Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-03-2003, 03:25 PM   #101
Havok
College Starter

Training Update

No pops again this week but i have a few players that i know are getting close. Hopefully next week.

Form

Average week of form this week, the only real bad news is my starting goalie dropped another 12k in value. He's still inadequate but a low inadequate now. I need a good form week for him next week since im playing my biggest game of the season!!

2 Players Increased in Form (0 Starters)
1 Player Decreased in Form (0 Starters)

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 116 190 US$ (+1,142)
Total squad value: 2 440 000 US$ (+24,000)
Average age: 21
Current form (average): passable
Experience (average): wretched
No of players (excluding the coach): 21
Number of nationalities: 15

Neither went up much this week mainly because i sold a guy with a 130k value and replaced him with a 100k value guy. But still not a bad week. Josef Eder continues to break my "highest assesed value for a outfielder" every week. He's up to 244k now, should hit Excellent PM in a couple weeks.

This weeks Economic Update
Old 10-03-2003, 08:15 PM   #102
Havok
College Starter

Supporter Update

The Misfitz hit the 10 supporter mark yesterday when fellow FOFC'er "Sublime" and his Manchester Silver Bullets signed up as Misfitz supporters!!

1. JProElement (aka Sublime)
Supporter since: 2003-10-03 21:27:56
2. johnnyveigns
Supporter since: 2003-09-30 21:20:12
3. Drunson (aka damMikeBrown)
Supporter since: 2003-09-23 13:52:18
4. Desnudo
Supporter since: 2003-08-10 05:28:22
5. FofcGoldenEagle
Supporter since: 2003-08-02 06:25:21
6. terpkristin
Supporter since: 2003-06-07 01:10:33
7. NAIWF
Supporter since: 2003-04-21 23:56:52
8. RonnieDobbs
Supporter since: 2003-04-15 01:34:52
9. mckerney
Supporter since: 2003-04-10 05:45:24
10. The_Afoci
Supporter since: 2003-03-19 00:17:20

I wish i had 10 supporter slots so i could support all of you back. But since i can't i'll just stick to supporting the first five that supported me

Thanx again all!!!
Old 10-04-2003, 09:24 PM   #103
Havok
College Starter

Economic Update

No youth pull again, since i had moderate success last week waiting till sunday, i'll do it again

Cash funds: -32 388 US$ (-74 875) US$
Sponsors: high on life
Supporter Club: 1122 members
Supporters: high on life

This week

Revenue----------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0----------------------------Arena 14 720
Sponsors 59 850-----------------Wages 25 498
Financial 0-------------------------Interest 1 619
Temporary 0 ----------------------Temporary 0
---------------------------------------Staff 40 500
---------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 59 850------------Total expenses 102 337
Expected income/loss -42 487

Pretty good considering i just got a new coach for 280k and a new trainee for 142k. My home game next week should put me close to even.

This Weeks Game

I get to beat the crap out of another semi-new team. North Crowly hasn't bought a single player since taking over his team. But he does login regularly so maybe one day he'll improve his team. I'll of course be Picing again, thats now 7 straight league games with a PIC.

north crowley
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: wretched - (2)
Right Side Defence: solid - (7)
Central Defence: excellent - (8)
Left Side Defence: solid - (7)
Right Side Attack: poor - (3)
Central Attack: poor - (3)
Left Side Attack: weak - (4)

NSI - 38

His defense isn't horrible, but its mainly because he plays a 4-4-2 with a defensive coach. I'll be pulling one out of the Avengers playbook tommarrow. The FOFC favorite Run & Shoot! Well, almost. Both my wingbacks will be playing offensive but my CD won't. Since this divison will might come down to goal Diff. i need to score as much as possible.

Upnext, This weeks Youth Pull
Old 10-05-2003, 07:01 PM   #104
Havok
College Starter

Youth Pull

dam... back to my usual youth pulls........

Kenneth Okeefe (17061524)
18 years, passable form
A pleasant guy who is temperamental and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and disastrous leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 15 000 US$
Wage: 560 US$/week
Owner: Maniacal Misfitz
Warnings: (this information is not available while matches are in progress)

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: wretched
Winger: poor Defending: weak
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

Fired....
Old 10-05-2003, 10:08 PM   #105
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - League Game - Round 11

north crowley - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

Another easy PIC game today, but with a twist. I need goals.... lots of them! Im 2 goals back to the first place team and i have a tough game next week and the rest of his schedule is easy expect vs me to end the season. So i will play my first game running the Run & Shoot! Both my wingbacks will be playing offensive but i will keep my CD playing normal. His inadequate PM isn't enough to make me wanna play him offensive.

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Right Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Offensive)
Central Defender - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
Left Wingback - Emanuel Miller (Offensive)

Right Winger - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)
Inner Midfeilder 1 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Josef Eder (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Huey Miller
Left Winger - Benton Minter (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Abel Cano
Forward 2 - Bill Wright

Run and Shooting!!! Naftali ben Aharon was made for the Run and Shoot. His passable defending and passable winger skill, mixed with his passable experiance makes him ideal. But Emanuel isn't quite as good. He has passable defending, inadequate winger skill and no exp. But he should do O.K. since my competion today is pretty dam weak. My starters form is the same as last weak, i probally won't get a solid midfield today since im on the road PIC'ing with no IM towards the middle.

Players To Watch

Benton Minter - His first game with the starters in i don't no how long. He played great on wednesday wiith his first ever 3 star game. Im hoping he does it again today.

Marcin Landowski - Form/value continues to drop. Im praying for a form bump on thursday since its my biggest game of the season.

The Match

4765 spectators arrived at north crowley Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. crowley had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Wolfe - Cooke, Mosley, Fuentes, Meade - Kramer, Waddell, Madrigal, Ledesma - Gillis, Weiner.

Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Landowski - ben Aharon, Ferreira da Silv, Miller - Neiweiler, Miller, Noer Mogensen, Eder, Minter - Cano, Wright.

After 4 minutes Maniacal put themselves up by 0 - 1 as Ismael Ferreira da Silva finished off a strike from the left with a real cannon placed at the far post.

Jakob Noer Mogensen increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 2.

In the 33rd minute Maniacal put themselves up 0 - 3 after an attack from the right, caused by a defensive blunder. Scorer was Bill Wright.

The visitors Abel Cano took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 41st minute. 0 - 4 for Maniacal. By now Maniacal were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead.

Maniacal had, after 42 minutes of the game, worked the left side industriously, creating several opportunities to add to their lead, but somehow didn´t achieve closure.

Halftime score was 0 - 4. Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 79 percent, dominated the battle.

In the 52nd minute the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 5 as Abel Cano finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick.

The away team´s Abel Cano took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 76:th minute increasing Maniacal´s lead to 0 - 6. This third goal made a hat trick for Abel Cano.

Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 86:th minute Maniacal goal, making it 0 - 7. Naftali ben Aharon was noted down as the scorer.

The referee showed crowleys Nelson Weiner the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

Bill Wright increased Maniacal´s lead to 0 - 8 by a superb free kick strike, flying in just under the far top corner.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 89 percent possession rate.

The most dominating crowley player was without a doubt Bert Mosley. Nate Madrigal on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Maniacal player was Josef Eder. Emanuel Miller on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 0 - 8

Goals

Abel Cano - 3
Bill Wright - 2
Ismael Ferreira da Silva - 1
Jakob Noer Mogensen - 1
Naftali ben Aharon - 1

Player Ratings

GK - Marcin Landowski - **~

Right Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon - ***
Central Defender - Ismael Ferreira da Silva - ***
Left Wingback - Emanuel Miller - **

Right Winger - Andi Neiweiler - ***
Inner Midfeilder 1 - Jakob Noer Mogensen - ***
Inner Midfielder 2 - Josef Eder - ***~
Inner Midfielder 3 - Huey Miller - ***
Left Winger - Benton Minter - ***

Forward 1 - Abel Cano - **~
Forward 2 - Bill Wright - ***

Stars - 31.5

Team Ratings

north crowley
Right Side Defence: excellent - (8)
Left Side Defence: passable - (6)
Right Side Attack: poor - (3)
Central Attack: poor - (3)

Maniacal Misfitz
Midfield: passable - (6)
Right Side Defence: inadequate - (5)
Central Defence: passable - (6)
Right Side Attack: outstanding - (10)
Central Attack: excellent - (8)
Left Side Attack: outstanding - (10)

NSI - 63

Post Game Comments

Nice game, i picked up 2 goals on the first place team now and we are even in the goal Diff. This by far is my best offense game ever as expected. 13% better then any other according to supporter, the Run And Shoot as its uses No injuries or cards either, so i'll have all my starters for next weeks HUGE game vs the Witches. Abel Cano picked up another Hattrick, he's played in 5 league games this year and has 9 goals. Also, the outstanding/outstanding wing attacks were nice. Both sides accounted for 3 goals.

The Good

Abel Cano - 3 more goals for Abel.

Josef Eder - Another 3 1/2 star game for Josef. Excellent PM is close for him.

Benton Minter - Got another 3 stars today and pulled in a outstanding wing attack on his side!

The Bad

Marcin Landowski - 2 1/2 stars and is really starting to hurt my defensive ratings now.

Around The League

Witches - vs - Daverules FC 7 - 1

Easy PIC win for the Witches, They gotta come to my house next week. It will probally be the biggest game of the season in V.253. If i win i lock at least second place. It will also be my first MOTS is a LONG LONG time.

The Minnesota - vs - Final Fantasy 1 - 7

FF won bigger then i thought they would and i only gained 2 goals on them. They have an easy game next week but they are missing they're number 3 middy. So hopfully they won't score to much.

CristinaFC3 - vs - US Rangers 5 - 0

The first walkover in divison V.253 since i've been here. This is surprising since The Rangers are active. I think he just screwed up making his starting line-up. He ran a 3-1-2. Didn't matter really, he would have lost anyway.

League Standings

Team------------------------Played---------------Goals----------Points

1. Final Fantasy-------------11------------------47 - 10----------30

2. Maniacal Misfitz----------11------------------51 - 14----------27

3. Witches-------------------11------------------64 - 15----------25

4. CristinaFC3---------------11------------------32 - 26----------16

5. The Minnesota SnowD--11-----------------17 - 48-----------13

6. north crowley-------------11-----------------15 - 37-----------12

7. Daverules FC--------------11-----------------10 - 43------------6

8. US Rangers----------------11------------------4 - 47-------------1

The top 4 teams are set and the bottom 2 are all but set also.

Upnext, This weeks Friendly vs fellow FOFC'er Masked and his South Bay Saints!
Old 10-08-2003, 08:50 PM   #106
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - Friendly Game - Round 11

South Bay Saints - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

Today's friendly is vs fellow FOFC'er Masked and his South Bay Saints. Masked is one of the FOFC'ers that chat in IRC during games so it was only a matter of time before we got a friendly going. He isn't a Misfitz supporter (for some reason!!! ) but is still a cool guy nevertheless. He's currently in divsion IV and doing quite well there also. He's built a dam good team very fast and his B-team is no pushover either, Plus im on the road. So this should be a good game.

Starters

GK - Stanford Weiss

Right Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)
Central Defender - Omar Nairn
Left Wingback - Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby (Defensive)

Right Winger - Roy Hoekstra (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Viktor Tolstoy
Left Winger - Dolf de Bevere (offensive)

Forward 1 - Istvan Strobl
Forward 2 - Martin Devátý

Mostly B-teamer's here, Omar Narin is playing with the B-team this week since i benched him on sunday because i ran the Run and Shoot. Form wise everyone is doing great except Istvan who dropped back down to poor form last thursday. He is usually the Misfitz form dog anyway so it was no shock. Im also trying something a little different with Roy Hoekstra, i'll be playing him offensive instead of towards the middle. This will hurt my Midfield rating some, but i wanna see how many stars he can get offensive.

Players To Watch

Roy Hoekstra - Playing his first game for the Misfitz offensive. Hoping for 3 stars.

Istvan Strobl - lowest assesed value ever for Istvan as a Misfit. He should play 1 hell of a crappy game.

The Game

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 1615 to Complex Spikes Arena. Saints had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Lastra - Noel, Hyypiä, Kaurismäki - Pham, Vahtramäe, Laguna, Blakely, Montgomery - Freeman, Alberti Rovira.

Maniacal started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Weiss - ben Aharon, Nairn, Skogby - Hoekstra, Tolstoy, Neiva, Jonasson, de Bevere - Devátý, Strobl.

Saints immediately set off pressing their opponents.

Maniacal's Omar Nairn scored 0 - 1 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net.

After a fatal mistake from the away teams right side defense in the 15:th minute, an alert Eduard Alberti Rovira bagged the ball, evening the score to 1 - 1.

Saints had a weak ability to press their opponents, causing the game to be a bit of a stalemate at times.

Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 24:th minute goal by Eduard Alberti Rovira for Saints, putting them ahead 2 - 1.

The visitors didn´t give in and after 30 minutes Istvan Strobl got through the home sides central line of defense, rolling in the levelling goal to make it 2 - 2.

2 - 2 was the half-time score. Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 57 percent, dominated the battle.

A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 53rd minute allowed Istvan Strobl to score 2 - 3 for Maniacal.

The visitors Istvan Strobl took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 78:th minute. 2 - 4 for Maniacal. At that, Istvan Strobl was noted down for a hat trick.

After this Maniacal lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts.

Maniacal made a substitution in the 79:th minute. Dolf de Bevere limped off the field and was replaced by Benton Minter.

In the 80:th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 2 - 5 as Roy Hoekstra finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick.

The referee showed Maniacals Benton Minter the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

One of many good passes from Charles Montgomery at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Floyd Freeman, scoring for Saints to 3 - 5.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 74 percent possession rate.

Saints´s best player was Yki Hyypiä. Mikey Pham was a disappointment, however. Maniacal´s best player was Naftali ben Aharon. Istvan Strobl was a disappointment, however.

The match ends 3 - 5

Goals

Istvan Strobl - 3
Omar Narin - 1
Roy Hoekstra - 1

Player Ratings

GK - Stanford Weiss - **

Central Defender - Omar Nairn - **~
Left Wingback - Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby - **~

Right Winger - Roy Hoekstra - ***
Inner Midfielder 1 - Joaquim Neiva - ***
Inner Midfielder 2 - Torbjörn Jonasson - **~
Inner Midfielder 3 - Viktor Tolstoy - **~
Left Winger - Dolf de Bevere - *~ (Injured)

Forward 1 - Istvan Strobl - *~
Forward 2 - Martin Devátý - **~

Stars - 28

Team Ratings

South Bay Saints
Midfield: weak - (4)
Central Defence: solid - (7)
Right Side Attack: weak - (4)
Central Attack: passable - (6)
Left Side Attack: solid - (7)

NSI - 49

Maniacal Misfitz
Midfield: inadequate - (5)
Right Side Defence: passable - (6)
Right Side Attack: excellent - (8)

NSI - 56

Post Game Comments

Well, It was a good game until half time, but his middy trainee's
stamina is horrible so we dominated the second half. I also picked up my first injury in a really really long time. Dolf is at +2 but he is young and i have 2 doctors so he should be ready to play by next wednesday i hope. We had a couple pleasent surprises from our trainee's in this game. Joaquim Neiva got his first ever 3 star game. He's about 4 weeks from solid PM and is in solid form. Also, my newest trainee Torbjörn Jonasson picked up 2 1/2 stars with inadequate stamina and passable form. So i have a feeling he is very very close to solid PM. Hopfully 1-2 weeks away. If this is the case, then i should have no problem getting him to formidable PM by late next season.

The Good

Torbjörn Jonasson - 2 1/2 stars with inadequate stamina in his second game with the Misfitz. Solid PM can't be far away.

Joaquim Neiva - first ever 3 star game, the young brasilian is coming into his own

Roy Hoekstra - Roy grabed 3 stars playing offensive winger and i didn't lose to much in the midfield department. Playing him towards the middle might be a thing of the past.

The Bad

Istvan Strobl - Hard to say he was bad sicne he got a Hattrick but he did only get 1 1/2 stars.

Dolf de Bevere - got injured for 2 weeks. My first injury in god knows how long.

Upnext, This weeks training update
Old 10-08-2003, 09:04 PM   #107
Masked
College Starter

Good match. Considering how bad my teams stamina is I probably should not have tried the pressing strategy.

Now go win your league and get out of division 5!
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:05 PM   #108
Havok
College Starter

its a possiblity =)

got to win out and win a Quilifier vs a 5th place divison IV team probally

gonna be tough!
Old 10-09-2003, 09:45 PM   #109
Havok
College Starter

Training Update

EEEEXXXCCCEEELLLLEEEENNNTTTTT!!!!

Got my first ever excellent player Seems kinda hard to believe since im late into my second season, but switching training programs slowed me down some.

Huey Miller
111 000 US$, 18 years, excellent form
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities [Head]

Stamina: solid Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: excellent Passing: poor
Winger: wretched Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

I should have no problem getting him to outstanding late next season. I also had another pop this week, my B-team winger bumped to inadequate PM.

Benton Minter
62 000 US$, 19 years, excellent form
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities

Playmaking: inadequate Passing: poor
Winger: solid Defending: poor
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: weak

He also bumped to excellent form, so he'll probally play on sunday.

Form

It figures the update before the biggest game of the season, i have my worst form update in a long time. My starting goalie is now down to weak form and my defensive wingback who is ALWAYS in solid form, dropped to passable. My defensive ratings have taken a serious beating lately and now im playing the best offensive team in the divison. But on a better note, the 3 players that did bump in form this week, all bumped to excellent form.

3 Players Increased in Form (2 Starters)
6 Players Decreased in Form (3 Starters)

Player/Team Value

Value per player (average): 118 381 US$ (+2,191)
Total squad value: 2 486 000 US$ (+46,000)

Upnext, This weeks economic update
Old 10-09-2003, 10:03 PM   #110
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Nice to see your first excellent player. Everything seems to be coming together good for you now, but we are in the same spot, second. We both need somethings to go our way to get out of DV!
Old 10-10-2003, 12:13 AM   #111
Havok
College Starter

Actually, my chances of winning my divison aren't bad. If i win on sunday (which i'll be MOTSing at home) so i should win. Then i can PIC next week, then MOTS the current first place team at home and beat him (hopefully) to end the season. As long as my goal Diff. is better then his i should win the divison. But i'll have horrible TS after that and i'll probally get killed in my qulification match vs a 5th place divison IV team.

But the extra week of training will be sweet. Then hopfully i'll run the table next season and promote. But it won't be easy, I still have 1 very tough team to deal with in my divison, The Witches. If he would have spent his 1 million dollar's right from his big youth pull, he would be auto-promoting this year.

As for you, i think Cheesecake is probally the better team. He's had his team for much longer then you. He should auto-promote, then the divison is yours next season. Unless the Orcs upset him to end the season..... Good Luck!

Last edited by Havok : 10-10-2003 at 12:18 AM.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 07:28 PM   #112
Havok
College Starter

Youth Pull and Economic Update

Well, its time i stopped bitching about my youth squad. I finally got a good pull. To bad he's not 17

Pierre Marino (17394593)
18 years, passable form, healthy
A controversial person who is balanced and upright.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 152 000 US$
Wage: 1 280 US$/week
Warnings: 0

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: wretched
Winger: poor Defending: solid
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: poor

I have no clue what he'll sell for, im praying for around 150-200k. I might upgrade my stadium to 30-32k seats with the money. We'll see........

Economic Update

Cash funds: -71 874 US$ (-117 461) US$
Supporter Club: 1144 members

This week

Revenue------------------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0------------------------------------Arena 14 720
Sponsors 60 725-------------------------Wages 25 498
Financial 0---------------------------------Interest 3 594
Temporary 0-------------------------------Temporary 2 000
-----------------------------------------------Staff 40 500
------------------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 60 725---------------------Total expenses 106 312
Expected income/loss -45 587

117k in the hole, but i have a home game tommarrow which i know i'll sell out. So i should be about even after that. Plus the youth pull sale, so i'll be nowhere near debt after this week.

This Weeks League Game

This is by far the biggest game of my HT career. This week i take on the Current Second Place team The Witches. He got his team the same time i did and also has the best youth squad i've ever see. He's made well over 1.5 million this seaosn alone. Lucky for me he didn't spend his money very wisely. But overall he has a better squad then me. But my big advantage is Midfield.

Witches
Midfield: Passable - (6)
Right Side Defence: formidable - (9)
Left Side Defence: excellent - (8)
Right Side Attack: inadequate - (5)
Central Attack: outstanding - (10)
Left Side Attack: formidable - (9)

NSI - 67

This is what im expecting to see ratings wise. He will be MOTSing me so thats why im expecting a passable midfield for him. I'll be MOTSing aswell, so im expecting a Formidable midfield. Im hoping if i can dominate possession enough that i'll win. But its gonna be 1 hell of a game. I'll need all the support i can get on sunday. So stop by IRC game time tommarrow and support your Misfitz!!!!!!

Upnext, This weeks League Game
Old 10-12-2003, 09:43 PM   #113
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - League Game - Round 12

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Witches

This is what its all about folks! A battle of 2 of the best teams in the divison, and a very important battle at that. If i win here today, i have a good shot at winning my divison. If i lose or tie its all over and i'll get second or third place. The Witches are in the middle of a turn over in they're training program. They've sold off alot of they're better forwards and bought a bunch of 17 year old trainee's. But they're offense is still dangerous with a brilliant central attack.

He will also be MOTS'ing and so will i. I don't only need to win here today, i need to win by a few goals so Final Fantasy doesn't pull to far ahead of me in the Goal Difference department. He has a better offense and since my defense is in bad form, he also has a better defense. So my goal here today will be to completely dominate possession. Lets see what happens........

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Right Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)
Central Defender - Omar Nairn
Left Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)

Right Winger - Roy Hoekstra (Towards The Middle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Josef Eder (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
Left Winger - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Abel Cano
Forward 2 - Bill Wright

The time when i most needed my defense to play well, they have they're worst form in a long long time. My goalie is down to weak form and my back line is at passable/inadequate/passable. This might pose to be a problem. But besides them, all my other starters are about the same as usual.

Players To Watch

Huey Miller - Huey just hit Excellent PM on thursday and excellent form. I don't expect 3 1/2 stars out of him, but he should have his best game ever.

Marcin Landowski - Marcins weak form is killing my defense. Hopfully i'll still at least get a solid/solid/solid across the back. If not, it will be Marcin's Fault.

The Match

The crowd of 23000 turning up at Maniacal Misfitz Arena today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Landowski - Ferreira da Silv, Nairn, ben Aharon - Hoekstra, Miller, Noer Mogensen, Eder, Neiweiler - Cano, Wright.

Witches started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Quintanilla - Mutzel, Willox, Larrañaga - Hernandez, Tuver, Landbo, Skogsjö - Hallé, Thornton, Aldrich.

Ismael Ferreira da Silva showed great fighting spirit and didn´t seem to mind the rain at all.

Maniacal broke through to the left in the 19:th minute, Bill Wright firing at an acute angle giving the home side a 1 - 0 lead.

In the 19:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Jakob Noer Mogensen dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Maniacal.

Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Abel Cano squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 27:th minute, asserting the lead to 3 - 0. By now Maniacal were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead.

Witches´s Allan Quintanilla left the field after 36 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Stefan Wooten.

The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Maniacal, with an impressive 62 percent possession of the ball.

Patrik Tuver had a lethal looking free kick grazing the post in the 58:th minute.

In the 68:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Jakob Noer Mogensen dashed through, knocking home 4 - 0 for Maniacal.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Maniacal´s Roy Hoekstra putting the lead up to 5 - 0.

Jakob Noer Mogensen received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 74:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Witches´s Clifton Thornton got himself booked.

Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Bill Wright squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 82nd minute, asserting the lead to 6 - 0.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

Maniacal´s best player was Ismael Ferreira da Silva. However, Roy Hoekstra made a disastrous appearance.
Witches´s best player was Jan-Nikolaus Mutzel. Armando Hernandez on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 6 - 0

Goals

Bill Wright - 2
Jakob Noer Mogensen - 2
Abel Cano - 1
Roy Hoekstra - 1

Player Ratings

Right Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva - ***~
Central Defender - Omar Nairn - **~
Left Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon - ***

Right Winger - Roy Hoekstra - **~
Inner Midfielder 1 - Josef Eder - ***~
Inner Midfielder 2 - Jakob Noer Mogensen - ***
Inner Midfielder 3 - Huey Miller - ***
Left Winger - Andi Neiweiler - ***

Stars - 32

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz
Midfield: excellent - (8)
Right Side Attack: passable - (6)

NSI - 68

Witches
Right Side Attack: solid - (7)
Central Attack: brilliant - (11)
Left Side Attack: inadequate - (5)

NSI - 59

Post Game Comments

Holy Shit!!! What a game, My boys played amazing. I was expecting a close win, but this was a blow-out. He tryed a wierd tactic on me. I guess since he knew that my midfield was so dominate. He wanted to try and match it. So he played a not so good defender with inadequate PM as CD and played him offensive. This really hurt his defensive ratings and my offense capitalize on it big time. Im also shocked his midfield rating was only inadequate, i was expecting a passable since he MOTS'ed.

Anyway, lets talk about the guys who made this possible. First off, Ismael Ferreira da Silva dropped to passable form on thursday, but his 'Powerful" skill came in handy today in the rain and he played his best game ever by 11% and got his first ever 3 1/2 stars! My entire midfield played good as i got my first ever Excellent midfield rating!! I'm pretty sure it was close to Formidable since i MOTS'ed. All in all i couldn't be happier with the outcome. This seriously increases my chances of winning my divison.

The Good

Ismael Ferreira da Silva - His powerful skill helped him play the best game of his career.

Bill Wright - Scored 2 goals and played his best game ever!

Jakob Noer Mogensen - Jakob also knocked in 2 goals.

The Bad

Marcin Landowski - Just Marcin really, since his form is so bad.

Around The Divison

Final Fantasy - vs - Daverules FC 4 - 0

Very important game here for me. FF only got 4 goals so now im 2 goals ahead of him and he has the harder game next week. So if i beat them to end the season the divison is mine!

The Minnesota - vs - CristinaFC3 1 - 5

Not a very important game in the series. CristinaFC3 plays FF next week on the road. Hopfully FF won't win by very much.

US Rangers - vs - north crowley 0 - 1

Another meaningless game and quite boring aswell.

Leage Standings

Team-------------------------Played---------------Goals------------Points

1. Final Fantasy---------------12-----------------51 - 10------------33

2. Maniacal Misfitz------------12-----------------57 - 14-------------30

3. Witches----------------------12-----------------64 - 21------------25

4. CristinaFC3------------------12-----------------37 - 27------------19

5. north crowley----------------12-----------------16 - 37------------15

6. The Minnesota SnowD------12----------------18 - 53-------------13

7. Daverules FC-----------------12-----------------10 - 47-------------6

8. US Rangers--------------------12-----------------4 - 48--------------1

Now that i have a 2 goal lead on FF, i feel much more confident about winning the divison. Whether or not i win my Qulif. game thats a different story. But the extra week of training and extra money will be sssssoooooo worth it.

Upnext, This weeks Friendly
Old 10-15-2003, 09:17 PM   #114
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - Friendly Game - Round 12

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Manchester Silver Bullets

Today's friendly is vs the newest Misfitz supporter and fellow FOFC'er Sublime and his Manchester Silver Bullets. He's had his team now for about 3 months and his team is looking pretty good so far. Since i MOTS'ed on sunday my TS is in the crapper, so im not expecting much of a midfield here today. But sicne im at home i think i should still win.

Starters

GK - Stanford Weiss

Right Wingback - Emanuel Miller (Normal)
Central Defender - Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby
Left Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)

Right Winger - Dolf de Bevere (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Viktor Tolstoy

Forward 1 - Istvan Strobl
Forward 2 - Martin Devátý

My Back-ups form blows right now. Last thursday they took a serious hit. Espically my forwards, 1 is in weak form and the other is in inadequate. Plus my winger Dolf is in weak form and is "Bruised but Playing" since those evil South Bay Saints hurt him last wednesday. Mix that in with terrible team spirit and im expecting 1 hell of a bad game out of my back-ups. The only bright spot is Benton Minter is still in excellent form so he should be great on the wing.

Player To Watch

Benton Minter - Still in great form.

Joaquim Neiva - got his first ever 3 star game last week, and im hoping he does it again today.

The Match

1393 spectators had come to Maniacal Misfitz Arena this cloudy day. Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Weiss - Miller, Skogby, ben Aharon - de Bevere, Tolstoy, Neiva, Jonasson, Minter - Devátý, Strobl.

Manchester tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Frahm - Gale, Coffman, Bujan - Causse, Gaare, Curley, Muzard, Aspè - Kannabel, Sorolla.

Manchester strategy involved pressing and cutting off attack angles of their opponents from all over the field.

The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 5:th by a breakthrough from Istvan Strobl, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper.

At this time in the match, Manchester were using their poor skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents.

Joaquim Neiva increased Maniacals lead to 2 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. The structure of the game started to change as Maniacal decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.

Istvan Strobl should probably have put his team up another goal in the 36:th minute, but some great goaltending by Denis Frahm kept the visitors in the game.

The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 59 percent possession rate.

Always quick and a menace to his opponents,Dolf de Bevere was in the 59:th minute very close to getting through, but Lovro Bujan managed to avert the attack.

Lovro Bujan got left behind when Maniacal´s Dolf de Bevere made a sudden pull forward in the 70:th minute, finishing off with a swift strike. 3-0!

Istvan Strobl almost managed to score another goal for Maniacal, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie.

In the 77:th minute Maniacal´s Martin Devátý tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net.

Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 71 percent, dominated the battle.

Maniacal´s best player was Benton Minter. Istvan Strobl on the other hand, had a terrible day.
Manchester´s best player was Vincent Kannabel. Marcello Aspè on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 3 - 0

Goals

Istvan Strobl - 1
Joaquim Neiva - 1
Dolf de Bevere - 1

Player Ratings

GK - Stanford Weiss - **~

Right Wingback - Emanuel Miller - **
Central Defender - Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby - **~
Left Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon - ***

Right Winger - Dolf de Bevere - **
Inner Midfielder 1 - Joaquim Neiva - ***
Inner Midfielder 2 - Torbjörn Jonasson - **
Inner Midfielder 3 - Viktor Tolstoy - **~

Forward 1 - Istvan Strobl - *~
Forward 2 - Martin Devátý - **

Stars - 26

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz
Left Side Attack: excellent - (9)

NSI - 50

Manchester Silver Bullets
Midfield: poor - (3)
Central Attack: inadequate - (5)

NSI - 46

Post Game Comments

Good friendly, no injuries and we won. That 50 NSI is the lowest Misfitz NSI in a very long time, but it was expected. I think Sublime messed up and played his starters. I'm not sure what he trains or if he has any trainee's. But that was pretty much the same team he played on sunday. Anyway, We only won 3-0, but we also missed 3 scoring chances, not to surprising since my forwards are in crap form. But once again Dolf comes through, Even though Dolf de Bevere is in weak form and "Bruised but training", his quick skill still got 2 events and a goal. I swear... quick winger kick so much ass.

The Good

Joaquim Neiva - second straight 3 star game, he's getting close to solid PM.

Benton Minter - Benton's great form lead to him having another great game on the wing. He'll start on sunday if his form holds tommarrow.

Stanford Weiss - Got his first ever 2 1/2 star game in the net. He's really close to excellent form.

The Bad

Torbjörn Jonasson - my newest trainee dropped back down to 2 stars this game. He's still in passable form but im pretty sure its a very low passable form.

Istvan Strobl - Scored 1 goal, but missed 2 others. One day he'll get back above weak form.

Old 10-16-2003, 06:10 PM   #115
Sublime
High School JV

Yeah i forgot to change the rest of my lineup...I'm traning keeper so just basically switched him, and forgot the rest.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:24 PM   #116
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Nice win Havok. Youth Pulls be damned!
Old 10-16-2003, 08:49 PM   #117
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Sublime
Yeah i forgot to change the rest of my lineup...I'm traning keeper so just basically switched him, and forgot the rest.

ahhh that explains it. Then im even more glad that nobody got hurt on your side. Losing starters to injuries in friendlys can be a bitch.

Quote:
Oringinally posted by The Afoci
Nice win Havok. Youth Pulls be damned!

Thanx bro, it was much more of a blowout then i thought it would be. Hell i could have just played normal and won. Sitting his best defender and playing a back-up midfielder as an offensive CD really killed his defensive ratings. So i just scored at will.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:34 PM   #118
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

WOOT!!!!! All my starting middes are now excellent PM baby!!! Huey Miller bumped last week to excellent and this week.....

Josef Eder
275 000 US$, 20 years, solid form
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities [Powerful]

Playmaking: excellent Passing: passable
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: wretched

Josef is my number 1 middy.... he's got the highest assessed value of any outfielder on my team and he's just a straight up badass! But he is 20 (soon to be 21) so when he hits formidable about week 7-8 next season he will be sold.

Jakob Noer Mogensen
173 000 US$, 19 years, solid form
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities [Quick]

Playmaking: excellent Passing: weak
Winger: poor Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: inadequate

Jakob is a beast aswell, He was my first ever 3 1/2 star player like 3 weeks ago. But dropped in form and went back 3 stars. But today he bumped to Excellent PM and solid form. So sunday he'll get 3 1/2 stars easy. Im still not sure if im gonna sell him when he hits formidable or wait till he hits outstanding. All depends on what happens next season.

Im expecting a few more PM bumps soon. Next week should be nice also.

Form

After last weeks disappointing form update, This week was MUCH MUCH better. Actually, it was one of my best ones of all time. My starting goalie added about 18k in value and jumped up to inadequate form. Plus, Jakob bumped to solid form, Now my entire starting midfield has excellent PM and Solid/solid/excellent form!!!

6 Players increased in form (3 starters)
2 Players decreased in form (1 starter)

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 123 476 US$ (+5,095)
Total squad value: 2 593 000 US$ (+107,000)

Upnext, This weeks youth pull and economic update
Old 10-17-2003, 12:52 AM   #119
Masked
College Starter

Damn you got better middies than me now! Congrats on the great update.

As for when to sell them, I am in the same position. I am going to watch and see if the market rebounds next season for formidables. Unfortunately my two old guys (both 20) have crappy secondaries. Good thing you trained defense that first year and knew how to buy good trainees.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:12 AM   #120
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Masked
Damn you got better middies than me now! Congrats on the great update.

As for when to sell them, I am in the same position. I am going to watch and see if the market rebounds next season for formidables. Unfortunately my two old guys (both 20) have crappy secondaries. Good thing you trained defense that first year and knew how to buy good trainees.

Your right, that was the only good thing about me switching training programs. I had about 300k to spend on trainee's and i knew how to use the transfer market. So all but 1 of my 7 midfielders have good secondary's. Thank god they do since middies with crap secondary's are going for so dam cheap right now. Also... within the next week or 2 all of my back-ups should have solid PM. So things are going good for me at the moment

As for selling guys.... it all depends on where im at next season. If im still in divison V then i will probally only sell Josef and buy a formidable forward. Then sell Jakob as a 21 year old outstanding earlier the next season. Because, if i don't promote this season, my midfield will be some much better then everyone else's in my divison, i won't have to worry about upgrading other postions. I'll just overpower them with possession.

Now if i do promote to divison IV, then i might sell off a couple other guys next season to help upgrade the rest of my squad. The next few weeks are big big big for the Misfitz

If my midfielders stay in this good of form i probally won't have to MOTS my last game and kill my TS. So i'll have a better shot at winning my qualifaction game. Once again.... i've rambled on about my team!

Last edited by Havok : 10-17-2003 at 01:14 AM.
Old 10-18-2003, 07:41 PM   #121
Havok
College Starter

dam.... 3 sellable guys in 4 weeks. Hell has frozen over....

Paul Renteria (17616536)
17 years, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is calm and honest.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Assessed value: 32 000 US$
Wage: 640 US$/week

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: inadequate
Winger: poor Defending: poor
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: poor

Good personality and good forward specialty skill. Should get me around 30-40k i think. I'll take that....

Economic Update

Cash funds: 171 678 US$ (130 560) US$
Supporter Club: 1166 members

This week

Revenue-------------------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0--------------------------------------Arena 14 720
Sponsors 61 600---------------------------Wages 25 498
Financial 0------------------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0---------------------------------Temporary 2 000
-------------------------------------------------Staff 40 500
-------------------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 61 600----------------------Total expenses 102 718
Expected income/loss -41 118

I'll probally almost break even this after my youth pull sells.

This Weeks League Game

Easy league game this week, i take on Daverules FC. One of the newer teams. He's done almost nothing to improve his team since he's got it but he does login regularly.

Daverules FC
Left Side Defence: inadequate - (5)
Central Attack: weak - (4)

NSI - 38

I'll be picing of course but with my bad TS and being on the road i might only get a inadquate midfield rating. But that will still be plenty to kill these guys.

Upnext, This weeks league game
Old 10-19-2003, 01:28 PM   #122
Havok
College Starter

update

well, i've been looking for another defender for a long time now. Mainly because my starters have had such bad form over the last 5 weeks. I was looking for a older experianced solid defender for under 85k. Took me a couple weeks but i finally found one.....

Joseph MacKindlay (7876308)
30 years, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is calm and honest.
Has passable experience and poor leadership abilities.

Speciality: Quick

Nationality: India
Assessed value: 49 000 US$
Wage: 980 US$/week
Owner: SS.India Kickers
Warnings: 1

Stamina: poor Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: wretched Passing: inadequate
Winger: weak Defending: solid
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: passable

Paid 78k

I don't like the quick skill since it blows for defenders. But he still gets 3 stars in passable form and 3 1/2 stars in solid and excellent form. So we'll work for now. This will probally be the last "Solid" player i ever by except trainees. Its excellent and formidables from here on out!
Old 10-19-2003, 10:00 PM   #123
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - League Game - Round 13

Daverules FC - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

Today we take on another 1 of the 4 newer teams. The owner of DaverulesFC is quite active and logs in regularly. But he hasn't done hardly anything to improve his team yet and will be regulated at the end of the season. This should be a very easy win today. As long as i score about 3-4 goals i should still have a nice lead over Final Fantasy in goal Diff. He's playing a tougher game then me this week so he shouldn't score to much.

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Central Defender - Joseph MacKindlay
Left Wingback - Omar Nairn (Defensive)

Inner Midfieder 2 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
Inner Midfileder 3 - Huey Miller

Forward 1 - Abel Cano
Forward 2 - Bill Wright

After thursday's excellent form and training update. My starters are looking pretty good. Almost everyone is in passable or above form except my goalie (inadequate) and Omar Narin (inadequate). Even thought my midfield is in great form, don't expect to much out of them. I have irritated TS and i'll be Picing on the road. So i'll probally only get a inadequate midfeild. But that should be more then enough to beat these guys.

The major change in the line-up is Omar Narin is now playing defensive wingback and my newest player Joseph MacKindlay will take over at CD since he's got better form and experiance.

Players To Watch

Joseph MacKindlay - First game with the team today. Im expecting a nice 3 stars out of him at CD.

Abel Cano - This is the first time i've ever had him in solid form. Its a low solid form since his value only went up like 2k last update. But maybe he'll get me 3 stars.

Jakob Noer Mogensen - Jakob bumped to excellent PM and solid form on thursday. So im expecting 3 1/2 stars out of him today.

The Match

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 7446 at Snapple Stadium today. Daverules had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Cooper - Roche, Laws, Cuellar - Cohen, Leon, Ali, Benders, Vigil - Wilburn, Laird.

Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Landowski - ben Aharon, MacKindlay, Nairn - Neiweiler, Miller, Noer Mogensen, Eder, Minter - Cano, Wright.

It seemed as though Maniacal considered the game won aforehand which resulted in a very uninspired start of the game.

Jakob Noer Mogensen received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 14:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score.

The bicycle kick from Zebulon Vigil would have been the Goal of the Year, had it not hit the posts.

Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 24:th minute goal by Jorge Wilburn for Daverules, putting them ahead 1 - 0.

The referee showed Daveruless Paul Laws the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

The visitors didn´t give in and after 31 minutes Omar Nairn got through the home sides central line of defense, rolling in the levelling goal to make it 1 - 1.

In the 31st minute Daveruless Shawn Cohen received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

In the 34:th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Josef Eder put the ball away for 1 - 2.

1 - 2 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Maniacal, with an impressive 56 percent possession of the ball.

After 64 minutes of game time Benton Minter received an excellent opportunity to add to the visitors lead, clipping a volley hooked in from the right, but Preston Cooper was in the right place, tipping the ball to a corner.

The away team´s Bill Wright took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 72nd minute increasing Maniacal´s lead to 1 - 3.

Maniacal´s Abel Cano received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 75:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 1 - 4. The home crowd was not pleased with that one.

The game had been on for 79 minutes when Bill Wright broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Maniacal´s were up 1 - 5. By now Maniacal were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead.

A marvelous Daverules effort to the right resulted in a 81st minute goal by Robert Laird, putting the score up to 2 - 5.

Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 71 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Daverules player was Dan Roche. However, Jeroen Benders made a disastrous appearance. Most important Maniacal player was Josef Eder. Marcin Landowski on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 2 - 5

Goals

Bill Wright - 2
Abel Cano - 1
Josef Eder - 1
Omar Narin - 1

Player Ratings

Central Defender - Joseph MacKindlay - ***
Left Wingback - Omar Nairn - ***

Right Winger - Andi Neiweiler - ***
Inner Midfielder 1 - Josef Eder - ***~
Inner Midfieder 2 - Jakob Noer Mogensen - ***~
Inner Midfileder 3 - Huey Miller - ***

Stars - 33

Player Ratings

Daverules FC
Central Attack: inadequate - (5)

NSI - 42

Maniacal Misfitz
Right Side Attack: brilliant - (11)
Left Side Attack: formidable - (9)'

NSI - 57

Post Game Comments

Holy fucking shit! a poor Midfield rating!!! With 3 excellent middy's in great form!! Im not sure why i got overconfident in this game. Its the first time my teams ever gotten it. My teams confidence was only strong before the game. So.... Pic on the road..... Very bad TS..... and Overconfident got me a poor midfield. Crazy crazy shit. Anyway, lets find some good stuff in this game!!

Well, i won!! and i got my first ever "Brilliant Rating", Which is always good. My right wing attack is amazing when I play Naftali offensive. It doesn't hurt my defensive ratings to bad either. I still got passable on that side. I also got my most ever stars in one game today.... 33!!! The bad news is that i only gained 1 level of TS for picing today so im only at composed for next weeks big game. Im still not sure wheather im gonna MOTS or not. Depends on what happens on thursday's update.

The Good

Joseph MacKindlay - His first game with the team was nice getting 3 stars in passable form.

Bill Wright - Bill knocked in 2 more goals and tied Abel for the Misfitz league goals lead this season with 10.

Jakob Noer Mogensen - Jakob got 3 1/2 stars for the second time in his career.

The Bad

Over Confidence!!! - This fucking killed my midfield rating today. I hope it doesn't EVER happen again.

Around The League

north crowley - vs - The Minnesota 3 - 2

The battle for 5th place and North Crowly pulled it out in the 85th min. But who cares... they both suck anyway.

Witches - vs - US Rangers 5 - 0

The Witches got to beat the crap out of one of the newer teams today. Witches lock 3rd place with this win.

Final Fantasy - vs - CristinaFC3 2 - 0

The most important game of the week for me. And FF only won by 2 goals so im winning the goal diff. now. All i gotta do is win next week and the divison is MINE!!! MINE I SAY!!!!

League Standings

Team----------------------------Played-------------Goals-----------Points

1. Final Fantasy------------------13----------------53 - 10----------36

2. Maniacal Misfitz---------------13----------------62 - 16-----------33

3. Witches-------------------------13----------------69 - 21----------28

4. CristinaFC3---------------------13----------------37 - 29----------19

5. north crowley------------------13-----------------19 - 39---------18

6. The Minnesota SnowD-------13-----------------20 - 56----------13

7. Daverules FC-------------------13-----------------12 - 52----------6

8. US Rangers---------------------13------------------4 - 53-----------1

Looking good for the Misfitz!!! I can smell a divison title!

Upnext, This weeks friendly
Old 10-22-2003, 09:09 PM   #124
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - Friendly game - Round 13

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Airborne Penguins

Fellow FOFC'er TargetPratice and his EVIL divison II Airborne Penguins travel to sunny florida today to take on my unbeatable B-team! This will be the first game ever played in my newly renamed stadium!! "The Island of Misfit Toyz". Fortunetly for me (and my b-team) The Penguins b-team is out of form because of TP's great cup run!! So they haven't played in awhile. This should help level out the playing field some since his team is so much better then mine. Im not expecting a win here today, but hopfully we'll keep it close.

Starters

GK - Stanford Weiss

Central Defender 1 - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
Left Wingback - Emanuel Miller (Defensive)

Right Winger - Dolf de Bevere (Offensive)
Inenr Midfielder 3 - Viktor Tolstoy
Left Winger - Roy Hoekstra (Towards The Middle)

Forward 1 - Martin Devátý
Forward 2 - Istvan Strobl

B-teams form is OK right now. My forwards are horrible (inadequate/weak) and Dolf De Bevere is in weak form also. But everyone else is doing ok. My newest B-team member is Ismael Ferreira da Silva. Since i bought Joseph last week, i had to demote Ismael. He's a very very high passable defender (8 weeks of defender training) and he'll still start sometimes when in good form.

Players To Watch

Stanford Weiss - My back-up goalie stanford played awsome last week and got his first ever 2 1/2 star game. He's still in excellent form so im expecting the same this week.

The Match

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and The Island of Misfit Toyz saw a crowd turnout of 2425. Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Weiss - ben Aharon, Ferreira da Silv, Miller - de Bevere, Tolstoy, Neiva, Jonasson, Hoekstra - Devátý, Strobl.

Airborne had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Tellander - Salmon, Smith, Ventura - Brandbeck, Gil, van der Veen, Mayer, Herndon - Einarsson, Gonzalez Beilfus.

It was an obvious ambition of Airborne to attack on the flanks.

Maniacal created a good opportunity to score in the games 4:th minute when Martin Devátý`s hooked ball created a scuffle in front of the goal, and the visitors defenders had a hard time clearing the ball.

In the 20:th minute Airbornes Per Einarsson received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

Istvan Strobl gave his Maniacal the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post.

A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Airborne´s Manuel Gonzalez Beilfuss was able to shove the ball in. 1-1.

After the game, the most discussed event will be the penalty in the 40:th minute giving the visitors the lead with 1 - 2. Arron Ventura struck home the penalty, as cool as anything.

After a fatal mistake from the away teams right side defense in the 40:th minute, an alert Istvan Strobl bagged the ball, evening the score to 2 - 2.

In the 40:th minute Maniacals Ismael Ferreira da Silva received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Airborne were forced to a substitution as Manuel Gonzalez Beilfuss couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment.

Maniacals Viktor Tolstoy got himself booked after a foul.

The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 2. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Airborne, with an impressive 56 percent possession of the ball.

Martin Devátý gave his Maniacal the lead with 3 - 2, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Maniacal lead up with 4 - 2. Istvan Strobl finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. By then Istvan Strobl was a three time scorer - a hat trick!

In the 78:th minute Airbornes Jose Maria Gil received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

Gabriel Mayer tired completely after a while, but the team mates managed to cover for his mistakes.

Jose Maria Gil nearly reduced 82 minutes into the game, but a splendid one hand save by Stanford Weiss put a stop to the attempt coming in from the right flank.

Airborne held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Naftali ben Aharon. Istvan Strobl on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Airborne player was without a doubt Jose Maria Gil. However, Patrik Tellander made a disastrous appearance.

The match ends 4 - 2

Goals

Istvan Strobl - 3
Martin Devátý - 1

Player Ratings

2.5 Stanford Weiss

3.0 Naftali ben Aharon
2.5 Ismael Ferreira da Silva
2.5 Emanuel Miller

2.0 Dolf de Bevere
3.0 Joaquim Neiva
2.0 Torbjörn Jonasson
3.0 Viktor Tolstoy
2.5 Roy Hoekstra

2.0 Martin Devátý
1.5 Istvan Strobl

26.5 - Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz

NSI - 55

Airborne Penguins
Midfield: solid - (7)
Central Defence: inadequate - (5)

NSI - 59

Post Game Comments

I try to tell people that the Misfitz B-team is unbeatable, but they just don't listen Im actually slightly surprised we won this game. He won possession in each half and after i hurt is back-up forward, his badass outstanding forward came in!!! But the defense held well. Somehow Istvan Strobl scored a hat trick. This guy is the worst player on my team and is in crap form (weak) but stills scores in every dam friendly he plays in. The other good news is that Viktor Tolstoy got his first ever 3 star game today and he was playing in the extra IM spot. He should bump to solid PM next week.

The Good

Stanford Weiss - Played another awsome game and got me 2 1/2 stars. 2 % better then last sunday, this is about as good as he is gonna get.

Istvan Strobl - Scored the Misfitz 4th ever hattrick and his first with the team.

Viktor Tolstoy - had his first ever 3 stars game!

The Bad

Dolf de Bevere - his bad form (weak) lead to another 2 star game. Im hoping he pulls out of this slump soon.

Torbjörn Jonasson - only 2 stars again for the rookie. His drop to inadequate form last thursday hurt. Im still hoping he pops to solid PM tommarrow.

Old 10-22-2003, 10:17 PM   #125
Masked
College Starter

Bah, you aren't ready for div 4. Go straight to 2! Congrats on the win!

And the Penguins have lost a bit of their mystique...

Hey, that format for the stars seems familiar...

Last edited by Masked : 10-22-2003 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:25 PM   #126
Havok
College Starter

Quote:

whatever do you mean
Old 10-23-2003, 01:26 AM   #127
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Stealing formats for match reports is what hattrick is all about, isn't it?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 02:01 AM   #128
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
Stealing formats for match reports is what hattrick is all about, isn't it?

SI

The South Bay Hippopotami Saints think that stealing formats is wrong.

Old 10-23-2003, 09:32 PM   #129
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

2 more PM pops today and both were wingers if ya can believe it

Andi Neiweiler
218 000 US$, 26 years, solid form
Has wretched experience and passable leadership abilities

Stamina: solid Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: passable
Winger: solid Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

Andi is my number 1 winger and just a flat out badass. He also jumped to solid form today so he might play his best game ever on sunday.

Roy Hoekstra
128 000 US$, 19 years, inadequate form
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities [Powerful]

Playmaking: solid Passing: weak
Winger: passable Defending: weak
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

Roy is my "Winger Towards The Middle" and now he finally poped to solid PM. The bad news is he dropped inadequate form today also but since i'll need all the possession i can get on sunday, he'll probally still get the start.

Im expecting 2 or 3 more PM pops next thursday also.

Form

Form was ok this week, my starters broke even (1 up, 1 down) but my back-ups did well. Both my back-up forward have been struggling (poor and inadequate form) but they both gained a level today. The other good news is that my starting goalie went up about 7k in value so at least he's climbing his way back to passable form. So for the big game on sunday my starters form looks pretty good.

4 Players increased in form (1 starter)
1 Player decreased in form (1 starter)

Player/Team Value

Value per player (average): 128 952 US$ (+5,476)
Total squad value: 2 708 000 US$ (+115,000)

Josef Eder becomes the first Misfitz outfielder to have a assessed value over 300k.

Upnext, This weeks youth pull and economic update

Last edited by Havok : 10-23-2003 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:58 PM   #130
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The biggest thing I regret is not staying with playmaking. If I ever had to start over it would be there. I'm jealous of this home grown talent most of FOFC has. I feel like my team is getting left behind!

I may have a formidable, a couple of excellents, and a couple of solid scorers, but they're nothing when playmakers don't get them the ball!

I suppose that may be why I preach to Hulsey to stick with Playmaking no matter what.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:02 AM   #131
Havok
College Starter

I agree 100% AE.... i started out with defender training and i hated it. To dam slow and not enough impact. Since i've switched to PM training im loving life. Im glad you got Hulsey into PM training, he will be dominating that divison in no time.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:16 AM   #132
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I just hope he's got the patience. He came home from work yesterday excited about the training update. I warned him it would most likely be just form changes.

His D6 will be weak, hopefully he doesn't get a real team down there with the demotion of a D5 team.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:17 PM   #133
Havok
College Starter

Another sellable youth pull.... i guess this is making up for 1 1/2 seasons on total crap.

Norman Dupre (17830014)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is balanced and honest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 190 000 US$
Wage: 1 520 US$/week

Stamina: wretched Goaltending: passable
Playmaking: disastrous Passing: disastrous
Winger: disastrous Defending: disastrous
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: weak

I thought about keeping him as my back-up. But my B-team keeper is inadequate and is always in good form so i saw no need to sell him.This guy should bring in a nice 70-80k.

Economic Update

Cash funds: 80 329 US$ (38 774) US$
Supporter Club: 1188 members

This week

Revenue--------------------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0---------------------------------------Arena 14 720
Sponsors 62 475----------------------------Wages 25 810
Financial 0-------------------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0----------------------------------Temporary 3 000
--------------------------------------------------Staff 40 500
--------------------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 62 475-----------------------Total expenses 104 030

Expected income/loss -41 555

I have a home game tommarrow and it will be a sellout in rain or shine. Plus this latest youth pull, i should make a very very nice chunk of money this week.

This weeks league game

The biggest game of the year in divison V.253, Winner take all!!! If i win tommarrow the divison title is MINE and i get to play a promotion game. If Final Fantasy wins they will auto-promote. I started off the season verus FF on the road. At the time i had just switched to PM training a few weeks earlier and had also just trained 2 weeks of stamina training. So my form was horrible and my midfield wasn't that great yet. I decided to PIC that game and take my loss and move on. They beat me 3-0....

Final Fantasy
Midfield: solid - (7)

NSI - 60

These are the ratings im expecting. As you can see he's mostly midfield, and a good midfield it is. At home he gets a excellent sometimes. But it does have a weakness..... Stamina! His starters have bad stamina. I should gain around 7-9% possession in the second half. I "might'" lose possession by a little bit in the first half, but as long as the score is close i should whip them in the second half.

I wasn't going to MOTS this game at first so i could save my TS for a qualifier, but the owner of FF has decided to login 3 times in the last few days so im pretty sure he'll be MOTS'ing me. That means i gotta MOTS to make sure i win. Winning the divison and getting that extra week of training is my number 1 priority.

My Prediction 4-2 win!

Upnext, This weeks HUGE!!! league game
Old 10-25-2003, 08:28 PM   #134
DukeRulesMAB
College Prospect

Best of luck to the Misfitz this week!

FOFL: I may be the commish, but it's still pretty good.
DukeRulesMAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 08:47 PM   #135
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I agree. Hope your prediction rings true.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:09 PM   #136
Havok
College Starter

Thanx guys.... stop by the IRC chat tommarrow during gametime if ya get a chance and see how we're doing
Old 10-26-2003, 08:54 AM   #137
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I will be there, that's for sure. Hulsey may be at church.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:28 PM   #138
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - League Game - Round 14

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Final Fantasy

This is what its all about right here. Winner of this game wins the divison. After starting out the season losing 2 of my first 3 games, winning the divison didn't even cross my mind. But as my midfielders got better and better and my form came around. I started kicking butt and before i knew it i had a shot to win the divsion. IMO The Witches should have won the divison, with all the money he made on youth pulls this season he should have bought better midfielders then he did. But instead he overpayed for a bunch of solid defenders and passable PM's with good secondary's.

Anyway, back to the game at hand. Everyone that reads this dynasty knows how important this game is. I've been thinking about it all week. I'll be MOTSing and i SHOULD win. Lets see what happens........

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Right Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)
Central Defender - Joseph MacKindlay
Left Wingback - Omar Nairn (Defensive)

Inner Midfielder 2 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
Left Winger - Roy Hoekstra (Towards the middle)

Forward 1 - Abel Cano
Forward 2 - Bill Wright

Form is looking very good for the starters. Only 3 guys in inadequate form, My goalie, right wingback and my winger towards the middle. Besides them everyone else is in passable or higher form. Espically my forwards and my middies. They all are in solid or excellent form.

Players To Watch

Andi Neiweiler - Had a HUGE value jump on thursday. Went up 17k, bumped to inadequate PM and solid form. Im expecting his best ever game for me today.

Abel Cano - Abel hit solid form 2 weeks ago and his value went up a little more on thursday. Im still waiting on his first ever 3 star game. It better happen today!

The Match

At The Island of Misfit Toyz, 23000 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Landowski - ben Aharon, MacKindlay, Nairn - Neiweiler, Miller, Noer Mogensen, Eder, Hoekstra - Cano, Wright.

Fantasy started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Martin - Jonasson, Joseph, Klintsjö - Vasquez, Toth, Pace, Gee, Iglesia - Singer, Littlefield.

In the 5:th minute the home side managed to get a 1 - 0 lead as Josef Eder flipped the ball after a cross pass from the right.

Maniacal put themselves up 2 - 0 when Bill Wright broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him.

2 - 0 was the half-time score. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Maniacal´s Omar Nairn putting the lead up to 3 - 0.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Fantasy´s Gilbert Vasquez got himself booked.

Bill Wright increased Maniacals lead to 4 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. The structure of the game started to change as Maniacal decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.

Andi Neiweiler managed to make an excellent pass from the flank, but Roy Hoekstra was not as skillfull in scoring.

In the 82nd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Bill Wright dashed through, knocking home 5 - 0 for Maniacal. At that, Bill Wright was noted down for a hat trick.

Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 65 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Josef Eder. Roy Hoekstra on the other hand, had a terrible day.
The most dominating Fantasy player was without a doubt Dalton Toth. Mick Martin on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 5 - 0

Goals

Bill Wright - 3
Omar Narin - 1
Josef Eder - 1

Player Ratings

2.5 - Marcin Landowski

3.0 - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)
3.5 - Joseph MacKindlay
3.0 - Omar Nairn (Defensive)

3.5 - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)
3.5 - Josef Eder (Offensive)
3.5 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
3.0 - Huey Miller
2.0 - Roy Hoekstra (Towards the middle)

3.0 - Abel Cano
3.0 - Bill Wright

33.5 Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz
Right Side Attack: outstanding - (10)

NSI - 69

Final Fantasy

NSI - 59

Post Game Comments

We did it!!!! The Divison V.253 title is ours!!! We dominated from start to finish and knocked in 5 out of our 6 scoring chances! Im not surprised we won, but i am surprised that it was such a blowout. I expected a solid midfield out of them, but i guess he didn't MOTS. Which means i shouldn't have MOTS'ed but i had to make sure i won the divison.

Bill Wright was the star again today scoring a hattrick! Thats 9 goals in his last four games. Andi Neiweiler also had the game of his career, getting his first ever 3 1/2 stars and creating 3 scoring chances from the right (2 were goals). My last 11 league games to end the season i've went 11-0 and oustscored my opponents 61-5!!! hopfully i'll promote to divison IV. But if i don't, im gonna dominate this divison big time next season.

Around The League

US Rangers - vs - Daverules FC 0-4

Battle of the newbies and Daverules looks to have the best team out of all the midseason new teams in my divison.

CristinaFC3 - vs - north crowley 2 - 0

This game should have been alot worse the 2-0. Somehow CristiniaFC3 couldn't knock the ball in the net more then twice.

The Minnesota SnowDrifts - vs - Witches 2 - 6

The Witches somehow ran a 3-3-4 today and screwed up they're training for the week. I guess johnny messed up when making his lineup. I know he's pissed....

League Standings

Team------------------------Played-----------Goals--------------Points

1. Maniacal Misfitz----------14--------------67 - 16--------------36

2. Final Fantasy-------------14--------------53 - 15--------------36

3. Witches--------------------14--------------75 - 23--------------31

4. CristinaFC3----------------14--------------39 - 29-------------22

5. north crowley-------------14--------------19 - 41-------------18

6. The Minnesota SnowD---14--------------22 - 62-------------13

7. Daverules FC---------------14--------------16 - 52-------------9

8. US Rangers------------------14--------------4 - 57-------------1

There ya have it.... we pulled it out

Promotion Match

My promotion match is verus a semi-decent divison IV team. El marajá. If i didn't have furious TS and on the road i'd beat these guys. But, his last game was a walkover so i know he Pic'ed... and hes at home. These are his normal stats....

El marajá
Left Side Defence: formidable - (9)

NSI - 59

Now... since he's MOTSing that will probally be an inadequate midfeild. SO this will be no easy win. I think right now i have around a 50/50 chance of winning. We'll see what thursday form update brings us....

Update

El marajá just bought a 400k Midfielder. Probally Excellent PM, this doesn't help my chances much.

Upnext, This weeks Friendly game
Old 10-26-2003, 10:35 PM   #139
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Best of luck. I think I know how you'll view the game and all, but I'd always go for promotion. I did when I didn't think I was ready for D4. I somehow finished 3rd two years in a row, before making it this year.

Maybe I won't be very good in D3, but who knows? You never know, until you get there and try.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:40 AM   #140
Havok
College Starter

Bad News

well shit...... Hatstats just updated and if i win my promotion game the divison i'll be in next season will seriously kick my ass. I'll break it down for everyone.......

First Place team

West Fargo Stangs - Fellow FOFC'er Lever won divison IV.35 last season and will auto-promote to divison III. The team coming down will be a bot team. Thats the only good thing about this divison next season.

Second Place Team

Lake Superior Dogfight - This team is badass.... they were once in divison III but got demoted. They will totally mop the floor with me.

Lake Superior Dogfight
Midfield: outstanding - (10)
Central Defence: formidable - (9)
Left Side Defence: excellent - (8)
Right Side Attack: magnificent - (12)
Left Side Attack: outstanding - (10)

NSI - 86

These ratings are his last game of the season and it was an away game. 41.5 stars also....

Third Place Team

The Romulus Asylum - Another very good team. He's a goalie traininer and currently has the 20 year old team Magyarország player. 8 1/2 stars by himself.

The Romulus Asylum
Right Side Defence: supernatural - (14)
Central Defence: world class - (13)
Left Side Defence: magnificent - (12)

NSI - 86

Good everywhere except central attack, on my best day i could match his midfield. But he'd kill me on defense. Plus if he decides to sell his keeper anytime soon he'd easily get 7-8 million for him. Probally more....

4th Place Team

Trenton F.C - This guys team is a little worse then mine. I'd probally split the seasons series with him or i might actually beat him twice.

Trenton F.C,
Central Defence: solid - (8)
Central Attack: solid - (7)

NSI - 59

Not a terrible team and he gets about the same amount of stars as me.

5th Place team

El marajá - This is the team i play on sunday. My terrible TS will make a close game out of it.

El marajá
Right Side Attack: formidable - (8)

NSI - 59

His ratings change all the time depending how he plays where. He also just bought a excellent midfielder for 400k last night.

6th Place Team

Crown Royals - This team is cirrently in divison V but they will beat the 6th place team Negative Waves easy and promote to this divison. Our teams are somewhat close but his is better.

Crown Royals
Midfield: formidable - (9)
Central Defence: formidable - (9)
Left Side Defence: outstanding - (10)
Left Side Attack: passable - (6)

NSI - 73

These ratings are from an away game of a few weeks ago. He has two 4 star middy's and one 3.5 star. Plus some decent defenders. Overall a good 6-9 NSI better then me.

7th Place team

Captain D's Seafood - These guys are one of the best teams in all of divison V. They will be auto-promoting into divison IV and they will whip my ass bigtime.

Captain D's Seafood
Midfield: outstanding - (10)
Central Defence: outstanding - (10)
Left Side Defence: brilliant - (11)

NSI - 80

He just bought a 4 star winger for 1.6 million and his midfield can do better then that when he wants to. They get 13 stars between the 3 of them.

8th Place Team

MV Lisbon - Another one of the better divison V teams. He's a goalie trainer and just sold a goalie for 3.3 million and bought some midfielders already.

MV Lisbon
Right Side Defence: outstanding - (10)
Central Defence: outstanding - (10)
Left Side Defence: outstanding - (10)
Right Side Attack: solid - (7)
Left Side Attack: excellent - (8)

NSI - 76

This will only get better now that he has a bunch of money to spend. I don't have much of a shot of beating this guy.

Final Thought

Is this really what i want??? to go to a divison and be the 6th best guy if im lucky??? This divison is gonna easily be one of the toughest in divison IV next season. If you don't count me or the bot team coming in thats a 76 NSI rating average. That would make them 4th hardest in divison IV right now.

I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks. I've got a really tough decision ahead of me. Stay in divison V and dominate??? or go to divison IV and get killed.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:49 AM   #141
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quit bitching and just go to Division IV. It will be fun. I would love to be going to Division IV even in this series.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:11 AM   #142
Havok
College Starter

hehe i hear ya GE.... but its still a tough call and i might not win my promotion match anyway. But still.... going into a slaughter isn't fun.

Its not that this divison is top heavy like SI's was. Everyone in this divison is good except the bot team. Still not sure what i wanna do.

Im glad guys like AE are promoting even though they'll get killed. More power to him... but i think he's crazy. In the long run he'll lose more supporters then he gains and get send right back to divison IV. Can't see how that would be very fun
Old 10-28-2003, 01:18 AM   #143
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Hey im a supporter, I pay my fees like everyone else, this team better be promoted.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:39 AM   #144
Masked
College Starter

You should be able to beat Trenton F.C. twice, and with a bot, you should end up in 6th place. Captain D and MV Lisbon map not do as well as you expect unless they improve their offense. Once you get to midfields of excellent and above, you really need a balanced team to be successful.

You can survive in this division, and you don't know what you will get next year. There are worse divisions out there.

Even though I had a pretty rough season, I had only one update in which I lost supporters (and then only 1). Always keep 10 spokespersons around.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:44 AM   #145
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Suck it up and promote. You could end up in the 1st ranked series in Div IV the first week but then have the fortune of one of the teams going inactive and another tanking his way to a qualification game and ending up in 4th in IV.21--- I mean, in your new series.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 07:17 AM   #146
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm not sure I will lose the supporters I gain in the long run. I'll benefit from a couple of things for sure.

Better cup seeding for one, and I should do better in the cup itself as well. I should get quite a few fans out of those matches, considering I'll make 6-7 appearances. I believe I had 6 cup matches last season. I've increased my cup matches each season I've played.

That said, I think at the end of a long, long season in D3, I'll end up with more supporters than I started off with. OK, send me down to D4. I'm still better off in the long run.

I understand your concern about the level of competition. I was concerned back when I first promoted to D4.

I had the Rage, Fighting Illini, Boston Braves, and Ghetto Superstars to contend with. If I looked at their NSIs, and I did, they were really good.

Problem was, Rage was always good enough to drop an important game here and there. FI never has seen fit to improve a poor midfield. Boston and Ghetto, well, they eventually autopromoted, and the teams they replaced were not that good, coming out of D3.

I got up in D4 and did well, and I'm sure you will, too.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:45 AM   #147
Havok
College Starter

Looking over how my schedule will be next season i will hopfully get 5th place. Bot team 8th, Trenton 7th and Crown Royale 6th. Thats if everything goes as planed (talk about getting ahead of Myself). I won't throw the game on sunday, i probally would never forgive myself if i did and i don't think GE and Masked would forgive me either Its still gonna be 1 hard ass divison.

But i might not win my dam Promotion match anyway. Im expecting only a high inadequate or low passable midfield because of my furious TS. We'll see what thursday form update brings us...
Old 10-28-2003, 08:25 AM   #148
DukeRulesMAB
College Prospect

You and I are in similar states, except that my new division doesn't have a bot team.

But I think you gotta go for it, there's nothing wrong with treading water in 5th/6th place for a couple seasons before being ready for prime time.

FOFL: I may be the commish, but it's still pretty good.
DukeRulesMAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 08:59 AM   #149
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Havok, I think you will be suprised at how easy this division can be. Lake Superior Dogfight is very interested in the Cup and actually tied the squad you are playing for promotion. He doesn't take 'weaker' teams seriously at all. With the new tactics, you should be able to be competitive. As for the 8 1/2 star goalie, he is planning on selling him, but he is finally getting to play, so maybe not now.

Lever didn't think he stood a chance in it either last year and he fricken autopromoted out of it. Now he is going into III.6 and will most likely go winless, but maybe the new tactics will allow him to get to 15 points which seems to be the line you need to react to get 6th or above.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:56 AM   #150
Havok
College Starter

Getting any points out of the Lake Superior Dogfight and The Romulus Asylum games would be very lucky. But they aren't so much the problem. I expect there to be 2 or 3 teams in my divison that whip me in any divison IV series. The kicker here is that all 3 teams promoting besides me are very good also. They all average better NSI's then me and all have good midfields.

But i think with the schedule i got i can pull 5th place out. And who knows, maybe i'll get a million dollar youth pull or something

Last edited by Havok : 10-28-2003 at 11:57 AM.