Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #51
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Why? They are worthy of being fucked specifically here. It's a moronic decision. What, we have to agree with everything they do?

I don't think that was his point. I made it clear in one of my posts that I don't agree with everything they do either, and I was in the military. The point here is that saying "fuck the military" is like taking a shit on all of the people that have ever served and/or died for the freedom we have right now to waste our workday on a message board.

I encourage Sun Tzu to read up on military history, and better yet to take a tour through some of the ships in Pearl Harbor. Also, the tomb of the unknown soldier is pretty intense.

A lot of people died so you could say "fuck the military".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.

RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:48 PM   #52
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The point here is that saying "fuck the military" is like taking a shit on all of the people that have ever served and/or died for the freedom we have right now to waste our workday on a message board.

No, it really isn't. It's like taking a shit on the people who made this decision... who do, btw, represent the military in their authority.

I should get all huffy when someone says "Fuck the government" or something similar. Just to see the response.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:48 PM   #53
molson
General Manager

Quote:
I don't see people saying that when they exclaim "Fuck the government" or similar sentiments.

Well, if someone says "fuck the government", they're usually not referring to school teachers or firefighters. They're actually usually only referring to the current presidential administration.

Sun Tzu is clearly saying "fuck you" to the entire military. You don't have to agree with everything the military does, but others also have the right to criticize you for making statements like that. Nobody's going to jail over any of these comments.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #54
st.cronin
General Manager

Speaking as a veteran, I take molson's point of view. I mean, I'm not that worked up about it, but, unless Sun Tzu wants to clarify his statement, I'm taking it as he just gave me the finger.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #55
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Well, if someone says "fuck the government", they're usually not referring to school teachers or firefighters. They're actually usually only referring to the current presidential administration.

Sun Tzu is clearly saying "fuck you" to the entire military. You don't have to agree with everything the military does, but others also have the right to criticize you for making statements like that. Nobody's going to jail over any of these comments.

Wait a second. So when someone says "Fuck the government", he's obviously not refering to government workers, but when he's saying "fuck the military" he is obviously saying fuck you to all military personnel?

BULLSHIT. You just want to feel offended and be able to say "fuck the government" as well.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #56
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

My statement wasn't directed specifically at everybody who served in the Military. Hell my grandfather was a jew who served in WWII. It's moreso at the overall idea that the only way to keep peace is to kill people.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #57
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
No, it really isn't. It's like taking a shit on the people who made this decision... who do, btw, represent the military in their authority.

I should get all huffy when someone says "Fuck the government" or something similar. Just to see the response.

You obviously have never served in the military. The leadership that represents the military is NOT the military. The real military is the men and women out in the fields and the desert and the swamps who are risking their lives every day so we can be free. The leaders, most of them anyway, are so far detached from reality that lumping them with the military is like grouping hollywood stars with mainstream society.

Saying "fuck the military" and/or "fuck the government" are in and of themselves irrelevant statements that offer nothing in a rational debate.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #58
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Wait a second. So when someone says "Fuck the government", he's obviously not refering to government workers, but when he's saying "fuck the military" he is obviously saying fuck you to all military personnel?

Exactly.

If Sun Tzu wanted to clarify he could.

It's also important to remember that the government decides what the military does.

Last edited by molson : 07-24-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #59
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
You obviously have never served in the military. The leadership that represents the military is NOT the military. The real military is the men and women out in the fields and the desert and the swamps who are risking their lives every day so we can be free. The leaders, most of them anyway, are so far detached from reality that lumping them with the military is like grouping hollywood stars with mainstream society.

Saying "fuck the military" and/or "fuck the government" are in and of themselves irrelevant statements that offer nothing in a rational debate.

Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga
Old 07-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #60
st.cronin
General Manager

In other words, "fuck militarism."

knives out
Old 07-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #61
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The leadership is what is representated to the rest of society as "the military". Just as the Cabinet is represented to the rest of society as "the government". Anyone thinking they automatically mean that you are slamming the ordinary soldier or government worker are being stupid, IMO. Or easily offended. In which case, get the panties out of your crotches.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #62
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
My statement wasn't directed specifically at everybody who served in the Military. Hell my grandfather was a jew who served in WWII. It's moreso at the overall idea that the only way to keep peace is to kill people.
Then try saying that in the first place, dumbass.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #63
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Exactly.

Bullshit.

Fuck all you easily offended types . Worse than PC liberals.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #64
molson
General Manager

Quote:

BULLSHIT. You just want to feel offended and be able to say "fuck the government" as well.

I actually don't say either because it's a childish way to talk that accomplishes nothing.

Last edited by molson : 07-24-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #65
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
In other words, "fuck militarism."

Yes...this is much better.

Fuck Militarism.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #66
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Bullshit.

Fuck all you easily offended types . Worse than PC liberals.

I'm not offended - but I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to express disagreement.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #67
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I actually don't say either because it's a childish way to talk that accomplishes nothing.

But you are perfectly ok with people saying "fuck the government", as you'd like the rationalize it away in a way inconsistent with how you see "fuck the military".
Old 07-24-2008, 01:00 PM   #68
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

Then come up with something more concrete than "fuck the military". As St.Cronin said, I feel like you just gave all military members, past and present, the finger.

Is there more than one way to keep peace? Of course there is. But when it comes down to kill or be killed, I will choose the former. Some people you just can't reason with. The Nazis. Al-Queda. Just to name a few.

Of course, we could disband our military. But then we would be Canada. (just kidding for you Canadians).

Quote:
Old 07-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #69
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
The leadership is what is representated to the rest of society as "the military". Just as the Cabinet is represented to the rest of society as "the government". Anyone thinking they automatically mean that you are slamming the ordinary soldier or government worker are being stupid, IMO. Or easily offended. In which case, get the panties out of your crotches.

There are plenty of people who say things similar to "fuck the military" who mean "fuck each and every enlisted soldier." I guess you've never met them.

knives out
Old 07-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #70
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I work in the 'IT' field. If someone said "fuck 'IT'..." I most certainly wouldn't get offended. Sure this is a slightly scaled down analogy, but I think it still works the same way.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #71
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
I work in the 'IT' field. If someone said "fuck 'IT'..." I most certainly wouldn't get offended. Sure this is a slightly scaled down analogy, but I think it still works the same way.

Depends on if you risk your life everyday or not. C'mon, seriously?

Quote:
Old 07-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #72
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Why? They are worthy of being fucked specifically here. It's a moronic decision. What, we have to agree with everything they do?

Sure, the Army's decision in the case is stupid. Just because some higher ups make a stupid decision does not justify damning the military as a whole. This single, isolated incident does not negate all the good that our men and women in the military do for us on a daily basis.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #73
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

Personally I say "fuck it" all the time. My buddy asked me if I wanted to blow off work and get some beers. I said "fuck it" and went.

Please don't get offended.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:10 PM   #74
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Just to thread-jack the thread-jack,

Anyone think the Lions could possibly get a compensatory pick for this?
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #75
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

My one and only point is that not every single person who follows the word "fuck" with government, or military, or anything in the same vein is speaking specifically about you. Don't take it personal...unless you want to take it personal. If that's the case, then that's your problem.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #76
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Sorry, had to get that other post in there before anyone else.

Quote:

FWIW, you may want to read about SASO and phase IV of MCO. The goals for the military aren't to kill people....conversely, it's about helping the local government.

The military also helps out with natural disasters (Hello Dolly) (National Guard).
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #77
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
No one in the IT field, and to a large degree GOVERNMENT, are making sacrifices and risking their lives for others.

Seriously... what the fuck does that matter? I don't think your organization should be shielded from criticism simply because you risk your life in the military. Good for you and all, but I think, say, working in government helping people is worthy of just as much respect and immunity of criticism.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #78
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
Just to thread-jack the thread-jack,

Anyone think the Lions could possibly get a compensatory pick for this?

Let's hope not, Matt Millen would screw that up too.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #79
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Sure, the Army's decision in the case is stupid. Just because some higher ups make a stupid decision does not justify damning the military as a whole. This single, isolated incident does not negate all the good that our men and women in the military do for us on a daily basis.

Just because some higher ups in the government make a stupid decision does not justify damning the government as a whole. But no one thinks they mean that it does when someone says "Fuck the government" after something like FEMA messing up in Katrina.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:18 PM   #80
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Just because some higher ups in the government make a stupid decision does not justify damning the government as a whole. But no one thinks they mean that it does when someone says "Fuck the government" after something like FEMA messing up in Katrina.

Wouldn't you just say "fuck FEMA" or "fuck the leadership of FEMA" or something to that extent?

Quote:
Old 07-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #81
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I think the real enemy here is laziness. 'Fuck the military'? How about 'fuck the military folks who think we need to start wars to ensure peace'? How about 'fuck the government workers who messed up after Katrina? If you cast a wide net, don't be surprised if you catch more than one fish.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #82
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
My one and only point is that not every single person who follows the word "fuck" with government, or military, or anything in the same vein is speaking specifically about you. Don't take it personal...unless you want to take it personal. If that's the case, then that's your problem.

The problem with our society now is that only certain groups are allowed to take things personally.

In this case, I am taking your comments personally because I am a veteran and served this country. I feel that you dishonored me and everyone else who has been in any branch of military service. I am not taking it personally because I am a pussy, or because I just like to argue. I want something more substantial than "fuck the military" in order to validate how you feel about war and peace and all that good stuff.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #83
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wouldn't you just say "fuck FEMA" or "fuck the leadership of FEMA" or something to that extent?

No one really does that. Well, every once in a while they may say "fuck FEMA", but no one says "fuck the leadership of... " unless they a naming someone (like "fuck Brownie")
Old 07-24-2008, 01:24 PM   #84
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The problem with our society now is that only certain groups are allowed to take things personally.

In this case, I am taking your comments personally because I am a veteran and served this country. I feel that you dishonored me and everyone else who has been in any branch of military service. I am not taking it personally because I am a pussy, or because I just like to argue. I want something more substantial than "fuck the military" in order to validate how you feel about war and peace and all that good stuff.

Ah... Patriotic Correctness.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #85
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

FUCK MICHIGAN.

I mean FUCK DETROIT.

I mean FUCK DETROIT PRO SPORTS.

I mean FUCK THE DETROIT LIONS.

I mean FUCK MATT MILLEN.

I mean FUCK MATT MILLEN IN HIS BOOTY.

I mean FUCK MATT MILLEN IN HIS BOOTY WITH A HOT WHEELS CAR.

I mean FUCK MATT MILLEN IN HIS BOOTY WITH A RED HOT WHEELS CAR.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:27 PM   #86
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I prefer the term "make love" to "fuck" or "screw".

Make love to the military.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #87
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

SO LET THE VOICE OF FREEDOM, SING OUT TO THIS LAND

THIS IS OUR COUNTRY
Old 07-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #88
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
FUCK MICHIGAN.

I mean FUCK DETROIT.

I mean FUCK DETROIT PRO SPORTS.

I mean FUCK THE DETROIT LIONS.

I mean FUCK MATT MILLEN.

I mean FUCK MATT MILLEN IN HIS BOOTY.

I mean FUCK MATT MILLEN IN HIS BOOTY WITH A HOT WHEELS CAR.

I mean FUCK MATT MILLEN IN HIS BOOTY WITH A RED HOT WHEELS CAR.

I think he prefers BLUE HOT WHEELS, but not completely sure if that is true.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #89
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
I prefer the term "make love" to "fuck" or "screw".

Make love to the military.

plow.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #90
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Fuck the military? Caleb Campbell says it's the other way around
Old 07-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #91
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
plow.

but of course. plowing the military is a big job. couple of generals might prove difficult.

Last edited by rkmsuf : 07-24-2008 at 01:30 PM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #92
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

This thread has not disappointed.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #93
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yeah, I got that. That's why I tried to fledge out what I said a little bit. No hard feelings on this side.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:32 PM   #94
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Fuck the military != criticism

What, you think he's making a proposition?
Old 07-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #95
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Yeah, I got that. That's why I tried to fledge out what I said a little bit. No hard feelings on this side.

None here either. Just watch out for Pumpy. He likes to sneak up behind you with a lighter and a copy of the last season of Golden Girls.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #96
molson
General Manager

I think it's worth pointing out that every single person who has posted about thinks the army was wrong for pulling this switch. Nobody's sticking up for the army on this and nobody is trying to say they shouldn't be criticized.

ISiddiqui's trying to turn it into a "immunity from criticism" angle and that's not what this is.

Last edited by molson : 07-24-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #97
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I think it's worth pointing out that every single person who has posted about thinks the army was wrong for pulling this switch. Nobody's sticking up for the army on this and nobody is trying to say they shouldn't be criticized.

ISiddiqui's trying to turn it into a "immunity from criticism" angle and that's not what this is.

Would you please quit trying to defend the army.

knives out
Old 07-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #98
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Can I request that SkyDork change Sun Tzu's name? This is getting ridiculous, it's like someone with the name Gandhi running around saying that the US should be bombing the fuck out of the middle east.

Actually, maybe that should be his new name, Gandhi. Someone needs to make this happen.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #99
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
None here either. Just watch out for Pumpy. He likes to sneak up behind you with a lighter and a copy of the last season of Golden Girls.
Well, Estelle Getty did die this week. Consider it a tribute.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:49 PM   #100
RedKingGold
College Starter

Fuck the military.

And if you don't like it, this is an internet message board, so kiss my hairy ass.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 07-24-2008 at 02:49 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote