Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2016, 05:14 PM   #51
cuervo72
Head Coach

Geez, get a break to sit down at the tv and every matchup I see on my guide is shit. I think I'll watch a taped American Ninja Warrior.

cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:20 PM   #52
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa-Iowa St. at 6:30 is must see.

Clowns suck and got beat by Northern Iowa last week. Iowa needs to clean some things up on defense.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:47 PM   #53
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Iowa-Iowa St. at 6:30 is must see.

Clowns suck and got beat by Northern Iowa last week. Iowa needs to clean some things up on defense.

You need work on your marketing campaign if that is what makes this must see.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:52 PM   #54
tarcone
Coordinator

ISU about to kick a 34 yd FG to beat NW

3 seconds left

Old 09-10-2016, 05:52 PM   #55
tarcone
Coordinator

He doinked it off the left upright and it went through

Wow

Old 09-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #56
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
OSU ran a play on 4th down from midfield. They threw the ball down the field out of bounds and the clock ran out during the play.

The refs called "intentional grounding" and extended the game with an untimed down, giving Central Michigan an extra play.

The problem is that the half is not extended if the foul includes a loss of down on the offense. The game is over. There is NO untimed down. Again, you see this multiple times a year where the QB runs around and launches a ball to run time out. The game is never extended. Ever. Until today.

I have never seen intentional grounding called in a situation like that before, and it wouldn't be if the QB is running around like you said. He was in the pocket in this situation and was flagged. I think that's certainly not something that happens all the time, and certainly not on 4th down with no time left. This scenario is more complex than you're making it out to be.

Whatever the correct reading of the rule is, I think it's stupid for the offense to be able to commit a penalty to end the game. The opposing team deserves an untimed down in that case and the rules should reflect that.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:26 PM   #57
tarcone
Coordinator

5 B1G teams scored 50 or more today. Iowa to make it 6.

Go Hawks!!

Old 09-10-2016, 06:43 PM   #58
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa has had 11 OLinemen drafted in the last 10 drafts. More than any other program in the nation.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:07 PM   #59
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I have never seen intentional grounding called in a situation like that before, and it wouldn't be if the QB is running around like you said. He was in the pocket in this situation and was flagged. I think that's certainly not something that happens all the time, and certainly not on 4th down with no time left. This scenario is more complex than you're making it out to be.

Whatever the correct reading of the rule is, I think it's stupid for the offense to be able to commit a penalty to end the game. The opposing team deserves an untimed down in that case and the rules should reflect that.

Ok, maybe it's a "little" more complex. As far as the "whatever the correct reading of the rule is" part:

1 - I agree with you

2 - There is no "whatever" part. The rule is CRYSTAL clear and I've known it for a long time. It isn't even worded to where there can be confusion. We aren't talking the catch rule here.

3 - it doesn't matter. If the refs, the NCAA or the conferences and teams don't like the rule, change it. it's garbage a team lost a game like this.

4 - I really am not "angered" by this as much as flabbergasted. OSU isn't going to the playoff. They played like crap and are going to lose multiple games. Yet you have 6 guys making over 2k per game who don't get a judgement call wrong, they don't understand the rules of the game?

Sorry, that's just being terrible at your job. (I've calmed down as I've gotten older. They made a mistake, it didn't kill anyone. I don't think it is out of line, however, to expect the guys who are paid to enforce the rules to, ya know, get the rulings right.

Last edited by TroyF : 09-10-2016 at 07:10 PM.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:48 PM   #60
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Just from the start of the VT game it looks like the Tennessee from last week is the real Tennessee.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:11 PM   #61
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa up 28-3 at Half.
Defense still sketchy. Our CB opposite Thorpe winner King is getting lit up again.

Offense is doing well. CJ Beathard is one of the best QBs you have never heard of.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:00 PM   #62
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Just from the start of the VT game it looks like the Tennessee from last week is the real Tennessee.

And then the second quarter started. What a turnaround.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:11 PM   #63
cuervo72
Head Coach

That huge banner at the top of the screen is a bit distracting, ESPN.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:12 PM   #64
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
The opposing team deserves an untimed down in that case and the rules should reflect that.

Refs screwed up royally. Loss of down no way means free play. Apples and oranges.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:27 PM   #65
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok, maybe it's a "little" more complex. As far as the "whatever the correct reading of the rule is" part:

1 - I agree with you

2 - There is no "whatever" part. The rule is CRYSTAL clear and I've known it for a long time. It isn't even worded to where there can be confusion. We aren't talking the catch rule here.

3 - it doesn't matter. If the refs, the NCAA or the conferences and teams don't like the rule, change it. it's garbage a team lost a game like this.

4 - I really am not "angered" by this as much as flabbergasted. OSU isn't going to the playoff. They played like crap and are going to lose multiple games. Yet you have 6 guys making over 2k per game who don't get a judgement call wrong, they don't understand the rules of the game?

Sorry, that's just being terrible at your job. (I've calmed down as I've gotten older. They made a mistake, it didn't kill anyone. I don't think it is out of line, however, to expect the guys who are paid to enforce the rules to, ya know, get the rulings right.

This is probably the most egregious example I've seen of refs screwing up a game. This wasn't a judgement call or something missed during live action. This wasn't the refs misapplying a rule. This was the refs getting together and making a rule up.

There is no other way to put it than the refs decided the game.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:36 PM   #66
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

You might think App St was the worst team in FBS the way people were ripping apart Tennessee's win last week. App St is a good squad 50-75 out of all of the FBS teams. Tennessee should have won by more and didnt play their best but not enough credit was given to App St and their team.

Tennessee by the end of last year was one of the top 10 teams in the nation by the end of the year and returned much of that squad. Some of these comments being made about Tennessee have been entertaining. You might think they were the Dream Team and only beat China by 3.

The Tennessee preseason ranking didnt come from nowhere they were very good at the end of last year and returned much of that squad. Sorry about the rant but I am just confused as to why some people think they are soooo overrated right now.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 09-10-2016 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:41 PM   #67
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
You might think App St was the worst team in FBS the way people were ripping apart Tennessee's win last week. App St is a good squad 50-75 out of all of the FBS teams. Tennessee should have won by more and didnt play their best but not enough credit was given to App St and their team.

Vols looked like drizzling shit for the first five quarters of the season. And then like a top five team for a quarter after that.

Chubb looks like the 2nd Coming of YouKnowWho against UNC, gets turned rather pedestrian by Nichols State.

I think it may be that virtually every team is that flawed & schizophrenic this year, could we really be seeing Bama and the 39 Dwarves this year? Or will they have their epic oops down the road somewhere too?
Old 09-10-2016, 09:41 PM   #68
BYU 14
Coordinator

Pac 12 officials are still the worst in the game
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:42 PM   #69
tarcone
Coordinator

Tennessee is a bunch of athletes. But athletes do not mean they are a good team.

Talent wise, top 10? Yes.

Football team? Not close.

Last edited by tarcone : 09-10-2016 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:43 PM   #70
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
This is probably the most egregious example I've seen of refs screwing up a game. This wasn't a judgement call or something missed during live action. This wasn't the refs misapplying a rule. This was the refs getting together and making a rule up.

There is no other way to put it than the refs decided the game.

The story I've seen on this also noted that a different conference (Big 10? 12? somebody) crew had the replay booth ... and they didn't catch the error either.

On the one hand, reading the details, I don't know that I'd have seen the play & thought immediately "HEY, that's not right" ... but on the other hand, I don't get paid to know all the arcane bits of the rule book.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:44 PM   #71
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Tennessee is a bunch of athletes. But athletes do not mean they are a good team.

Talent wise, top 10? Yes.

Football team? Not close.

They ended last season by winning 7 out of 8 and played bama as well as anyone. Id be very shocked if they didnt end this season in the top 10.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 09-10-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:59 PM   #72
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Vols looked like drizzling shit for the first five quarters of the season. And then like a top five team for a quarter after that.

Chubb looks like the 2nd Coming of YouKnowWho against UNC, gets turned rather pedestrian by Nichols State.

I think it may be that virtually every team is that flawed & schizophrenic this year, could we really be seeing Bama and the 39 Dwarves this year? Or will they have their epic oops down the road somewhere too?

After watching what I have so far, this is kind of the impression I get. If you hate Alabama with the passion I do, it's looking like a pretty horrible year as far as the champion goes. There isn't another team I've seen thus far where I've thought: "they can give Bama a game"

Quite the opposite. I think Alabama would be every single team I've seen thus far by 30. I can only hope someone comes out of the dumpster fire (Clemson? Michigan? Ohio St?) to give them a game at some point this season.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:59 PM   #73
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa wins 42-3. In Heaven There is No Beer!

Iowa QB CJ Beathard 19/28 235 yards 3 TDs

Very nice win.

Iowa State is the worst team in FBS.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:01 PM   #74
tarcone
Coordinator

Go Arkansas!

Old 09-10-2016, 10:04 PM   #75
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
After watching what I have so far, this is kind of the impression I get. If you hate Alabama with the passion I do, it's looking like a pretty horrible year as far as the champion goes. There isn't another team I've seen thus far where I've thought: "they can give Bama a game"

Quite the opposite. I think Alabama would be every single team I've seen thus far by 30. I can only hope someone comes out of the dumpster fire (Clemson? Michigan? Ohio St?) to give them a game at some point this season.

Either Clemson or Florida State would give them a game right now. FSU will improve more than any of them as the season progresses IMO. In the SEC Tennessee, Mississippi and LSU(if they can fix the offensive issues) should put up a fight in which Jon mentioned bama tends to hiccup at some point.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:08 PM   #76
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Iowa wins 42-3. In Heaven There is No Beer!

Iowa QB CJ Beathard 19/28 235 yards 3 TDs

Very nice win.

Iowa State is the worst team in FBS.

Thought he(CJ) was suspended for putting crystal light in his beer? LOL

You are kind of taking away from Iowas win with your claim that Iowa State is so awful.

I believe Iowa State would beat Louisiana Monroe easily and a few other teams like that.

http://www.widerightnattylite.com/20...keyes-football

Last edited by jbergey22 : 09-10-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:11 PM   #77
tarcone
Coordinator

I dont know. ISU lost to UNI last week, 25-20. UNI is a very good FCS school, but not great.

ISU has a great WR. But not much else.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:17 PM   #78
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Go Arkansas!

Great game, great effort by the Razorbacks in beating #15 TCU in 2OT.

TBH, we shouldn't have won that game. TCU really exposed how weak our secondary (& special teams) was to big plays. But I'll take it.

QB Austin Allen has pleasantly surprised me for a first year starter. It took a couple years for his brother to really get going.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:24 PM   #79
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And speaking of college football, man, I'm beat.

Made the 4.5 hour trip to Sewanee, TN for today's game between the Tiger and visiting Washington & Lee.

My son's best friend from HS and another classmate are both part of that W&L squad, this is their closest scheduled game to us through next season. All in all, our two kids had at least 9 people in the stands which ain't too shabby afaic.

Down 17-0 after three quarters, somebody flipped the switch & the teams changed uniforms, with W&L pulling off a 21 point rally for the win.

Our two alums are getting mostly special teams action right now but had one tackle & a near decapitation between them.

It was a good day. Hot as hell, and I feel like I've been in a broiler, and woefully undercaffeinated & undernicotined ...but still, a good day.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:37 PM   #80
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Dear Vols,
FINISH this, please.

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:45 PM   #81
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And speaking of college football, man, I'm beat.

Made the 4.5 hour trip to Sewanee, TN for today's game between the Tiger and visiting Washington & Lee.

My son's best friend from HS and another classmate are both part of that W&L squad, this is their closest scheduled game to us through next season. All in all, our two kids had at least 9 people in the stands which ain't too shabby afaic.

Down 17-0 after three quarters, somebody flipped the switch & the teams changed uniforms, with W&L pulling off a 21 point rally for the win.

Our two alums are getting mostly special teams action right now but had one tackle & a near decapitation between them.

It was a good day. Hot as hell, and I feel like I've been in a broiler, and woefully undercaffeinated & undernicotined ...but still, a good day.

Sounds like an exciting day! They must be feeling good coming back from 17 down in the 4th.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:47 PM   #82
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Sloppy performance from Virginia Tech. Gift wrapped this one for the Vols.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:53 PM   #83
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sounds like an exciting day! They must be feeling good coming back from 17 down in the 4th.

I think they probably feel worse about ever getting into that position tbh. I'd figure they were at least a two TD fave going in, if not three or more.

Credit to Sewanee, they played largely mistake free for 3 quarters & W&L did very little at all that worked during that time. It was one of the strangest "flipped switch" games I've seen ... until Q1 vs Q2/3/4 of the Vols-Hokies.

But it really was exciting. I mean, I watched both those guys play from 5th grade onward. Cried with 'em on a couple of notable wins, cried for 'em a bit on a couple of tough losses. Nearly threw up watching both suffer serious injuries.

Just to see them live out that lifelong dream -- fuck the level, the dream was to keep playing at whatever the next level turned out to be -- that's special stuff.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:00 PM   #84
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
5 B1G teams scored 50 or more today. Iowa to make it 6.

Go Hawks!!

Yes against the typical week two chumps. Not impressed.

Last edited by Galaril : 09-10-2016 at 11:00 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:14 PM   #85
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Announcement made that the Okie St/Central Michigan decision can NOT be overturned.

Hard to believe a ref crew could miss a call of this magnitude that actually cost a team a win.

It had always been. The half/game can NOT end of a DEFENSIVE penalty. I cant believe they couldnt have done something to correct this before that Hail Mary.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:17 PM   #86
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
The story I've seen on this also noted that a different conference (Big 10? 12? somebody) crew had the replay booth ... and they didn't catch the error either.

On the one hand, reading the details, I don't know that I'd have seen the play & thought immediately "HEY, that's not right" ... but on the other hand, I don't get paid to know all the arcane bits of the rule book.

I'm just not sure this is that arcane. Maybe it is to a fan (though I knew this rule), but to people who officiate the game it shouldn't be.

I'll just say this as my last word on it:

I am really, really, really sick and tired of commentators making statements like "OSU has nobody but themselves to blame, 1-11 on third downs, missed chances, it shouldn't have come to this, Central Michigan deserved to win the game, the rule should be. . . "

I've heard every tidbit I wrote above there. I'm sorry, stop using ridiculous rational to justify an officiating crew who didn't do their job properly. Oklahoma State has NOTHING to regret in that game. This isn't losing the game on a "subjective" call. They lost this game because the guys paid to know the rules didn't. Period. There is NO qualifier here. Central Michigan did not deserve to win that game unless you believe in moral victories. The game was over. Period.

There is only one story here. A game was taken away from the team that won it. There is zero reason or need to get into any other discussion point about this. As it is, I'm just happy OSU wasn't expected to be contending for a playoff slot. If a miracle happens and OSU loses one more game, wins the conference title and happens to be in the discussion for the playoffs, this game needs to be looked at as a win by the committee. Anything less would just add to the disgrace that happened today.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:22 PM   #87
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm just not sure this is that arcane. Maybe it is to a fan (though I knew this rule), but to people who officiate the game it shouldn't be.

I think maybe that's the subtle line here: I agree with you that it shouldn't be arcane to them ... but the reality appears to be that it actually is.

Maybe college football has simply reached the same point that I believe high school football in Georgia reached a few years ago: too many teams = too many games = insufficient number of competent crews to go 'round
Old 09-10-2016, 11:23 PM   #88
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Announcement made that the Okie St/Central Michigan decision can NOT be overturned.

Hard to believe a ref crew could miss a call of this magnitude that actually cost a team a win.

It had always been. The half/game can NOT end of a DEFENSIVE penalty. I cant believe they couldnt have done something to correct this before that Hail Mary.

I knew it wouldn't be able to be overturned. Once the guys paid to know the rules screwed it up, it was done. I've seen the OSU AD's tweets, btu I don't understand them. Be pissed off at the refs, be VERY pissed off at the refs, but don't expect the outcome to be changed. Even on something as obvious as this, it isn't going to happen.

After the Lions game last year and this one, I'll tell you what shocks me more than anything: These teams are paying God knows how much salary to their coaching staffs, video coordinators, long snapping coaches. . . why the hell wouldn't they have someone on the sideline who knows that rule book inside and out? I don't get it.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:23 PM   #89
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'll just say this as my last word on it:

I am really, really, really sick and tired of commentators making statements like "OSU has nobody but themselves to blame, 1-11 on third downs, missed chances, it shouldn't have come to this, Central Michigan deserved to win the game, the rule should be. . . "

I've heard every tidbit I wrote above there. I'm sorry, stop using ridiculous rational to justify an officiating crew who didn't do their job properly. Oklahoma State has NOTHING to regret in that game. This isn't losing the game on a "subjective" call. They lost this game because the guys paid to know the rules didn't. Period. There is NO qualifier here. Central Michigan did not deserve to win that game unless you believe in moral victories. The game was over. Period.

There is only one story here. A game was taken away from the team that won it. There is zero reason or need to get into any other discussion point about this. As it is, I'm just happy OSU wasn't expected to be contending for a playoff slot. If a miracle happens and OSU loses one more game, wins the conference title and happens to be in the discussion for the playoffs, this game needs to be looked at as a win by the committee. Anything less would just add to the disgrace that happened today.

Sometimes I dont always agree with your hardline stances on things but this time I agree with you 100 percent. OKi St set up their end of the game strategy around knowing this rule and the refs just basically screwed them over.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:38 PM   #90
TroyF
Coordinator

Back to the games. . . This Arizona State/Texas Tech game may not be done until sometime next week. It's now 44-41 Arizona State with over 8 minutes left in the third quarter.

The Texas Tech QB is 28-34 for 397 yards, 4 TD's, 0 INT's. He's added another 20 yards rushing. Amazingly, no receiver has 100 yards. 11 guys have catches. There has been 848 total yards of offense so far.

I'll repeat, there is still over 8 minutes left in the third quarter.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:39 PM   #91
TroyF
Coordinator

Also in Arizona tonight. . . Grambling is up 21-3 on Arizona at halftimes.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:52 PM   #92
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Sometimes I dont always agree with your hardline stances on things but this time I agree with you 100 percent. OKi St set up their end of the game strategy around knowing this rule and the refs just basically screwed them over.

Actually they didn't set it up around knowing this rule. The OKSt coach admitted he didn't even think about getting flagged for intentional grounding.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:01 AM   #93
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Also in Arizona tonight. . . Grambling is up 21-3 on Arizona at halftimes.

Arizona has looked awful thus far this season
Old 09-11-2016, 12:29 AM   #94
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Back to the games. . . This Arizona State/Texas Tech game may not be done until sometime next week. It's now 44-41 Arizona State with over 8 minutes left in the third quarter.

The Texas Tech QB is 28-34 for 397 yards, 4 TD's, 0 INT's. He's added another 20 yards rushing. Amazingly, no receiver has 100 yards. 11 guys have catches. There has been 848 total yards of offense so far.

I'll repeat, there is still over 8 minutes left in the third quarter.

Might want to key on that #7 player moving forward. 8 TD's tonight
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:51 AM   #95
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually they didn't set it up around knowing this rule. The OKSt coach admitted he didn't even think about getting flagged for intentional grounding.

Im sorry, but this is one of those "irrelevant" parts of this discussion along with a lot of the other garbage being thrown around. I know you were replying to a poster, but it really doesnt matter.

The only, single, solitary thing that matters here is the refs screwed this up. They did not follow the rules correctly and decided the outcome of the game. There is no other story here and it is the only thing bothering me about this.

What I have a tough time with is all of the analysis trying to pretend an injustice did not occur. Just say that OSU took one up the rear end. Tell your viewers they won the game and had it taken away because of a mistake. That is it. No more analysis necessary.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:40 AM   #96
Butter
Coordinator

Troy, you're just going to have to deal with the fact that most people aren't angered about Oklahoma State's predicament.

In fact, if there is such a thing as civil disobedience by football referees to allow that play while still knowing the rule says the opposite, I'd be OK with it.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:20 AM   #97
tarcone
Coordinator

What did the QB do to get the penalty? I cannot find that highlight anywhere.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:38 AM   #98
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Troy, you're just going to have to deal with the fact that most people aren't angered about Oklahoma State's predicament.

In fact, if there is such a thing as civil disobedience by football referees to allow that play while still knowing the rule says the opposite, I'd be OK with it.

We will disagree on the second part in a big way. The refs job is not to make the rules. It is to call them as the rule book intends.

As for the first, I am not even that angered by Oklahoma State losing and I am a die hard fan of them. As I have said multiple times in this thread, they are not going to the playoff and this was not against OU, so I didnt even blink when I saw the score.

But I am angered by all of the posturing by people afterwards trying to justify what happened or trying to somehow blame OSU for losing a game they won. I think the catch rule in the NF l is a joke and I think the tuck rule is pure idiocy. . . That does not mean I think the refs should alter the rules because "that shouldnt be a rule" if they did do that, I would change the stance I had above and every one of them should be fired. I am about 99.9999999999 percent certain if your team lost due to a misapplication of the rules you wouldnt be ok with the refs making up their own rules.

Again, the loss is fine. It sucks, but it isnt changing the college football landscape. I do not see the need for everyone to try and justify what happened though. OSU won the game. The refs didnt do their jobs properly and the game was ripped from them. The End.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:46 PM   #99
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Im sorry, but this is one of those "irrelevant" parts of this discussion along with a lot of the other garbage being thrown around. I know you were replying to a poster, but it really doesnt matter.

Why doesn't it matter? Someone made a claim that was incorrect and I pointed that out. I never said the call was correct. Based on the rules, Oklahoma State deserved to win the game. But I want to discuss it beyond that simple level and I'm not sure why that bothers you so much.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:48 PM   #100
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, the ruling was wrong, but it was just.

Last edited by JPhillips : 09-11-2016 at 12:48 PM.
JPhillips is online now   Reply With Quote