Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-29-2006, 02:35 PM   #101
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Simple, don't design a ride where there is a chance of DEATH because of the ride.

Of course people keel over but I'm talking about as a result of G forces or something like that.

I really think these "engineers" are pushing the limits of reasonable entertainment. This isn't an isolated incident.

So all rides consist of sitting on the ground for a 40 second time period while nothing happens, although wait that might cause slight loss of blood circulation to some people and perhaps invoke a medical reaction ...

(simply put 'shit happens' unfortunately - its sad, but life is full of risks ..)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:38 PM   #102
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
So all rides consist of sitting on the ground for a 40 second time period while nothing happens, although wait that might cause slight loss of blood circulation to some people and perhaps invoke a medical reaction ...

(simply put 'shit happens' unfortunately - its sad, but life is full of risks ..)

So you are saying that forces akin to that of a supersonic jet or rocket launch are perfectly acceptable to offer to the general public as long as the fatality rate is like .5% or something. And they post a bunch of signs.

Last edited by rkmsuf : 06-29-2006 at 02:40 PM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:41 PM   #103
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
So you are saying that forces akin to that of a supersonic jet or rocket launch are perfectly acceptable to offer to the general public as long as the fatality rate is like .5% or something.
I'd probably say the fatality rate is moreso around in the 1 in the millions. In fact I bet someone is less likely to die on a ride then they are to die in a car accident. I mean it's not like the human body is really made to be traveling a speeds of 40-50 miles an hour...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:44 PM   #104
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So you are saying that forces akin to that of a supersonic jet or rocket launch are perfectly acceptable to offer to the general public as long as the fatality rate is like .5% or something. And they post a bunch of signs.

.5 would be a pretty damn high fatality rate and would be unacceptable since 1 out of 200 would drop dead and you would probably kill 25 a day and the ride would be called 'Baghdad Boom' or something like that..
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:50 PM   #105
DanGarion
Coordinator

Chance/probability of death from various causes for an average American in a given year.
Cause of death Probability
Aids/HIV infection 1 in 19,000
Airplane Crash 1 in 2,736,000
Alcoholic Liver Disease 1 in 22,000
Car Crash 1 in 6357
Earthquake 0 to 1 in 40,000,000
Falls 1 in 20,688
Flood 1 in 6,700,000
Food Poisoning 1 in 53,000
Heart disease 1 in 387
Homicide 1 in 16439
Suicide 1 in 9350
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:01 PM   #106
sabotai
General Manager

"said Terry McElroy of the Florida Department of Agriculture, which regulates the industry."

Am I the only one that finds this odd?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:05 PM   #107
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
"said Terry McElroy of the Florida Department of Agriculture, which regulates the industry."

Am I the only one that finds this odd?

fwiw, I found that very odd too.

FM
Old 06-29-2006, 03:07 PM   #108
SuperGrover
Mascot

It doesn't look like Disney did anything wrong here and sometimes accidents do happen. Try being the engineer- how do you design for the one fluke death while millions of people have ridden this ride without any incident? Do you not use scissors because there's a chance you could somehow injure yourself when using them?

Wow. I would expect the jury in the civil suit feels much differently.
SuperGrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:07 PM   #109
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:

Not at all - however please bear in mind that contrary to the rates you're giving no ride in any park has a .5% fatality rate, that'd be a huge risk in anyones terms.

I'd also like to point out that just because a ride indicates its 'like a supersonic jet or rocket launch' it very probably isn't at all, just for the reasons you indicate (ie. bodies not being able to handle the stress unless they're trained for it).

The rides you're talking about make people 'feel' like they're in a 'rocket launch' which is something entirely different - the differences between a 'simulation' and 'reality' really.

You can make people 'feel' like they've been in a rocket launch with minimal stresses and suchlike, just by giving a 'realistic' setting and conditions and letting their imagination do the rest*.

*There was a reality TV show in England along these lines a year or two ago, where 'contestants' thought they were being flown up to the russian space station ... didn't watch it myself but thought the idea intruiging.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:13 PM   #110
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

My son's 4 and I wouldn't even think about putting him on that ride, height requirement or not.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #111
rkmsuf
Head Coach

O-Qua Tangin Wann...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

27 hurt in Ohio roller coaster mishap

Page 1 of 1

The Associated Press

Monday, July 10, 2006 03:16 am GMT

CINCINNATI (AP) -- A malfunction on an amusement park ride Sunday sent 27 people to hospitals, most with minor chest and neck injuries, a park official said.

The accident happened on the Son of Beast roller coaster at Paramount's Kings Island just northeast of Cincinnati. WCPO-TV reported that witnesses saw the roller coaster come to an abrupt stop about 4:45 p.m.

Riders complained of discomfort after the coaster completed a circuit and pulled back into the boarding area, said Maureen Kaiser, a spokeswoman for the park.

Twenty-seven people were injured, Kaiser said. Seventeen had been released from hospitals within five hours of the accident and one had been admitted with injuries that weren't life-threatening, she said.

She did not know specifics about the others but said the injuries weren't life-threatening.

Park officials shut down the ride and were examining it, Kaiser said. The park's Web site describes the roller coaster as "the tallest, fastest and only looping wooden coaster on the planet," with riders descending a 214-foot hill at more than 78 mph. The coaster, more than 7,000 feet long, features a 118-foot tall loop.

http://www.wired.com/wireservice/sto...toryId=1545525
Old 07-11-2006, 01:13 PM   #112
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

More Disney fun! Same ride...but technically not 'Death on Disney Ride'

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060711/.../disney_injury
Quote:
A woman lost consciousness while getting off a Walt Disney World ride, which two people have died on in the past 13 months, authorities said.

The 35-year-old woman was getting off "Mission: Space" when she fell about 8:30 p.m. Monday, Deputy Chief Bo Jones of the Reedy Creek Fire Department told the Orlando Sentinel
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:33 PM   #113
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm
More Disney fun! Same ride...

Odds are, the woman who just passed out is in about as sterling a physical condition as I am ... which is to say not at all.

The tingling sensation, feeling wobbly afterwards, etc. are very familiar to me, difference is that she passed out whereas I haven't (yet).

I don't enjoy the blasted ride personally, I'd much rather put it in the category of "been there, done that, no desire to do it again", but it's one of the rides that are part of my parental chore list (as my wife covers those involving heights).

Meanwhile, my 8 year old rides it with glee & without any ill effects.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:21 PM   #114
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Odds are, the woman who just passed out is in about as sterling a physical condition as I am ... which is to say not at all.

I imagine this will not stop her from suing though...
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #115
sabotai
General Manager

Damn....

I better get down there soon and ride it before they are forced to shut it down.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:35 AM   #116
rkmsuf
Head Coach

14-Year-Old Dies at Disneyland ParisThe Associated Press

PARIS - French police are investigating the death of a 14-year-old Spanish girl who lost consciousness while riding a roller coaster at Disneyland Paris, park officials said Tuesday.

The cause of the girl's death remained unclear. A preliminary inspection of the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster ride found no malfunctions with the machinery, Disneyland spokesman Pieter Boterman said.

The girl boarded the ride Monday at the theme park in Marne-la-Vallee east of the French capital, and when the ride stopped, her friends found her unconscious, Boterman said.

Medical teams at the theme park tried to revive her, but by the time the ambulance arrived, the girl had died, he said.

Police opened an investigation, and an autopsy was planned for Tuesday, he said.

Disneyland authorities immediately shut down the ride, and it remained closed Tuesday. Boterman said the park was waiting to hear the cause of the girl's death before determining whether to reopen it.

The ride is at Walt Disney Studios Park, one of two theme parks at Disneyland Resort Paris. The complex, which opened in 1992, was formerly called Euro Disney.

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/a...landparis.html
Old 06-27-2007, 10:43 AM   #117
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Keep up the crusade, man!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:51 AM   #118
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Keep up the crusade, man!

Power to the people!
Old 06-27-2007, 11:24 AM   #119
RendeR
Coordinator

Quite frankly, IMO, if you step foot on those rides you should pretty much forgoe the right to sue. If you don't KNOW that there is a chance of severe injury or death while riding a thrill ride then you're a complete idiot and should be removed from the gene pool.

Power to the rides, crank 'em up!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:35 AM   #120
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Autopsy shows boy died at Disney from heart condition

Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. - The death of a 4-year-old boy after he went on a rocket-ship ride at Walt Disney World was caused by abnormal cardiac rhythms from a heart condition that he apparently had since birth, according to an autopsy released Tuesday.

Daudi Bamuwamye died after riding "Mission: Space" in June. He had an abnormality of the heart muscle called idiopathic myocardial hypertrophy, with fibroelastosis of the left ventricle, the Orange County Medical Examiner's Office said.

"People with this condition are at risk for sudden death throughout their life due to abnormal electrical heart rhythms," the medical examiner's office said. "This risk could be increased under physical or emotional stressful situations. This condition may also eventually lead to heart failure."

The $100 million Epcot ride, one of Disney World's most popular, was closed after the death but reopened after company engineers concluded it was operating normally.

"Mission: Space" spins riders in a giant centrifuge that subjects them to twice the normal force of gravity, and it is so intense that some riders have been taken to the hospital with chest pain.

Time to repost this one just to remind everyone (well, okay, to remind rkmsuf, but anyway...)
Old 06-27-2007, 11:37 AM   #121
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Has anyone done a study yet of how many people die while driving to these parks in accidents compared to the number that actually die at the park?

Just got back from Disney World a couple of weeks ago. We had a fantastic time yet again. Can't wait to go back in 2 years or so.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #122
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Has anyone done a study yet of how many people die while driving to these parks in accidents compared to the number that actually die at the park?

Just got back from Disney World a couple of weeks ago. We had a fantastic time yet again. Can't wait to go back in 2 years or so.

nice almost knowing you
Old 06-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #123
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Just got back from Disney World a couple of months ago. We had a fantastic time yet again. Can't wait to go back in 2 years or so.

Fixed for me.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:04 PM   #124
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Headed back to Disney World in a few weeks. 18th trip (IIRC) in the past 7 years or so.

And fixed for me.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #125
rkmsuf
Head Coach

In Japan they just stopped reporting them alltogether.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.keralanext.com/news/?id=1007315

JAPAN NEWS
3 amusement park accidents unpublicized last year
Thursday, May 10, 2007

TOKYO — Two accidents causing injury at Osaka's Expoland amusement park last year went unreported to the central government while one serious injury at another park in Aichi Prefecture remained unannounced, local government officials said Wednesday. The revelations follow a fatal roller coaster derailment last week at Expoland in the city of Suita, Osaka Prefecture, in which a 19-year-old woman was killed and 19 others were injured after the park operator decided to put off a regular checkup of the coaster until mid-May.

In other accidents at Expoland, a visitor tore ligaments in May last year by twisting a leg in coming off a rotary trapeze, and another visitor was taken to a hospital in December after the visitor's neck got caught in the safety bar of a different piece of rotary equipment, Osaka prefectural officials said. At Lagunasia theme park in the city of Gamagori in Aichi, meanwhile, a mentally-handicapped woman in her 20s suffered a serious injury to her left leg last November aboard the Aqua Wind roller coaster, according to the park operator Gamagori Marine Development Co.

---- KN Staff Reporter.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:14 PM   #126
rkmsuf
Head Coach

ouch, now this has to hurt.

------------------------------------------------------

Girl scalped in go-kart mishap
(Friday, October 20, 2006) - A 12-year-old girl was completely scalped when her ponytail got caught in the drive belt of a go-kart engine at Niagara Go-Karts and Mini Putt in Niagra Falls, Ontario, Canada
Old 06-27-2007, 12:19 PM   #127
Ksyrup

I'm with you all the way on this - fuck putt-putt.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #128
hhiipp
College Prospect

Alert to all - do not leave your home in search of a good time you will be injured or die!
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:34 PM   #129
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiipp View Post
Alert to all - do not leave your home in search of a good time you will be injured or die!

Go stick your ponytail in a go kart. I triple dog dare you!
Old 06-27-2007, 01:52 PM   #130
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
Go stick your ponytail in a go kart. I triple dog dare you!
Yeah, look out for those hhiippppiieess and their ponytails!!
Old 06-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #131
MikeVic
Head Coach

The last few posts have made me laugh out loud at work. Nice job guys.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:34 PM   #132
Ksyrup

We need more library nudity and pissing stories and less amusement park horror stories, please.

When's the last time you updated the library nudist thread?
Old 06-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #133
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
We need more library nudity and pissing stories and less amusement park horror stories, please.

When's the last time you updated the library nudist thread?

point me to some library nudity(attractive female) and I'll update the crap out of it

I check daily for Naked Zorro updates though.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #134
Ksyrup

This place is smurfie's personal house of horror:

Woman Killed at N.Y. Thrill Park Ride
Jun 30 09:14 AM US/Eastern
By JENNIFER PELTZ
Associated Press Writer
NEW YORK (AP) - Investigators were re-examining a gyrating ride at a historic amusement park after a young woman died in the second fatal accident in less than four years, the fourth death at the park in that span.

The woman was killed Friday night on the Mind Scrambler at Playland Amusement Park in Rye, N.Y., just north of New York City, Westchester County Police spokesman Kieran O'Leary said.

Emergency workers responded quickly, "but there wasn't very much anybody could do for her," O'Leary said. The woman, who was in her 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene around 9:30 p.m., he said.

Police were investigating early Saturday and released few details about the accident. The woman's name was not released because her family had not been notified.

The indoor attraction spins riders around in a darkened tent with flashing lights. It was the scene of another deadly accident May 22, Stephanie Dieudonne, 7, wriggled free of the restraining bar on one of the cars, knelt on the seat and fell soon after the ride started, according to investigators.

The amusement park was not cited for any violations or required to make improvements to the ride after the girl's death, but officials announced plans to add seat belts, more lighting and a second attendant.

In 2005, a 7-year-old boy was killed when he climbed out of his boat ride and fell, investigators said. A 43-year-old man drowned after wading into a lake on July 4, 2006 at the county-owned Playland, a National Historic Landmark that opened in 1928.

The park's director and a spokesman for the county Department of Parks, Recreation & Conservation, which oversees Playland, did not immediately return telephone messages left at their offices late Friday.
The Mind Scrambler and a nearby section of the amusement park were closed after the accident Friday, but other areas remained open, O'Leary said.

Playland is on Long Island Sound, about 25 miles north of midtown Manhattan. Featuring more than 50 rides, a pool and a beach, it draws more than 1 million visitors a year.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:30 PM   #135
gstelmack
Pro Starter

So two kids climbed out of their seats (where were the parents with them?), and one guy wandered into a lake all on his own? I don't see what the park did wrong in any of those cases.

We'll see what happened with the 20-year-old.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #136
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So two kids climbed out of their seats (where were the parents with them?), and one guy wandered into a lake all on his own? I don't see what the park did wrong in any of those cases.

We'll see what happened with the 20-year-old.

What he said. Why is the park liable for other's stupidity. Did the ride have harnesses? Yes. Did they malfunction? No. Was it solely because of the actions of the victims that they died? Yes. So how is the park at fault?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:29 PM   #137
larrymcg421
Head Coach

All these news articles do is make these sound like kickass rides. I'm putting them all on my To Do list.

Also, I live in downtown Atlanta. I have to constantly drive on I-285, I-75, I-85, GA 400 (I-20 if I want to get to Six Flags). This is much more dangerous than any ride you could put in a fucking amusement park.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 06-30-2007 at 01:38 PM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:23 PM   #138
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Update to the story above. Communication screwup between two workers killed one of them. It was not a passenger on the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN.com
NEW YORK (AP) -- An amusement park worker was thrown off a gyrating ride and killed, and park officials acknowledged Saturday that a safety precaution put in place after a fatal accident on the ride in 2004 wasn't followed.

Gabriela Garin, 21, of White Plains, New York, was killed Friday night after fastening some late-arriving riders into their seats on the Mind Scrambler, the same ride where a 7-year-old girl was killed three years ago at the landmark Playland Amusement Park in Rye. The ride was immediately shut down for the rest of the summer.

It was the fourth fatality at the park in just over three years.

Garin was operating the ride, a spider-arm-style attraction that spins riders around in two-seat cars, park spokesman Peter Tartaglia said. She had changed shifts with a new ride operator but stayed to take on a few new passengers before leaving for the night, he said.

The woman told the operator she would fasten the last riders into the car, and the new operator, whose name wasn't immediately available, stepped into a booth and started the ride, Tartaglia said.

He looked up, noticed Garin still on the ride and shut it down 15 to 20 seconds after it began, Tartaglia said. But Garin, who started working at the park when she was 14, already had been thrown from it, he said.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #139
Ksyrup

I'm doing your job for you, smurfie...

Beach amusement park ride leaves teenage girl hospitalized
July 02. 2007 11:53AM

A 13-year-old girl remained in intensive care Monday after she hit her head on a spinning ride at a children's amusement park last week.

Natashia West was injured Thursday on the Magic Teacup ride at Boomers. She is now heavily sedated at Joe DiMaggio's Children's Hospital in Hollywood, and most of her injuries are on the front of her head, said Donnie Jackson, her father.

The Tamarac girl has a sensor sticking out of her head to monitor pressure in her skull. She cannot talk, but was taken off a respirator Sunday, Jackson said.

"All I want is for her to be the same little girl she was," he said.

The ride carries passengers inside round cups. At the center of each cup is a wheel riders can turn to control how fast it spins.

"You don't expect your child to be put on a ride one minute, and the next minute she's trauma-alerted," Jackson said.

The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services inspected the ride Friday and found no mechanical problems, agency spokesman Terence McElroy said.

The department has not concluded its investigation, but expects to release a report later this week. The ride was cleared by the department to open, but remained closed Monday, McElroy said. A routine inspection by the department in April also found the ride to have no mechanical problems.

Palace Entertainment, the California company that owns Boomers, said it is meeting with the teacup's manufacturer and studying the ride. It has been at the Dania Beach Boomers since April 2006, but the company has used it at other locations since the 1990s.

"We've given hundreds of thousands of rides and we've never had a problem," said Brett Petit, a Palace Entertainment spokesman.

"Safety is the most important thing," Petit said. "And we will do all we can to help the girl."
Old 07-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #140
rkmsuf
Head Coach

They got the Teacups man!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #141
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

It would be nice if the report included some kind of indication of what her head hit. If this ride is anything like the Disney teacup ride, I can't imagine any way a person could hit the front of their head. Without any additional information, my first thought is to figure out how the victim was goofing around and not how the park must have done something wrong.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:24 PM   #142
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
It would be nice if the report included some kind of indication of what her head hit. If this ride is anything like the Disney teacup ride, I can't imagine any way a person could hit the front of their head. Without any additional information, my first thought is to figure out how the victim was goofing around and not how the park must have done something wrong.

I'm one of those people that gets dizzy on those spinning rides. My wife loves to fling the thing around wildly. I'm not down with that, so I get in a separate teacup. She gets her cup spinning around, while I slowly turn my cup so that I'm always facing the same way to avoid any nausea. I know........party pooper.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #143
Ksyrup

I'm wondering whether she fell forward and hit the steering wheel. Whether she was goofing around, or lost her balance, or got dizzy...who knows.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #144
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I'm one of those people that gets dizzy on those spinning rides. My wife loves to fling the thing around wildly. I'm not down with that, so I get in a separate teacup. She gets her cup spinning around, while I slowly turn my cup so that I'm always facing the same way to avoid any nausea. I know........party pooper.

Have you ever tried splitting the difference and just stare at her while she flings it around? I've found that reduces the dizzy feeling...though depending on the person, that may not help enough.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:39 PM   #145
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm wondering whether she fell forward and hit the steering wheel. Whether she was goofing around, or lost her balance, or got dizzy...who knows.

I was thinking about those too, but wouldn't it be hard to fall to the middle of a spinning ride? If anything a person should fall to the outside. Same thing with losing the balance after leaving the ride. After getting dizzy, a person generally falls sideways, not forwards. That is why I would love more details.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #146
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:

turn in your mancard

lol, separate cups.

lol, you ride the teacups

I take back the lol if you are bringing your kids on.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #147
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Have you ever tried splitting the difference and just stare at her while she flings it around? I've found that reduces the dizzy feeling...though depending on the person, that may not help enough.

Yes, I tried that. I gave a couple of dry heaves while I was exiting the ride. Thankfully nothing came out, but I saw the fear in the ride operator's eyes. He was pretty sure he was about to have clean-up duty.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:57 PM   #148
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
turn in your mancard

lol, separate cups.

lol, you ride the teacups

I take back the lol if you are bringing your kids on.

My only daughter is 4 months old. The interesting part will be whether my daughter rides with me or my wife when we take her to Disney at some point in the future.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:58 PM   #149
rkmsuf
Head Coach

ok, lol then.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:03 PM   #150
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I tried that. I gave a couple of dry heaves while I was exiting the ride. Thankfully nothing came out, but I saw the fear in the ride operator's eyes. He was pretty sure he was about to have clean-up duty.

Well then, I guess your riding plan is the right one for you. It was worth a try at least.

As far as turning in your man card...the teacups rock. It is one of the few rides you can control and actively try to throw your riding partner out of the ride without touching them.