Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #51
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Rank in order of your personal hatred: Tebow, Spurrier, Wuerrfel, Meyer, the mascot.

They're all in the past, so I don't really care enough to hate any of them. We just beat Spurrier, and he's a shell of himself anyway. Except Tebow, since he was drafted by my favorite team. If he was on another team, I probably wouldn't pay any attention. But now, it's personal.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #52
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
I think that's a stretch. After all, that would mean whoever hired that guy was a good judge of how well someone could judge another persons ability to judge talent. Just seems like a lot to ask of that guy.

WTF? Any moron on the street can be a good judge of of how well someone could judge another person's ability to judge talent. Duh.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #53
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post

This.

If I end up drafting him in the 12th round or so, I will not say his name.

Uhm, I'll take Neckbeard. Oh, and the vannawhite/sticker bitch will KNOW who I mean without further clarification.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #54
TroyF
Coordinator

I don't get the hate for either Orton or Tebow. Here are my thoughts on both and what the Broncos should do, take them for what you will:

Orton: I agree that he is like Dilfer. he's an above average QB who could succeed in a system where he has everything around him. I think the Jets would be my Super Bowl favorite if he's playing for them rather than Mark Sanchez. The problem is Orton isn't going to make those 3 to 5 special plays a game to be in the elite QB class. Manning, Brady, Rogers, Brees, etc. all make a few plays every game where you jump out of your chair. Orton doesn't make those plays. He does EXACTLY what a QB should do most of the time. But that's only good enough to win a title if he's surrounded by a team with ridiculous talent around him.

Tebow: I think Tebow is one of the rare guys whose winning percentage will always be better than how he plays. Look, I know I'll get heat for this, but the reality is Vince Young was headed to being a winning QB before he imploded mentally and I think Tebow is a better QB than Young. I know that in this day and age of advanced stats, we want to not only have a great player but also have him look great in the advanced metrics to prove he's good. Tebow will never be that guy. (being from Denver, I know a lot of people used advanced metrics to show John Elway was overrated as well, something I found to be absurd even before the last few years of his career)

Tebow is never going to look real good in practice or when compared to a QB with solid fundamentals. It just won't happen.

So what does that mean for the Broncos? Well, for starters, they don't have a great team of talent and won't for the next couple of years, so what's the point of Orton? He isn't going to be the long term guy. Get rid of him.

They aren't going to know what they have in Tebow on the practice field. So play him. Like it or not, you wasted a first round pick for him. What's the WORST that can happen? You suck horribly next year and get Andrew Luck for four years and 22 million? Are you kidding me? That is if Tebow sucks beyond belief and the team collapses.

A lot of things make me scratch my head in this. First off, I'm really sick of all the people wishing Tebow would fail. Why? Because he had success at Florida? Because he has hype? Because he's not going to blow a hole in his leg in a nightclub? People seriously need to put a sock in it.

Second off, EVERYONE knew Tebow was a project when he was picked. Yet Hodge decides to grade him out as if he's a finished product. Yeah, we know Tebow isn't going to win a fundamentals competition. This is really a shock? I mean how much do you get paid to throw out that sensational analysis?

Third, everyone has just made up their minds on the guy. The comments I hear all over are "I can't wait until he starts so he can show how much of a failure he is" (ummm, yeah, he's a failure as a football player, his Heisman and national titles prove it), "I can't wait until he starts so he can show he's a pro bowler" (ummmm, yeah, he's victory against the Houston Texans shows he's going to win multiple Super Bowls and be a pro bowler. Good call.

I'm so sick of both sides that I just want to see what he does now.

Orton is in a no win situation. They could start of 6-0 (like he did one other time with the Broncos) and people will still be pissed off, booing him and waiting for him to fail.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #55
Ksyrup

Tebow was a phenomenal college QB and by all accounts, a better person. It's really nothing personal. If he came from OU, I'd probably still have doubts about his ability and be pissed the Broncos wasted a #1 on him, but I'd be curious to see what he could do. But the fact is, he played at UF, and I rooted hard against him for 4 years, and withstood so much hype that I have absolutely no interest in rooting for him. I physically can't make myself do it.

I don't even care if the Broncos waived him today and he became the second coming of Joe Montana with the Raiders, I'd be happier than if he played another down for the Broncos. I just don't want to root for him. And because of that, the only option I have is to hope he fails. Because otherwise, he stays longer.

This is where I am these days. College football means way more to me than the NFL. I've pretty much lost all my (waning) enthusiasm for rooting for the Broncos because of this.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #56
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Tebow was a phenomenal college QB and by all accounts, a better person. It's really nothing personal. If he came from OU, I'd probably still have doubts about his ability and be pissed the Broncos wasted a #1 on him, but I'd be curious to see what he could do. But the fact is, he played at UF, and I rooted hard against him for 4 years, and withstood so much hype that I have absolutely no interest in rooting for him. I physically can't make myself do it.

I don't even care if the Broncos waived him today and he became the second coming of Joe Montana with the Raiders, I'd be happier than if he played another down for the Broncos. I just don't want to root for him. And because of that, the only option I have is to hope he fails. Because otherwise, he stays longer.

This is where I am these days. College football means way more to me than the NFL. I've pretty much lost all my (waning) enthusiasm for rooting for the Broncos because of this.

I admittedly like pro sports more than college sports. . . but my hatred of players that don't go to schools I like has been done for a long time. I hope Sam Bradford has a long and successful NFL career. I cheered for Grant Hill (and you have no idea how much I hate Duke) My analysis may get biased if I really hate a player as an individual, I'll fully admit it. But to make a decision that I'll never cheer for a player because he """GASP""" chose a college that was one I hated? Umm, no, I'm not going to do that.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #57
Ksyrup

It's a unique situation. I can't say I've ever had this happen before. And maybe this is just my way of putting the NFL on the shelf or something, I don't know. All I know is, I rooted for him to fail for 4 years, was pissed the Broncos took him so high, don't think he will be a good NFL QB, and the combination of all of that leaves me wishing he played for another team and unable to root for him to succeed with the Broncos. I wish he was Josh McDaniels' property, not the Broncos.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #58
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Tebow was a good college QB but his holier than thou routine is beyond annoying. The favorite story I heard was that he stood up before the Wonderlic test and asked that everyone should bow their heads in prayer before the test began and someone else who was taking the test in the same session told him to STFU.

He will not amount to anything but an emergency backup in the NFL.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #59
CraigSca
Pro Starter

You know, it's interesting. I admit I haven't followed college football much beyond watching Maryland the past few years. Too many things with family, the house, etc., taking up my weekends.

However, I've often wondered why there's so much hatred towards Tebow. I mean, he's obviously a man of conviction, and we usually hold that in high regard. I know that Christianity/monotheism, is pretty much the whipping boy around here, but I'm really not sure that the hatred equals his "crime". Considering the number of real crimes committed by athletes and the love and adoration that ensues when that player performs well on the field, it just doesn't make sense to me.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:25 PM   #60
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
You know, it's interesting. I admit I haven't followed college football much beyond watching Maryland the past few years. Too many things with family, the house, etc., taking up my weekends.

However, I've often wondered why there's so much hatred towards Tebow. I mean, he's obviously a man of conviction, and we usually hold that in high regard. I know that Christianity/monotheism, is pretty much the whipping boy around here, but I'm really not sure that the hatred equals his "crime". Considering the number of real crimes committed by athletes and the love and adoration that ensues when that player performs well on the field, it just doesn't make sense to me.

JEALOUSY
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #61
JediKooter
Coordinator

I don't really get the hatred for him, but, I don't watch college football or really care for college sports to begin with. So, who knows.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #62
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Think of the most over the top butt kissing job that you can imagine. Like Madden on Favre kicked up to 11. That's the kind of hype that was jammed down people's throats who watched Tebow on TV. It didn't help that he got talked about for four full years as were some athletes will get pushed for 2-3.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #63
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Two quotes from Tom Brennaman from the BCS title game between Oklahoma and Florida:

Quote:
If you’re fortunate enough to spend five minutes or 20 minutes around Tim Tebow, your life is better for it

and after Tebow earned a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for taunting Oklahoma’s defense, Brennaman claimed:

Quote:
That might be the first thing he’s ever done wrong

That sums up every Gator game that was televised and what ESPN was like for 4 years. It really was worse than Favre's coverage in how over the top the gushing was at every single thing he did.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #64
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
someone else who was taking the test in the same session told him to STFU.

Says more about the jackass. who did that than it does about Tebow afaic.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #65
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Two quotes from Tom Brennaman from the BCS title game between Oklahoma and Florida:

The former seems to be a strong consensus even from devout Gator haters (and there ain't exactly no love lost between me & denizens of the denim short capital of the world).

The latter seems more like a throwaway attempt at humor than anything else, considering the context it wasn't a horrible line. Certainly not a great one since it was so obvious, but it's impossible to hit a home run with every sentence in a 3.5 hour broadcast. Trust me, that can't be done even by the best of the best on their best night.

Quote:
It really was worse than Favre's coverage in how over the top the gushing was at every single thing he did.

{shrug} I never got even 1/10th of the Favre hatred either frankly. Annoying at times with the retired/unretired thing but otherwise the most overhyped thing about Favre for me was the constant drumbeat about him being overhyped.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #66
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Says more about the jackass. who did that than it does about Tebow afaic.

I know, no surprise coming from me, but, you do have to admit, that was rather pretentious of Tebow to assume a group prayer would be welcome before taking a test. A test. A prayer...before taking...a...test...and the Wonderlic test for that matter. Really? A test.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 08-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #67
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I know, no surprise coming from me, but, you do have to admit, that was rather pretentious of Tebow to assume a group prayer would be welcome before taking a test. A test. A prayer...before taking...a...test...and the Wonderlic test for that matter. Really? A test.

By all accounts (I mean, I've never met the guy, so 2nd/3rd hand is the best I've got to work with) I'd imagine it was sincere on his part, naive also, but sincere. I'm not gonna fault the guy for that, not even as someone who is pretty skeptical about some of the more notably devout characters in the sports world. (Yeah CMR, I'm talking about you).

And given the historic performance of some of these "college students" on the test, it certainly wasn't going to do any harm.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #68
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
By all accounts (I mean, I've never met the guy, so 2nd/3rd hand is the best I've got to work with) I'd imagine it was sincere on his part, naive also, but sincere. I'm not gonna fault the guy for that, not even as someone who is pretty skeptical about some of the more notably devout characters in the sports world. (Yeah CMR, I'm talking about you).

And given the historic performance of some of these "college students" on the test, it certainly wasn't going to do any harm.

I don't doubt that it was sincere and that's totally cool. And maybe he was thinking of how underwhelming some players have scored and maybe thought they could use any and all help, I'll concede that. But (and there always is), he should have kept his religion to himself and maybe the person that told him to STFU, could have been more diplomatic about it. He's young though, college educated, he'll figure it all out eventually.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #69
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
But (and there always is), he should have kept his religion to himself

And there's where we part company on the subject. (I'll spare the thread the distinction I draw between when it's appropriate/inappropriate, seems irrelevant to the discussion, at least beyond the point of acknowledging that there are cases where I'd deem it a bad call but I don't figure this to have been one of those)

Not likely that differing p.o.v. is a big shock to either of us at this point, so not much to see here I reckon. {shrug}
Old 08-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #70
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't mind the religion thing because I think it's actually legit with Tebow. Now I'm assuming it's voluntary and while odd to see before a test like that, at least it's from the heart. I only care when you hear a guy talk about how passionate he is about his religion and then is out cheating on his wife, doing drugs, or whatever else. It's just a front.

He seems like a good guy and if that helps him be a good guy, more power to him.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #71
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
And there's where we part company on the subject. (I'll spare the thread the distinction I draw between when it's appropriate/inappropriate, seems irrelevant to the discussion, at least beyond the point of acknowledging that there are cases where I'd deem it a bad call but I don't figure this to have been one of those)

Not likely that differing p.o.v. is a big shock to either of us at this point, so not much to see here I reckon. {shrug}

I feel you Jon (not that way).

Old 08-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #72
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Look up that wonderlic test and Tebow on the 'net - some people say he was only speaking to another guy from BYU about saying a prayer, others say he was speaking to the group while Tebow himself denies any of it happened.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #73
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I only care when you hear a guy talk about how passionate he is about his religion and then is out cheating on his wife, doing drugs, or whatever else.

You mean like reportely sleeping with over 100 different wominz out of wedlock in 4 years...reportedly including numerous multi amorous parties in Gainesville...

I'm not hatin' I'd shake his hand for that shit...but drop the walk on water crap.

All that said, I think TT is a good guy at heart and I hop he does well.

Last edited by CU Tiger : 08-05-2011 at 08:58 PM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #74
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Saw this today:

Quote:
The Tebow era in Denver may be over before it even gets started. The consensus in speaking with a handful of team personnel executives when it comes to one Tim Tebow is this: A trade could happen, but it's becoming increasingly likely the Broncos will keep or cut Tebow because the trade interest is dwindling rapidly. The executives portray the Tebow situation as a complicated one. They believe that while the Broncos are not openly trying to trade Tebow, they say that when teams have recently inquired about him, the Broncos haven't been saying he's off the trading block, either. Again, just to be clear, the Broncos aren't openly shopping Tebow but teams that have asked were told: Make us an offer we can't refuse.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #75
Ksyrup

Quote:
Make us an offer we can't refuse.

One slightly used sideline kicking net and 120% of our costs in producing our current stock of Tebow jerseys.

Broncos would make out like a bandit.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #76
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

The problem is they spent a 1st on him and I doubt anybody else thinks he's remotely worth that. He was a 3rd/4th round pick at best so it's Denver's fault for taking him that high. Most teams currently are at a stage to where they are set at QB for the year so unless there are injuries going around I doubt many are looking for what obviously looks like a back up QB.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #77
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Jesus Christ Claims Tim Tebow Not Ready To Be NFL Starter | The Onion Sports Network

Jesus Christ Claims Tim Tebow Not Ready To Be NFL Starter

August 20, 2011 |

Related Articles
David Stern Feels Uneasy In Presence Of Basketball Players
Report: Olympics Mathematically Likely To Happen This Year

DENVER—Jesus Christ, noted Son of God and football analyst proclaimed Monday that second-year Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow lacks the pocket presence, arm strength, and passing accuracy necessary to be a starter in the NFL. “Tim’s place is at the right hand of the other backups on the bench, and his earthly works show that he deserves to dwell there all the days of his life,” said Lord and Savior of all mankind, adding, ““It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for Tim Tebow to complete a pass against the Cover-2”. “For Tebow must have faith in coach Fox’s plan, and pay his dues by wearing the headset, and by calling in plays from the clipboard while watching from the sidelines.” Christ also asked Tebow to stop praying to Him and asking to be made the number one quarterback in the depth chart, claiming “that’s never going to fucking happen.”
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #78
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Isn't this the time that Tebow should step up and offer to become the best H-Back in the league?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #79
mckerney
Coordinator

Broncos officials see Tebow as fourth best QB in camp | ProFootballTalk

“If everything was totally equal, and this were a competition based only on performance at this camp, Tebow would probably be the fourth-string guy,” one source told Silver. “Kyle [Orton] is far and away the best, and Tebow’s way behind [Brady] Quinn, too. And I’m telling you, Adam Weber is flat-out better right now.”

Go Adam Weber!
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:19 AM   #80
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

15-yard penalty on Boomer Esiason for "piling on":

Quote:
Move aside, Merril Hoge. You now have competition as Tim Tebow’s harshest critic.

Boomer Esiason, the former Bengals quarterback and current CBS analyst, says Tebow has no business being an NFL quarterback, and just because Tebow was successful at Florida, that’s no reason to think he’ll ever be any good with the Broncos.

“He can’t play. He can’t throw,” Esiason said, via Mike McCarthy of USA Today. “I’m not here to insult him. The reality is he was a great college football player, maybe the greatest college football player of his time. But he’s not an NFL quarterback right now. Just because he’s God-fearing, and a great person off the field, and was a winner with the team that had the best athletes in college football, doesn’t mean his game is going to translate to the NFL.”

Esiason says he can’t imagine why the old coaching staff wanted Tebow and doesn’t see what good it does for the current coaching staff to keep him around.

“What Josh McDaniel saw in him God only knows. Maybe God does know — because the rest of us don’t,” Esiason said.

All indications are that Tebow’s job is safe, even though he may not even be the third-best quarterback in camp. But there are a whole lot of people watching Tebow who think the Broncos would be better off without him.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #81
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I guess I haven't followed closely, but what happened? Did he change his arm mechanic and lose arm strength/control? Still trying to use that slow-butt release, and getting killed? Is he not transitioning to the speed of the game?
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:03 PM   #82
DougW
High School Varsity

“Can you believe 15 ? Come on – that’s embarrassing. I mean, it’s a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn’t do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, ‘Come on – that’s your quarterback? Seriously?’ ”
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:05 PM   #83
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
“Can you believe 15 ? Come on – that’s embarrassing. I mean, it’s a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn’t do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, ‘Come on – that’s your quarterback? Seriously?’ ”

Who said that? Schwartz?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:06 PM   #84
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Who said that? Schwartz?

No. It was an "unamed" Detroit Lions defensive player.

Having watched the game, I can't necessarily disagree with that statement. It did get boring. As someone who savors every Lions victory - as they have been so rare and precious over the last decade - I found myself flipping to the Red Zone Channel during large portions of the 4th quarter.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:56 PM   #85
RainMaker
General Manager

That Broncos team is utter shit. I know Tebow was bad, but they couldn't block anyone and don't have much in terms of competent receivers or a running game.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:03 PM   #86
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just wondering ... did the unnamed Lions defender make similar comments when they got an even worse performance against them by Cassell earlier this year? Or is this just some jackass trying to be trendy?

You'd think that the Lions would be an awfully good opportunity for a feelgood story, instead, they seem to be determined to be as unlikable as possible.

I'm also reminded here of one of the rules of pro wrestling promos: never bury your opponent so badly that you don't leave yourself room to take any credit.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:05 PM   #87
RainMaker
General Manager

Don't worry, they'll be crying when they lose to a good team like they did against the Niners.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #88
Subby
lolzcat

The Big Lead has a good take on Tebow. He's five games in to his career and he doesn't have a top twenty RB, WR or OL on his team. Calm down.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:41 PM   #89
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Just wondering ... did the unnamed Lions defender make similar comments when they got an even worse performance against them by Cassell earlier this year? Or is this just some jackass trying to be trendy?

Probably closer to something that defensive players say on a regular basis. But since it's about Tebow, it's newsworthy.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #90
JediKooter
Coordinator

My opinion is (and not that it matters) is...it's way too early. He's on a crappy, crappy team.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #91
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
The Big Lead has a good take on Tebow. He's five games in to his career and he doesn't have a top twenty RB, WR or OL on his team. Calm down.

He doesn't have the skills for any of that to matter.

The sooner people realize that, the sooner the Broncos can start to go about the business of upgrading the talent across the roster, giving the next QB a team to work with.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:51 PM   #92
molson
General Manager

He should be a backup that can give a real different dimension and spark off the bench. No shame in that.

The guy had a great college career but even going into that year's draft he wasn't viewed as a 1st-rounder, much less a surefire NFL starting QB. And many, if not most clear 1st-round guys don't even pan out. The Teebow thing has just taken on a life of its own SINCE his career started, for some reason.

He'd be much better off backing up an established starter somewhere.

Last edited by molson : 10-31-2011 at 01:51 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:55 PM   #93
Ksyrup

As someone tweeted yesterday (paraphrasing): The question isn't whether the Broncos should put Tebow in an offense he's more familiar with that will take advantage of his strengths, it's whether he's a good enough QB to warrant the Broncos completely changing their offense/personnel to fit his style.

If they are going to make this work, they have to go all-in with him. And they hired John Fox. I think Tebow's ability to succeed in Denver was determined months ago.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-31-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #94
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Ultimately his ceiling is as a better Jim Jensen. He could easily be a very good contributor on many facets of the team. I don't think he can survive as the #1 QB on a bad team, he has shown nothing to suggest that. But if he were to go somewhere with an established starter, say NO, ATL, Pitts, NE, GB or the Giants I think he could become a very successful weapon.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #96
flounder
High School Varsity

So wait ... we're back on Tebow's side now? I'm getting whiplash.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:10 PM   #97
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
knowing where the receiver should be

Given the state of the Broncos, is anyone sure the receivers are where they're supposed to be?
Old 10-31-2011, 02:13 PM   #98
Ksyrup

When you are fixated on Eric Decker, your team officially sucks.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-31-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:35 PM   #100
korme
Go Reds

Merrill Hoge really likes Tim Tebow
korme is offline   Reply With Quote