Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-01-2017, 07:14 PM   #51
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Yeah, but are those QBs better than Kizer?

I haven't seen him, so maybe he looks promising, but after the first game he's been terrible so far.

JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:33 PM   #52
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I haven't seen him, so maybe he looks promising, but after the first game he's been terrible so far.

I was surprised that he went in the 1st round, and really don't think he'll be good, but I'm not sure how much anyone can tell about a QB in Cleveland with 0 legit receiving options.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:50 PM   #53
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

This sucks. I almost want the Colts to win. In a survival pool with a prize of about 1500 bucks. As of now there are about 32 people left. I got lucky with the Cardinal winning to stay in. Of those 32 there are 23 that have the Seahawks tonight. A loss could really cut down those numbers...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 08:56 PM   #54
bhlloy
Coordinator

These measurements via review are absolutely fucking absurd. How can you possibly determine a matter of inches via camera angles that don't show you where the ball is on a level plane?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #55
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

So...is Andrew Luck completely untradeable? It's after the 2019 season before cutting him is feasible.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:07 PM   #56
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So...is Andrew Luck completely untradeable? It's after the 2019 season before cutting him is feasible.

So the guy the Pats traded Jacoby Brisset for had one catch today and four on the season.

Maybe the Pats should've asked for more?
Old 10-01-2017, 09:13 PM   #57
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Seahawks have to be worried about their offense. They play their best in the 4th quarter because that is finally when they open it up. They act like they still have Marshawn Lynch. Spread it out and let Wilson and the talented group of recievers make plays.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #58
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
So the guy the Pats traded Jacoby Brisset for had one catch today and four on the season.

Maybe the Pats should've asked for more?

I actually took this guy in daily fantasy college football one time. And this is what he put up. Whenever I watch him play I can only think of this performance.

NC State vs. Clemson - Box Score - October 4, 2014 - ESPN
Old 10-01-2017, 09:32 PM   #59
bhlloy
Coordinator

This entire crew should have gone to specsavers. That was completely obvious.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:00 PM   #60
cuervo72
Head Coach

Is it like, Halloween Hairdo day on the Seahawks' bench?
Old 10-01-2017, 10:15 PM   #61
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

This game is so interesting that at halftime I forgot it wasn't over and didn't tune back in until now.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:33 PM   #62
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Seahawks have to be worried about their offense. They play their best in the 4th quarter because that is finally when they open it up. They act like they still have Marshawn Lynch. Spread it out and let Wilson and the talented group of recievers make plays.

Their line isn't good enough to open up the offense. Wilson wouldn't make it through the season if they spread it out and opened up the offense full time. In a game against a team that had 6 sacks coming into this game they've given up 3 sacks and Wilson has been hit on 20% of his dropbacks.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:44 PM   #63
Suicane75
Coordinator

I don't watch a lot of Blake Bortles, but after seeing him today. How is he on an NFL roster? I don't even mean starting, I mean rosterable. He's so horrible. Half his throws are 5 yards from the receiver in any particular direction.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:53 AM   #64
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't watch a lot of Blake Bortles, but after seeing him today. How is he on an NFL roster? I don't even mean starting, I mean rosterable. He's so horrible. Half his throws are 5 yards from the receiver in any particular direction.

Because he's the Tom Brady of garbage time.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:54 AM   #65
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Real answer: the team has focused on improving its defense before replacing him. He's a lame duck QB and a half right now.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:13 PM   #66
Thomkal
Head Coach

Injuries from Week 4:

Injuries: Bills' Jordan Matthews to have thumb surgery - NFL.com

Atlanta breathing a sigh of relief over Julio Jones. Cardinals cursing their luck-yet another season ending injury to a starter-this time LB Marcus Golden

In other news, the Mike Glennon experiment is over for now. Mitch will get his first career start this week.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:05 PM   #67
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Rams drapes really do not match their carpet.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:39 PM   #68
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

As much progress as DC has made, tonight could be ugly. The Chiefs have decimated the Skins every time they've played for the last 2 decades. They're at home in a tough stadium to play in. Their offensive strength is the opposite of the Raiders and plays much more to the weakness of the Washington defense. And then there's just how phenomenally bad the Skins have been on Monday night for the entire Snyder era.

I'm hoping for a competitive game, but wouldn't be shocked by a 14+ point win.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:59 PM   #69
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Trubisky time in Chicago. Glennon to the pine.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:10 PM   #70
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

The key to winning in the NFL is to hire a young, first time head coach named Sean Mc_______.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:22 PM   #71
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The Rams drapes really do not match their carpet.

Spoiler

Last edited by molson : 10-02-2017 at 04:22 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:17 PM   #72
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I feel the Chiefs are a bit over valued right now especially their offense because of the Thursday night showing on opening night against the Patriots(who have shown thus far to have an historically bad defense). Chiefs have been outgained in 2 out of 3 games.

Taking the skins +7 and under 49 tonight.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:18 PM   #73
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Injuries from Week 4:

Injuries: Bills' Jordan Matthews to have thumb surgery - NFL.com

Atlanta breathing a sigh of relief over Julio Jones. Cardinals cursing their luck-yet another season ending injury to a starter-this time LB Marcus Golden

In other news, the Mike Glennon experiment is over for now. Mitch will get his first career start this week.

Can add Derek Carr to this list-out at least 2 weeks with a fracture in his back.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:21 PM   #74
bhlloy
Coordinator

I wonder if Carr isn't getting all the injury bad luck that his brother largely managed to avoid while being sacked a billion times a year in Houston. Tough break for a team that hasn't lived up to the hype and is in real danger of falling well behind the Chiefs and Broncos
Old 10-02-2017, 07:55 PM   #75
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Can replay actually get one right and overturn the fumble call?

Edit: YES!

Last edited by CrescentMoonie : 10-02-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:56 PM   #76
Edward64
Head Coach

I really like instant replays. Its hard to believe there were people who didn't want them at one time.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:00 PM   #77
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I only just learned of his existence, but something tells me 'Deuce Gruden, powerlifter' is this world's greatest douchebag.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #78
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I only just learned of his existence, but something tells me 'Deuce Gruden, powerlifter' is this world's greatest douchebag.

So far beyond douchebag that a new term should be invented.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:25 PM   #79
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Travis Kelce really is the next Gronk. Super talent, super moron.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:39 PM   #80
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Preston Smith is the Chiefs MVP tonight.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:57 PM   #81
cuervo72
Head Coach

Next Gronk? Kelce's a whole five months younger.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:59 PM   #82
bhlloy
Coordinator

I might just be pissed because Thompson is about to make me lose fantasy, but what on earth is Gruden thinking with the RB rotation for the Skins?

6.3 average on 3 carries and two monster weeks but clearly a rookie who can't hang on to the ball and a fat guy averaging around 2.5 are much better options
Old 10-02-2017, 10:13 PM   #83
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

The penalties this year are ridiculous. Every time the Redskins make a play the yellow flags give the Chiefs a re-do.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:13 PM   #84
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I might just be pissed because Thompson is about to make me lose fantasy, but what on earth is Gruden thinking with the RB rotation for the Skins?

6.3 average on 3 carries and two monster weeks but clearly a rookie who can't hang on to the ball and a fat guy averaging around 2.5 are much better options

1. Kelley is out again.
2. Perine had 3-4 good runs in a row before that flub.
3. Thompson has a career full of injuries and has shown, for years, that he cannot handle more than 12-15 total touches before getting hurt.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:14 PM   #85
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Penalties right now are 157 - 1.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:34 PM   #86
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Jonathan Allen in a headlock but no hold on the 37 yard pass. These refs are atrocious.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:48 PM   #87
bhlloy
Coordinator

I just lost two fantasy leagues on Andy Reid calling a timeout with 8 seconds left instead of 4, the Skins getting the ball back and then the fumble taken back for a score by KC.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:52 PM   #88
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

What a complete shit show for an ending. Why Andy Reid are you an assclown? Take the clock down to 4 seconds like every other coach. And fuck you refs for not calling the play dead on the illegal backwards pass.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:00 PM   #89
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

As always, the biggest ass clown move is the timeout in mid-kick by Jay "Shanahan" Gruden.

Still a complete dick move. I will always instantly root against any jackass that does it, even if it's my own coach.

Eat your loss, Gruden. Hope it tastes bitter.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:13 PM   #90
kingfc22
Head Coach

Let’s rip up that WAS +7 ticket. You’ve got to be kidding me. I turn the game off after the FG only to go online just now to see the final score. Brutal.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:17 PM   #91
bhlloy
Coordinator

When you think about it, that call by Gruden to go max protect and two guys to the end zone with easily enough time for the Chiefs to drive down with timeouts and score again is pretty damn stupid as well. Two yards there and you've given yourself a shot or two at the end zone and can still take the clock down to zero and tie it.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:22 PM   #92
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Let’s rip up that WAS +7 ticket. You’ve got to be kidding me. I turn the game off after the FG only to go online just now to see the final score. Brutal.

Was the first thing I thought when it happened. Not just bets but guarantee a few people won or lost their fantasy games because of that.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:37 PM   #93
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I remember a similar situation about 10 years ago. I know Pittsburgh was involved. In that instance however the refs must have called into Vegas and decided it would make more sense to make up a penalty after the game ended and didnt allow the meaningless score. Both instanced I have been on the wrong end of it. I had a weird feeling when Reid left the 4 seconds on the clock. Too much craziness can happen when the ball gets tossed around like a hot potato on the final play of the game.

Steelers vs Chargers in 2005. Palamalu returned the backwards pass for a TD but they reversed it in a very strange way about 2 minutes after the game was over.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...dg.htm#all_pbp

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-02-2017 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:10 AM   #94
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I remember a similar situation about 10 years ago. I know Pittsburgh was involved. In that instance however the refs must have called into Vegas and decided it would make more sense to make up a penalty after the game ended and didnt allow the meaningless score. Both instanced I have been on the wrong end of it. I had a weird feeling when Reid left the 4 seconds on the clock. Too much craziness can happen when the ball gets tossed around like a hot potato on the final play of the game.

Steelers vs Chargers in 2005. Palamalu returned the backwards pass for a TD but they reversed it in a very strange way about 2 minutes after the game was over.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...dg.htm#all_pbp
Steelers-Chargers Chaos Rattles Las Vegas - The New York Times

This one actually
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:21 AM   #95
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post

I know it wasn't, but that kind of ending makes it feel like the fix is in.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:23 AM   #96
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
When you think about it, that call by Gruden to go max protect and two guys to the end zone with easily enough time for the Chiefs to drive down with timeouts and score again is pretty damn stupid as well. Two yards there and you've given yourself a shot or two at the end zone and can still take the clock down to zero and tie it.

Yeah, but if Josh Doctson holds onto the ball in his hands, it's a 4 point lead instead of a tie and KC has to put it in the end zone in that time instead of kicking a FG.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #97
bhlloy
Coordinator

But if you get two yards you can take the clock down, take your shot with basically no time left on the clock and then kick the field goal with no time left.

And even if you don't get the two yards, at least you have made KC take another time out.

It's just passing up a relatively sure thing to get into OT for what, a 30% chance of a heave into single coverage? And then even if you get it, you've left KC enough time to get back down the field and win anyway against a defense who basically had nobody left healthy. It was an awful call, IMO.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:04 AM   #98
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Well the call was to go to Reed on that play, and he was open in the middle, but Cousins saw the TD and went for it. I'll always take that option and hope the 1st round pick can hold onto a ball he should catch 100 times out of 100.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:23 AM   #99
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Well the call was to go to Reed on that play, and he was open in the middle, but Cousins saw the TD and went for it. I'll always take that option and hope the 1st round pick can hold onto a ball he should catch 100 times out of 100.

+1

I won't fault Cousins for taking the opportunity to get the touchdown when it presented itself. You can't assume you'll get another chance like that.

Last edited by chesapeake : 10-03-2017 at 10:23 AM.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:34 PM   #100
Thomkal
Head Coach

Titans sign Brandon Weeden to a one year deal in case they need some help there if Mariota's injury is more serious than expected. Weeden better choice than Kapernick? Okay if you say so...