Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #51
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grdawg View Post
This is not typical UGA excusing. This is obvious to anyone who is watching the game, even the announcers have been pointing this stuff out. Football is all about momentum and one play can change the dynamic of the game. Georgia needed to play their best to win this game and getting on the short end of 3 huge plays determined the fate of this game. This is not homerism

Whine when you're losing by three, whine when you're losing by six. Hell, whine when you're down TEN. Your team is getting handled. There are bad calls in EVERY.SINGLE.GAME.

SUCK IT UP!

Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #52
grdawg
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Whine when you're losing by three, whine when you're losing by six. Hell, whine when you're down TEN. Your team is getting handled. There are bad calls in EVERY.SINGLE.GAME.

SUCK IT UP!

Whatever, fine, everyone hates UGA here.
grdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #53
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post

SUCK IT UP!

This would be a very close game. I'm not saying we'd have definitely won, but when the Refs spot a team 21 points (possibly 28), then how can you not complain? How exactly was it supposed to be a close game?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #54
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

FSU just hit a 40ish yd TD pass from their running QB (meanwhile GT is down to playing non-DB's in the secondary as they're already missing two starters & have lost backups today).

Two-point conversion good, the lead is down to 31-28 with 6:04 to go in regulation.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #55
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

lol
Old 11-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #56
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And Jaybo throws an INT. Since Nesbitt left the game, GT has 11 yards total offense.

edit to add: After giving up seven yds on a first play run, the defense gets a sack and makes the stop to force a punt with 4:17 left.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-01-2008 at 05:36 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #57
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

There are quite possibly more UGA fans on this board than fans of any other team.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:37 PM   #58
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Okay, an offsides on the punt makes 4th & 11 a new 4th & 6, FSU goes for it & makes it.

One play later, they're in FG range.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-01-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #59
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
And Jaybo throws an INT. Since Nesbitt left the game, GT has 11 yards total offense.

edit to add: After giving up seven yds on a first play run, the defense gets a sack and makes the stop to force a punt with 4:17 left.

Yeah, you knew that Tech wouldn't get first downs or points to just put the game away.

CRAP. encroachment penalty on Tech makes it 3rd and not so long, FSU goes for it instead of punting and makes it.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #60
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Screw the FG, FSU is looking TD now, under 2:30 to go, they've run their way just inside the 20.
edit: Make that around the 5.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-01-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #61
Radii
Head Coach

FUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMBLE
Old 11-01-2008, 05:43 PM   #62
Radii
Head Coach

if FSU had recovered that I would have driven down to Atlanta myself to beat the shit out of that defender that tried to pick the ball up instead of falling on it.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:43 PM   #63
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The youngest team in the ACC gets a HUGE play from a freshman safety (son of former QB Jim Bob Taylor), helmet on the ball knocks it loose & GT recovers in the end zone.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:43 PM   #64
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
if FSU had recovered that I would have driven down to Atlanta myself to beat the shit out of that defender that tried to pick the ball up instead of falling on it.

You'd have been too late, I'm closer.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #65
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

First GT win over FSU since 1975.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #66
Radii
Head Coach

Georgia Tech and Maryland are now the leaders of the ACC Atlantic and Coastal divisions. 7-2 for Tech, just awesome.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #67
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Georgia Tech and Maryland are now the leaders of the ACC Atlantic and Coastal divisions. 7-2 for Tech, just awesome.

The Orange Bowl has the last pick this year, so whoever wins the ACC will most likely be playing either Boise State, Utah or TCU.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #68
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Marcus Sims is a piss of shit. GT played a hell of a game today, I am disappointed we did not win that game.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:57 PM   #69
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
The Orange Bowl has the last pick this year, so whoever wins the ACC will most likely be playing either Boise State, Utah or TCU.

Tech-TCU would be a pretty awesome game.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #70
Swaggs
Coordinator

West Virginia seems to be coming together under the new coaching staff with Pat White healthy again. We have won 5 straight and beat UConn pretty easily today for our first road win of the season. My prediction is that we will lose one more game this year (probably on the road to Louisville or at home vs USF), but still win the Big East.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #71
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post

Under the circumstances, anything bowl East of the Mississippi is just fine by me.

I figured this team to go 4-8, 5-7 if they were lucky. 7-2? Gitdafuckouttahere, no way.
And I can think that way, I don't have to face CPJ at practice

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-01-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #72
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I sooooo sick of ND getting TV time every damn week..

In other news, we barely escape a loss against Baylor 31-28.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:16 PM   #73
Celeval
Pro Starter

Games like that are why I'm disappointed we don't play FSU every season any more.

Well that, and this is the first time... well, since I've known her that I've had bragging rights over my Seminole-loving wife. :-)

We're "first" in the Coastal at 4-2, but would lose out on tiebreakers to Virginia (3-2) and Virginia Tech (2-2). If we win out in the ACC, it would include wins over Miami (3-2) and North Carolina (2-2), so the help we'd need is for the winner of the Virginia/Virginia Tech game on 11/29 to lose somewhere else... VT has Maryland, @Miami, and Duke; UVa has @Wake and Clemson, so it's a wide-open race.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #74
Z²+
High School JV

Big 4-OT victory for PITT. Never easy to go into South Bend and escape with a victory. I was hoping for a replay of the OT victory in 2004, however, when QB Tyler Palko said during his post game on-field interview "I'm just so @#*&$& proud of these guys!!". But all-in-all, a good win for Coach Wanny and the Panthers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
West Virginia seems to be coming together under the new coaching staff with Pat White healthy again. We have won 5 straight and beat UConn pretty easily today for our first road win of the season. My prediction is that we will lose one more game this year (probably on the road to Louisville or at home vs USF), but still win the Big East.

Don't look past a day after Thanksgiving trip to Pittsburgh. The Panther passing defense has been questionable, but the run D has been tough, and we totally shut down the USF spread earlier this season. I'm really looking forward to this year's Brawl, it should have significant meaning to BOTH teams for the first time since the freezing cold game of '04.

P-I-T-T Let's go Pitt!
Z²+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:36 PM   #75
Buccaneer
Head Coach

It is amazing to me to see how far the two major schools in Washington have fallen.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:40 PM   #76
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Hell of a game between Tulsa and Arkansas.

We came out on top 30-23, overcoming a typical Casey Dick endzone interception with 3 minutes left to give Tulsa some hope. Stopped them on 4th and 5 on our 7 yard line to secure the victory.

I will say this; the Golden Hurricane have a -really- good offense. I was somewhat skeptical of their #1 offense going into the game but I believe it now after watching them. It seemed like they ran the Wildcat or something similiar a few times, too.

Game-winning TD came as the result of a kickoff return for a TD on the very KO after the FG that tied it up 23-23.

We started off pumped up and on fire because of Homecoming, last home game of the season, etc and took a 17-0 lead before the Hurricane offense started kicking in. Two straight sacks on Tulsa's first two plays were awesome to see.

I gotta say, I'm very cautiously optimistic about the team next year. I think we can contend for a bowl game next season.

Don't look now, but we are contending for one this year. Team is getting better and better each week. Also, you can afford to be more than cautiously optimistic about next year's team. Ryan Mallett is the real deal. Think about where even this team would be with a good QB.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #77
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
It is amazing to me to see how far the two major schools in Washington have fallen.

True, but USC is just amazing when they play motivated football. 35-0 with 9 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter and they have only allowed 9 yards of offense.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #78
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post

You think that's bad? There's some almost serious thought that the top high school team in Tennessee might be the state's second best team behind the Titans.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #79
RedKingGold
College Starter

I think Penn State is screwed. Iowa's loss and Michigan State's narrow win just make the rest of their schedule look that much worse.

I think if Florida wins out, and the B12 winner has only one loss (assuming winner of Texas-Texas Tech doesn't run the table), I think those will be the two teams in the National Title game even if PSU finishes 12-0.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 11-01-2008 at 07:02 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #80
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Four minutes into the OU/Nebraska game, it's 21-0 OU.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #81
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Five minutes, 30 seconds into the game, OU 28 Nebraska 0.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #82
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
I think Penn State is screwed. Iowa's loss and Michigan State's narrow win just make the rest of their schedule look that much worse.

I think if Florida wins out, and the B12 winner has only one loss (assuming winner of Texas-Texas Tech doesn't run the table), I think those will be the two teams in the National Title game even if PSU finishes 12-0.

Should be, yes.
Would be, I doubt it.

Dont forget the coaches poll counts 1/3 of the BCS and many coaches are softies for joe pa.....

On an unrelateed note, Clemson comes out, and Spiller looks better than he has all season only to try and give the game away late. CJ put the team on his shoulders single handedly and refused to lose....its nice to beat BC for a change.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #83
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Man, this Texas Tech team is scrappy. Great game on ABC right now.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #84
tarcone
Coordinator

Iowa plays terrible in the 2nd half. Where is the defense? Rushing 3 late in the game? Poor decision. I cant wait until they fire these guys.
Penn State will make the national champ game if 12-0. This is Joe Pas last season and he wont be screwed. And remember it is the BCS. And hell, you saw the UGA fans crying about how the refs lost the game for them. Florida cant be that good.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #85
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

End of the 1st quarter: Oklahoma 35 Nebraska 0
Old 11-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #86
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I saw that OU-NU score and kindof had to double-take. I'm really hoping we can go up to Lincoln and beat the Huskers next week for the first time in about 40 years.

The Tech-Texas game is really fun to watch

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #87
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Loving this Texas Tech game. I think if they win and keep up this quality of play they should jump to #1.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #88
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Texas almost has to be hoping they can just stay in the game until the half & pray to make adjustments. Right now they're just getting shredded.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #89
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

This is as fun a game as I've seen in a while

SI

Old 11-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #90
RedKingGold
College Starter

I don't think this is Joe Pa's last season, unless PSU Administration forces him out.

Besides, the replacement will be Tom Bradley, and nothing will really change. Bradley is in complete control of the defense and Galen Hall in complete control of the offense. Honestly, JoePa has basically been a figurehead with how that team is run for the past five or so years.

The results have been pretty good, so I don't really mind it.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 11-01-2008 at 08:16 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #91
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think the Big 12 South is better than several NFL divisions (I'm only half joking).

I had been busy most Saturdays before these last 3 or 4 and hadn't seen a ton of football, but I have been watching 3-4 (plus parts of others) per week since and the B12 South teams are noticeable better than almost all other teams that I have seen.

I'm not sure if it is the coaches or the quarterbacks, but this is a special season for the Big 12.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #92
grdawg
Mascot

Texas Tech should jump to #1 if they win this game. Their schedule doesn't get much easier though, Ok St @ home then @ Okl

After a few hours of thought, I will admit that great teams need to be able to overcome bad calls and respond. UGA obviously quit in that game. 2 missed field goals, a wide open TD missed were not the refs fault. In their 2 biggest games of the year, UGA has not responded well. I would like to see Stafford and Moreno come back, but seems UGA will always lose a few games no matter their talent level b/c the SEC is always very strong. I've also question the play calling pretty much at some point in every game.

I am now strongly rooting for any 2 teams in the NC game except Florida!
grdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #93
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

South Carolina leads Tennessee 24-0 midway in Q3. And yes, it looks as bad as it sounds.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #94
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Don't worry, Maryland's remaining schedule means we definitely won't be on top when it's all over (as much as it pains me to say it, I just have to be realistic):
@ VaTech on Nov 6 (Thursday night game)
vs UNC on Nov 15
vs FSU on Nov 22
@ BC on Nov 29

That's 4 big games. We're 6-2 overall right now, we could easily be 6-6 by the night of the 29th.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #95
Swaggs
Coordinator

...FWIW, I think Florida is playing some of the best football in the country (and thought so ever before today), but I don't think they should jump an undefeated team from the B12 or B10. I just do not think that you can forget that their loss was to a pretty average team. That they lost near the beginning of the year gives them an advantage over a 1-loss team that lost later in the year, but it was still a loss. I think they and Oklahoma will be well-positioned at the end of the year.

The interesting thing will be to see what happens if we have an undefeated Penn State, undefeated Alabama, and an undefeated B12 team.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #96
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Huge defensive stand by Texas Tech to only give up a FG with a short field.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #97
Crim
College Benchwarmer

To the UGA guys: For what it's worth, I agree that the bulldogs were getting jobbed, especially in the first half. But the difference in execution is stunningly apparent. You had one QB, one WR, a TE, and maybe three OLs still playing in the third quarter. Looked to me like the rest of your offense was already on the bus by halfway through the 3rd quarter.

And defensively, your coordinator seemed to continually assume that Coach Meyer was going to sit on the ball and play conservative with the lead, meanwhile the Gators receivers were running free behind the linebackers.

I gotta tell you, when Florida was calling timeouts in the last minute to savor the blowout, I was bellylaughing, along with the rest of Gator Nation.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #98
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
The interesting thing will be to see what happens if we have an undefeated Penn State, undefeated Alabama, and an undefeated B12 team.

Same thing that happened a couple of years ago in the same situation- someone gets badly screwed.

SI

Old 11-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #99
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Florida will not lose another game this season.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #100
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I called it last week that Texas would come out flat, and boy have they.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote