Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2005, 09:02 PM   #51
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailsFS
I feel for you guys, I've got about 11 inches right now, but luckily it looks like its stopping. On the plus side, hopefully the games tomm will be nice and snowy. Too bad theyve got the damn fields heated, so instead of (hopefully) classic games, there will most likely be wet conditions and sloppy execution.
I heard that Pittsburgh got about 5 inches but it was all done by late aftenoon. Won't effect the game tomorrow. It's really too bad it wasn't in Foxboro. I live in the town next to Foxboro and the forcast is for 20-30 inches. Ending tomorrow mid-day.

Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:04 PM   #52
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
I think I should open the She-Rahn Bed & Breakfast for all you folks who need a break from winter.

She-Rahn Bed & Breakfast? Sounds like a foreign place or something....Are those Sun tickets included?
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:05 PM   #53
McSweeny
College Starter

11 inches here so far

lots more to come

can't wait
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:10 PM   #54
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
i'm not sure I understand the need either. But I was told that that's what I have to do (hazards of still living at home). I guess the thinking is that that way it won't ever get TOO high and it will be slightly easier each time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
If you don't have a fancy new one with a huge blade, as in my case, doing it when it gets higher than the top of the blower is a pain in the ass. So if you do the first 8 inches, and then the next 8, it's much easier and faster than 16" at the same time.

You guys are probably right. I'm not really used to seeing this amount of snow coming at once. I mean we do get plenty over the course of the Winter season, and it stays, so we have a lot on the front and backyard, but now that I think about it, 10-14 inches in one snowstorm is about the max I've seen in recent years... We do get it sometimes much colder though, like it is right now...

FM
Old 01-22-2005, 10:19 PM   #55
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Update: The Weatherbug Blizzard report is now saying that this could be "one of the five worst snowstorms in recorded New England history"
Old 01-22-2005, 10:20 PM   #56
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
She-Rahn Bed & Breakfast? Sounds like a foreign place or something....Are those Sun tickets included?

The She-Rahn Bed & Breakfast has a full range of daily activities available to its guests. Sporting events included.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 12:18 PM   #57
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, the snow's slower now.. but I measured an openfield out there, 32.5 inches of snow so far, and we're not done yet. We lost power for a bit, the wind is fierce.. I may call into work tommorrow if the wind continues to be this bad. :/
Old 01-23-2005, 12:30 PM   #58
miked
College Starter

I live on the evac route in the North End of Boston...a few suckers didn't get their cars out and they are absolutely buried and probably have 10 tickets.
miked is offline   Reply With Quote