. The've all played like crap all year long and just in the last 2 weeks are they finally starting to come around. But while Ismael might be the 'Least Skilled" defender i have. He did manage to play at a pretty high level for most of the season and started way more games then i thought he would. So for that he gets the Runner-up Award.

Winner - Joseph MacKindlay - For the second year in a row, old Joseph claims the prize. He's the best defender i have and even though he only played 1 game above passable form all season and was below passable for quite a bit of it aswell. He still played better then the rest of my defenders, so he takes home the "Misfitz Defender of the Year Award". Overall not a good year for our defenders.... thankfully our goalie did a pretty good job of holding the defense together.

Midfielder of the Year

Runner Up - Iver 'Mr. Franchise' Dyrberg - Iver was never suposed to be a starter this season and that was apart in my first few games this season when he played with the B-team. All i wanted out of him was to play as a 'Winger TM' in important league games and anchor my B-team. But it didn't work out like that. My top offensive middy 'Jaoquim Neiva' has been in crap form since mid-season and in that time Iver has really stepped up his play. His passable stamina has been a minor problem, but his constant passable/solid form has made up for it. So congratz to the 18 year old Iver for winning taking home the 'Runner-Up midfielder award'.

Winner - Huey Miller - As if there was any doubt....He's my highest valued player, my only player ever to get 5 stars in a game and easily the most important player on the field for us. Simply put, Huey is the man! He started of the season slow, but around mid-season his form jumped to solid and its been that way ever since. Most of my middy's form this season was just about as bad as my defender, Huey held them together like he did last season and wins my 'Midfielder of the year Award' for the second time in as many seasons!

Winger of the Year

Runner Up - James MacChoiter - While i only have 2 true offensive wingers and only 1 ever finds his way into the starting line-up. I do have 2 pretty decent 'TM' wingers and James MacChoiter is the best. He silently started in 7 league games and 5 cup games this season, and in those games only once was he below solid form. He's one of those guys that never gets any credit but is very important to the team. Especially in my divison where every little bit of midfield helps.

Winner - Andi Neiweiler - Another easy one here.... Andi is alot like Huey. Always in good form and gets the job done. He won this award last year and he easily wins it this year. His passable playmaking helps my midfield rating out and his good winger/passing always gives me my best attack rating on his side of the field. Andi is probally gonna be a Misfitz for life and one day, hopfully he'll be our coach aswell.

Forward of the Year

Runner Up - Hugo Leth - Its tough to give this to Hugo since he's only been on the team for 1 month, but he's just so dam good Since he's been with us, every other dam forward i have has been in bad form except him, even my top offensive middy's form has blown. So Hugo has basically been keeping my central attack respectable over the last month by himself. He's a shoe-in to win this award next season aswell as long as his form holds.

Winner - Maik Waldner - Maik really started the year off hot, but over the second half of the season he's cooled down considerably. But even still, he was our most productive forward all season scoring 7 league goals and 6 cup goals. Im not sure what the future holds for Maik.... but i've never regreted the 1.1 million i paid to get him here.

Misfitz Season 4 MVP

Huey Miller - As if there was any doubt.... anyone who reads this dynasty knows all i do after every league game is brag about Huey He was our MVP last season and now he's our MVP this season. Im gonna need him now more then ever to play at his best because next season in IV.41 is gonna be BRUTAL!!!

Thats it for the awards!!! Upnext, my final thoughts on season 4
Old 06-27-2004, 11:39 PM   #150
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 Over

There ya have it, my first season in divison IV and we survived. We finished exactly where i thought we would, 5th place ain't bad. Especially considering the Misfitz were the youngest team in the divison. We pretty much stuck with what works for us as a team and it paid off. No crazy tactics or radical changes were made, just straight up 3-5-2 soccer... our bread & butter. Next season is gonna be even crazier if you can believe it. The 2 teams coming up from divison V are both EXTREMELY solid 3-4-3 teams with defensive coaches. 'Think of fellow FOFC'er Panthers Team - The Tomahawks". And the team dropping down from III is very good aswell. We'll have a top 5 divison IV series next season easy. Its gonna be nuts!!

Youth Squad

It was about to be a tragic youth squad season once again, until we pulled Jeffrey Hagen in week 10. He sold for 533k and saved us.

Total Youth Pulls = 16

Total Pulls Fired = 9

Total Pulls Sold = 7

Youth Pull Sales = $660,000 - 5% (For Agent Fees) = $627,000

Youth Squad Costs = $340,000 (16 x 20k investment) + $32,000 (16 x 2,000 per youth pull) + $7,000 (1,000 x 7 list youth pulls for sale) = $379,000

Youth Squad Profit for the Season = +248,000

Like i said earlier, Jeffery saved us from a huge loss this season. So over the last 2 seasons combined i've made $472,482. Honestly that isn't very good. Im not 100% sure but i think now i've about broken even from my youth squad since i've started playing HT. Maybe im alittle ahead, but not much. All in all its been very depressing part of HT for me and then having guys in my divison get nice youth pulls this season and Havoc Daytrading his way to a much better midfield then he had last season, its gonna be tough to compete. But i have faith in my training program, so hopfully i can overcome these obstacles and still put on a heck of a good showing next season.

And that brings me to this, im pretty sure i won't be resurrecting my dynasty for my 5th HT season. Its been fun over the last 4 seasons but i think its getting kinda cramped in here with all the new HT dynasty's poping up this season Its not really that i don't have the time its just that i put a good 4-5 hours into this dynasty every week and im not sure that i'll get enough readers to justify it. I might change my mind over the next week or so, we'll see. It has been fun and a big thanks to everyone that stopped by... Masked, Duke, Havoc, ICE, Vex, DK, and everyone else who doesn't post but still reads. You guys made it all worth while!! you looked past my bad spelling and 8th grade writing skills