Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-16-2005, 07:15 PM   #51
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Look around. There are many groups of people in this world, from small tribes to large nationalities to significant ethnic groups, that wish and desire the elimination of other people and groups. If you start ranking them as one being better/worse than another, then you are truly missing the point.

I don't know about that. I think those that actually DO wipe out other people are worse than those that just TALK about it. I don't think that misses the point. And holocaust deniers seem to be a little worse to me than those that glorify cop-killing. I don't see the ability to differentiate levels of "evil" as exclusive from identifying "evil" in the first place.

John Galt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 07:59 PM   #52
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I would accept the point that doing evil is worse than talking evil, though I surmise that in both conditions, the heart, mind and soul are black. But it is hard for us to really know one's heart, thus we have to codify and quantify evil and its actions.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:03 PM   #53
TroyF
Coordinator

One of the more frightening things I've ever seen. It isn't that I like black rap groups that suggest shooting cops or bashing white people. It's wrong and stupid. And I wish there would be more outrage about it.

The thing that makes this different is the "cuteness" factor of the girls. Two cute little blonde girls singing about the myth of an event that slaughtered millions of people. I can't even think of anything similar on the other side. I have trouble even thinking of what it could be. (maybe the little girl on The Cosby Show having a twin sister and singing about the joys of 9/11?)

As KSyrup said, this is like the evil Olsen Twins. From a psycholigical standpoint, I think we are conditioned to seeing certain things. We watch documentaries about the good old boy from the south who puts a white sheet on every now and then. We see rappers everyday tattooed up and cussing about "the system". Not sure about anyone else here, but those type of things don't even cause me to turn my head anymore. I'm disgusted by it, but I've grown used to it.

A couple of kids singing about this? It's frightening to me.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:16 PM   #54
Eilim
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
There are evidently lots of "pro-white" bands who are making these songs. Hell, the article says that these kids are covering a lot of these songs, none of which I had ever even heard of before.

Actually, I've ran across many pro-white songs that weren't really anti-anything during my younger years (was into the Punk/Hardcore/Metal scene.) , the thing is most of the bands that wrote those songs also had quite a collection of the "anti" songs in their library. Most of the songs that did a decent job of hiding nastier side of their true.. erm.. beliefs, were made in hopes of getting airplay.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:21 PM   #55
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Troy, you make it sound like you couldn't imagine such a thing or even knew that such attitudes existed. What makes this notable now is that we have a 24-hour media frenzy digging up and hyping everything possible - including long-held and well established attitudes, behaviors and events and parading them as "news". One might argue that bringing this to the attention of those that are "shocked" would cause justifiable outrage - but it also works the other way - bringing unexpected publicity and support from those that would not have know about such acts. Regardless of publicity or outrage or support or whatever, human conditions will generally not change (e.g, there will always be those promoting hate, genocide, racism, etc.). The best thing we can do is not to give them the added attention that they do not deserve; and promote love to those within our sphere.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:25 PM   #56
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
and promote love to those within our sphere.

Who are you again?
Old 06-16-2005, 08:28 PM   #57
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
Who are you again?

Ok, how about "respect'? Love is reserved for those we can touch. Respect only for those that feel like a glass pane on a desktop.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:29 PM   #58
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Troy, you make it sound like you couldn't imagine such a thing or even knew that such attitudes existed. What makes this notable now is that we have a 24-hour media frenzy digging up and hyping everything possible - including long-held and well established attitudes, behaviors and events and parading them as "news". One might argue that bringing this to the attention of those that are "shocked" would cause justifiable outrage - but it also works the other way - bringing unexpected publicity and support from those that would not have know about such acts. Regardless of publicity or outrage or support or whatever, human conditions will generally not change (e.g, there will always be those promoting hate, genocide, racism, etc.). The best thing we can do is not to give them the added attention that they do not deserve; and promote love to those within our sphere.

Of course I know attitudes like this exist. Nor is it a shock children are learning racist ways. It happens all over the world. We can see that with the children suicide bombers in Israel and the like.

But there IS a difference when you see it. I know that they eat dogs in certain parts of the world. I don't have an issue with it. They see them differently whan we do and that's fine. But actually seeing a dog killed and cooked? That'd make me sick to my stomach and I'd have a tough time eating at a table where someone was eating dog.

And lets face it. . . the racist movement has a hell of a lot better chance expanding with The Olsen Twins ranting than it does with the image of a skinhead or hillbilly with three teeth. The images of those kids do bother me. Maybe I'm wrong because they do or because I'm so desensitized to a lot of the other stuff. . . but just thinking of those girls singing a song about white power makes me squemish.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:31 PM   #59
Suicane75
Coordinator

I had dog once, the the Terrier was good but the Dalmation was a little spotty.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:36 PM   #60
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
So, basically, here's what everyone thinks:

* Saying the jews exaggerated the holocaust is super mega bad. Any attempt to diminish the severity of that event is just sick and depraved and wrong. Never mind that just as many non-jews died at the hand of the Nazis, and nobody seems to mention that.
* Being a multi-platinum recording artist advocating the murder of white people is ok. Because the white man really is the devil anyway. Besides, able-bodied white heterosexual christian males are the only non-protected class in our new and improved politically correct society, and it's ALWAYS ok to bash and make fun of them. In fact, white people should accept this and just make fun of themselves.

Please show me in the interview of those girls where they say that the "inaccuracies of the Holocaust myth" are the exaggerations of the Jews. They don't. They could very well be saying that the Holocaust didn't occur, or they might not be referring to the Jews specifically, in that comment.

As for the rap comparison, for the most part, rappers are playing a part; they're acting. They're no more advocating for the deaths of white people than Slayer is advocating for the devil, or Stephen King is advocating for horrific supernatural events. These people, on the other hand, are preaching a way of life. And they're using 12 year olds to do it. Rappers are entertainers; these people are using entertainment as a means to facilitate a race war. Big difference. At the end of the day, Dr. Dre goes home to his multi-million dollar mansion and kisses just as much white ass as h needs to keep his lifestyle up. These people go home and live the life they're preaching in their fucked up lyrics.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:38 PM   #61
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
I had dog once, the the Terrier was good but the Dalmation was a little spotty.

I had a preposition once. He liked to to repeat himself self on occasion.Sometimes he never showed.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:44 PM   #62
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Using fucked up lyrics (propaganda) to facilitate a race war (or any kind of war between different groups of people)? Aren't there countless examples of exactly that kind of thing throughout history - for good and bad? Those in the know can likely discern but it's the masses that such messages are directed towards and influenced by.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:23 PM   #63
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
I have trouble even thinking of what it could be. (maybe the little girl on The Cosby Show having a twin sister and singing about the joys of 9/11?)

As I recall, wasn't there some really, really, really left-wing Marxist rapper girl out of Oakland who had released an album which featured a cover of her hitting a detonator with joy and blowing up the World Trade Center? Shortly after 9/11 I think those albums got yanked off the shelves, if I remember right.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:26 PM   #64
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack
As I recall, wasn't there some really, really, really left-wing Marxist rapper girl out of Oakland who had released an album which featured a cover of her hitting a detonator with joy and blowing up the World Trade Center? Shortly after 9/11 I think those albums got yanked off the shelves, if I remember right.

Debbie Gibson?
Old 06-16-2005, 09:27 PM   #65
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
So, basically, here's what everyone thinks:

* Saying the jews exaggerated the holocaust is super mega bad. Any attempt to diminish the severity of that event is just sick and depraved and wrong. Never mind that just as many non-jews died at the hand of the Nazis, and nobody seems to mention that.
* Being a multi-platinum recording artist advocating the murder of white people is ok. Because the white man really is the devil anyway. Besides, able-bodied white heterosexual christian males are the only non-protected class in our new and improved politically correct society, and it's ALWAYS ok to bash and make fun of them. In fact, white people should accept this and just make fun of themselves.

Got it. Thanks. I'm not a white supremecist, and I think these girls are as misguided as anyone else, but the rest of you fuckers are hypocrites if you think this is any worse than the shit being spewed by rap artists on MTV 24 hours a day.

Rather than give this what it deserves, I'll try to play nice.

If your argument is that hate is bad, and that racially motivated hate is arguably even worse... I'm with you.

If your argument is that anyone spewing racial hatred is up to no good, then I'm with you too.

If your argument is that some celebrity blacks get away with racial hate speech because we, as a society, are probably gunshy on racial issues, I think there's something to that -- it's at the very least a dabatable point.

Now, if you realy are seething underneath, and are carrying around a real burn about this "last non-porotected class" stuff, that's probably the stop where I have to get off.

As for your comments about the holocaust, I fail to see what you might think you'll gain my raising that argument. Honestly. There are few people motivated to make such an argument (especially when it's completely off point, as it clearly is here) and candidly, not many of them have particularly honorable intentions.

And to continue with the candor, I frequently have my own doubts about anyone whose rhetoric obliges him to start off an argument with "I'm not a racist, but..." or the moral equivalent. I find those who talk themselves into such spots frequently belong there.

I hope your actual intentions were addressed by my earlier points, and not my later ones.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:36 AM   #66
Tara
Mascot

Quote:
Got it. Thanks. I'm not a white supremecist, and I think these girls are as misguided as anyone else, but the rest of you fuckers are hypocrites if you think this is any worse than the shit being spewed by rap artists on MTV 24 hours a day.

Come on, You miss the point.

Frist. They are kids. Make kids sing pro-white stuff is completely crazy.

Second. I don't see the point when you compare Rap with this thing. I can say that most of nowdays MTV rap music is shit just make to make money but that's not rap. If you criticize ICE CUBE and DRE or other real rappers and put them at the same level of this two kids and the things around them you are completely crazy. Real Rap music come from a totally different social contest that's quite different from Prussian country.

Third. If i were a black man I'll be really fucked up about the way the "History" treated me. History (Africa colonization and exploitation) was made by white people. Let you solve the equation.

BTW at this I make your same error. I ve come out from the thread point. The thing is that you cannot make kids do this things. Even if they are black kids (when you talk about rap we are talkin abou adults...). They should have the possibilities to have theyr own ideas. Parents must be arrested.
Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:44 AM   #67
korme
Go Reds

[Chorus:]
Tell me it's real
The feeling that we feel
Tell me that it's real
Don't let love come
Just to pass us by
Try, is all we have to do
It's up to me and you
To make this special love
Last forever more

Baby you told me that you love me and you'd never leave my side
Through the bitter end through the thick and thin
You promised me baby that you wasn't going anywhere, yes you did

Baby keep it real let me know just how you feel

[Repeat Chorus]

I can't explain the way you make me feel
Everytime you tell me that you love me
And you know you did so many times
Just when i thought that love could never be a part of me
That's when you came along
And showed me happiness
Baby you are the best
I think you're different from the rest
I really love you

[Repeat Chorus]

Tell me it's real
This feeling that I fell
Tell me it's real
For your love
I will do anything
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:47 AM   #68
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
[Chorus:]
Tell me it's real
The feeling that we feel
Tell me that it's real
Don't let love come
Just to pass us by
Try, is all we have to do
It's up to me and you
To make this special love
Last forever more

Baby you told me that you love me and you'd never leave my side
Through the bitter end through the thick and thin
You promised me baby that you wasn't going anywhere, yes you did

Baby keep it real let me know just how you feel

[Repeat Chorus]

I can't explain the way you make me feel
Everytime you tell me that you love me
And you know you did so many times
Just when i thought that love could never be a part of me
That's when you came along
And showed me happiness
Baby you are the best
I think you're different from the rest
I really love you

[Repeat Chorus]

Tell me it's real
This feeling that I fell
Tell me it's real
For your love
I will do anything

Karaoke pls, kthnx.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:02 AM   #69
haji1
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara

The thing is that you cannot make kids do this things. Even if they are black kids (when you talk about rap we are talkin abou adults...). They should have the possibilities to have theyr own ideas. Parents must be arrested.

You can make you kids do anything. I do it all the time with mine. Their parents have a belief system that they have passed on to their children. The mother is proud because her children are using their talents to help promote that belief and make some money off of it. How is this any different then any thousands of other parents in this country.

Personally I got sick to my stomach when I read this, but really how is having these two girls sing any different then the Johnson trio in my church going around to local fairs and singing about Christ? Parents have their children do this all the time.
haji1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 03:20 AM   #70
Tara
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by haji1
You can make you kids do anything. I do it all the time with mine. Their parents have a belief system that they have passed on to their children. The mother is proud because her children are using their talents to help promote that belief and make some money off of it. How is this any different then any thousands of other parents in this country.

Personally I got sick to my stomach when I read this, but really how is having these two girls sing any different then the Johnson trio in my church going around to local fairs and singing about Christ? Parents have their children do this all the time.

You right. Nothing to say.
Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:07 PM   #71
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
It is worse. And why are you calling everyone fuckers?

Eh. Bug up my ass yesterday. Sorry about that.

I still think there's a double-standard at work here. But, whatever. I get pissed off at these things pretty easily. For example, my new company offers a standard new employee referall bonus of $2,000. But they just implemented a new "diversity" policy that says if you refer a woman, african american, or other "underrepresented" minority, you get $6,000.

Now, I really like my new company. But I really dislike this policy. Why am I worth more to the company if I have darker pigmentation or a vagina?

I'm gonna regret the last part of that question...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:20 PM   #72
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Why am I worth more to the company if I have darker pigmentation or a vagina?

Don't sweat it. You are worth more to me if you have a penis.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:35 PM   #73
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
Rather than give this what it deserves, I'll try to play nice.

If your argument is that hate is bad, and that racially motivated hate is arguably even worse... I'm with you.

If your argument is that anyone spewing racial hatred is up to no good, then I'm with you too.

If your argument is that some celebrity blacks get away with racial hate speech because we, as a society, are probably gunshy on racial issues, I think there's something to that -- it's at the very least a dabatable point.

Now, if you realy are seething underneath, and are carrying around a real burn about this "last non-porotected class" stuff, that's probably the stop where I have to get off.

As for your comments about the holocaust, I fail to see what you might think you'll gain my raising that argument. Honestly. There are few people motivated to make such an argument (especially when it's completely off point, as it clearly is here) and candidly, not many of them have particularly honorable intentions.

And to continue with the candor, I frequently have my own doubts about anyone whose rhetoric obliges him to start off an argument with "I'm not a racist, but..." or the moral equivalent. I find those who talk themselves into such spots frequently belong there.

I hope your actual intentions were addressed by my earlier points, and not my later ones.

As always your patience, and clarity of thinking in the face of ignorance astounds me... Very well placed points and extremely carefully worded.

Now get back to the Ranch... I need an update...

-Chas

Last edited by Chas in Cinti : 06-17-2005 at 12:39 PM.
Chas in Cinti is offline   Reply With Quote