Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-04-2008, 03:29 AM   #101
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
dude...if sheed and rip and tayshaun go what's your lineup?

billups, stuckey, maxiel, antonio mcdyess, ?

good luck with that team being better (because you know you're not trading either tayshaun or rip or sheed for an all-star)

Obviously, there'd be a trade involved. It's not like I'm talking about throwing them in the garbage for nothing. But things have to change.

Regardless of what else happens, at the very least, Sheed must go.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #102
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3417029

Not sure what to think about this one. He seems to be a coach who has had some success but then had an excuse why he did not take his teams to that next level.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3429726

Okay maybe not! Now there are reports that he is not getting the job. Reinsdorf was struggling with the decision? Seems strange to me.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #103
miami_fan
Coordinator

A couple of interesting notes. First, Rudy Fernandez is finally coming to the NBA to play for the Blazers. If I have to cheer for a team to succeed besides the Heat, it is the Blazers. I like the way they have built their team so far.

Second, with the pre draft camps over, the underclassmen who have not already signed with an agent have until the 16th to pull out of the draft. It will be interesting to see where some of these guys draw the line for this decision. Do you have to be a lottery pick? A first rounder? Obviously every situation is different and there are no set rules for this process. But I look at a guy like Bill Walker or J.J. Hickson and wonder does they really come out as a freshman to be picked in the bottom of the first round or in the second round?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 06-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #104
miami_fan
Coordinator

Suns hire former Bucks coach Terry Porter while the Pistons hire Michael Curry.

Last edited by miami_fan : 06-09-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Gave the wrong Curry the job
Old 06-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #105
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And the Bulls hire...Vinny Del Negro!?!!?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #106
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
And the Bulls hire...Vinny Del Negro!?!!?

I did not want to throw that one out since info on the Bulls coaching search has been less than reliable
Old 06-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #107
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Suns hire former Bucks coach Terry Porter while the Pistons hire Ronald Curry.

Wow, UNC QB to Oakland WR to Pistons Head Coach!

Old 06-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #108
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Wow, UNC QB to Oakland WR to Pistons Head Coach!

Ronald, Michael, one of those common names
Old 06-09-2008, 04:19 PM   #109
MikeVic
Head Coach

I'll put forth that I think Michael is a better name than Ronald.

What about Del?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:21 PM   #110
hoopsguy
General Manager

Consider me displeased with Del Negro for the Bulls job. I was wary of the years/dollars being thrown at D'Antoni, as I thought there was a pretty good chance we would learn Nash made him (not the other way around). I was pretty OK with the Collins hiring, although anyone who thought about it hard realized this was not a 4-5 year solution. But bringing in a guy with zero coaching experience just doesn't seem like the right play given the way this team treated Boylan last season.

I'll be an interested observer, but I really think that the bizarre Paxson/Reinsdorf seven-week coaching search has been a disaster. The roster has some pieces with value. The team has the #1 pick in the draft. A good GM + coach should be able to make a 15-20 win jump next season in the East (33-49 this season) but I don't think the Bulls have that combo.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:27 AM   #111
miami_fan
Coordinator

Today is the last day that underclassman can withdraw from the draft as long as they have not signed with an agent.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #112
Radii
Head Coach

As I come to post the link to the article that begins with "Ellington/Green to return to UNC" with no confirmation on lawson yet, it changes to "Lawson, Ellington, Green withdraw from draft, to return to UNC"

I really thought Lawson was gone, wow, soooo happy

Texas' AJ Abrams and Memphis' Robert Dozier also going back to college.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #113
MrBug708
Head Coach

Luc Richard decides to stay in the draft. UCLA just lost two top 5 defenders in one fell swoop of an offseason
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:04 AM   #114
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Luc Richard decides to stay in the draft. UCLA just lost two top 5 defenders in one fell swoop of an offseason

Just doesn't make any sense to me. I fear Luc won't even be drafted. You need at least a semblance of an offensive game to make it in the league. I mean, even NBA scrubs scored big or at least pretty good in college. Luc was very limited in college on offense. He might average 2 points as a pro next year--if he gets 20 mpg from someone due to injuries.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:11 AM   #115
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Just doesn't make any sense to me. I fear Luc won't even be drafted. You need at least a semblance of an offensive game to make it in the league. I mean, even NBA scrubs scored big or at least pretty good in college. Luc was very limited in college on offense. He might average 2 points as a pro next year--if he gets 20 mpg from someone due to injuries.

I dont think he cares if he plays in Europe. He seems destined to end up back in Cameroon anyways. He's 6 classes from graduating
Old 06-17-2008, 06:03 AM   #116
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Utah Jazz had Harpring and Korver go under the knife in the offseason. They are really interested in C Roy Hibbert and drafting him.

They have 13 out of their 14 players under contract coming into next season. They are making a qualifying offer to C.J. Miles.

For a team that normally leaves that 15th spot open on their roster, they may fill it this time, however O'Connor will do it kicking and screaming.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #117
miami_fan
Coordinator

Here is the list of 39 underclassman staying in next week's draft

Joe Alexander West Virginia
Ryan Anderson California
Darrell Arthur Kansas
D.J. Augustin Texas
Jerryd Bayless Arizona
Michael Beasley Kansas State
Keith Brumbaugh Hillsborough CC (FL)
Mario Chalmers Kansas
Chris Douglas-Roberts Memphis
C.J. Giles Oregon State
Eric Gordon Indiana
Jamont Gordon Mississippi State
Donte Greene Syracuse
Kalen Grimes Missouri
Richard Hendrix Alabama
J.J. Hickson North Carolina State
George Hill IUPUI
Reggie Huffman Alabama-Birmingham
Shawn James Duquesne
Davon Jefferson Southern California
DeAndre Jordan Texas A&M
Kosta Koufos Ohio State
Brook Lopez Stanford
Robin Lopez Stanford
Kevin Love UCLA
O.J. Mayo Southern California
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute UCLA
JaVale McGee Nevada
Kojo Mensah Duquesne
Trent Plaisted Brigham Young
Bruce Price Tennessee State
Anthony Randolph LSU
JaJuan Robinson Lincoln (PA)
Derrick Rose Memphis
Brandon Rush Kansas
Walter Sharpe Alabama-Birmingham
Marreese Speights Florida
Bill Walker Kansas State
Russell Westbrook UCLA
Old 06-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #118
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Surprised James Johnson from Wake Forest didn't declare. Guess he wants to wait knowing that he can be a lottery pick with a great year next year.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:00 AM   #119
miami_fan
Coordinator

What is the deal with Davon Jefferson out of USC? Why was he is such a hurry to leave school? I don't think I have seen a player makes such a bad call when it comes to entry into the draft in a long time. Statistically, he had an average FR season. He reportedly came to the pre draft camp out of shape and was among the most unimpressive players there. Oh yeah and he hired an agent so he is stuck. At this point, most of the mock drafts have him in the 2nd round or even undrafted. USC can't be that bad.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:14 PM   #120
bhlloy
Coordinator

Ugh... I don't get Jefferson leaving early either. Probably the usual mix of stupid kid and lying agent.

He's athletic and has some potential, but he's only 6'8, he's kind of soft and the fact that he only showed up to play in maybe one out of every three SC games last year isn't going to sit well with NBA scouts.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:17 PM   #121
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - he was also a 21/22 year old freshman. Which makes his average freshman year even more unimpressive.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #122
MrBug708
Head Coach

He probably wouldn't be eligible to come back...
Old 06-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #123
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
As part of a trade Szcerbiaks expiring salary matches anyone, plus picks. And then you take some heinous contracts for the other Cavs expirings. I agree that the talent level is obviously not there, but I've seen some fucked up trades over the past 3-4 years....I don't think I'm thinking out of line here.

Iverson-1 good player, scrubs, exp deals picks
Vince Carter-scrubs, expirings picks
Garnett-1 good player, expirings, picks
Ray allen-1 draft pick, not even expirings
Sheed-Expirings, picks
Gasol-shitbox expiring, picks,

And so on.

I guess in short obviously I know there is a major talent gap on any trade the cavs can make this offseason, but in reality it may just happen.

NBA trades have shown time in time again that it's not always about talent, it's also about the bottom line. With sterling as a cheapass mofo, I think he'll trade Brand for 50 cents on the dollar, as long as he can save 15-20 million.

I'm probably just living in a dream world, but I feel I've followed the league enough to consider my thoughts definitely within the realm of possibility.

Maybe the Pacers can give you Jermaine O'Neal for Szcerbiak and Snow. If there's a way the Pacers could include Troy Murphy or Jamaal Tinsley for another expiring contract that would be great too.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #124
Swaggs
Coordinator

Any of you NBA junkies hearing much about Joe Alexander out of WVU?

I'm a very casual NBA fan (probably watch less than 30 games a year), but am excited by the prospect of WVU having an NBA player. Although we have had some guys drafted, I think it has been more than 20 years since we have had a player suit up for an NBA game.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:47 AM   #125
MrBug708
Head Coach

Alexander could go as high as the Knicks, but it's unlikely. They seem to be trying to decide on Westbrook or Randolph.

Laker fans are calling in the radio stations here with trades for Odom. They seem to want either Brand, Marion, or even Artest. Artest, Kobe, and Phillip. That would either be brilliant or a disaster...
Old 06-23-2008, 06:46 PM   #126
Racer
College Benchwarmer

According to the Indy Star, the Pacers and the Raptors are currently discussing the possibility of trading Jermaine O'Neal to the Raptors for T.J. Ford, Radoslav Nesterovic, one other player to make the deal work, and possibly the 17th pick in the draft. Doubt it will happen. I'm not sure what to think about it if it does (O'Neal has 2 years left on his contract while Ford has 2 plus a player option). The main thing I want Larry Bird to realize is that the Pacers need to rebuild.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:19 AM   #127
mckerney
Coordinator

Rumors that the Wolves could get the #2 pick to take Beasley and get rid of Corey Brewer? Let that happen, plz k thx.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:50 AM   #128
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

lmao@ C.J. Giles entering early. The only question left for Giles to ask is "Mild, Hot, or Fire sauce?". Scrub.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:10 AM   #129
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Great read on Len and Jay Bias from ESPN.

22 years since Len Bias passed away.

hxxp://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=bias

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 06-25-2008 at 05:11 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #130
Racer
College Benchwarmer

The Raptors have agree to trade T.J. Ford, Rasho Nesterovic, another player, and the 17th overall pick to the Pacers in exchange for Jermaine O'Neal pending that everyone is able to pass a physical (which is no guarantee). Probably a good deal for both teams.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:40 PM   #131
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
The Raptors have agree to trade T.J. Ford, Rasho Nesterovic, another player, and the 17th overall pick to the Pacers in exchange for Jermaine O'Neal pending that everyone is able to pass a physical (which is no guarantee). Probably a good deal for both teams.

I like the deal for both teams. I think JO's offense is very similar to Bosh and Bargnani's (face up jump shooters), but he does have legitimate defensive talent unlike the other two. I assume Bargs can't play the 3 spot, so that will likely move him to the bench, but it does give Toronto a formidable frontcourt. Also, with Jose Calderon, Ford was expendable.

For Indy, they just needed to put the rebuilding project into full steam ahead and this did it. Ford is kind of similar to Tinsley, but younger and much much quicker. Maybe they can package their two picks and move and grab a real impact player in the draft, if not maybe they can hit it big with one of the two selections. Maybe something like Gallinari at 11 and Darrell Arthur at 17.

The biggest factor in who wins with this trade is health. Both of the main pieces of the trade are VERY injury prone. Whoever can stay the healthiest wins the trade IMO.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #132
Groundhog
Coordinator

My lottery mock draft:

1 - Bulls - Derrick Rose. I think Rose's outstanding play in the tourney has made everyone forget how good Beasley is. Rose has great potential, but is he an impact player from day 1? Beasley looks like a safer pick at #1 to me, but I'd be happy with either one if I were a Heat or Bulls fan.
2 - Heat (or not?) - Michael Beasley. Apparently Miami are looking to trade the pick and grab a guard, assuming Rose goes first. I think they'd be better off getting the biggest talent in the draft and keeping him.
3 - TWolves - OJ Mayo. About 5 guys could go here. Mayo gives them another combo guard, but he's a safer selection than Love or Lopez, and I think it's too early for Bayless.
4 - Sonics - Brook Lopez. Sonics have drafted quite a few bigmen in recent years, and none have amounted to being anything close to a starter in the middle. Lopez's ceiling is probably just 'above-average starter', but even that's tough to find for bigmen. Bayless or Mayo are the other options if they go for guards.
5 - Grizzlies - Kevin Love. Grizzlies need size and would probably take Lopez over Love if he is available. I can't see them picking any other position unless they draft the best player available, in which case it might be Bayless.
6 - Knicks - Jerryd Bayless. The Knicks add another non-true PG to their roster, but when you're as bad as the Knicks you should just grab the best talent you can and work with it, and Bayless is that guy. Should be a good fit in the offense the Knicks will be running next season.
7 - Clippers - Russell Westbrook. Would've preferred Bayless, but Westbrook gives them a local guy with a lot of potential. Much like Bayless and Mayo before him, will need to show he can run the PG spot.
8 - Bucks - Danilo Gallinari. Everyone has them taking a SF and I see the logic in that, but I think the Bucks will be looking to rebuild this offseason, so taking the best player available is probably the best choice they could make. Just so happens that it's SF Gallinari.
9 - Bobcats - Eric Gordon. Gordon could go higher or could fall to the late lottery. Doesn't really fit a great need for the underachieving Bobcats, but for a similar reason to Milwaukee they'd be best served to grab the best guy left on the board.
10 - Nets - Alexis Ajinca. All I know about this guy is that his stock has shot up like crazy over the past few weeks. He's probably not ready yet but someone is going to take him high and it might be the Nets, who figure to look big.
11 - Pacers - Brandon Rush. Augustin was probably locked here before the T.J. Ford trade, and may still fall here if the trade falls through, but I think the Pacers know that your chances of drafting a starting quality rookie at this point in the draft are low. Rush is a guy that lots of teams picking below this pick would have hoped to still be on the board.
12 - Kings - Joe Alexander. Kings have bigger needs, but might be tough to pass on Alexander here. Could go as high as #8.
13 - Trailblazers - DJ Augustin. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Blazers use this pick and pick #27 to try and move up and get a guy like Westbrook, but failing that they might get a steal in Augustin, who could be a top 10 pick. The Pacers opted for Ford over Augustin with their trade, which could mean that they either didn't think Augustin was a starter from day 1, or that they didn't think he'd still be there. Either way, this would be a pretty solid value pick for the low lottery.
14 - Warriors - Anthony Randolph. Lots of options for the Warriors, especially with bigs. Koufas, Arthur, Speights, McGee, and Hickson are all possibilities here, but the sheer potential of Randolph might be too much to pass on. DeAndre Jordan might be an option, but his lack of performance at the college level will probably scare them away.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:04 AM   #133
MrBug708
Head Coach

If Eric Gordon is there, I think the Clips take him.

There is a lot of talk about Marion for Odom trade
Old 06-26-2008, 12:34 AM   #134
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

No way Gordon drops to 9th.

No way Love goes 5th and Lopez goes 4th

No way alexander goes 12th
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:39 AM   #135
MrBug708
Head Coach

Supposedly Love got a near guarantee from Memphis that they were going to draft him. Of course, if Miami does something crazy and drafts Mayo, Memphis might move up to the 3rd spot and then bets are off.

Miami is messing up with what could very well happen
Old 06-26-2008, 01:13 AM   #136
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Gordon will go much higher than he should - he's a late lottery pick everyone is claiming is a top 5 talent. Alexander has been shooting up and could even go #4 at this point, and I like it.

I'm hoping Gary Forbes gets drafted 2nd round (there is some mocks with him late 1st) giving UMass a draftee for 2 straight years. But I'm also hoping it's not the Celtics who draft him. Under the right team/coach, he could be a great bench player and maybe even a rotation guy on a good team, but right now his game is much more suited to playing with scrubs and carrying them on his back.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:49 AM   #137
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
No way Gordon drops to 9th.

Then which players in my top 8 go behind him?

Quote:
No way Love goes 5th and Lopez goes 4th

In your opinion, that is. There's a lot of possible combinations of players who could wind up in the top 5, and Lopez-Love at 4 and 5 is hardly the most unlikely of them.

Quote:
No way alexander goes 12th

If Paul Pierce can go 10th, Alexander can go 12. All depends on how guard (or bigs) happy GMs go. It's a young draft and Alexander is one of several young "potential" guys that it's hard to get a lock on.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:21 AM   #138
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Here's my mock draft for fun.

1. Chicago Bulls – Derrick Rose PG
2. Miami Heat – Michael Beasley F
3. Minnesota Timberwolves – O.J. Mayo SG
4. Seattle Super Sonics – Brook Lopez C
5. Memphis Grizzlies – Kevin Love PF
6. New York Knicks – Russell Westbrook PG
7. Los Angeles Clippers – Jerryd Bayless PG
8. Milwaukee Bucks – Joe Alexander PF
9. Charlotte Bobcats – Anthony Randolph F (most overrated player in draft?)
10. New Jersey Nets – Danilo Gallinari SF
11. Indiana Pacers – Eric Gordon SG
12. Sacramento Kings – D.J. Augustin PG
13. Portland Trail Blazers – Brandon Rush SG
14. Golden State Warriors – Kosta Koufos C
15. Phoenix Trail Blazers – Robin Lopez C
16. Philadelphia 76ers – DeAndre Jordan C
17. Indiana Pacers – Darrell Arthur PF

I'm not a huge fan of Eric Gordon's NBA potential (he's like a 6-2 or 6-3 SG), but I think there is a great chance he will fall to the Pacers. Given the Pacers attendence woes last season, they'd be stupid to pass up the hometown hero even if Brandon Rush is a better fit for the Pacers offense.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:22 PM   #139
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Ugh, I hope the W's deal their pick. Or take Robin Lopez.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #140
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
3 - TWolves - OJ Mayo. About 5 guys could go here. Mayo gives them another combo guard, but he's a safer selection than Love or Lopez, and I think it's too early for Bayless.

It's not like any of the Wolves current combo guards are any good. Even with how unbalanced the roster is right now, they still have to build an entire team around Jefferson.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #141
bob
College Starter

The Milwaukee Bucks have agreed in principle to trade Yi Jianlian to the New Jersey Nets for Richard Jefferson, a highly placed league source told SI.com. Other players and considerations will be included to make the package work financially.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:27 PM   #142
MikeVic
Head Coach

Is that the Chairman?
Old 06-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #143
MikeVic
Head Coach

Dola,

I like the Raps trade too.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:38 PM   #144
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
The Milwaukee Bucks have agreed in principle to trade Yi Jianlian to the New Jersey Nets for Richard Jefferson, a highly placed league source told SI.com. Other players and considerations will be included to make the package work financially.

Wow. Ok, I'll give a mock draft a try:

1.Chicago-Derrick Rose Duh. Hometown kid, MVP potential.
2.Miami-O.J. Mayo Okay, I'm going M. Night Shymalan here. They already have Marion, and who is their point guard, anyway? Mayo/Wade backcourt ftw.
3.Minnesota-Micheal Beasley Kevin McHale shits himself.
4.Oklahoma City Barons-Brook Lopez Stanford woohoo! Really, though, both nbadraft.net and draftexpress changed Lopez from 9th to Charlotte to 4th to Seattle just a couple of days ago. I smell a source.

What the? Now the Clippers and Sonics have made a trade? Why are the Clippers picking 4th on nbadraft.net? Ok I have to put this on pause.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:39 PM   #145
duckman
Pro Starter

Sonics and Clippers have swapped picks. Sonics get an extra 1st in next year's draft.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:04 PM   #146
Logan
Head Coach

If the Nets are getting back expiring deals, that's a great move. They need to get under the cap.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #147
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post

I like the deal. Jefferson has a history of injury problems and Yi had alot of upside
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:14 PM   #148
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
They're getting Bobby Simmons, whose contract ends in 2010, when LeBron is a free agent. The Jiggaman-King Axis is one step closer to forming.

Jiggaman will be gone as soon as Bruce Ratner's dream is completely shattered, which has a 99% chance right now. The Nets are going to be playing in the Devils' new Prudential Center in a couple years.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:48 PM   #149
timmynausea
College Starter

Reading various articles, it sounds like the Bucks are down to Alexander and Randolph. A couple weeks ago, everyone around WVU was sure Alexander would be headed to Milwaukee, and all the mock drafts slid him into that 8 spot around the same time. Apparently that is a little less of a sure thing now. A Bucks official was anonymously quoted today as saying that years down the road this could be remembered as the Derrick Rose-Michael Beasley-Anthony Randolph draft. To me that suggests they are leaning that way.

Joe apparently thinks he will go 6th to the Knicks based on his workout for them a couple weeks ago, but I doubt that.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:36 PM   #150
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Jiggaman will be gone as soon as Bruce Ratner's dream is completely shattered, which has a 99% chance right now. The Nets are going to be playing in the Devils' new Prudential Center in a couple years.

We've been saying this for years now, haven't we? I wish the Brooklyn thing would just die and be done. No way an arena is ever going to get built around a bunch of skyscrapers in Brooklyn. Not unless it's the Dodgers coming back.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 06-26-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote