Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 06:12 PM   #51
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Man, and I thought the post-breakup dynamic between me and Neuq was awkward.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:17 PM   #52
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Man, and I thought the post-breakup dynamic between me and Neuq was awkward.

Didn't we agree you would only post in the Soccer forum from now on?
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 08-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #53
RendeR
Coordinator

OK,GE and anyone else who feels like opening their jaws and making this situation that much worse, please do not. Shut yer browser and walk away.

#1 none of this is our business here. no matter that its been posted, its their private little hell and we are merely visitors to it.

#2 No, it is not our place to say anything, so don;t even try the argument that "its a public form...blah blah blah" just STFU and leave it alone.

Lastly, Radii, Olie, I'm sorry things went as they did for you and I hope you work things out.

As for the posting issue, thats between Olie and Radii. If anyone else doesn't want to deal with Olie then use the ignore feature instead of creating more ill-will smongst everyone.

Yeah, its a wow situation, but its also not one that needed to become public knowlege, for my own part in that I apologize to you both.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #54
JeeberD
General Manager

The best part of this thread is GE defending Radii. But I guess it's not March Madness, so those two can get along at the moment...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
Old 08-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #55
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Didn't we agree you would only post in the Soccer forum from now on?
All our agreements went out the window when you let Sak put his tongue there.

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 08-02-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #56
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
OK,GE and anyone else who feels like opening their jaws and making this situation that much worse, please do not. Shut yer browser and walk away.

#1 none of this is our business here. no matter that its been posted, its their private little hell and we are merely visitors to it.

#2 No, it is not our place to say anything, so don;t even try the argument that "its a public form...blah blah blah" just STFU and leave it alone.

Lastly, Radii, Olie, I'm sorry things went as they did for you and I hope you work things out.

As for the posting issue, thats between Olie and Radii. If anyone else doesn't want to deal with Olie then use the ignore feature instead of creating more ill-will smongst everyone.

Yeah, its a wow situation, but its also not one that needed to become public knowlege, for my own part in that I apologize to you both.

Whatever. It is posted in this message board. I do tend to agree with everything you say, but it is public knowledge now and I can choose to comment on it anyway that I want to. Just like its olie's right to still post on this board, it is my right to comment on situations that become public knowledge on this board.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #57
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
The best part of this thread is GE defending Radii. But I guess it's not March Madness, so those two can get along at the moment...

I have never had a problem with Radii. I am sure we have had an argument over college basketball but I honestly do not remember. I sometimes wear my heart on my sleeve during March Madness and that has caused some problems, but I know that I have never fucked anyone over on this board. I guess really I am just defending decency.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #58
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Whatever. It is posted in this message board. I do tend to agree with everything you say, but it is public knowledge now and I can choose to comment on it anyway that I want to. Just like its olie's right to still post on this board, it is my right to comment on situations that become public knowledge on this board.

agree

knives out
Old 08-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #59
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Um.....I must have missed an entire battleship passing me in at the crack of dawn. When did the oliegirl/Radii thing happen? Because everyone else seems to know about it except me. Okay, maybe I don't really want to know. I will look forward to the Awkward 2008 thread.

Wow! I was half-joking about this, but to see that this came true is freaking surreal. And not because of the simple title, but the content inside. I am not going to take any side, but I do feel a lot more sympathy for Radii. Someone pointed out to me some other posts about this new husband and some other throwaway posts that do appear to be taking shots at Radii at an off-hand type of way. Plus the fact he was getting screwed because of identity theft, regardless of any version of the story, makes it remarkable that he tried to deal with this situation amicably. I can't believe I didn't pick up on any of this while the wife is in astonishment.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #60
Lorena
Unregistered

Uuumm.. wow
Old 08-02-2008, 06:54 PM   #61
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
If I'm asked to not post here at all, or only post in WW, that is fine.

I think radii did, and that, it seems to me, is the only request that should be remotely relevant.

An apology wouldn't be a bad thing either, but given the tone of your post, that might be beyond any reasonable expectation. I mean, seriously, how you attempted to make this thread about you, with what I judge to be a pretty sincere concern about being able to play werewolf, is pretty fucking astounding.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #62
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wow! I was half-joking about this, but to see that this came true is freaking surreal. And not because of the simple title, but the content inside. I am not going to take any side, but I do feel a lot more sympathy for Radii. Someone pointed out to me some other posts about this new husband and some other throwaway posts that do appear to be taking shots at Radii at an off-hand type of way. Plus the fact he was getting screwed because of identity theft, regardless of any version of the story, makes it remarkable that he tried to deal with this situation amicably. I can't believe I didn't pick up on any of this while the wife is in astonishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
Uuumm.. wow

Totally unrelated to the juicy parts of this thread...but these back to back posts killed me.

I am picturing you both, side by side, reading the thread and ...
Old 08-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #63
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
agree

And you're right, you have the right to post anything you want. You have the right to remain silient ot to speak out and prove how utter calous and witless some members of this board can be. You have the right to decide when and where to stick your nose and like the vast majority of human beings you'll probablky (or already have in GE's case) chosen...poorly.

There are cases where public opinion is warrented and even needed. This one is not one of those cases. The only people who truly KNOW what is going on are Radii and Olie, the rest of us need to recognize this and stay out of their private lives.

We may have every right to post, but it is NOT OUR PLACE to say jack shit about what is going on between them.

Please, for the love of whatrever you hold dear, learn THAT point. Making ourselves feel important by throwing about inciteful and assholish posts based on a few lines of text in a thread might be fun for some, but in this case its still wrong.

If this all cae out because Radii or Olie wanted it out, I might be on your side of things GE, but this came out because of a few mis-spoken comments in a completely different thread that touched on something they had kept to themselves and then Radii felt compelled to clarify things.

Just leave them alone. Please.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #64
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
I am not going to take any side, but I do feel a lot more sympathy for Radii.

I agree with this.

Well, some of it, I mean.

Well, just the last part.

Well, if by "a lot more" you mean "only" and just take out the first part entirely. Then I'm good.

Oh, hell. Radii, you have been really mature about this under trying circumstances, and I hope this thread yields some relief. You deserve it.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:29 PM   #65
RendeR
Coordinator

ANd yes, this may very well be a case of the pot calling the kettle fat and black and ugly and dirty and more based on my past performances, but god damnit, If i can't learn from previous mistakes WTF good are they?
Old 08-02-2008, 07:32 PM   #66
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Someone needs to add Radii's username to the definition of "stoic" in Wikipedia.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #67
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

If this all cae out because Radii or Olie wanted it out, I might be on your side of things GE, but this came out because of a few mis-spoken comments in a completely different thread that touched on something they had kept to themselves and then Radii felt compelled to clarify things.

Just leave them alone. Please.

I understand where you are coming from. But Radii is the one who came out and posted all of this. He also gave several hints in the identity theft thread. Have you read that?

I just think that is wrong to screw someone over so badly and then have the audacity to post everyday in one of his internet hang-outs. In my opinion, oliegirl should be sitting in jail right now.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #68
MikeVic
Head Coach

Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - Is it Possible to Fudge a bank Statement?

Should've taken her own advice.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #69
Flasch186
Coordinator

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-02-2008, 08:00 PM   #70
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Post every day in one of his IntErnet hangouts most likely using the computer fraudulently.obtained using his personal info

Fixed for you GE

Last edited by stevew : 08-02-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:00 PM   #71
QuikSand
lolzcat

By the way, for some reason I just thought of this... does anyone else prefer the old usenet term "killfile" to the much more mundane "ignore list" term used here? Just curious.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #72
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from. But Radii is the one who came out and posted all of this. He also gave several hints in the identity theft thread. Have you read that?

I just think that is wrong to screw someone over so badly and then have the audacity to post everyday in one of his internet hang-outs. In my opinion, oliegirl should be sitting in jail right now.

And thats great that you have an opinion, but frankly do you realy think Either Radii or obviously olie really want or need to hear from you or anyone else on this matter?

No. They really don't.

If it were as simple as that she probably would be already, but she's not, so obviously there is a LOT more here that we don;t know, thats why I'm asking everyone to leave off. its hard enough for them to deal with it, they don't need our half-baked barely-informed asses butting into it.

Yes he posted it and he's tried to talk about it before, but in THIS instance its not just his own impetus to post, others without any knowledge nagged for it not knowing where it was going. So it shouldn't BE out here to talk about, hence my attempt to keep people from villifying anyone without all the facts.

I'm not trying to take any side, I'm just trying to keep FOFC out of Radii/Olie's perdonal life, especially over something as intimate and serious as this situation.

So again, I ask, Please, just drop it and let them deal with it.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:04 PM   #73
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
By the way, for some reason I just thought of this... does anyone else prefer the old usenet term "killfile" to the much more mundane "ignore list" term used here? Just curious.

Yes.

knives out
Old 08-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #74
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I think that ship has sailed. I get from Radii's post that he has tried to deal with it in a random manner. But stuff keeps getting opened in his name. I can't speak for Radii, but I would bet its pretty damn enlightening to come on here and reveal the truth.

My first clue about oliegirl was when she made the thread asking about cussing in front of her child. She wanted to stop using English cuss words in front of her child but instead thought it would be clever to use cuss words from other languages. Hey, here is an idea, why don't you just not cuss at all?

I wanted to post that at the time but my rep had taken a big hit (must have been around March Madness) and oliegirl was still somewhat of a popular character around here.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #75
st.cronin
General Manager

Get out of my head, GoldenEagle.

knives out
Old 08-02-2008, 09:07 PM   #76
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So it shouldn't BE out here to talk about, hence my attempt to keep people from villifying anyone without all the facts.

I'm not trying to take any side, I'm just trying to keep FOFC out of Radii/Olie's perdonal life, especially over something as intimate and serious as this situation.

Me & Render aren't exactly known for being in agreement very often, but this deserves a big ol' +1.

edit to add: That we have moderation that changes HA's user name but leaves shit like this thread on the board completely astonishes me. And after nearly 16k posts, I'm not easy to astonish.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 08-02-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:21 PM   #77
Logan
Head Coach

I'd agree with you Jon if it was anyone else besides Radii who started this thread.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #78
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I'd agree with you Jon if it was anyone else besides Radii who started this thread.

FTR, I mean no slight to him with my position. I'd feel the same about it if Ben himself had posted it (and he owns the joint).
Old 08-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #79
Logan
Head Coach

I don't know...it's his business that he's choosing to air. We have people who start threads about personal stuff, so I don't see why he shouldn't be able to speak out just because someone involved in it happens to post here too.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:56 PM   #80
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Never understood why anyone would bring their wife or girlfirend here in the first place, but I am sure I will piss off far more people with that statement than I will get people to agree with me.

On a related note, but far less serious. (But the same amount of fucking gull) A group of friends for 20+ years of mine started doing fantasy when it wasn't as big a deal and one year we had to invite one buddy's wife to fill a spot. Well she kind of became bigger member of the league over the course of like 3 years and we really started to accept her as a fun/active member. Then she got caught fucking a coworker of his and quickly became my friend's ex-wife. Can you believe there actually was a discussion between them about who should stay in the league or whether they both should? Like any of us were going to stay friends with (or even be civil to) someone who did that to our childhood friend.

If Oliegirl really did all the shit in the first post she should never post here again. No discussion.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:09 PM   #81
Radii
Head Coach

I'm obviously not going to be getting into a conversation with my ex here.

Lots of people already knew this whole story and have been very respectful to me by biting their tongues here for over a year now, but really, the second it came up I just felt like the release of airing this shit was very much needed. Maybe it would have been better to just say "sorry not talking about it" but this has really been a release that's a year in coming, kinda needed to happen IMO. If a mod were to deem it inappropriate and delete, so be it, but it is clearly an awkward situation, has been for a long damn time, and once it came up in a public discussion I really had no problem stating what I feel about the whole thing. *shurg*
Old 08-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #82
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I agree with this.

Well, some of it, I mean.

Well, just the last part.

Well, if by "a lot more" you mean "only" and just take out the first part entirely. Then I'm good.

Oh, hell. Radii, you have been really mature about this under trying circumstances, and I hope this thread yields some relief. You deserve it.
As usual, QuikSand pretty much nails what's going through my mind.

All other personal and subtext issues aside, a sad fact of relationships is that when a husband and wife divorce you frequently have to split up the friends, or even if not you steer clear of each other with the friends you share. If WW was that important to her (insert rolling eyes emoticon here) then go there. He shouldn't have had to ask her to leave -- the right thing to do would be to do it on her own.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:22 PM   #83
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Me & Render aren't exactly known for being in agreement very often, but this deserves a big ol' +1.

edit to add: That we have moderation that changes HA's user name but leaves shit like this thread on the board completely astonishes me. And after nearly 16k posts, I'm not easy to astonish.
I don't really want to clutter this up with a sidetrack but I have no idea how one could draw any type of connection between moderating HA and moderating this discussion.

How is this any different from the hundreds -- if not thousands -- of personal threads here where someone posts their side of the story? Just because both people involved are users? We've had plenty of other personal disputes between people get posted here. What typically happens is that both sides post their side of the story and people draw their own conclusions. Why does that need moderation?
Old 08-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #84
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

If there is going to be any moderation I will do it, but let me warn you I am going to use Pumpy's dick as the gavel.

Is that good enough end the thread?

Old 08-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #85
Subby
lolzcat

Radii - as I have said to you many times about this, hang in there. I am embarrassed for your ex-wife and hopes she finds the strength to get the help it sounds like she desperately needs.

You know where to find me if you need anything.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Old 08-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #86
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
I don't really want to clutter this up with a sidetrack but I have no idea how one could draw any type of connection between moderating HA and moderating this discussion.

Well, since you asked ... because both are examples of incredibly poor judgment in moderation.

Quote:
We've had plenty of other personal disputes between people get posted here.

On this level? Off hand I can't even think of one that even comes close. Or have I just spent years missing threads where there are literally legal issues between posters?
Old 08-02-2008, 11:19 PM   #87
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
On this level? Off hand I can't even think of one that even comes close. Or have I just spent years missing threads where there are literally legal issues between posters?

Did you forget the drama that lead to the breakup of .400 Studios?
Old 08-02-2008, 11:27 PM   #88
duckman
Pro Starter

If this was a weekday, this thread would already be 200 pages long and locked.....

“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
Old 08-02-2008, 11:29 PM   #89
duckman
Pro Starter

dola...

Radii, stay strong. Karma will come around and make things right again.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
Old 08-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #90
gkb
High School Varsity

Wow...what a post, what a thread. I'm astonished by some of the stuff I read here.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:32 PM   #91
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
He shouldn't have had to ask her to leave -- the right thing to do would be to do it on her own.

But do you really think someone who steals identity and cusses in front of her kid is going that noble? I would like to accommodate Render and JiMG and say that I am done bashing oliegirl, but I just can't.

Radii, you are a fucking man. There is no way I could have put up with all this crap and take care of my parents. No wonder you don't post on 92o anymore.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #92
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
No wonder you don't post on 92o anymore.

Nah, I don't post there because I suck at poker
Old 08-02-2008, 11:49 PM   #93
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post

If Oliegirl really did all the shit in the first post she should never post here again. No discussion.

I would say the same thing even if she only did some of the stuff mentioned in the first post, and she even seems to admit this.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
Old 08-03-2008, 01:47 AM   #94
Rizon
Pro Starter

This is the most bizarre thread in quite some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:24 AM   #95
Crim
College Benchwarmer

IBTL

RIP
Old 08-03-2008, 03:03 AM   #96
Icy
Pro Starter

I don't care about their personal relationship or reasons to divorce as usually divorce is a two persons things, with both sides of the true but as Oliegirl has admitted that some of the things that Radii posted are true, and even if only of them was true (like using his personal info to a buy a computer), my mind is already done and I can't avoid to think how annoying must have been for Radii to have her here in FOFC acting like a good person.

I have always had high respect for your Radii, and it's even higher now, you are an strong part of this community and i'm so happy to have you here. Keep up strong and i hope this all will end soon for you.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:26 AM   #97
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm not sure the between posters issue is a major standard of any sort. We've had people essentially admit to major crimes on this message board or ask ways to commit major crimes (hiring prostitutes, using drugs, inquiring how to fudge bank statements, etc.) and some accusations and disputes between members (the .400 Studios example, the Druez drama, etc.). If JimmyWint's wife started posting on the board, should the moderators have to delete that thread.

Your comment suggests that it would be OK for Radii to make that post if olie weren't a poster here. I don't see why that makes a difference.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:29 AM   #98
RendeR
Coordinator

Chief, my point wasn't necessarilly that Radii shouldn't have posted this, and this I tihnk is where Jon and I part ways in agreeing *grin*.

My point was that there should NOT be the attacking, villifying, downright nasty posts from the other members of this board in this thread regarding anyone involved, because we simply do not know the facts.

We know Radii's side, we've heard Olie's side, no matter what anyone admits to, there is no reason for any of us to just jump in and bitchslap someone when we don't know the entire story.

I do understand Radi wanting to get this off his chest, so to speak and I hope it helps him cope with it all.

I'm not saying he can't post it here, I'm simply asking the FOFC community to not act like it normally does and degenerate this thread into a hate filled bitch fest.

thats all.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:43 AM   #99
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
My point was that there should NOT be the attacking, villifying, downright nasty posts from the other members of this board in this thread regarding anyone involved, because we simply do not know the facts.

We know Radii's side, we've heard Olie's side, no matter what anyone admits to, there is no reason for any of us to just jump in and bitchslap someone when we don't know the entire story.

We know that she has admitted to some of the things in his post, and I think that's really all we need to know. I mean, the best case scenario is that she's telling the truth and only committed credit fraud once or twice, not just numerous times that Radii alleged. Even if that is the case, I don't see how it's wrong to form a low opinion of the character of a person who committed credit fraud against her ex-husband, then continued to post on a message board that he frequents, particularly posting about romantic moments she likes to share with her new husband.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 08-03-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:50 AM   #100
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm not saying he can't post it here, I'm simply asking the FOFC community to not act like it normally does and degenerate this thread into a hate filled bitch fest.

Let's be honest, I think that is what most of us come here for.
Closed Thread