Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2005, 09:35 PM   #51
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Here is a question though. If you're the secretary of defense and you know that you are going to be killed shortly (barring some miracle) would you just surrender or start taking out as many as you could while you had an AK-47 in your hands. He just kind of stopped when the first couple entered the room at the other end. My FPS instincts would have said to take them out as they entered (see PC games can help save your life if you are ever kidnapped by terrorists).

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #52
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
It seems like the only thing Jack hasn't done or had is uncontrollable diarrhea.

Maybe that's in the next hour. That's how he gets away from the police (who would want to cuff him then?).
Old 01-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #53
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Yes, but he is trying to protect his daughter. He knows he will die but he wants to get her out alive somehow and by shooting up the place, he risks her life as well.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #54
JimboJ
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan
Here is a question though. If you're the secretary of defense and you know that you are going to be killed shortly (barring some miracle) would you just surrender or start taking out as many as you could while you had an AK-47 in your hands. He just kind of stopped when the first couple entered the room at the other end. My FPS instincts would have said to take them out as they entered (see PC games can help save your life if you are ever kidnapped by terrorists).

I think he's only concerned with saving his daughter's life at this point.
JimboJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:40 PM   #55
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

True, but who really believes that the daughter would live after the off him?
Old 01-10-2005, 09:41 PM   #56
JimboJ
High School Varsity

I thought that whole gas station robbery thing was pretty silly. They said he only needed to stall him for 5 more minutes. Wouldn't it be easier to just punture his tire? That would have stopped him long enough to change the tire.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:42 PM   #57
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: Also, he already shot on sight at the guy with the AK-47 while he only had a hand gun. Why not shoot on sight the next time? He was already out-gunned once and decided to fight instead of surrender.

Sorry, just thinking too much into it.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:43 PM   #58
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Maybe that's in the next hour. That's how he gets away from the police (who would want to cuff him then?).

Officer 1: You cuff him!
Officer 2: I can't, its spewing out like a volcano........
Jack: Aaaaaaaaagh, I can't stop it!

I should write for the show.

How many episodes do you think it will take Belarus or whatever his name is, to turn on his parents, and they try to kill him? Driscoll to get demoted or fired? The woman from talk soup to create some sort of major problem? DO you think Omar is the main bad guy? Usually they introduce the bad guys a little bit at a time, so I wonder who is the Main bad guy because you know Omar is number 2 to somebody.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:44 PM   #59
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboJ
I thought that whole gas station robbery thing was pretty silly. They said he only needed to stall him for 5 more minutes. Wouldn't it be easier to just punture his tire? That would have stopped him long enough to change the tire.

That was one of my first thoughts, but I had a feeling that they were going to go with the hold up. Though it at least got the kidnapper disarmed and no longer in his own vehicle.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:45 PM   #60
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
dola: Also, he already shot on sight at the guy with the AK-47 while he only had a hand gun. Why not shoot on sight the next time? He was already out-gunned once and decided to fight instead of surrender.

Sorry, just thinking too much into it.

He wasn't outgunned. The first two guys came up on him and it was basically one on one. He dropped his weapon when it was about 8 on 1 and he was surrounded.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:47 PM   #61
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboJ

He wasn't sure when the satellite was going to be up and running. If he would've punctured the tire, he could have fixed it and left. By robbing the store, jack could stall for as long as possible until he was sure that the satellite was up.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:51 PM   #62
JimboJ
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
He wasn't sure when the satellite was going to be up and running. If he would've punctured the tire, he could have fixed it and left. By robbing the store, jack could stall for as long as possible until he was sure that the satellite was up.

Plus, it got Jack in trouble with the local cops - something that happens at least once every season.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:15 PM   #63
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
That was one of my first thoughts, but I had a feeling that they were going to go with the hold up. Though it at least got the kidnapper disarmed and no longer in his own vehicle.
Don't forget he also got his ID and tried to get his cell phone.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:09 AM   #64
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I thought these two episodes were kinda meh. I liked Jack holding up the convience store but that was outweighed by the bringing in of a new "Sherry" and nothing good can come out of the Driscoll's daughter plotline.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 06:33 AM   #65
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
I thought these two episodes were kinda meh. I liked Jack holding up the convience store but that was outweighed by the bringing in of a new "Sherry" and nothing good can come out of the Driscoll's daughter plotline.

I think that Driscoll's daughter will somehow know Debbie and say something to her mother to make her "believe" something she wasn't previously believing.

As usual the show is overly dramatic at times, but it's still a great show...it's entertaining and keeps you guessing from week to week.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:07 AM   #66
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Season's been ok so far. I haven't watched season three, but a LOT of this is a stupid re-hash of Season 2, no? Well, at least the whole Jack is working for CTU, but really not working for CTU and there are people at CTU working with Jack, but they have to do it secretly, because CTU command really wants Jack brought in. So you have people sneaking around CTU helping Jack while other little snitches keep glancing over their shoulder and give those helping Jack "meaningful" suspicious looks. This is exactly what happened in Season 2. Exactly. Well, until they all finally come around and realize Jack is right. He's always right.

The terrorist parents are playing this very stupid. Their kid was right. It was better to leave Debbie alive. Less of a risk, especially if "after today nothing will matter." Like that love-sick teen would have ever put two and two together? Morons.

Also, what's up with the sensory deprivation torture? Lame. Everyone knows that they way you get info from people in those rooms is to run in, throw the table aside, and start yelling at them. You draw a gun if you have to. It's what Jack always does...

Erin Driscol was much more effective when she was on Le Femme Nikita.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:24 AM   #67
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Everyone knows that they way you get info from people in those rooms is to run in, throw the table aside, and start yelling at them. You draw a gun if you have to. It's what Jack always does...

I tried that approach when asking my boss for a raise, it didn't work that well.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:20 AM   #68
G-Man
High School JV

Season 3 was the most intense yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Season's been ok so far. I haven't watched season three, but a LOT of this is a stupid re-hash of Season 2, no? Well, at least the whole Jack is working for CTU, but really not working for CTU and there are people at CTU working with Jack, but they have to do it secretly, because CTU command really wants Jack brought in. So you have people sneaking around CTU helping Jack while other little snitches keep glancing over their shoulder and give those helping Jack "meaningful" suspicious looks. This is exactly what happened in Season 2. Exactly. Well, until they all finally come around and realize Jack is right. He's always right.

The terrorist parents are playing this very stupid. Their kid was right. It was better to leave Debbie alive. Less of a risk, especially if "after today nothing will matter." Like that love-sick teen would have ever put two and two together? Morons.

Also, what's up with the sensory deprivation torture? Lame. Everyone knows that they way you get info from people in those rooms is to run in, throw the table aside, and start yelling at them. You draw a gun if you have to. It's what Jack always does...

Erin Driscol was much more effective when she was on Le Femme Nikita.

You need to watch season 3 to understand the dynamics of what is going on at CTU, today....