Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-24-2003, 07:01 AM   #101
condors
College Starter

The Confederacy of Condors
"Live and let die"

UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights: Some Economy: Strong Political Freedoms: Very Good

The Confederacy of Condors is a tiny, pleasant nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The large government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 20%. A substantial private sector is led by the Pizza Delivery industry, followed by Gambling and Uranium Mining.

Crime is moderate. Condors's national animal is the condor and its currency is the money.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 08:38 AM   #102
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Congratulations!
The United Nations is pleased to invite The Republic of Skydogland into our hallowed halls. An e-mail will be issued within the next few hours to the address you supplied: to confirm your acceptance of this great honor, simply follow the link it contains.

Note: occasionally an ISP thinks the UN e-mail is spam and blocks it. If you don't receive your e-mail within the next 24 hours, try changing your e-mail address to a different account (if possible) and re-applying.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:45 AM   #103
cuervo72
Head Coach

Looks like you have the same flag as SirFozzie!

The Republic of Cuervonia
"Serenity Now!"

UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights: Below Average
Economy: Strong
Political Freedoms: Very Good

The Republic of Cuervonia is a tiny, pleasant nation, notable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Defence. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6%. A substantial private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Uranium Mining.

Crime is a serious problem. Cuervonia's national animal is the siamese cat and its currency is the gilder.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 09-24-2003 at 09:01 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:03 AM   #104
RendeR
Coordinator

Joing or not Joining the UN makes little or no difference in the development of your nation, it simply allows you a bit more interactivity by being able to vote on new legislation for all UN nations and even propose legislation as well.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:16 AM   #105
RendeR
Coordinator

Just for clarification, the UN delegate from each region gets one vote for themselves on UN legislation as well as a vote for each nation in the region, so for example if our delegate voted on the current legislation it would in effect be 46 or so votes on the topic.

Large regions who are all UN members will have a very strong pull in the UN. I would personally suggest that everyone join the UN for the time being, and decide who you want for the UN delegate by giving that nation your endorsement. the nation in our region with the most endorsements is automatically the delegate.

The delegate has some responsibility to take in the overall opinion of the region before voting (at least *I* think so) since your vote is also a vote for each member nation.

I ask for your endorsement of Rendland, I have been playing for some time and have a very good grasp of the world state at this time. And if we get everyone in FOFC into the UN, we can become a powerful voting force in the world.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:21 AM   #106
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Assuming the email actually gets to me, I've gotten in the UN.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:24 AM   #107
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

same here.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 10:15 AM   #108
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Chuckles, here's my issue of the day:

SirFozzie Decides:
One Wife is Never Enough, Say Polygamists
The Issue

A small religious group is lobbying the government to allow them to take multiple wives.
The Debate

1. "It's about time we had our religious rights recognized," says Fleur Dredd, a devout member of a faith that is never made quite clear. "Who is the government to tell me I can't love more than one woman? The government doesn't know how much of me there is to go around!"
[Accept]

2. "This is nothing more than sexual deviants using religion as a pretext for perversion!" says Reverend Billy Hamilton. "Marriage is one man, one woman, and death do we part. What's so hard to get? Anything else is a perversion, and must be banned."
[Accept]

3. "Multiple wives? Excellent!" says passer-by Hack Washington. "Presumably we will allow multiple husbands, as well. And gay marriages, of course. In fact, now is probably the time for the government to butt out of marriage altogether. Let people marry their cats, if they want."
[Accept]

The Government Position

The government has yet to formalize a position on this issue.

(edited)

Actually.. We decided to bury our heads in the sand until it all went away. Three bad options

Last edited by SirFozzie : 09-24-2003 at 10:17 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 10:31 AM   #109
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I cant wait to hear which you choose

Old 09-24-2003, 10:33 AM   #110
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well.. I dismissed it, but if I had to choose, I'd go with option 2
Old 09-24-2003, 10:34 AM   #111
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Shortly after the Holy Empire of Coffee Warlord did away with the quaint notion of voting, it was decided that relgious fanaticism would no longer be tolerated, thus disbanding all religions.

The final straw came from a group of relgious zealots wanting to ban Harry Potter books because it contained a demon summoning.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 10:34 AM   #112
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I've now applied for acceptance into the UN. I am wondering if we should have our own thread in one of the forums to conduct the business of the region.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 11:25 AM   #113
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

The Republic of Bearcat has started to develop the Pepsi bottle rocket to explore space.

We also applied to be in the UN
Old 09-24-2003, 12:06 PM   #114
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Look at this act that is needing approval:

Decent Sexuality Reform Act
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency Strength: Strong Proposed by: Evilistocia
Description: This will define sex as intercourse between male and female human beings who are legally married to each other. This will further include that only penile vaginal penetration is acceptable.

Any other sex act will be prohibited.

Prohibited acts will include: anal, oral, analingus, frottage, mastrubation, unmarried partners, adultury, marital aids, inanimate objects, omnisexual, homosexual, bisexual, more than two partners, orgies, beastiality, necrophilia and any thing else not mentioned here.

Violation will result in public castration.

We need to stop sex from destroying our society and families.

Approvals: 4 (Polka Fans World Wide, Decepti0n, Isochronous, Irnbruland)

Voting Ends: Thu Sep 25 2003
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 12:08 PM   #115
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by vexroid

Description: This will define sex as intercourse between male and female human beings who are legally married to each other. This will further include that only penile vaginal penetration is acceptable.

Prohibited acts will include: anal, oral, analingus, frottage, mastrubation, unmarried partners, adultury, marital aids, inanimate objects, omnisexual, homosexual, bisexual, more than two partners, orgies, beastiality, necrophilia and any thing else not mentioned here.

I think that the Republic of the Albion Moon will exist outside of the UN for a while.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 12:11 PM   #116
RendeR
Coordinator

If I remember right they need to get the 117 approvals before it will come to a vote by the general UN assembly. not just that many votes to make it happen automatically.

Edit: when a proposal is submitted it must gain the approval of 6% of the UN Delegates at the time prior to being opened up for a full UN vote for approval or dismissal.

So don't worry that something rediculous like that sex act crap will ever actually get to a vote =)

Last edited by RendeR : 09-24-2003 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:17 PM   #117
JeeberD
General Manager

Wow, up to 58 countries. Nice...

Too bad (according to my profile) "JeeberD is ranked 55th in the region and 49,039th in the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry."

Damn!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 12:18 PM   #118
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by vexroid

Approvals: 4 (Polka Fans World Wide, Decepti0n, Isochronous, Irnbruland)

Voting Ends: Thu Sep 25 2003

Who started that proposal? I think the FOFC region needs to go to war against whoever it was...

Old 09-24-2003, 12:19 PM   #119
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD
Wow, up to 58 countries. Nice...

Too bad (according to my profile) "JeeberD is ranked 55th in the region and 49,039th in the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry."

Damn!

Remember though that since 99% of the nations in our region thus far (myself excluded) are brand new, you're all going to be pretty close on every item they check.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:21 PM   #120
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Anyone considering UN membership might wish to consider the following.

from the game FAQ

Quote:
It proposes and votes on resolutions, which are then binding on all member nations.

And then take at look at what's been agreed to so far
http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/page=UN_past_resolutions
Old 09-24-2003, 12:23 PM   #121
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Congratulations!
The United Nations is pleased to invite The Republic of EagleFan into our hallowed halls. An e-mail will be issued within the next few hours to the address you supplied: to confirm your acceptance of this great honor, simply follow the link it contains.

Today the UN, tommorrow the WORLD. (evil laugh)hahahahahahahahahahaha(/evil laugh)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 12:25 PM   #122
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by JonInMiddleGA

from the game FAQ

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/...st_resolutions

We will have to form the FOFC Block and impact the political landscape for change
Old 09-24-2003, 12:28 PM   #123
Franklinnoble
Banned

The Rogue Nation of Trogdorany

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do."

UN Category: Tyranny by Majority
Civil Rights: Few
Economy: Reasonable
Political Freedoms: Superb

The Rogue Nation of Trogdorany is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its burgeoning dragon population. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 5 million enjoy great social freedoms and frequent elections, where the majority of the populace regularly votes to increase its benefits at the expense of various hapless minorities.

The enormous government is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Healthcare and Social Welfare are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 31%, but much higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry.

Crime is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force. Trogdorany's national animal is the dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the peasant.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 12:30 PM   #124
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Resolution 245A Proper Grammar
A resolution to increase democratic freedoms.

Category: The Furtherment of Democracy Strength: Significant Proposed by: Scrotalia
Description: Too long have UN Proposals been filled with improper grammar. One can scarcely move between two pages of proposals without seeing some sort of grammar or spelling error. People need to realize that "your" and "you're" are NOT the same word. People also need to realize that "to" and "too" are also not the same word, and that the "Vaticant" does not exist. Any country that files a proposal with such language shall henceforth be banned from proposals until such time as they understand the English language and can properly convey their ideas.

Votes For: 8597

Votes Against: 6885

Implemented: Sat Feb 15 2003

It's Billy Madison!!!
Old 09-24-2003, 12:30 PM   #125
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

from the game FAQ

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/...st_resolutions

I like this one:

Quote:
Resolution 245A Proper Grammar

A resolution to increase democratic freedoms.

Category: The Furtherment of Democracy Strength: Significant Proposed by: Scrotalia
Description: Too long have UN Proposals been filled with improper grammar. One can scarcely move between two pages of proposals without seeing some sort of grammar or spelling error. People need to realize that "your" and "you're" are NOT the same word. People also need to realize that "to" and "too" are also not the same word, and that the "Vaticant" does not exist. Any country that files a proposal with such language shall henceforth be banned from proposals until such time as they understand the English language and can properly convey their ideas.

Votes For: 8597

Votes Against: 6885

Implemented: Sat Feb 15 2003

Old 09-24-2003, 12:36 PM   #126
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Common Sense Act II
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights Strength: Significant Proposed by: Fantasan
Description: : Far too many civil injustices occur each and every day in courts around the world. Frivolous lawsuits plague innocent homeowners and businessmen, who have done nothing wrong but earn enough money to become a target of an opportunist. Lawsuits on the basis of idiotic negligence on the part of the victim shall henceforth be dismissed in the courts of UN member nations, as they violate the civil liberties of those being sued. Idiotic neglegence shall be defined as such: 1:Burning oneself with a hot beverage, such as coffee. 2:Injuring oneself while using a tool in a reckless or improper manner, such as without safety gear or for a purpose the tool is obviously not supposed to do. 3:Consuming a legal product which is either high in fat or damaging to the body, such as fast food or tobacco. 4:Any injury incurred during the commission of a crime, such as cutting yourself on a broken pane of glass while burglarizing a home. This proposal will lower the tax burden on all citizens, it will make the jobs of Judges and Juries easier, and will help restore a modicum of common sense to the world.

Votes For: 8627

Votes Against: 4776

Implemented: Fri Sep 12 2003
Old 09-24-2003, 12:45 PM   #127
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I was just invited to join another region.

Here is the region:

Alcatraz contains 278 nations.[List all nations]

Should I:

A) Accept

B) Tell him he shall be plagued by Fighting Crawfish

C) Tell him that I have 3 nuclear warheads aimed at his sack and that I shouldn't be bothered by peasents(sp?)

D) Ask him whether or not he really wants to see the wrath of FOFC.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:50 PM   #128
RendeR
Coordinator

Tell him that his fat bloated overdeveloped region isn't suitable for your fine Country's piss bucket, let alone your fine population of hard working individuals.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:30 PM   #129
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

The Kingdom of SplitPersonalia

"Bite me!""

UN Category: Capitalist Paradise
Civil Rights: Some Economy: Very Strong Political Freedoms: Some

The Kingdom of SplitPersonalia is a tiny, economically powerful nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5 million are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

The small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Defence. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5%. A substantial private sector is led by the Retail industry, followed by Pizza Delivery and Uranium Mining.

Crime is a serious problem. SplitPersonalia's national animal is the three-toed sloth and its currency is the split.
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 01:36 PM   #130
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by SplitPersonality1
The Kingdom of SplitPersonalia

"Bite me!" (And me! And me! Me too!)"
Old 09-24-2003, 01:38 PM   #131
Franklinnoble
Banned

So, umm, now that we all have clever little kingdoms and our own merry federation, what else is there to do with this game?
Old 09-24-2003, 01:51 PM   #132
Franklinnoble
Banned

dola...

I made a custom flag. Does that do anything for me?

Behold the majesty... or whatever.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:51 PM   #133
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Franklinnoble
So, umm, now that we all have clever little kingdoms and our own merry federation, what else is there to do with this game?

Hmm, that's what I was wondering.

Quote:
There are only about thirty issues (not all of which your nation qualifies for), so if you play for more than a few weeks, you might notice a certain repetition. NationStates is probably not the sort of game you want to play for months on end. It's just something I hope you find interesting.

Many people have asked about the possibility of a more sophisticated version of NationStates, with trade, military conflicts, and more. This does sound cool, but I haven't decided yet if I want to do that. It would be a lot of work, and I'd have to charge people to play it. But it's possible.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:21 PM   #134
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Franklinnoble

Pretty much all that's left is to answer the issues as they come up & watch the changes in your category & your population. And that's about it.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:24 PM   #135
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Pretty much all that's left is to answer the issues as they come up & watch the changes in your category & your population. And that's about it.

Sheesh... where's the fun in that?
Old 09-24-2003, 02:50 PM   #136
vex
Grizzled Veteran

If you want something a LOT more in depth, try www.simcountry.com
Old 09-24-2003, 02:55 PM   #137
haji1
Mascot

If you go to their message boards they seem to be unbelievably active. They do a lot of things with just the basic game formula. It seems like two problems.
1. It looks very complex. And to get a late start and be a part of things may be difficult.

2. You better have an active imagination.

I think I will take the game for what it is, a pleasant little diversion during my day.
haji1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 03:01 PM   #138
cuervo72
Head Coach

Well, we could try to get our area some sway in the UN (it looks like FOFC is probably a larger area than most), but I don't know what that would accomplish.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:10 PM   #139
Celeval
Pro Starter

The Commonwealth of Celeval
"Ooooh... Pretty."

UN Category: Authoritarian Democracy
Civil Rights: Few Economy: Developing Political Freedoms: Average

The Commonwealth of Celeval is a tiny, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed population of 6 million are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.

The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 36%, but much higher for the wealthy. A small private sector is dominated by the Basket Weaving industry.

Voting is voluntary. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force. Celeval's national animal is the cat and its currency is the thingie.

Celeval is ranked 26th in the region and 32,075th in the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 04:14 PM   #140
Esquared1
High School JV

The Republic of Tree Huggiing Hippies
"Earth First!"

UN Category: Left-wing Utopia
Civil Rights: Superb Economy: Basket Case Political Freedoms: Superb

The Republic of Tree Huggiing Hippies is a tiny, safe nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5 million are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 64%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising fourteen-year-old boys selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.

Crime is totally unknown. Tree Huggiing Hippies's national animal is the spotted owl, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the bead.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:16 PM   #141
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Esquared1
The Republic of Tree Huggiing Hippies
"Earth First!"

UN Category: Left-wing Utopia
Civil Rights: Superb Economy: Basket Case Political Freedoms: Superb

The Republic of Tree Huggiing Hippies is a tiny, safe nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5 million are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, liberal, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 64%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising fourteen-year-old boys selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.

Crime is totally unknown. Tree Huggiing Hippies's national animal is the spotted owl, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the bead.

What? Was the name "California" already taken?
Old 09-24-2003, 04:56 PM   #142
Esquared1
High School JV

Mr. Franklinnoble,

People would be better off if we spend more in enriching their lives.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:47 PM   #143
JeeberD
General Manager

I just got this from "The Incorporated States of Heavyhanded dictators"..

Quote:
Soon to be UN member,
As you may know being a UN member you can shape the Nation States.
We could use a country like yours in our alliance of nations. The Reaches of Solaris
are several nations that have banned together to
crush the would be invaders and region crashers that prowl the
Nation States. In the Reaches you will be appointed or elected to an office. Every nation
in the region has a say what goes on in the region either by introducing laws and proposals
as in the parliament, or work in the liberation teams that actively help defend
friendly regions from attack. Come join the Reaches and make a difference. Contact Euresia
for information or simply go to the region Reaches of Solaris to start the process
to become a member.

We need to destroy these fools....

Last edited by JeeberD : 09-24-2003 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:57 PM   #144
The_herd
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD
I just got this from "The Incorporated States of Heavyhanded dictators"..

We need to destroy these fools....

I just got the same telegram.
The_herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 06:19 PM   #145
RendeR
Coordinator

I would like to thank all of you who have endorsed Rendland already and encourage more of you to join the United Nations community and endorse us as well so that the Emporer may serve you all in the capacity of delegate to the United Nations.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:50 PM   #146
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

The Commonwealth of Michatoria
"Home of the worldest largest squid trade market in the world!"

UN Category: Moralistic Democracy
Civil Rights: Some Economy: Good Political Freedoms: Average

The Commonwealth of Michatoria is a tiny, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6 million are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Religion & Spirituality, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 40%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Book Publishing.

Voting is voluntary. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Michatoria's national animal is the kangaroo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.

Michatoria is ranked 16,391st in the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.

Last edited by SunDancer : 09-24-2003 at 07:02 PM.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 07:36 PM   #147
mckerney
Coordinator

I got this telegram

Quote:
A while ago a sport league was put together. It was called the NSAFL. When it started its first season didnt look like it would last. Well now it was out grow its many divisions! So I would personally like to invite you all to the NSAFL. NSAFL stands for NationStates American Football League. If you would like to join please telegram me with the following:
Nation Name:
Team Name:
Team mascot:
Staduim Name:

Thank You,
Brent Buyse
President of the NSAFL

NSAFL guide forum:
http://www.nationstates.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47270&highlight=
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 07:40 PM   #148
JeeberD
General Manager

Did you folks who got into the UN get an e-mail back from them right away? I "submitted my application" early this afternoon and still haven't heard anything from them...

Old 09-24-2003, 07:41 PM   #149
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

no.. took about 24 hours..

Old 09-24-2003, 08:23 PM   #150
The_herd
College Starter

My country is now a no clothing allowed place.

A loose coalition of sartorially-challenged individuals known as "Let It All Hang Out" has called on the government to relax public nudity laws.

"I agree," mused sociology professor Al du Pont. "But I don't think the protestors are going far enough. Public nudity shouldn't be an option: it should be compulsory. Nudity is highly liberating. And it would put that disgusting "Hooters" out of business once and for all."