Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-25-2005, 09:56 AM   #51
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

From the Primetime forums
Quote:
I agree, you have caught me red handed and I shall resign effective immediatley. Here are the keys to my team, it was a good run. Good luck to you all.

and 10 mins later...
Quote:
Wait a minute...how am I cheating? If you rookies can explain it in a way that will clearly state that I have cheated in some form or fashion, I will gladly step a side.

My response to this would have been, "Sorry, you already gave me the keys, and now I've locked the doors."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:58 AM   #52
Hoya1
High School JV

One thing I don't understand is, when you release a guy don't you get the "past injustices" blurb when you try to re-sign them?
Does it not work because these guys were never signed to a contract?
Hoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:14 AM   #53
Clown2
Banned

All old people do NOT STEAL Uncle Leo!

So if its NOT GMAC-ing then its RAIDER-GATE!
Clown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:15 AM   #54
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I take offense at coining a negative term at the expense of the Raiders.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:15 AM   #55
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoya1
One thing I don't understand is, when you release a guy don't you get the "past injustices" blurb when you try to re-sign them?

This is a glitch in multi-player. The "past injustuices" logic doesn't seem to kick in until you cut a guy and have that file processed by the central game. So, if you sumit an offer right away, in the same stage you cut the guy, the player considers it.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:16 AM   #56
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoya1

You go into commish mode, release them, and then save, and then open as your team, and its like they never know you cut them.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:17 AM   #57
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
You go into commish mode, release them, and then save, and then open as your team, and its like they never know you cut them.

NO. This is a different cheat. You can do this on your own, no phony sign-in needed. THIS IS A DIFFERENT CHEAT THAN THE GMAC CHEAT.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:17 AM   #58
JeeberD
General Manager

Can someone in that league PLEASE point out to raider1 that the point he keeps making, "They were in the free agent pool and everyone had a shot at them" is not vaild because, if Clown2 is correct, he made the contract offers in the EXACT SAME STAGE. He signed them for a discoutned price before anyone else had a shot at them, period.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:20 AM   #59
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I just want to say I am glad this stuff doesn't happen in the leagues I am in.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:21 AM   #60
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
NO. This is a different cheat. You can do this on your own, no phony sign-in needed. THIS IS A DIFFERENT CHEAT THAN THE GMAC CHEAT.
damn, i thought that there was some Gmac-ing going on.

Last edited by stevew : 10-25-2005 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:21 AM   #61
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

da da da da da da da

Wow, it seems quite a few people are versed on the subject matter here. No, you can't just cut a rookie and re-sign the guy in the same stage. Sure, you can from your side of the game (as a GM), but the only thing that will happen when the commish imports is the release.

And if you try and re-sign this guy (without cheating) in a later stage, you'll get the past injustices box.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:22 AM   #62
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Can someone in that league PLEASE point out to raider1 that the point he keeps making, "They were in the free agent pool and everyone had a shot at them" is not vaild because, if Clown2 is correct, he made the contract offers in the EXACT SAME STAGE. He signed them for a discoutned price before anyone else had a shot at them, period.

But the question is -- is Clown2 correct? If so, then the two lines, when he was cut, and when he was signed, should appear one above the other, right?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:22 AM   #63
Hoya1
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
exactly. This is what makes this cheating. You don't cut a guy, then decide in the same export that I really do want him.
Hoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #64
Clown2
Banned

I am correct!

I dont think Raider1 needs a response. He knows what he did.
This is what he wrote me.

Thank you very much for your attempt to call me out on the boards. There was no need for a posting, if you would have asked me I would have explained what I did so that you would understand that what I did was not cheating. Do you really think I need to cheat? Give me a break! You are trying to hang me over late round draft picks that will more then likely be cut after training camp. This will all be resolved over time, it is just unfortunate that you would try to call me out.

Oakland Raiders
Vice President / General Manager
2005 PFL Bowl II Champions
2005 AFC Conference Champions
2006 AFC West Division Champions
2005 AFC West Division Champions

Do you see those championships .....those medals your wearing GENERAL
YOU NEVER SERVED IN BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and another thing you did it last year and cut those guys with NO bonus hit.....Raider1 You have NO honor and the reason you died is because God was watching!(in this case the god has a red nose and funny shoes...but he caught you!!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #65
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesUMD
Teams do not cut draft picks that are viable NFL players, so that they can sign them to lower offers. If anything the player would be much more likely to tell the team that drafted him, "due to past injustices, my client refuses to play for your team."

I wish the game had a practice squad. Probably would be a nightmare to implement.

Last edited by stevew : 10-25-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #66
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

I wish I could understand how people find it so hard to play the game in a fair manner.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #67
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
But the question is -- is Clown2 correct? If so, then the two lines, when he was cut, and when he was signed, should appear one above the other, right?

I don't think anyone is arguing that this is an undetectable cheat.

Just that it's a cheat that does indeed get around the "injustices" logic in the game, and theoretically can be used to get cheaper contracts with your players.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:27 AM   #68
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't think anyone is arguing that this is an undetectable cheat.

Just that it's a cheat that does indeed get around the "injustices" logic in the game, and theoretically can be used to get cheaper contracts with your players.

I agree. I just don't know if anyone's bothered to actually find out if they happened in the same stage.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:31 AM   #69
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
I agree. I just don't know if anyone's bothered to actually find out if they happened in the same stage.

oh really
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:33 AM   #70
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

Explain to me how it happens any other way. If you cut a player, he will refuse to sign with you fr the rest of that year, on "injustices" grounds. If the player is cut by a team and signed by the same team -- there's only one way we know of that gets around that game logic -- and it's this cheat. Cut, offer, export -- guy takes a new deal before anyone else gets any chance to sign him. CHEAT.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:33 AM   #71
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I would assume that, unlike GMac's cheat, both transactions would show up (the release and the resign) That is a clearcut cheat (maybe not as a bad as going into commish mode, but still stupid)
Old 10-25-2005, 10:37 AM   #72
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Explain to me how it happens any other way. If you cut a player, he will refuse to sign with you fr the rest of that year, on "injustices" grounds. If the player is cut by a team and signed by the same team -- there's only one way we know of that gets around that game logic -- and it's this cheat. Cut, offer, export -- guy takes a new deal before anyone else gets any chance to sign him. CHEAT.

Right...makes sense now.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:45 AM   #73
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I have no idea why some people try to figure out exploits or cheats like this. Then again, I don't play multiplayer...actually not much FOF at all any more.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:46 AM   #74
Clown2
Banned

RAIDER-GATE GRIPS THE NATION

weeks 1-3 after draft the person cut and signed his 3 rookies in the same export
There is Proof of this....
The Question we ask is why did he offer the league minimum for 2 players but the WR he offered 300,000 did he know what the WR would accept?
#2 He did this last year, he also cuts these 'last year players', with no Bonus HIT but a honest player like myself cuts a rookie after signing them after the draft gets a bonus hit.
PLAIN AND SIMPLE HE IS SAVING CAP MONEY----AND WERE NOT !!!
CHEAT STEAL AND SAVE!!!!
RAIDER-GATE GRIPS THE FRONT OFFICE FOOTBALL NATION!

Last edited by Clown2 : 10-25-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:46 AM   #75
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
oh really

oh really?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:48 AM   #76
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
oh really?

Really, oh?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:48 AM   #77
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown2
I dont think Raider1 needs a response. He knows what he did.
This is what he wrote me.

Thank you very much for your attempt to call me out on the boards. There was no need for a posting, if you would have asked me I would have explained what I did so that you would understand that what I did was not cheating. Do you really think I need to cheat? Give me a break! You are trying to hang me over late round draft picks that will more then likely be cut after training camp. This will all be resolved over time, it is just unfortunate that you would try to call me out.

Oakland Raiders
Vice President / General Manager
2005 PFL Bowl II Champions
2005 AFC Conference Champions
2006 AFC West Division Champions
2005 AFC West Division Champions

Do you see those championships .....those medals your wearing GENERAL
YOU NEVER SERVED IN BATTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and another thing you did it last year and cut those guys with NO bonus hit.....Raider1 You have NO honor and the reason you died is because God was watching!(in this case the god has a red nose and funny shoes...but he caught you!!

please don't drag 'The Almighty®' into this. Next thing you know, we'll be hearing about this from a schoolbus driver.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:48 AM   #78
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
Really, oh?
Really, G
Old 10-25-2005, 10:48 AM   #79
JasonC23
High School Varsity

This is a very dramatic thread.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:49 AM   #80
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
Really, oh?

[shrek]

Really, really.

[/shrek]
Old 10-25-2005, 10:56 AM   #81
Clown2
Banned

ALMIGHTY CLOWN! don't see no bus Driver?
i was quoting

Last edited by Clown2 : 10-25-2005 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:08 AM   #82
Galaxy
Coordinator

I think I'm gonna go eat a Big Mac.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:15 AM   #83
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
ALMIGHTY CLOWN! don't see no bus Driver?
i was quoting

Probably because the bus driver doesn't exist. Like god.

Last edited by sachmo71 : 10-25-2005 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:24 AM   #84
monte_mcguire
n00b

Crap! PRIMETIME has locked the posts, so now I can't post anymore!!!!

Raider wants to stay because he started the league. Weak.
This is the "It's my ball and I'm going home" mentality
monte_mcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:26 AM   #85
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23
This is a very dramatic thread.
I told you this thread had possibilities.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:26 AM   #86
Clown2
Banned

raider1 wrote:
Look, there is really no reason to argue over this. Apparently what I have done has upset some people so I will stop doing it. I hope that you will understand that I was not trying to cheat or gain anything from this. To be honest it really bothers me that you would not want me to stay in the league. I helped Justin form this league earlier this year and have devoted countless hours to it. I was in another league at the same time as this one and actually left over an issue in which my principals were being questioned. My goal was to help just start a league that was fun, where everyone could just be themselves and enjoy the game. As I said, I will cut the players in an effort to make things right.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:27 AM   #87
monte_mcguire
n00b

If he really wanted to make it right he would resign like a man. At least GMAC went out with some class.
monte_mcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:38 AM   #88
Clown2
Banned

Quote:
raider1 wrote:
Look, there is really no reason to argue over this. Apparently what I have done has upset some people so I will stop doing it. I hope that you will understand that I was not trying to cheat or gain anything from this. To be honest it really bothers me that you would not want me to stay in the league. I helped Justin form this league earlier this year and have devoted countless hours to it. I was in another league at the same time as this one and actually left over an issue in which my principals were being questioned. My goal was to help just start a league that was fun, where everyone could just be themselves and enjoy the game. As I said, I will cut the players in an effort to make things right.

1. I want the 400,000 dollars the other 4th rounders got.(You never Paid)

2. I want the bonus money you cheated the league out of last year!

3. I want you to acknowledge NO ONE even saw let alone got a chance to sign your 3 guys you cut and resigned this year.

4. I want you to acknowledge you cut and signed 3draft picks last year, not paying bonus dollars to any of them.

5. I want you to acknowledge you Cheated.

6. I want the League to calculate how much bonus money you cheated the league out of the last 3 years.

7. I want you to give up your championship title.

8. I want you to no longer be the #2 commish.

Last edited by Clown2 : 10-25-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:38 AM   #89
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
raider1 wrote:
Look, there is really no reason to argue over this. Apparently what I have done has upset some people so I will stop doing it. I hope that you will understand that I was not trying to cheat or gain anything from this. (THEN WHY DO IT? - ed.) To be honest it really bothers me that you would not want me to stay in the league. I helped Justin form this league earlier this year and have devoted countless hours to it. I was in another league at the same time as this one and actually left over an issue in which my principals (sic) were being questioned. (GOOD ARGUMENT - I CHEATED SOMEWHERE ELSE, DON'T KICK ME OUT OF THIS LEAGUE TOO!) My goal was to help just start a league that was fun, where everyone could just be themselves (sic) (I AM A CHEATER AND AM JUST BEING MYSELF) and enjoy the game. As I said, I will cut the players in an effort to make things right. (I THINK THIS IS ENOUGH PUNISHMENT, DON'T YOU NOW?)

This is funny on many levels. My emphases and commentary added.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:42 AM   #90
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

That guy is a tool.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:42 AM   #91
Clown2
Banned

I AM NOT A CROOK
Old 10-25-2005, 11:43 AM   #92
Clown2
Banned

ANYONE WANT 2 HONEST CLOWNS IN THEIR LEAGUE?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:44 AM   #93
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

lol...this thread is very interesting. I am so confused, lol.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:05 PM   #94
Clown2
Banned

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." - Abraham Lincoln.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:05 PM   #95
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer
I just want to say I am glad this stuff doesn't happen in the leagues I am in.

That's so true.

Then again.. VPI did make the championship game in the very first year of GEFL... uh-oh!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:08 PM   #96
korme
Go Reds

BTW, someone link me to the "Gmac Scandal". I have never even heard of it yet everyone knows about it but me.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:09 PM   #97
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
BTW, someone link me to the "Gmac Scandal". I have never even heard of it yet everyone knows about it but me.

what rock you been living under?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:15 PM   #98
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Haha, no kidding!

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...ad.php?t=43507
Old 10-25-2005, 12:21 PM   #99
Clown2
Banned

"The great masses of the people . . . will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one." --Adolph Hitler
Old 10-25-2005, 12:21 PM   #100
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
what rock you been living under?

Suicane's ass is HUGE