Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-23-2003, 12:22 PM   #101
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Well... it's moving day, so for Round 3, Kyle Smith will go "Aggressive"!!
Old 12-23-2003, 12:31 PM   #102
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Good luck with the move RPI-Fan. Incredible round from Gonzalez, from +1 to -6.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 12:32 PM   #103
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Jimmy Fuijita - 73: 67 (-4)
Jimmy, like Gonzalez played well on the front nine and continued his hot play on the back. His 33 on the front was followed by a birdie at 13 and 14. A bad approach on 16 placed Jimmy in a tough possition of needing to get up and down with a very testing down hill chip. The chip was hit about as well as it could be, but it didn't stop until it was 14 feet way. The putt was uphill, but it had a break of 4+ inches. The putt hit the edge of the hole but scooted past. On 17 Fuijita redeemed himself with a great tee ball and a solid putt for birdie. On 18 Fuijita was looking for a birdie opp, but his drive ended up in the rough and he decided not to chance it by going for the green in two. The 3rd shot to the green was solid, but it wasn't real birdie oppertunity putt, so he lagged up and made the second putt for par. Fuijita now joins Kelmay in the waiting game. They both sit at (- 4). If any of the 1 unders can go 4 under on the back (Gonzalez did remember) they will both miss the cut. Otherwise both make it.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 12:42 PM   #104
AnalBumCover
College Starter

w00t! Go Fuji!
Old 12-23-2003, 12:47 PM   #105
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Asking a player to shoot a 33 on the backside at Pebble when they HAVE too is asking a lot, but we'll see if any of our four players sitting at 1 under can do that and make the cut

Fad Braxton - 72:70 (- 2)
Braxton equalled the 35 he shot on the front, by getting a birdie at 17. No bogeys but one bird wasn't enough. Braxton gets an early start to the next tournament.

Last edited by Breeze : 12-23-2003 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:54 PM   #106
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Kevin Wayne - 71:73 (EVEN)
Wayne shoots one over on the backside. He bogey's 10 and pars out. Wayne was undone by his back nine on Thursday. He'll regroup and try again next week.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:58 PM   #107
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

It's Craptacular - 71:71 (-2)
Craptacular tried to get more aggressive on the back, but the end result was basically the same. He bogeyed 12 and 15 while birdieing 13, 14, and 18. Result 1 under. It's played better than his score indicated. He really didn't make a putt either day, and except when he tried to be more assertive on the backside Friday, was never in much trouble.

Last edited by Breeze : 12-23-2003 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:01 PM   #108
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Rob Nielsen - 74:68 (-2)
Nielsen's front side 33 gave him hopes of making the cut, a 35 on the back was good, but not good enough. Starting the tourney bogey, double bogey on Thursday really put Rob in a hole that he almost climbed out of.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:08 PM   #109
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

PEBBLE BEACH LEADERBOARD AND WEEKEND PARTICIPANTS

Stan Gunner - (-11)
Marshall Herd - (-10)
TE Almighty - (-10)
Brian Babson - (-10)
Ron Juckett - (-8)
Kyle Kappe III - (-8)
Sterling Silvers - (-7)
Kyle Smith - (-7)
David Gonzalez - (-6)
Shane Kormelink - (-6)
Duncan Baxter - (-5)
Alan Kelmay - (-4)
Jimmy Fuijita - (-4)

Last edited by Breeze : 12-23-2003 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:14 PM   #110
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

A quick note to all golfer that made the cut. The pen placements will be tougher on the weekend rounds. YMaking scoring more difficult. You may want to take that into consideration when you send in your styles.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:26 PM   #111
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Jimmy Fujita is going Aggressive once again.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:29 PM   #112
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Weekend Preview
by Jim Nance

The leaderboard currently looks like the big 4 and a bunch of guys that will need help to win the tournament. However, the pen placements on Thursday and Friday were pretty easy and the wind wasn't much of a factor. I don't expect to see many scores in the 60's over the next two days, and certainly few if any at or below 67. In fact, I would not be at all surprised to see some if not all of the leaders back up.

Of the players on the leaderboard right now, I can't honestly give an opinion on who will win, but I can tell you who probably won't. Babson, the boxer, isn't a very good putter, and even though he can hit the ball a long way, his approaches will be put to a much greater test over the next two days, and if he isn't particularly close he will struggle to two putt.

As for the golfers in the backgroud. The one I think has the greatest chance to make a charge is Sterling Silvers. He has had two good rounds already, and has appeared very solid to me.

Last edited by Breeze : 12-23-2003 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:43 PM   #113
The_herd
College Starter

Marshall Herd - Normal
Old 12-23-2003, 01:56 PM   #114
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Butcher: Damn you Nance, giving me no love. And what the hell are pen placements? What makes them more difficult? You speak like I know golf. I'm going back to figure out my upcoming title bout and prepare for rounds 3 and 4.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:58 PM   #115
The_herd
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Butcher: Damn you Nance, giving me no love. And what the hell are pen placements? What makes them more difficult? You speak like I know golf. I'm going back to figure out my upcoming title bout and prepare for rounds 3 and 4.

Pin placements are where the cup is on the green, they change each day for a tournament, usually saving the toughest positions for the weekend.
Old 12-23-2003, 02:06 PM   #116
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, that sort of clears it up. I'm still not sure whether toughest means furthest away from the hole, close to the edge of the green, or what though.
Old 12-23-2003, 02:09 PM   #117
The_herd
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Ok, that sort of clears it up. I'm still not sure whether toughest means furthest away from the hole, close to the edge of the green, or what though.

Toughest means back corner, close to nearby bunkers, or anything that would make you really have to think before attacking the pin with your shot.
Old 12-23-2003, 02:12 PM   #118
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Gotcha. Thanks Herd. Yep, should be good for humor's sake reading about Butcher's putting in the next couple of rounds.
Old 12-23-2003, 02:25 PM   #119
vtbub
College Starter

Ron Juckett- Normal

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 02:58 PM   #120
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Sterling's going to go slow and steady (normal) in the hope of a couple of the guys at the top falling off the perch. Then, if he's within striking distance the last day, maybe go aggressive.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 05:58 PM   #121
corbes
College Benchwarmer

That sound you heard was Fad Braxton slamming his trunk.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 09:03 PM   #122
Craptacular
College Starter

I am not Tiger Woods.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 09:19 PM   #123
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Good luck with the move RPI-Fan. Incredible round from Gonzalez, from +1 to -6.

I would agree. Surprised myself.

Breeze. you are doing an awesome job with this. Keep the write ups the way you are doing them. The suspense with the cut is great.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:25 PM   #124
kingfc22
Head Coach

Gonzalez is going normal for Rd. 3
Old 12-23-2003, 11:40 PM   #125
MrBug708
Head Coach

Kyle Kappe III

Aggressive
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 12:20 AM   #126
tucker342
Pro Starter

Well, that was a pretty crappy showing.....

hopefully I'll do better in the next tournament.....
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 07:54 AM   #127
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pairings for the 3rd Round

Group 1
Fuijita
Kelmay

Group 2
Baxter
Kormelink

Group 3
Gonzalez
Smith
Silvers

Group 4
Kappe III
Juckett
Babson

Group 5
Almighty
Herd
Gunner
Old 12-24-2003, 07:58 AM   #128
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quick note...since I'm going to do these in 3 hole intervals I'm changing the way the score will be displayed.

It will now work like this:

Player Name - (running score coming into the holes)
results write up...blah blah blah. Running Score exiting the holes
Old 12-24-2003, 08:01 AM   #129
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 1 : Holes 1-3

Jimmy Fuijita - (-4)
The first three holes for Jimmy were rather boring. Drive it in the fairway, hit it on the green and two putt. (-4)

Alan Kelmay - (-4)
Made a tough putt on 1 to save par, other than that it was on the green in regulation and 2 putts. (-4)
Old 12-24-2003, 08:28 AM   #130
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 1 : Holes 4-6

Jimmy Fuijita - (-4)
Hole 4 was birdied when a 15 foot putt was made. Number 5 was also birdied when the iron off the tee ended up within 10 feet. Number 6 wasn't quite reached in 2, but a nice chip left Jimmy with a short putt and his 3 consecutive birdie. Could Jimmy be making a move? (-7)

Alan Kelmay - (-4)
Kelmay again 2 putted for par on 4. The 7 iron approach at 5 was tight and the birdie putt was easily made. Kelmay was thinking about going for the par 5 6th in 2, but when his drive found the deep rough he decided against it, and ended up with a pretty easy par. (-5)

Group 2: Holes 1-3

Duncan Baxter - (-5)
Baxter's first two holes were uneventful. He never challenged for a birdie, but was never threatened with a bogey. On the 3rd hole, Baxter's drive went into the trees on the right - leaving him no shot at the green. He hit the ball back into the fairway without making much progress towards the hole. The 3rd shot was a little long and in the fringe on the back. 4th shot was not hit very well and he was left with an 9 foot, sidehill putt for bogey. The tricky putt was made and Baxter moved on to number 4. (-4)

Shane Kormelink - (-6)
The only excitement he was the second hole, Kormelink, who isn't particularly long or straight off the tee, busted his drive and was able to reach the par 5 in two with a 3 iron. The iron hit the green, but it didn't check up and it rolled to the back. Shane decided not to be overly aggressive with the putt, and he ended up having a pretty easy 3 footer for birdie. (-7)
Old 12-24-2003, 08:57 AM   #131
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 1 : Holes 7-9

Jimmy Fuijita - (-7)
Jimmy got a par on 7, but a bad iron approach on 8 gave back one of the strokes Jimmy earned earlier. Nine was played to par. Jimmy closed out the front 9 on day 3 at 2 under par. (-6)

Alan Kelmay - (-5)
7 was an easy par for Kelmay, but 8 was a different story. Kelmay's drive was not struck well and he ended up in the rough. Even though the hole is extremely tough from the fairway, Kelmay deciding he needed to make a move and be more aggressive. Kelmay pulled his 4 iron and took dead aim at the green. However, the 4 iron wasn't enough stick and the ball fell down the cliff. By the time the hole was over Kelmay had a double bogey and the tough 9th hole stairing him in the face. On the 9th hole the approach shot found the bunker short right, because the pen was tucked closely to that bunker, Kelmay had very little green to work with and failed to get up and down. Kelmay finishes the front nine 2 over par.(-2)

Group 2: Holes 4-6

Duncan Baxter - (-4)
Baxters bad 3rd hole seemed to carry over to the 5th. The drive ened in the rough. Second shot caught a flier getting out and the ball flew into the spectators behind the green. A bad lie led to a poor chip and then 2 putts later and Baxter had another bogey. Baxter, who appeared to be losing interest, managed to par the next 2 holes, but he didn't seem as sharp as he was earlier in the tournament. (-3)

Shane Kormelink - (-7)
The 4th and 5th were solid pars. The 6th required a little scrambling. A short drive followed by a poor second shot that found the rough, forced Shane to hit a tough iron approach which ended on the fringe, a good chip and good putt saved par.(-7)

Group 3: Holes 1-3

David Gonzalez - (-6)
David who was red-hot Friday shooting a 65, started off the weekend in the same fashion. A big drive on 1 followed by a great iron shot left only a 6 foot putt for birdie, which was made. The second hole was another big drive. The green was reached in 2 and the eagle putt was lipped out, but the birdie tap in put Gonzalez at 2 under on the first two holes. Unfortunately, his drive on the 3rd hole drew a little more right than he wanted and his approach shot was blocked by the trees. He attempted to hook the ball around the tree, and was successful, but the ball was hot and the green didn't hold the ball. The ball came to rest in the back right bunker, and Gonzalez didn't get up and down.(-7)

Kyle Smith - (-7)
Smith started off par par and seemed to be striking the ball well, but a bad drive at 3 eventually led to a tough 2 putt bogey. (-6)

Sterling Silvers - (-7)
Silvers was predicted as one of the golfers capable of making a move on the leaders, and he started off showing why that was the case. He missed a 10 foot birdie putt on one, followed that up by reaching the par 5 2nd in two and nearly making eagle. Number 3, which proved very tough to his playing partners was no problem for Silvers. His approach ended up only 4 feet from the hole and when the putt was made, Silvers had pick up 2 strokes in the first 3 holes. (-9)

Last edited by Breeze : 12-24-2003 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:07 AM   #132
vtbub
College Starter

If Gonzalez failed to get up and down on 3, shouldn't he be 7 under?

Old 12-24-2003, 09:38 AM   #133
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 1 : Holes 10-12

Jimmy Fuijita - (-6)
The drive at 10 was in the rough, the approach shot didn't hit the green and Jimmy didn't get up and down (bogey). Number 11 was also bogeyed, but because the approach shot was arrant. 12 was played to par. (-4)

Alan Kelmay - (-2)
3 putts on the 10 ended up giving Kelmay a bogey and putting him 4 over on his last 3 holes. He regrouped to par the 11th, but then the iron approach at 12 landed in the bunker and the sand save wasn't executed.(EVEN)

Group 2: Holes 7-9

Duncan Baxter - (-4)
Duncan, who dropped 2 strokes in the first 4 holes was starting to hear about if from the fans. He managed a tough par on 7, when he left himself a testy six foot comeback putt. Then the wheels came off. Duncan bogeyed 8 and 9 to give him a 4 over 40 on the front side. (-1)

Shane Kormelink - (-7)
On the 7th hole the wedge from the tee missed the green entirely, but his ability to scramble led to a nice chip and the 10 foot putt for par was made. 8 and 9 were both pars and Kormelink finished the frontside with a very solid 1 under par.(-7)

Group 3: Holes 4-6

David Gonzalez - (-7)
The redhot Gonzalez played textbook golf on 4 and 5 then his huge length allowed him to reach the par 5 6th in two, and 2 putts later he had another birdie and he was quickly climbing the leaderboad.(-8)

Kyle Smith - (-6)
Smith's bogey at 3 was followed by another at 4. However a great 3rd shot approach on 6 to within 10 feet and a great stroke on the tricky sidehill putt earned the stroke back. (-6)

Sterling Silvers - (-9)
The middle 3 holes on the frontside never really presented any opportunities for Silvers. A couple of the drives were in the fringe and hindered the approach shots, Forcing Sterling to lag up and tap in, rather than make a serious run at bird and risk a bogey. (-9)

Group 4: Holes 1-3

Kyle Kappe III - (-8)
Kappe hoping to make a move and challenge the 4 leaders was a little to aggressive on number one. The tee ball went way left when he came over the top. Eventually that bad shot led to a bogey. The drive at 2 was short and in the fringe, keeping Kappe from going for the green in two and forcing him to settle for par. 3 was a typical drive in the fairway, approach to the green and 2 putts.(-7)

Ron Juckett - (-8)
Juckett who is typically average with all his strokes seemed detemined to get the attention of the leaders early. He started off with a birdie putt that just slipped by the hole on 1. he reached the par 5 2nd in two despite the fact he isn't a particularly long player and made birdie. He then narrowly missed another birdie at 3, when his 13 foot putt was tracking the hole but came up about an inch short.(-9)

Brian Babson - (-10)
Babson the boxer with stone hands isn't known for his putting, and a missed 8 footer on number 1 cost him a birdie. The second shot at the par 5 2nd missed the green and Babson didn't get up and down so he had to settle for par. On number 3 the blade saved Butcher a stroke. He sank a 13 foot par putt to stay even for the first 3 holes. (-10)

Last edited by Breeze : 12-24-2003 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:40 AM   #134
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

vt,

Fixed it a few minutes ago. But thanks for double checking. Believe me it won't be the last error in the his dynasty.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:55 AM   #135
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Just wanted to mention how much I'm enjoying this.

Thanks Breeze!
~kyle
Old 12-24-2003, 10:14 AM   #136
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 1 : Holes 13-15

Jimmy Fuijita - (-4)
Number 14, Jimmy attempted to reach the green in two and ended up well short and in trouble. He did manage to scramble around for a bogey. (-3)

Alan Kelmay - (EVEN)
Kelmay who is coming off of a double at 8, bogey at 9, bogey at 10, par at 11 and bogey at 12 his a great tee ball on 13. Then is approach shot is the highlight of his round. The ball flies directly over the pen and lands about 8 feet from the hole. Then the ball spins back, bangs into the stick and drops in the hole for an Eagle 2. Number 14 and 15 are pared.(-2)

Group 2: Holes 10-12

Duncan Baxter - (-1)
Baxter coming off back to back bogeys at 8 and 9 continues to freefall with a double on 10 and a bogey at 11. These 4 holes were played 5 over and have put Duncan in a position where he'll be lucky to break 80. (+2)

Shane Kormelink - (-7)
A great drive and a great approach allowed Kormelink to sink a tough putt for birdie on the 10th hole. The 11th and 12th were both played to par..(-8)

Group 3: Holes 7-9

David Gonzalez - (-8)
Gonzalez was able to par both 7 and 9, but 8 was bogeyed. The approach on 8 didn't go in the bunker, but Gonzalez probably wished it had. Insted he was left with an ackward stance and an impossible shot to execute well. David closes out the front nine with a 35.(-7)

Kyle Smith - (-6)
Smith tried to build on his birdie at 6 but couldn't sink another birdie putt on 7 or 8. Both were tough but makeable. The 9th hole proved too tough as Smith gave anothe stroke back, and closed out the frontside with a disappointing 38..(-5)

Sterling Silvers - (-9)
Silvers round of bogey free golf came to an end on number 8. His ball found the trap and he didn't get up and down. The 9th hole also proved to be difficult. The approach shot ended up in the deep fringe around the green, but Silvers calmly handled the situation and salvage a par to close out his 9 with a 1 under par 35. (-8)

Group 4: Holes 4-6

Kyle Kappe III - (-7)
Kyle gets the stroke he dropped on 1 back on 6. His 3 shot to the green was tight and the birdie putt was banged home.(-8)

Ron Juckett - (-9)
Now on the leaderboard, Juckett adds to his climb by getting a great birdie at 4 when his 8 iron into the green backed up to about 10 feet.(-10)

Brian Babson - (-10)
Babson seemed to settle down on the middle holes. The tougher pen placements hindered his ability to get a good run a birdie but he did manage to two putt all 3 greens.(-10)

Group 5 : Holes 1-3

TE Almighty - (-10)
Almighty was angry with himself after the first two holes. He really felt that he could have done better on the relatively easy opening holes, but as it was he got par on both. The anger from the first 2 led to a huge drive at 3 and an easy birdie. (-11)

Marshall Herd - (-10)
Herd, another hot golfer coming in looked to get off to a big start. He just missed birdie at one. Reached the par 5 2nd in two and 2 putted for birdie then was forced to sink a 7 footer for par after his aggressive first putt went sailing past the hole. (-11)

Stan Gunner - (-11)
Your leader coming into the weekend backed up on the first hole. The easy first hole was bogeyed when Gunner hit a bad drive then his second shot wasn't much better. This bogey seemed to open the door for his playing partners. However, the thought that Gunner was going to back up was slammed shut on number 2. Gunner not only reached the par 5 in 2. His second shot cozyed up to the hole and the 5 foot put was made for eagle. Gunner then settle in with a solid par on 3. (-11)

Last edited by Breeze : 12-24-2003 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:25 AM   #137
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Uhoh... Jimmy Fujita is slipping....

Love the new format, by the way!
Old 12-24-2003, 10:35 AM   #138
pskov
Mascot

Baxter: This is a practice round, right?
pskov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:41 AM   #139
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 1 : Holes 16-18

Jimmy Fuijita - (-3)
This streaky player seemed to finally give in to the cold streak he was on. He bogeyed 16 and 17 and it took a great up and down to keep from getting a bogey at 18. He closed out his back 9 with a 41 and his round with a 3 over par 75 (-1)

Alan Kelmay - (-2)
Kelmay used the momentum from his eagle on 13 to carry him the rest of the way. He played par for the final 5 holes and shot a 36 on the back and closed his 3rd round with a 2 over 74.(-2)

Group 2: Holes 13-15

Duncan Baxter - (+2)
Baxter fighting to break 80 went par par par on the next 3 holes. If he can play the final 3 at par he'll shot a 79. (+2)

Shane Kormelink - (-8)
Pars the middle three holes, Only missed the fairway on 13, but his approach was close enough to allow for a no-sweat 2 putt par.(-8)

Group 3: Holes 10-12

David Gonzalez - (-7)
Gonzalez's approach at 10 was solid but it took him 3 putts to get the ball in the hole, so he gives a stroke back. 11 and 12 are pars.(-6)

Kyle Smith - (-5)
Smith gets a solid par at 10 and 11. On 12 he his a great ball to the green, but misses the 9 foot birdie putt and settles for par.(-5)

Sterling Silvers - (-8)
Silvers textbook play continues. Drives in the fairway, approaches on the green and 2 putts.(-8)

Group 4: Holes 7-9

Kyle Kappe III - (-8)
Kappe's attempt to stay under par on the front goes for naught, when he bogeys the 8th hole. His approach shot finds the bunker on the short side and when the ball was blasted out Kappe was left with a 16 footer for par. He ends the frontside with a 37..(-7)

Ron Juckett - (-10)
Juckett was 2 under heading into number 9 and was almost even leaving it. His 6 foot bogey putt rimmed the cup before falling in. He shoots 1 under 35 on the first 9.(-9)

Brian Babson - (-10)
Babson 's been all over the board for the first 6 holes, missing makeable birdie putts, making tough putts to save par. He's now heading into the toughest stretch on the course and his lack of putting ability became obvious here. He bogeys the par 3 7th when he 3 putts from 16 feet. Then he bogeys 9 on another 3 putts, this time from 24 feet.. Those two bogeys put him at 2 over for the front.(-8)

Group 5 : Holes 4-6

TE Almighty - (-11)
Co-leader at 4 hits a beautiful drive and approach then sinks an 8 foot birdie putt to take the outright lead. The next hole is a par, but the par 5 6th hole is bogeyed. Almighty's approach wasn't particularly good, and he ended up 3 putting from 30 feet. (-11)

Marshall Herd - (-11)
A Co-leader that didn't hold that title long. The 4th hole was bogeyed, but the 5th and 6th were pars. (-10)

Stan Gunner - (-11)
Gunner pars the 4tha nd 5th then he puts togther a great drive and a great 3 wood to be handy at the par 5 6th. His 3rd shot chip is great and the putt is made. Gunner again takes ole possession of the lead. (-12)

Old 12-24-2003, 10:56 AM   #140
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 2: Holes 16-18

Duncan Baxter - (+2)
The fight to break 80 takes a bad turn on 16 when he bogeyed. 17 was a par but 18 was also a bogey. Baxter closes out the 3rd round with an embarassing 81. (+4)

Shane Kormelink - (-8)
Shane was unable to close out the back nine under par. The stroke he gained at 10 was given back at 16 when his tee shot found the bunker and his approach out of the sand was poor.He finishes with a 71 for the day.(-7)

Group 3: Holes 13-15

David Gonzalez - (-6)
Gonzalez gets a stroke back on the 15th when he makes his putt from the fringe.(-7)

Kyle Smith - (-5)
Pars all 3 holes..(-5)

Sterling Silvers - (-8)
Silvers inches up the leaderboard some more with a birdie at 15.(-9)

Group 4: Holes 10-12

Kyle Kappe III - (-7)
Kappe continues to struggle bogeying both 10 and 12 and sneaking a slippery 8 footer in at 11 to save par.(-5)

Ron Juckett - (-9)
Pars all 3. In the short rough off the tee at 11, but it doesn't affect him.(-9)

Brian Babson - (-8)
Babson 's putting is still ab problem at 12, but it's the bunker that gets him at 10..(-6)

Group 5 : Holes 7-9

TE Almighty - (-11)
Trying to apply some pressure to his playing partners, Almighty goes birdie, par, birdie to finish the front side at 3 under 33. (-13)

Marshall Herd - (-10)
Stays in the hunt by getting a birdie at 8. Herd shoots 35 on the front. (-11)

Stan Gunner - (-12)
Gunner displays his iron will on the last 3 holes of the side. Rather than flinching when Almighty put on his show, Gunner equals him - going par, birdie, birdie and finishing the front nine with an amazing 32. (-14)

Old 12-24-2003, 11:11 AM   #141
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 3: Holes 16-18

David Gonzalez - (-7)
Manages a par dispite the fact his drive landed in the fairway bunkers. Closes out his round with a bogey at 18. Finishes with a 72 stroke round leaving him at 6 under for the tournament.(-6)

Kyle Smith - (-5)
Birdies 16 with a great approach, Finishes with a 1 over 73(-6)

Sterling Silvers - (-9)
Silvers pars the last 3 holes and shoots 2 under for the day.(-9)

Group 4: Holes 13-15

Kyle Kappe III - (-5)
Kappe doubles number 14 to go 4 over on the back with 4 holes to play. He's in danger of shooting 80 as well.(-3)

Ron Juckett - (-9)
Par Par Par.(-9)

Brian Babson - (-6)
Settles down and pars 13 - 15.(-6)

Group 5 : Holes 10-12

TE Almighty - (-13)
Gets thru 10 then looking to make a move on 11 and 12 has to settle for par.. (-13)

Marshall Herd - (-11)
Can't make an aggressive play on any of these holes, because either tee balls are in the rough or approach is poor. (-11)

Stan Gunner - (-14)
Gunner can't open his lead as he goes par par par. (-14)

Last edited by Breeze : 12-24-2003 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:48 AM   #142
korme
Go Reds

Damn, I end the day with a bogey after a solid round of play and no mistakes. I will settle for my -7, but I am probably too far away to catch up.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 12:40 PM   #143
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 4: Holes 16-18

Kyle Kappe III - (-3)
Kappe bogeys 16 and fails to get a birdie on the last two holes, leaving
him with a 41 on the back and a 78 for the day.(-2
)

Ron Juckett - (-9)
Bogey, birdie par. Exciting by all in all it doesn't improve him or drop
him back. To be honest he was lucky to get the par at 18. Took a 14 foot
putt to do it.(-9)

Brian Babson - (-6)

Babson 's bogeys both 16 and 17. Going into 18 he has 6 bogeys and no
birdies. He destroys his drive, reaches the green in two and 2 putts for
birdie.(-5)

Group 5 : Holes 13-15
TE Almighty - (-13)

Birdies the 13th and pulls into a tie for the lead (unless Gunner makes his birdie putt), but turns right around and bogeys the 14th.(-13)

Marshall Herd - (-11)

Herd get a stroke on the 14th with a beautiful 3rd shot to within 10 feet. But like Almighty he give the stroke back on the next hole, but unlike Almighty he throws another on top for good measure. His drive went OB and forced a retee. Then he took 4 strokes to get into the cup. Double Bogey.(-10)

Stan Gunner - (-14)

Gunner does make his birdie putt on 13, and he makes one on 14 as well. Now he has opened his lead, and he is well on his way to a tremendous round.(-16)

Last edited by Breeze : 12-24-2003 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-24-2003, 12:48 PM   #144
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Group 5 : Holes 16-18
TE Almighty - (-13)
TE does the one thing he can't afford to do - he bogeys number 16 then doesn't pick up another stroke on 17 or 18. He finishes the back 9 with a disappointing 1 over and closes out his round with a 70.(-12)

Marshall Herd - (-10)

Herd now trails gunner by 6 strokes needs to get a birdie or two, but he goes PAR PAR PAR.(-10)

Stan Gunner - (-17)

Gunner decides to rub salt in a few wounds. He birdies number 17 with a great approach. (-18)
Old 12-24-2003, 01:43 PM   #145
vtbub
College Starter

Excellent read!

Old 12-24-2003, 02:07 PM   #146
kingfc22
Head Coach

Should Gunner be at -19. On the first three holes he started out at -11 and went bogey, eagle, par. You had him coming out of that still at -11 and not -12.

At this point in the tourney I'm just playing for points and money because there is NO way I'm catching the leader.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:18 AM   #147
kingfc22
Head Coach

dola

David Gonzalez will play normal for Rd. 4
Old 12-25-2003, 09:08 AM   #148
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Ouch. Jimmy Fujita gone crash and burn.

Round 4: Fujita will reflect on yesterday's collapse and just play Neutral.
Old 12-25-2003, 09:31 AM   #149
The_herd
College Starter

Marshall Herd - Normal
Old 12-25-2003, 10:17 AM   #150
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Kyle Smith - Conservative.