Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-07-2003, 09:40 PM   #51
klayman
College Benchwarmer

The $0 transfer thing is a known problem. I don't know if it will be fixed in EP2 though.

I like the attachments, and the size is alright for me. If you want to add more, I'd say go ahead

Go Bulls!

klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 10:05 PM   #52
Radii
Head Coach

December 21st, 2002
#22 Nuneaton Borough at #15 Hereford

Nuneaton Borough is 1-3-14 with a -27 goal differential. Hopefully we will not have any trouble pulling this out without Guinan.

I am given a default reserve forward since Grant is my only other forward... I go ahead and put him in instead of falling to a 5-4-1.

Well, this is bad. We fall down 1-0 in the 19th minute as Nuneaton gets down the left side and scores on a tough volley.

28th minute a Nuneaton throwin is intercepted, Purdie with a long shot, saved for a corner. Two corners are cleared out, Parry gets a good shot from long range but it's saved easily.

44th minute Sawyers throws it away on a throwin, Nuneaton tries to counter, Baker has to make a great save...

It's halftime and we're down 1-0. We simply cannot lose this match. We sub out Pitman for Smith on the right midfield and turn up the attack... 1867 fans show up today.

61st minute a counter by Nuneaton leads to an easy goal... sigh.

I guess we shouldn't try to attack, 77th minute another counter, another wide open goal.

A win would have bumped us up to 13th... do we miss Guinan THAT badly?

L 0-3

8s: Williams, James
5s: Grant, Connolly(reserve)

Perhaps playing my reserve when I had a full 5-4-1 available to me was a mistake.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 10:11 PM   #53
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by klayman
The $0 transfer thing is a known problem. I don't know if it will be fixed in EP2 though.

I like the attachments, and the size is alright for me. If you want to add more, I'd say go ahead

Go Bulls!

Thanks for the info on the bug

It'll probably take a few seasons to really get the info to present down perfectly. We had followed Quicksand's lead so very well and had what I thought was the perfect level of information presented in our CM3 dynasties, I miss the print option
Old 04-07-2003, 10:20 PM   #54
Radii
Head Coach

December 26th, 2002
#15 Hereford at #17 Northwich Vics

Guinan has recovered quickly and is not listed as injured, but he's only at 58% he needs a few days of training first... I drop to a 5-4-1 with Grant up front.

it's dry and 37 on the road today, the players have got to love travel on the day after Christmas.

Northwich controls the posession early but no threats until the 40th minute... wow that was ass. a loose ball from 30 yards out, we had it, then they had it, a long bending shot gets over/by Baker and we're down 1-0.

1-0 at the half and we're really frustrated. 75th minute and there's no action at all.. we sub in fresh legs and switch to the long ball as our passing style on a whim.

The match ends with the 1 Northwich goal as the only 2d action of the day. 4 shots to 1 total, the goal was the only on target shot all day.

L 0-1
Old 04-07-2003, 10:27 PM   #55
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm fine with more attachments too but I'm on a high speed internet access so that is better for me.

What does the manual say, if anything, about bankruptcy?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 10:36 PM   #56
Radii
Head Coach

With Guinan back in action hopefully January won't start the same way December ended, that was frustrating 2 match period there...

Since I can't get any new players, I assign my scout to the next opposition.

January News

The Hereford board are very pleased with your performance as manager

No financial mention... I'm ok I guess?

FC Bayern Munchen's Bixente Lizarazu has won the World Player of the Year award

Zidane is the World Footballer of the Year.

Michael Ballack is the European Footballer of the Year.

Oliver Kahn is Euro Keeper of the year.

Kakhaber Kaladze is Euro Defender of the year from AC Milan.

Beckham is Euro Midfielder of the year

van Nistelrooy is Euro Striker of the year
Old 04-07-2003, 10:44 PM   #57
Radii
Head Coach

January 1, 2003
#13 Dag & Red at #16 Hereford

Happy New Year. A nice home game with our full squad ready to go to start the year. Its dry and 37 out today on Edgar Street as we try to get our unhappy financially worried strikers involved today.

21st minute horrid, horrid defense, we just got outrun... a 2 on 1 break on a counter and it's 1-0 dag and red, Baker had no chance.

43rd minute we get Grant 1 on 1 with the keeper, he makes a great save, and Grant was offsides.

1-0 at the half... we have a 2 shots to 1 edge and I think we're playing ok other than that one lapse.

63rd minute a near braek by Dag & Red but our defense gets back in time to force a tough shot this time...

We make our subs in the 75th and though its been folly in the past, we try an attacking mindset...

and, the game ends, no action. Is that 3 matches in a row without a goal?

L 0-1

3 scoreless matches, two at home, and 1 goal in our last 5. 5 losses in a row(4 league matches in a row).
We're now only 3 points ahead of Halifax for the final relegation spot, this is getting dangerous.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:54 PM   #58
Radii
Head Coach

January 4th, 2003
#20 Halifax at #17 Hereford

Well here we go. At home against the team in the final relegation spot, we're a mere 3 points above them. a must win if there ever was one. It is again 37 out on Edgar street today, as we play our last match under this tactic set, if we lose again it's time to make some changes.

We dominate posession, but no 2d action events all half. 3 total shots, all off target, 2 by halifax.

We're tired... subbing 3 fresh legs in at the half.

70th minute, a halifax free kick, crossed into a shot, baker with the save, a corner is cleared out... grant with a run on a little counter but it's 2 on 6 it seems. Grant tries a cross but there's just nothing there.

84th minute, Tretton gets a red card for kicking an opponent. We go a man down. @#@$#

90th minute a break for Halifax, 3 on 2, a pass forward, a shot, just wide.

Each team shoots 4 times, 1 time on target, and we are just not playing up to the level we were 2 months ago anymore.

0-0

Tretton is going to miss only one match, I issue a warning, no kicking other players please. If you're going to get a red card at least take out their star player in the process.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:06 PM   #59
Radii
Head Coach

January 8th, 2003
#16 Hereford at #18 Kettering

Our best shot for a road win yet as we beat these guys 2:0 at home early in the season. Andy Tretton serves his suspension today. It's dry and 37 out on the road today. Sure is 37 degrees a lot lately.

A boring 1st half...

47th minute we throw away a throwin and Kettering attacks. A cross from deep in the left corner and an easy goal for kettering, we trail 1-0.

Ben Smith goes off hurt in the 55th minute.

62nd minute we get a corner kick. Grant takes it, and that's an own goal heading the ball back!!!

uh holy wow. Im' not sure I know what just happened. Kettering scored about 10 seconds after the kickoff. We trail 2-1....

87th minute ... 3-1. gah.

L 1-3

We fall to 18th in an utterly average performance.

Luckily its bedtime. Tomorrow we'll have to look at some sort of formation or tactical change.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:21 AM   #60
condors
College Starter

avoid the drop!
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 08:07 AM   #61
Alf
Pro Starter

bankruptcy

I happened to me with CM3 when I was running Toulouse from National Div (which is the 3rd level in France).

The club was having financial problems, disallowing any transfer attempts, then in early January/February a new investor came in and inject 50 Millions of Euros ! That was a great thing.

Radii : Did you think of having some players sent to you via loans ? That was basically what I did when I played Toulouse. I had 80% of my team composed of loaned players.
Fulham in Engilsh Premier League is having 8 loaned players right now. So that can be an option.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:12 AM   #62
Radii
Head Coach

thanks, Alf, early in the season I had attempted to bring in a few players via loans without any success(the other team rejecting the offer, etc).

I haven't searched in awhile or tried to bring in anybody new via loan though, I was afraid I wasn't going to be allowed to bring on any new salary/expenses at all, I'll try again when I pick it back up tonight and see if I can't loan in some new players.

Im definitely hoping for the financial injection I've seen it happen with many teams in CM3, Hereford starts in CM4 with this really tiny roster of 16 players, none valued at more than $20K (around 12K english pounds I believe), and ~2 million in debt, so financially its been hopeless from the start. I'm just hoping to win games until the other shoe drops and the team gets bought out and hopefully we get that cash infusion like we would in CM3.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:36 AM   #63
condors
College Starter

Radii- i want to restart the game and play with hereford because of you, this debt really adds to the challenge, good luck and keep the updates coming
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 07:07 PM   #64
Radii
Head Coach

I look for some players to loan in and find little, I send my scout back through the UK and Ireland looking for more. I do make a loan offer for Chad Harpur, a keeper I was after earlier in the year.

Millwall accepts the loan offer, we have a match before this concludes though.

January 11th, 2003
FA Trophy 3rd Round
Altrincham at Hereford

This is a divisional side we're up against today.

I am switching to a 5-3-2 formation to see if that might have an effect on our results.

3rd minute a quick attack and a quick score! Danny Williams picks up a loose ball and puts it in from 25.

7th minute we get a counter attack, Williams pushes the ball ahead to Grant, who is behind the defense from 35 yards out, he runs it into the box and scores!

10th minute, another counter, Clark with a pass to Grant who lobs it over the keeper. Wheeeeeee. 3-0 very very early.

39th minute Grant goes out hurt :/

We roll the rest of the way and just hold the ball.

W 3-0

Goals: John Grant 2 (7), Danny Williams (2)
Assists: Williams (4), Clarke (1)
8s: Clarke, Purdie, Williams, Grant, Guinan
MoM: Williams

Nice to get a win even if it was an easy home win against a divisional side.

Bad, bad news coming out of the match. John Grant is hurt and will miss 3 months. Purdie and Williams are also listed as in need of a rest.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:20 PM   #65
Radii
Head Coach

The loan of Millwall's Chad Harpur to Hereford can now be completed.

Hereford have confirmed the deal.

(Due to the club's poor financial position, all offers are being negotiated by their receivers)

The loan is allowed and I have a new keeper, this guy is signifigantly better than Baker.

Hereford will play Nuneaton Borough in the English FA Trophy Fourth Round.

The game will be played at Edgar Street on Sat, 1.2.2003

January 14th, 2003
#19 Yeovil at #18 Hereford

Harpur gets the start today in goal, and with Grant out for 3 months my new formation of choice is a 5-4-1. It's dry and 69 out on Edgar street as we try to turnaround some very crappy league play of late.

Wow we are seriously tired, but ther's just no depth here. 0-0 halftime score.

we open the second half on the attack but Guinan drives his shot over the bar.

64th minute Hapur with a "brilliant save" to keep it 0-0!

90th minute we get a counter, Guinan is wide open at midfield, runs it down into the box, but their keeper makes the save...

0-0

We're so tired. I bet there's some injuries coming off this match. I rested pitman and williams today.

no 8s today but Ian Wright earns MoM.

Clarke (DR) is hurt and out for 3 weeks... Purdie needs to rest. It's pretty damn hard to run a season on 16 players.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:33 PM   #66
Radii
Head Coach

Steve Guinan is worried about the club's financial situation.

January 18th, 2003
#16 Hereford at #10 Southport

It's dry and 62 on Haig Avenue today, is today the day we get our elusive first road win?

28th minute ben smith takes a corner, a shot is saved and cleared and we try to build up again... smith is triple-teamed and southport has it though.

35th minute Harpur makes a spectacular save, doesn't matter as thy're offsides but still!

0-0 at the half...

62nd minute a tackle by southport gives them a breakaway... a great save by harpur, another great save on the rebound!! This guy is great.

Well that's another draw... we're so tired... everyone is running into the 40s or 50s.

0-0

Harpur earns our only 8, he deserved more I thought.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:52 PM   #67
Radii
Head Coach

January 22nd, 2003
#21 Woking at #17 Hereford

Sawyers misses the match today with his 5th yellow, and Purdie sits this one out as hes tired.

Woking attacks from the kickoff, but Wright deflects the shot and Harpur picks it up, no threat really.

WOW. Guinan is alone against about 7 defenders on the right side, he jukes by a defender and curls a shot past the keeper from a hideous angle!!! 1-0 Hereford! That was in the 30th minute and we bring things quickly to halftime after that.

We have no one to sub in in the 2nd half because of the suspensions and rest... hopefully it'll work out ok.

83rd minute we get a free kick which Tretton takes from just inside midfield. It's way off target but Woking chose to head it behind. Guinan takes the corner and feeds Wiliams but that wasn't even cose, easy save.

Parry takes the ball up the left side in the 85th minute, crosses to pitman, to james, back forward to parry, it's about 2 on 9 here, and Williams fires a shot from outside the box that's well over.

We FINALLY get another league win! Ending 8 games without a win in the conference.

W 1-0

Goals: Guinan (10)
Assists: Smith (1)
8s: James, Pitman, Williams, Guinan
MoM: Danny Williams

sigh. Danny Williams has a twisted knee and misses 3 weeks.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:04 PM   #68
Radii
Head Coach

January 25th, 2003
#15 Hereford at #16 Gravesend

Parry rests today... It's dry and 57 out on Stonebridge Road

34th minute a corner for Gravesend... a hard shot bounces off of Pitman and we trail 1-0, Harpur's first goal allowed and really he had no shot there.

50th minute Harpur with an amazing save after a Gravesend break... a corner and they screw it up and give us the ball back.

52nd minute Gravesend tries to pass it in front of Harpur, he deflects it behind. On the ensuing corner a great save.

56th minute... we are so tired, they're running right by us. Harper another save after a shot hits the crossbar.

74th minute a Gravesend free kick, Tretton trips a man in the box, and it's a penalty, we trail 2-0. We are so tired. We need a second team.

Harpur is amazing. He's a division 2 keeper quality wise... it should be about 7-0 right now. Instead, after their 5th or 6th shot in the last 5 minutes, it's 3-0.

L 0-3

14 shots on target from Gravesend today, 2 goals (+ 1 penalty shot goal).

Harpur earns an 8. Sawyers a 5. We are 4 points above relegation but we've played more matches... we're dangerously close here.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:18 PM   #69
Radii
Head Coach

Pitman is out 2 weeks, and James and Purdie need rest. We're falling apart.

February Update

The Hereford board are pleased with your general performance as manager.

The standings as of Feb 1 are attached.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:27 PM   #70
Radii
Head Coach

February 1st, 2003
FA Trophy 4th Round
Nuneaton Borough at Hereford

It's dry and 66 as we try to keep alive in cup play...

Nuneaton with a hard attack in the 9th minute but a shot hits the side netting.

We dominate posession but they shoot 3 times to our 0... no score at the half.

One sub is made at the half, Teesdale in for Wright in defense.. I'm going to try to attack too.

48th minute a corner for nuneaton, a header, a goal.

57th minute a free kick from just outside the box for nuneaton... the shot on the kick deflects off one of our men and in.

yeah, screw this, wow. I guess attacking is just a bad, bad, bad idea. Good thing this is a cup match.

L 0-3