Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: what is going on at .400...
They are the greatest thing since sliced bread 2 1.96%
Their fine, just a little speed bump, this is all normal, everything will be great 49 48.04%
Their in trouble, they will be bankrupt within the year 17 16.67%
Their in trouble, but should be able to get things sorted out in time 34 33.33%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2003, 05:03 PM   #101
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by BoneGavel
dola,

oh, Wubba wubba wubba.

[Name The Source of that Quote #3]

Isn't that from Seasame Street? Maybe Cookie Monster?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:31 PM   #102
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
dola,

oh, Wubba wubba wubba.

Downtown Julie Brown, Club MTV
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:33 PM   #103
The_herd
College Starter

Quote:
dola,

oh, Wubba wubba wubba.

Fozzie from the Muppets.
The_herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:40 PM   #104
The_herd
College Starter

Dola

I actually think it was Grover from Seasame Street.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:42 PM   #105
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Nope, it was Downtown Julie Brown.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:54 PM   #106
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

The answer = Downtown Julie Brown.

Grover did sing that in a song about the Monster in the Mirror, but his quote has 4 Wubba's and DJB only did 3. Weak, maybe, but I plead the Vanilla Ice defense:

"Your Honor, Under Pressure goes 'dun dun dun... dun dun dun' and my song goes 'dun dun dun da da dun dun.' Werd to ya mutha!"

FWIW, I think he would have won the case until he Werd to ya mutha'd the judge.

Last edited by Bonegavel : 10-20-2003 at 05:56 PM.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:04 PM   #107
Dutch
"Dutch"

Couple of points.

1. I didn't realize that Joe and Arlie and all the folks at .400 studios had day jobs. So if they do, that's awesome, and reminds me of another company I know...Matrix Games.

2. Sending out that huge list of features and having that list misinterpreted by the entire community as "things left off" is another example of .400 studios not having the dedication (or the time) to check their work fully. I would think that crossing t's and dotting i's would be paramount to the success or failure of a programming company.

3. Are there going to be anymore .400 studios employees going to get an account here at the FOFC with their very own opinions that happen to be the exact same as every other member of .400 studios? Jus...checkin'.

4. And no matter who complains, kisses ass, agrees, or just offers logical unbiased opinions, the bottom line of success or failure rests with the .400 studios. And I am pulling for you, I am rooting for you, but now that you are in my playground (the FOFC) don't be alarmed if I (and anyone in this independently run forum) bust your chops from time to time. You can't ban us or lock us down here. But you can also rest assured that if you do the job right, the FOFC will be kind. We love this shit! Our opinions aren't company affiliated, they aren't edited for content by anyone, sometimes they are harsh, sometimes they are kind, and almost always, they are honest. You cannot intimidate us into being quiet here by calling us names or telling us to grow up.

Welcome to the FOFC, a Game Developers heaven or hell if he chooses to participate. Hell, we've even pounced on MV from time to time and he's the master.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 09:17 PM   #109
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I wait on any game nowdays, especially with the 'slider' infested games on the consoles.

I used to drive hours to get to a Egghead software store to get the latest FPS game, but I've learned over time it's best to wait.

No matter how bad I want FOF 2004, I will wait to read what most on here think of the game.... the same can be said of TPF. I waited on TDCB, and I'm glad I did. The game has been a blast to play, but I would have been ticked if I bought it at release.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 04:19 PM   #110
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
That's beautiful Dutch (wipes tear from eye).

It's a damned shame I had to give those nice folks a whuppin.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:25 PM   #111
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Dutch
It's a damned shame I had to give those nice folks a whuppin.

Is it just me or has there been a lot of spanking on the boards lately?
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 08:34 AM   #112
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bee
Is it just me or has there been a lot of spanking on the boards lately?

Damn! Did I leave my webcam on again?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:19 AM   #113
Arles
Grey Dog Software

OK, I just want to say a few things on this issue to make sure people understand where I (and .400 as a whole) are coming from. First, I don't think people should forget the TDCB release until we show that we can do it the right way. I wouldn't forget it if I was a gamer purchasing someone else's product, so I would expect others to feel the same way regarding any product by .400. In fact, I think the TDCB release has certainly made me change the way I do certain things. I think that in TPF I have been much more responsive to the BETA team and tried to really listen to their feedback.

Next, I have been a member on this forum for a long time (well before TDCB and even CAD). I know the level of skepticism on this board and feel the opinions of many on this board are one of the reasons I continue to hang out here from time to time. I think between the .400 board and this one, I can get a pretty good barometer on how people feel on certain decision/issues. Now, I think that my track record with this community (and others) over the past years has shown that I have absolutely no problem with constructive (and even non-constructive at times ) criticism. But, regardless of what I say in a thread like this, all I can do is rest on my actions.

Overall, I say be skeptical and don't take .400s word for anything. Check out the diaries, listen to the BETA testers, read press reports and try the game yourself. That's all we can ask for and, in the end, if most gamers take that stance I think .400 will be doing just fine.

Arlie

Last edited by Arles : 10-22-2003 at 10:20 AM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:19 AM   #114
QuikSand
lolzcat

Very well said, Dutch.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:26 AM   #115
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

...and very well said, Arlie, as well.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:30 AM   #116
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Dola--

You can tell Arlie is a long-timer over here. He knows how to handle the FOFCers. GREAT post Arlie.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:36 AM   #117
QuikSand
lolzcat

Very solid post, Arlie.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 12:38 PM   #118
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by SkyDog You can tell Arlie is a long-timer over here. He knows how to handle the FOFCers. GREAT post Arlie.

Agreed.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:48 PM   #119
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally posted by Arles
OK, I just want to say a few things on this issue to make sure people understand where I (and .400 as a whole) are coming from. First, I don't think people should forget the TDCB release until we show that we can do it the right way. I wouldn't forget it if I was a gamer purchasing someone else's product, so I would expect others to feel the same way regarding any product by .400. In fact, I think the TDCB release has certainly made me change the way I do certain things. I think that in TPF I have been much more responsive to the BETA team and tried to really listen to their feedback.

Next, I have been a member on this forum for a long time (well before TDCB and even CAD). I know the level of skepticism on this board and feel the opinions of many on this board are one of the reasons I continue to hang out here from time to time. I think between the .400 board and this one, I can get a pretty good barometer on how people feel on certain decision/issues. Now, I think that my track record with this community (and others) over the past years has shown that I have absolutely no problem with constructive (and even non-constructive at times ) criticism. But, regardless of what I say in a thread like this, all I can do is rest on my actions.

Overall, I say be skeptical and don't take .400s word for anything. Check out the diaries, listen to the BETA testers, read press reports and try the game yourself. That's all we can ask for and, in the end, if most gamers take that stance I think .400 will be doing just fine.

Arlie

Told you he was a good guy.