Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-09-2004, 10:14 PM   #51
DukeRulesMAB
College Prospect

Beat you by a couple weeks to Brilliant.

That's one nice set of trainees you have there!

FOFL: I may be the commish, but it's still pretty good.

DukeRulesMAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 09:43 AM   #52
Havok
College Starter

Youth Pull and Economic Update

Camilo De la Fuente (29427454)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is temperamental and honest.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 5 000 US$
Wage: 520 US$/week
Owner: Maniacal Misfitz
Warnings: 0

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: wretched
Winger: poor Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: passable

I doubt he'll sell, so i fired him........

Economic Update

Cash funds: 723 713 US$ (676 459) US$
Sponsors: dancing in the streets
Supporter Club: 1739 members
Supporters: high on life

This week

Revenue------------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0------------------------------Arena 27 080
Sponsors 95 700----------------------Wages 44 374
Financial 0----------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0--------------------------Temporary 2 000
--------------------------------------Staff 49 500
--------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 95 700------------------Total expenses 142 954
Expected income/loss -47 254

With yet another home cup game this week (Thats now 4 straight weeks!!) i'll add another 184k to my bank account. Also starting next week, 5 out of my last 8 games will be at home so the money should continue to roll in at a pretty reasonable pace. I have a plan for all the money im saving up....

First off when i sell Jakob Mogensen in a few weeks as a Brilliant middy, after the 10% fees i should get around 2.5 million for him. At that time i should also have around 1.2 million in the bank. With that 3.7 million or so i plan on buying a outstanding Forward with inadaqute passing and solld or better set peices. That should cost around 2.1 million and i'll also pick up a nice trainee for 500-600k.

After those 2 buys i should have at least 900k in the bank... give or take a 100k. Then its back to saving money again until i get around 1.8 million, then i'll be looking to buy a nice outstanding winger with inadequate or better PM and passing. Those 2 upgrades should help my offense enough to last me for another 1 - 1.5 seasons until i get a chance to upgrade it again, Because next season all my money will go towards upgrading my defenders.

Thats my plan as it stands right now..... but you know me. Its subject to change at anytime

This Weeks Games

League Game

So it begins.... The most brutal 4 game stretch it Misfitz history will begin sunday. I've been dreading this all season, over the next 4 weeks i play the best 2 teams in the divison twice each!! I start it off this week on the road versus probally one of the best Counter-Attacking teams in the USA... Monkey of Doom.

Monkey of Doom
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Counter-attacks
Tactic skill: outstanding

Midfield: solid - (7)
Right Side Defence: mythical - (17)
Central Defence: divine - (20)
Left Side Defence: extra-terrestrial - (16)
Right Side Attack: magnificent - (12)
Central Attack: world class - (13)
Left Side Attack: solid - (7)

NSI - 106

These guys are the real deal, if for what-ever reason i decided i wanted to train defender and play CA. This is how i'd do it (but i'd get a balanced coach instead of a defensive coach). The 4-3-3 with 2 middy's is probally the best way to counter attack. Your defense is very strong with 4 defenders and your attack with 3 forwards is strong enough to convert those CA's events into goals. Honestly im in way over my head on sunday and only with complete and utter dumb luck would it be possible for a win or tie. I'll just play my starters, PIC, and hope for the best.

USA Cup Game

The Misfitz shocking cup run ends on wednesday, It was a great run. Way better then i expected and the extra money i've made will help me out alot. But this week i take on a legendary USA HT team.... Slashers FC. Love them or hate them, They're still probally the fourth best team in the country. These are his cup ratings from last week......

Slashers FC
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (Unlimited)

Midfield: outstanding - (10)
Right Side Defence: excellent - (8)
Central Defence: formidable - (9)
Left Side Defence: outstanding - (10)
Right Side Attack: world class - (13)
Central Attack: brilliant - (11)
Left Side Attack: brilliant - (11)

NSI - 92

Now that might not look overly impressive for a ML team. But he played quite a few bums in this game. I have a feeling he'll at least throw his starting goalie in vs me and probally another starting forward. Either way its not worth trying to win this game, i've made it far enough in the USA Cup. And like my buddy Duke said.... "It's an honor just to get to play a ML team in the Cup, you know you've done as well as you possible can." I couldn't agree more.......

Upnext, This weeks league game
Old 04-12-2004, 10:37 AM   #53
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - League Game - Round 6

Monkey of Doom - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

Here goes nothing! The dreaded 4 weeks of hell start for the Misfitz today. And what better way to start it off then vs one of the best teams in all of divison IV. MOD and they're brutal 4-3-3 CA are extremely deadly, they easily average between 100 - 108 NSI every week. Im not sure what sacres me more.... his Divine defense lead by USA national teamer Dane Crain or his offense lead by Stig Möllerström, a 6 star a game swedish forward. Pretty much every player in his starting line-up is better then any player i have at that postion. The one good thing here is that he is a counter attacking team with only 2 middies so at least i won't get blown out. Im just gonna play my starters, PIC and hope for the best.

Starters

GK - Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy

Central Defender 1 - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
Central Defender 2 - Omar Nairn
Left Wingback - Joseph MacKindlay (Defensive)

Right Winger - James MacChoiter (Towards The Middle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
Inner Midifelder 3 - Huey Miller
Left Winger -Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Bill Wright
Forward 2 - Maik Waldner

Changing things up alittle here today. Since MOD's central attack is so strong and usually his left side attack is weak since he has no winger on that side. Im gonna play 2 CD's today and no right wingback, hopfully he won't switch around his line-up. As for the starters, well they're about that same as they have been, defense is in crappy form and the rest of the team is average. Unfortunetly my only good offensive winger Andi Neiweiler as dropped down to inadequate form, this will definitly hurt my attack some.

The Match

65000 spectators had come to The Jungle this cloudy day. Monkey had chosen a strategic 4-3-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Bäckerberg - Paxton, Crain, Green, Voss - Burris, Fagerholt, Gabrielsson - Kristiansson, Möllerström, Mathiasson.

Maniacal started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Geoffroy - Nairn, Ferreira da Silv, MacKindlay - MacChoiter, Miller, Noer Mogensen, Neiva, Neiweiler - Wright, Waldner.

A badly positioned defensive formation on a free kick in the 29:th minute led to Maniacal´s Bill Wright giving the visitors the lead 0 - 1.

After 30 minutes Robert Kristiansson made a dash down the middle past the away teams defenders scoring 1 - 1.

Monkey broke through to the left in the 32nd minute, Michael Fagerholt firing at an acute angle giving the home side a 2 - 1 lead.

Bill Wright came close to levelling the score in the 32nd minute, as he was set up with a through ball coming in from the left, but his shot hit the post.

The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 1. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

Alan Green unexpectedly struck an inside out ball from no angle at all, and Robert Kristiansson forwarded it into goal for 3 - 1.

Tommy Bäckerberg made a brilliant save in the 65:th minute, blocking a projectile coming in from James MacChoiter on the right hand side.

The referee showed Maniacals Huey Miller the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Johan Mathiasson the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game, so Terje Hagen had to come off the bench.

In the games 85:th minute Maniacal replied, reducing the lead to 3 - 2. Maik Waldner scored on a marvellous cross pass coming in from the left.

Monkey, bringing the final ball possession rate to 51 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Monkey player was Dane Crain. However, Terje Hagen made a disastrous appearance. Maniacal´s best player was Jakob Noer Mogensen. James MacChoiter on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 3 - 2

Goals

Bill Wright - 1
Maik Waldner - 1

Player Ratings

4.0 - Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy

3.0 - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
2.5 - Omar Nairn
3.0 - Joseph MacKindlay (Defensive)

2.5 - James MacChoiter (Towards The Middle)
4.5 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
4.5 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
3.5 - Huey Miller
3.0 -Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)

3.0 - Bill Wright
3.5 - Maik Waldner

37 - Stars

Team Ratings

Monkey of Doom

Midfield: excellent - (8)
Right Side Defence: extra-terrestrial - (16)
Central Defence: divine - (20)
Left Side Defence: magical - (19)
Right Side Attack: brilliant - (11)
Central Attack: world class - (13)
Left Side Attack: solid - (7)

NSI - 109

Maniacal Misfitz
Team Attitude: Play it Cool

Right Side Defence: solid - (7)
Central Defence: brilliant - (11)
Right Side Attack: passable - (6)
Central Attack: excellent - (8)
Left Side Attack: formidable - (9)

NSI - 75

Post Game Comments

Hey.... at least we made a game out of it. They may have beatin us by 34 NSI but they only won by one goal Honestly i think he messed up and didn't counter attack me. I'm actually glad he didn't because i just barely beat him in possession in the first half so he might have gottin a couple CA chances plus the 2 regular scoring chances he got already. Either way he won so it doesn't matter, on the bright side since i kept the score close and since he's the first place team in the divison, my supporters and team confidence are still very high. Plus im back at POE TS after that PIC. I gotta admit im glad this game is done with, just 3 more brutal league games to go and then i can finally get back to playing some winnable games

Stars Of The Game

Gold - Jakob Noer Mogensen - Jakob continues to play inspired soccer on the pitch, he beat his previous best game today by 5% and i think he's inching his way closer to a 5 star game. If he can sneak out a 5 star game before i sell him that should increase his sale value some.

Silver - Bill Wright - Bill's solid set peices netted him yet another goal in his impressive career. And now i can at least say that for 1 whole minute, i was actually beating MOD thanks to Bill's goal

Bronze - Maik Waldner - Maik's goal was actually a little more impressive, he scored a regular goal vs MOD's ET right defense. Im sure more luck was involved then skill, but i'll take it.

Around The Divison

pegasus - vs - Cons Commando 5 - 0

Just like always the team i play next week gets a walkover right before they play me. I got so incredibly screwed with my schedule this season.

Havoc - vs - Pie Eaters 3 - 1

Havoc's spending spree is over and now he's got himself a VERY tough squad. Today he got a 95 NSI with a very strong all around game. Im glad i beat Havoc when i did, because it ain't gonna happen again anytime soon This win also helps me out some, Since The Pie Eaters are one of my closest rival's this season.

Carebears - vs - The Family Jewels 2 - 1

As expected here, FJ continues to play they're 5-4-1 pressing so the score was close. But Carebears just had to much midfield and won 2-1.

Divison Standings

-------Team------------Played------------Goals-------------Points

1. Monkey of Doom--------6---------------17 - 4--------------16

2. pegasus----------------6---------------20 - 6--------------13

3. Maniacal Misfitz---------6---------------15 - 7--------------10

4. Carebears---------------6--------------11 - 11--------------10

5. Havoc------------------6---------------11 - 10--------------9

6. Pie Eaters--------------6----------------12 - 12--------------6

7. The Family Jewels-------6----------------8 - 14--------------4

8. Cons Commandos-------6-----------------0 - 30-------------0

Upnext, This weeks Final USA Cup Game
Old 04-14-2004, 09:06 PM   #54
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - USA Cup - Round 4

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Slashers FC

Im honestly shocked im in round 7 of the USA Cup, im also equally as shocked that im playing the 4th overall seed in the USA Cup and former USA National Team coach Slashers FC. Its been dam fun over the last few weeks but im about 99% sure that today will end our cup run. Im just so incredibly overmatched its not funny. After Slashers humilitating round 3 cup exit last season, i kinda figured this year they'd want blood. So i'll just be PIC'ing, playing my full B-team and getting them ready for the start of the FOFC Cup next week. Lets just hope we can score at least 1 goal so our supporters don't freak out.

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Right Wingback - Omar Nairn (Defensive)
Central Defender - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
Left Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Defensive)

Right Winger - Imboon Prakardsakda (Towards The MIddle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Karl Leitner
Left Winger - Benton Minter (Towards The Middle)

Forward 1 - Abel Cano
Forward 2 - Maik Waldner

Thats pretty much my full B-team playing, mixed with a couple starters since i have a small B-team. Alot of these guys are in kinda crappy form since they've played only a few games all season. Hopfully today's game will get them into decent shape for the start of the FOFC Cup next week.

The Match

42000 spectators had come to The Island of Misfit Toyz this cloudy day. Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Landowski - Nairn, Ferreira da Silv, ben Aharon - Prakardsakda, Jonasson, Dyrberg, Leitner, Minter - Cano, Waldner.

Slashers tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Silversten - Jeremy, Hardy, Dudley - Bass, Torsson, Gedsø, Rich, Kwan - Mimura, Säftorp.

Myong-Bok Kwan sprang high, as always, and was very close to scoring with a header after a corner, but missed just barely.

Slashers took the lead after 26 minutes with 0 - 1. Conny Säftorp placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left.

The referee showed Maniacals Benton Minter the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Slashers were forced to a substitution as Krister Torsson couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Craig Guest to come in from the sidelines.

Halftime score was 0 - 1. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

After 57 minutes Maniacal´s Omar Nairn contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game.

Abel Cano pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 65:th minute, wove through the guests whole central defense line and put the 1 - 1 equaliser away.

Omar Nairn of Maniacal received a yellow card in the 75:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

1 - 2 was a funny story: the seemingly nonchalant lob from Slashers´s Jack Jeremy landed at the feet of Paul Coffey Mimura who sent it into the net - goal!

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

Maniacal´s best player was Iver Dyrberg. Karl Leitner on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Slashers player was without a doubt Conny Säftorp. Craig Guest was a disappointment, however.

The match ends 1 - 2

Goals

Abel Cano - 1

Player Ratings

3.0 - Marcin Landowski

2.5 - Omar Nairn (Defensive)
3.0 - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
2.5 - Naftali ben Aharon (Defensive)

2.0 - Imboon Prakardsakda (Towards The MIddle)
3.5 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
3.5 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)
2.0 - Karl Leitner
2.0 - Benton Minter (Towards The Middle)

2.0 - Abel Cano
3.5 - Maik Waldner

29.5 Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz

Left Side Defence: formidable - (9)
Right Side Attack: inadequate - (5)
Left Side Attack: inadequate - (5)

NSI - 68

Slashers FC

Right Side Defence: formidable - (9)
Right Side Attack: magnificent - (12)
Left Side Attack: world class - (13)

NSI - 88

Post Game Comments

DAM!!! i was expecting to get completely slaughtered, but after i injuried his 8.5 million dollar middy(for 3 weeks ) that made the game ALOT closer.... I actually barely held possession in both halves! He didn't play his starting keeper and he also left out 1 of his starting forwards. So his offense and defense weren't quite as overpowering as they could have been. Im a little surprised he didn't take us more seriously and it almost cost him. But in the end a dam late event goal beat us. And that marks the end of The Misfitz season 4 USA Cup run..... i couldn't be happier All the extra money i made from 4 home games will be a big help when it comes time to upgrade my team in a couple weeks.

Upnext is the FOFC Cup in which we are the 5th overall seed and the top seed in group E! Next week we also get to play fellow HT dynasty writer Dataking and his Screamin' Seaman for the first time ever!! It should be fun!!!

Upnext, This weeks training and form update
Old 04-14-2004, 10:12 PM   #55
Havoc99
n00b

Ok, now that 1. I've moved 2500 miles 2. I finished a trip to Montreal & 3. Finally ended my awful losing streak I am again spending time on HT.

Congrats on your nice run you illiterate
Havoc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:08 PM   #56
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc99
Ok, now that 1. I've moved 2500 miles 2. I finished a trip to Montreal & 3. Finally ended my awful losing streak I am again spending time on HT.

Congrats on your nice run you illiterate

Spelling is overrated.....

and so is Havoc

Last edited by Havok : 04-14-2004 at 11:09 PM.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:06 AM   #57
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

No PM bumps this week and none were expected. Next week should be interesting, 2 guys 'Might' bump. They're both on the borderline, 1 is 20 years old and will have 8 weeks of training and the other is 19 years old and will have 7 weeks of training. Im hoping 1 pops earley but the chances are that they both will bump in 2 weeks. When they do bump 5 out of my 6 midfielders will have outstanding PM or better! I'll keep my fingers crossed

Form

Im so due for a an amazing form update.... but it didn't happen this week of course. 4 more starters found a way to drop in form while 3 rose a level. Fortunetly for us it sounds worse then it really is, since all the guys that dropped had solid form so at least they're still in passable form. My defense is starting to show signs of life, while one of my staretrs dropped to passable form, my best defender Joesph MacKindlay finally pulled out of weak form. Hopfully his form will continue to climb, i really need to get him back to passable or better form. The last bit of news comes from my goalie, he finally stopped his 5 week value/form drop and added 8k in value. Now i know that ain't much from a 820k valued keeper but its a step in the right direction!

4 Player Increased in Form this week (3 Starters)
4 Players Decreased in Form this week (4 Starters)

Team/Player Vaule

Value per player (average): 327 263 US$ (+13,158)
Total squad value: 6 218 000 US$ (+250,000)
Average age: 22
Current form (average): passable
Experience (average): poor
No of players (excluding the coach): 19
Number of nationalities: 13

And we explode right past 6 million team assessed value!!

Upnext, This weeks Youth Pull and Economic Update
Old 04-17-2004, 08:00 PM   #58
Havok
College Starter

Clinton Duckworth (29797881)
A nasty fellow who is fiery and honest.
Has disastrous experience and solid leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 36 000 US$
Wage: 680 US$/week

Stamina: passable Goaltending: disastrous
Winger: solid Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

And our horrible youth squad continues to produce crap. This guy might be the worst possible player with a solid primary skill. His secondary's are just horrific and he's an anti-clown. I listed him for 1k but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't sell.

Economic Update

Cash funds: 861 922 US$ (814 658) US$
Supporter Club: 1756 members

This week

Revenue----------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0----------------------------Arena 27 080
Sponsors 96 690--------------------Wages 44 374
Financial 0--------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0------------------------Temporary 3 000
------------------------------------Staff 49 500
------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 96 690 Total expenses 143 954
Expected income/loss -47 264

All those home cup games really lined my bank account and i also have a home league game this week. But i have no plans on buying anyone until after i sell Jakob in a couple weeks.

This Weeks Games

League Game

Week 2 in my 4 straight league games against the top 2 teams in the divison. This time we take on pegasus.... they are a very Midfield heavy team with a pretty good central attack to boot.

pegasus
Tactic: Attack in the middle
Tactic skill: formidable

Midfield: titanic - (15)
Right Side Attack: excellent - (8)
Central Attack: magnificent - (12)

NSI - 102

Now i seriously doubt i'll face a titanic midfield since he's on the road, but a magnifcent or World Class wouldn't surprise me. Chances of me winning this game are slim, but not impossible. I know how im gonna play this game but i also know the owner of pegasus and Havoc talk sometimes and im not sure if Havoc told him about this dyansty or not. So im not taking any chances and giving away my game plan

FOFC Cup Game

So my USA cup finally ends just in time for the start of the FOFC Cup!!! My first game in group play is probally the one im looking forward tothe most. For the first time in Misfitz history we get to play DataKing's Screamin Seaman! The two oldest HT dyansty writers finally get a chance to duke it out in the FOFC Cup!!!

Screamin' Seamen

Midfield: passable - (6)
Right Side Defence: outstanding - (10)
Left Side Defence: excellent - (8)
Right Side Attack: solid - (7)
Central Attack: solid - (7)
Left Side Attack: excellent - (8)

NSI - 67

Since DK and I both have really tough league games this week, its safe to say our FOFC Cup game will be a battle of the B-teams. He'll have the better defense i think and our offenses should be pretty close. But i definitely have the midfield advantage, My trainee's are farther along then his plus i get home field advantage. Thats very good news for us, but i still think it will be a very close game. Im not really worried about anyone else in our group so if we can beat DK on wedensday, i have a good feeling we should advance out of group with little problem.

Upnext, This weeks League Game
Old 04-17-2004, 08:01 PM   #59
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Stamina: passable Goaltending: disastrous
Winger: solid Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak hmm

solid winger... 1k...
hmm.
hmmm.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:02 PM   #60
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

dola,

alright, i'm game.. 1k it is.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:04 PM   #61
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
dola,

alright, i'm game.. 1k it is.

cool
Old 04-17-2004, 08:05 PM   #62
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

no problem

i have one solid winger and 3 passables. want one back?
Old 04-17-2004, 08:14 PM   #63
DukeRulesMAB
College Prospect

Solid primaries will always sell....I'd suspect you'll get 10K-ish for him at least.

Old 04-19-2004, 12:04 AM   #64
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - League Game - Round 7

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - pegasus

This week the best midfield in divison IV.41 rolls into town and i bet your thinking..... "Havok, Just how good are they??". Well i'll show ya

Mikey Ware - Assessed value: 3 482 000 US$ ( He's probally somewhere around halfway to supernatural PM, Maybe better)

Elvis Gandy - Assessed value: 2 627 000 US$ (I think he's around World Class PM, give or take a week)

Darryl Johnson - Assessed value: 1 425 000 US$ (This kid is only 19 and he's probally very close to magnifcent PM)

There ya have it, thats what im up against. These guys are basically unbeatable at home so next week when i play them on the road im just gonna take my butt-kicking and move on. But this week is a different story..... Havoc informed me earlier this season that Pegasus has a bad habit of Picing games they shouldn't. So with that in mind, im gonna try to win this bad boy today!!!

Im not gonna do anything stupied like MOTS, but i will play normal and also play my best back-up middy (Iver Dyrberg) as a "winger towards the middle". So with that and my very high TS, i should get my best midfield rating ever today. And if Pegasus PIC's like i hope they will, our midfelds should be very close today. If i get a few lucky breaks i might walk away with a tie today or even a win!!!

Starters

Central Defender - Joseph MacKindlay
Left Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)

Right Winger - Iver Dyrberg (Towards The Middle)
Inner Midfiedler 3 - Huey Miller
Left Winger - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Bill Wright
Forward 2 - Maik Waldner

After another disappointing form week, only 2 players in my line-up are above passable form. Jakob and Iver. Thankfully they're both midfielders. Everyone else is either in passable or lower form. So im not expecting anything special out of my offense or defense, but my midfield rating should be sweet. Hopfully that will be enough to get us a point(or 3) out of this game.

The Match

Due to an all-day shower, 37621 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at The Island of Misfit Toyz. Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Geoffroy - Nairn, MacKindlay, Ferreira da Silv - Dyrberg, Miller, Noer Mogensen, Neiva, Neiweiler - Wright, Waldner.

pegasus tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Steiger - Gallant, Leitch, Adolfsson - Mullins, Gandy, Ware, Johnson, Beach - Jiménez, Wichlacz.

pegasus were mostly trying to use the flanks for their attacks.

pegasus´s Dariusz Wichlacz gave the visitors a 0 - 1 lead in the 2nd minute with a superb strike from the right.

Joseph MacKindlay pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 17:th minute, wove through the guests whole central defense line and put the 1 - 1 equaliser away.

pegasus had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy saved Richard Mullins´s shot headed for the top corner.

Halftime score was 1 - 1. Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 55 percent, dominated the battle.

Maniacal made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Bill Wright completely alone with keeper Salvatore Steiger, who made a spectacular block.

Maniacals Ismael Ferreira da Silva gave, after 71 minutes, the home team a 2 - 1 lead after an attack coming in from the right.

The referee showed pegasuss Elvis Gandy the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

In the games 78:th minute the visitors levelled to 2 - 2 as Dariusz Wichlacz struck home on a bar rebound, following a shot from the right.

In the 83rd minute cheers broke out as Maik Waldner found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 3 - 2 goal in for Maniacal.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

Most important Maniacal player was Jakob Noer Mogensen. However, Omar Nairn made a disastrous appearance.
Most important pegasus player was Salvatore Steiger. Richard Mullins on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 3 - 2

Goals

Joseph MacKindlay - 1
Ismael Ferreira da Silva - 1
Maik Waldner - 1

Player Ratings

3.0 - Joseph MacKindlay
3.0 - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)

3.0 - Iver Dyrberg (Towards The Middle)
5.0 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
4.0 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
4.0 - Huey Miller
3.5 - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)

3.0 - Bill Wright
3.5 - Maik Waldner

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz
Team Attitude: Normal

Midfield: world class - (13)
Right Side Defence: brilliant - (11)
Central Defence: outstanding - (10)

NSI - 90

pegasus
Tactic: Attack on wings
Tactic skill: excellent

Midfield: brilliant - (11)
Left Side Defence: world class - (13)

NSI - 95

Post Game Comments

Well i'll be dammed.... we did it again Another superior team that we've managed to beat this season. Thats now 3 or 4 depending on what you call superior It looks like Havoc knew what he was talking about when he said Pegasus Pic's games he shouldn't. Cause i know he pic'ed us today with that Brilliant midfield. Thats not very good managing if ya ask me, he should have played normal today and pic'ed me next week when he had homefield advantage.

Going into this game i was expecting my best midfield ever and thats exactly what i got. Today's "World class" midfield was 8% better then my magnifcent midfield i got 2 weeks ago in my cup game. Plus we topped our previous best NSI of 86 with a 90 today! It just seems like every week or 2 we're setting new team records Speaking of records.... i got another huge one today, Jakob Noer Mogensen became the first Misfit ever to get a 5 star rating in a game!! I was praying he would do it before i sell him in a couple weeks, this should increase his sale value by a couple 100k i hope.

Ok, enough rambling... lets talk about the game for a minute. Like i said earlier, Pegasus really isn't much of a manager in my opinion. First off he has ran the same dam 3-5-2 line-up in almost all of his games this season. So i knew exactly how to set my team up. Then he "Attacks on the Flanks" when he only has 1 good winger offensive winger. And as we all know AOW also weakens your central defense which helped me score on 2 out of my 3 scoring chances down the middle. Basically if i owned Pegasus and i was playing the Misfitz this week i would have won this game. Lucky for me i wasn't playing against a manager as talented as myself

Stars Of The Game

Gold - Jakob Noer Mogensen - First Misfitz player to get 5 stars in a game!!! Need i say more?

Silver - Maik Waldner - With 7 mins left in the game, Maik came through in the clutch with the HUGE game winning goal!

Bronze - Huey Miller - Huey's really had a very quite season so far. Last seasons MVP has been stuck in inadequate form for most of the season and hasn't managed to score 1 of his famous "Header" goals all season. But he's finally starting to step up his play now, he's back up to passable form now and he picked up 4 stars today as my extra middy. 4 stars from a player with no secondary's "what-so-ever", means that his 4 stars are pure possession. He contributed as much to today's Misfitz best "World Class" midfield then anyone.

Around The Divison

Pie Eaters - vs - Monkey of Doom 2 - 3

The Pie Eaters gave First Place MOD a little scare today scoring 2 set Peices goals that had the game tied 2-2 late into the second half. But MOD managed to punched one in with 21 mins left to take a 3-2 lead and they're tough defense did the rest.

The Family Jewels - vs - Havoc 2 - 2

This is definitely the shocker of the week in divison IV.41. My win was surprising, but this tie takes the cake. Havoc just can't seem to catch a break this season. He dominated every aspect of this game but a "Quick" event goal in the second half for FJ screwed up his chance to win.

Cons Commando - vs - Carebears 0 - 5

Carebears get that walkover win this week and next week.

Divison Standings

------Team-------------Played------------Goals---------------Points

1. Monkey of Doom--------7---------------20 - 6----------------19

2. pegasus----------------7---------------22 - 9----------------13

3. Maniacal Misfitz---------7---------------18 - 9----------------13

4. Carebears---------------7--------------16 - 11---------------13

5. Havoc-------------------7--------------13 - 12---------------10

6. Pie Eaters---------------7--------------14 - 15----------------6

7. The Family Jewels--------7-------------10 - 16-----------------5

8. Cons Commandos---------7-------------0 - 35------------------0

Upnext, This weeks FOFC Cup game
Old 04-19-2004, 12:17 PM   #65
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Incidentally, someone from VI.2 raised his bid to $2k...

My old series... Good to see there are still active people there.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:51 PM   #66
Havoc99
n00b

At least I made a nice profit on selling a reserve IM today but my team seems to find a way to lose each week. All I can tell myself is that life will get better next season once I can have good TS again (after getting rid of my poor leadership coach).

Congrats on the nice win, Havok.

Oh, yeah- my tie to Family Jewels featured an 87 rating for me & a 67 for him & both his goals were special events. Going into the game I projected a 3-0 win with a 2-1 win as my worst case. If I dont beat him next week I am personally invading Sweden & taking over the HT offices.

Last edited by Havoc99 : 04-19-2004 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:27 PM   #67
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
At least I made a nice profit on selling a reserve IM today but my team seems to find a way to lose each week. All I can tell myself is that life will get better next season once I can have good TS again (after getting rid of my poor leadership coach).

You've been unlucky in a couple games this season thats for sure. But your schedule is in your favor for last 7 games of the season. It wouldn't surprise me 1 bit if you won 5 out of your last 7 games.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:59 PM   #68
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - FOFC Cup - Group Play - Round 1

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Screamin' Seamen

One Cup ends for us (USA Cup) and we immediately start another one, which is fine with me. Wednesday isn't as fun with a meaningless friendly

Todays game is 1 year and 1 month in the making! Since it was Dataking's dynasty that basically got me interested in HT and now we finally get to get a friendly going. Somehow we've just never managed to get a friendly game set-up. Like i said DK's dynasty got me into HT, but it also caused me to make my biggest mistake in HT...... TRAINING DEFENSE!!! Since he did it and made it sound all great, i did to!!! And wasted my entire first season training it! So i owe DK for that and today i'll have my revenge!

Looking over Group E, DK's Screamin' Seamen is the only team that really worries me. So if i can walk away with a win today, i should be able to advance out of group play pretty easy. But beating the Screamin' Seamen is no easy task. At first i though my midfield trainee's had a pretty sizable advantage over DK's trainee's...... I was wrong. My trainee's are currently Outstanding,formidable(+6) and excellent (in poor form). DK's three trainee's are all formidable, so that pretty much evens us out. Unfortunetly I didn't know that until after the game started, but i decided to go all-out possession versus DK anyway so it didn't much matter. By all out possession i mean i played both my winger's TM. Both of them have better Playmaking then winger anyway so it wasn't a hard decision. Im hoping with with all that and home-field advantage, i should be able to dominate possession enough to win.

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Right Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Defensive)
Central Defender - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
Left Wingback - Omar Nairn (Defensive)

Inner Midfielder 1 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
Left Winger - Imboon Prakardsakda (Towards The Middle)

Forward 1 - Maik Waldner
Forward 2 - Abel Cano

Im still not very impressed with most of the B-teams form, only 2 are in solid form and 2 are in passable form. The other 4 are inadequate and below. I do have 3 starters playing like usual since by B-team is still small, but the only one with any skill worth mentioning is my best forward Maik Waldner. He should get 3.5 stars today and hopfully still get a excellent central attack even with Abel Cano playing next to him in crappy form.

The Match

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and The Island of Misfit Toyz saw a crowd turnout of 2178. Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Landowski - ben Aharon, Ferreira da Silv, Nairn - MacChoiter, Jonasson, Dyrberg, Leitner, Prakardsakda - Cano, Waldner.

Screamin' tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Read - Mcmahon, Svensson, Leier - Taxwell, Alustiza, Behling, Kolberg, Richardy - Metman, Galvez.

Screamin' seemed to prefer attacking in the middle.

Maniacal made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Naftali ben Aharon completely alone with keeper Darryl Read, who made a spectacular block.

Agustín Alustiza seemed highly inexperienced when in the 24:th minute he was loitering with the ball, allowing Karl Leitner to intercept and strike 1-0 for Maniacal.

Maik Waldner almost managed to score another goal for Maniacal, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie.

Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Abel Cano squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 35:th minute, asserting the lead to 2 - 0.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Maniacal´s Naftali ben Aharon putting the lead up to 3 - 0. The structure of the game started to change as Maniacal decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.

The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 0. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

A well placed corner kick from Iver Dyrberg was followed by Imboon Prakardsakda´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for Maniacal. The result now 4-0.

Maniacal put their lead ahead another goal as Maik Waldner struck home the 5 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper.

After 84 minutes Maniacal´s James MacChoiter contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game.

Karl Leitner behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 87:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal.

The referee showed Screamin's Sven Svensson the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

Screamin' held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

Maniacal´s best player was Iver Dyrberg. Karl Leitner on the other hand, had a terrible day.
The most dominating Screamin' player was without a doubt Mattias Leier. Darryl Read was a disappointment, however.

The match ends 5 - 0

Goals

1 - Karl Leitner
1 - Abel Cano
1 - Naftali ben Aharon
1 - Imboon Prakardsakda
1 - Maik Waldner

Player Ratings

3.0 - Marcin Landowski

3.0 - Naftali ben Aharon (Defensive)
2.5 - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
3.0 - Omar Nairn (Defensive)

2.0 - James MacChoiter (Towards The Middle)
2.0 - Karl Leitner
2.0 - Imboon Prakardsakda (Towards The Middle)

3.5 - Maik Waldner
2.0 - Abel Cano

30 - Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz

Midfield: formidable - (9)

NSI - 71

Screamin' Seamen
Tactic skill: solid

Right Side Defence: passable - (6)
Central Defence: excellent - (8)
Central Attack: formidable - (9)
Left Side Attack: passable - (6)

NSI - 65

Post Game Comments

DK and i both agreed in IRC chat that those ratings didn't warrant a 5-0 beatdown, not that im complaining but it did seem a little harsh. It looks like DK had the same gameplan as me and went all-out possession with both of his wingers TM. Our midfields were almost identical, but my homefield advantage proved to be the difference maker.

Anyway, like i said earlier, this is probally the most important game in group play for us. So picking up the win today was huge, the only other team that concerns me is The Purple Pirates. It looks like they played most of they're starters today (except they're forward trainee's) so they might cause us a few problems. But we get them at home also so we should be ok. Overall i couldn't be happier with today's game, no injuries for either of us and we walked away with the win. Now if DK actually stopped by my dynasty every once and awhile we could see what he has to say about today's game! But he doesn't so screw'em!!

Old 04-22-2004, 11:38 AM   #69
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I'd just as soon forget about this match, if you don't mind.

I may not say much, but I do read a few of the hattrick dynasties out there, yours included.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:52 PM   #70
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

I was praying for 2 early PM bumps..... i got 1.

Joaquim Neiva
572 000 US$, 20 years, passable form
Has wretched experience and weak leadership abilities [Unpredictable]

Stamina: excellent Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: outstanding Passing: passable
Winger: weak Defending: disastrous
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: inadequate

Joaquim's future is still a mystery, i just don't know when im gonna sell him. Its possible that i'll sell him when he hits Brilliant, but its also possible that i'll hold onto him until he hits World Class. I can't say for sure.... what i can say for sure is that when i sell him, he'll sell for a hell of alot with that passing

Next weeks update is very important, 1 guy will certainly bump but he's not important. The important guy is Jakob, he's 21 and next week will be his 9th week of training. Hopfully he'll bump to brilliant PM so i can finally sell him. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Form Update

Things are definitely getting better on the form front, but still nowhere near where i'd like them to be. My starting midfield broke even this week, gained a level and lost a level and so did my defense. But my best forward Maik Waldner dropped to inadequate form which could be a problem. He's basically been the guy keeping my central attack ratings at a respectable level until i can get another forward, so this hurts. But the good news is i honestly don't expect to win either of my next 2 games no matter what form i have and i get a walkover the week after that. So i have time to bring my form around for my 2 most important games left in weeks 11 and 12.

As for the B-team they did pretty well, My form dog and B-team middy Karl Leiter jumped 2 levels in form and added around 90k in value. Plus a B-team winger and my number 3 forward went up a level. So that should help me with my FOFC Cup games

5 Players increased in Form this week (2 Starters)
3 Players Decreased in form this week (3 Starters)

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 343 684 US$ (+16,421)
Total squad value: 6 530 000 US$ (+312,000)

Jakob Noer Mogensen is now valued at 998k!!! 2k short of my first 1 million dollar player!!

Upnext, This weeks youth pull and economic update
Old 04-24-2004, 08:32 PM   #71
Havok
College Starter

Felix Mcnabb (30186538)
18 years, passable form, healthy
A controversial person who is fiery and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and solid leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 34 000 US$
Wage: 660 US$/week

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: passable Passing: inadequate
Winger: disastrous Defending: wretched
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: wretched

Well.... he'll sell so i can't complain i guess. My youth squad is driving me crazy this year, out of my first 8 pulls, 4 have been sold for 112k. So with promotion fees and listing fee's, i've have lost around 70k this season on my youth squad. Its kinda frustrting since so many of my pulls are ALMOST good, one day i'll get THE big one..... i hope

Economic Update

Cash funds: 1 100 087 US$ (1 055 778) US$
Supporter Club: 1776 members

This week

Revenue--------------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0--------------------------------Arena 27 080
Sponsors 97 845------------------------Wages 44 374
Financial 3 300--------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0----------------------------Temporary 3 000
----------------------------------------Staff 51 000
----------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 101 145-------------------Total expenses 145 454
Expected income/loss -44 309

The bank account is looking pretty nice, alot is about to change around here If Jakob bumps to brilliant PM this week like he should, he'll be sold by the following monday. Im hoping to have around 4 million in the bank after my home game next week and after i sell him jakob. Then its time to shake things up a bit..... but i'll talk more about that later in the week

This Weeks Games

League Game

"Revenge is Motherfuc**r and payback is a bitch!!!" That's a quote from some rap song i heard a long time ago... and it describes my league game this week perfectly As i had hoped last week, Pegasus Pic'ed me on the road and it cost them the game. This week will be different, i guarentee it! Now they're at home and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he played me Normal. Hell even if he PIC's im still expecting to face at LEAST a World Class Midfield.

pegasus
Tactic: Attack on wings

Midfield: World Class - (13)

NSI - 101

Thats about what i expect to face this week..... and im not even gonna try for the upset. Im just happy i took 3 points from this team last week. This week im gonna PIC and just hope i don't get slaughtered to bad. I need to pic my next few games to get ready for my 2 very important games in week 11 and 12. Unfortunetly that means i'll probally lose my next 2 games, but even if i MOTS'ed them both i'd probally still lose so i don't think its worth ruining my TS over.

FOFC Cup Game

This week in group play i take on Peakers, they are currently first place in our group because of the 6-0 pounding they gave the Missouri Tigers last week. But that ain't gonna happen this week The Peakers are midfield trainers just like us. But we've been around for about 4 months longer then them and my trainee's are much further along then theres.

Peakers

Midfield: weak - (4)
Central Defence: solid - (7)
Left Side Defence: passable - (6)

NSI - 54

Im expecting a formidable midfield out of my B-team, maybe even higher. So i think its pretty safe to say that we should win this game no problem. But who knows.... anything is possible

Upnext, This weeks league game
Old 04-25-2004, 10:01 PM   #72
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - League Game - Round 8

pegasus - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

This ain't gonna be fun! After our sweet little upset of Pegasus last week, you can bet your ass they'll be looking for some revenge this week and i don't blame them. His brilliant midfield last week was not a true relection of his midfield, this week im expecting to face at least a WC, probally more like SN or Titanic midfield. I just can't compete with that yet. But honestly im cool with it, i know my place in this divison and its not up there with the top 2 or 3 teams. So this week im gonna take my lumps and move on, i'll be PIC'ing today along with my game next week vs the top team in the divison Monkey of Doom. So its gonna be a painful 2 weeks for the Misfitz....... hopfully the supporters won't get to upset!

Starters

Right Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Defensive)
Left Wingback - Omar Narin (Defensive)

Forward 1 - Bill Wright
Forward 2 - Maik Waldner

Right when the defense is 'begining' to turn around...... my offenses form falls apart. Just 2 weeks ago my 2 starting forwards were both in solid form. Now they're in passable and inadequate I don't think it will effect the ratings much yet, but if they continue to fall in might be a problem. On a brighter note, soon to be brilliant midfielder and soon to be SOLD midfielder "Jakob Noer Mogensen" is in top form! Just in time for me to sell him lets just hope he doesn't drop to much on thursday.

The Game

79666 spectators had come to pegasus Arena this cloudy day. pegasus started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Steiger - Gallant, Leitch, Adolfsson - Mullins, Gandy, Ware, Johnson, Beach - Jiménez, Wichlacz.

Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Geoffroy - ben Aharon, MacKindlay, Nairn - MacChoiter, Miller, Noer Mogensen, Neiva, Neiweiler - Wright, Waldner.

pegasus mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle.

The terraces were silenced in the 18:th minute as Maniacal´s Huey Miller put the guests ahead 0 - 1, following an attack from the right.

Dariusz Wichlacz pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 20:th minute, wove through the guests whole central defense line and put the 1 - 1 equaliser away.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Maniacal´s Joaquim Neiva got himself booked.

In the 22nd minute cheers broke out as Darryl Johnson found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 2 - 1 goal in for pegasus.

Elvis Gandy of pegasus received a yellow card in the 28:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 1. pegasus, bringing the final ball possession rate to 62 percent, dominated the battle.

Dariusz Wichlacz increased pegasuss lead to 3 - 1 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right.

Maniacals Omar Nairn got himself booked after a foul.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 65 minutes might have resulted in another goal for pegasus. However, Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy made a spectacular save.

pegasus made a substitution in the 71st minute. Dariusz Wichlacz limped off the field and was replaced by Christopher Chisholm.

pegasus held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

pegasus´s best player was Salvatore Steiger. However, Richard Mullins made a disastrous appearance. Most important Maniacal player was Jakob Noer Mogensen. James MacChoiter on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 3 - 1

Goals

Huey Miller - 1

Player Ratings

3.0 - Naftali ben Aharon (Defensive)
3.5 - Joseph MacKindlay
3.0 - Omar Narin (Defensive)

5.0 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
4.0 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
4.0 - Huey Miller

3.0 - Bill Wright
3.0 - Maik Waldner

38.5 Stars

Team Ratings

pegasus
Tactic skill: formidable

Midfield: supernatural - (14)
Central Defence: brilliant - (11)
Left Side Defence: brilliant - (11)

NSI - 103

Maniacal Misfitz

NSI - 78

Post Game Comments

The average NSI i've face over the last 3 league games is 102.3! and next week i expect to face another 100+ NSI aswell. Welcome to divison IV.41 Im actually pretty happy with the outcome, a 3-1 loss isn't as bad as i was expecting. Hell we actually had the lead for 1 minute! But they got the revenge they deserved today and if the owner of Pegasus plays it right. Its quite possible they'll win 5 out they're last 6 games... hell maybe all of them. The same can't be said for us unfortunetly, 3 out of our final 6 games are VERY tough.

Anyway, most everyone played as expected tonight. Jakob got his second straight 5 star game which is great. And Huey Miller stayed in passsable form on thursday but he played his best game ever today and 7% better then he did last week. So it looks like his form is moving in the right direction. Like i said before..... Overall im pretty happy with the way the game played out. Of course a win would have been great, but that just wasn't gonna happen. We didn't get crushed like i thought we would dispite a 5 level midfield disadvantage and noone got injuried. We'll take it......

Stars Of The Game

Gold - Jakob Noer Mogensen - Once again big J gets it with his 5 star preformance. Hopfully he will bump to brilliant PM on thursday and this will be his last game with the team.

Silver - Huey Miller - Huey continues to pull out of his form slump and played his best game ever today! He also managed to score our only goal of the day.

Bronze - Joseph MacKindlay - Joseph gets the bronze star because he's finally back to getting 3.5 stars as my CD. Its been awhile since any of my defenders have done this with how bad they're form has been.

Around The Divison

Havoc - vs - The Family Jewels 3 - 2

The Family Jewels continue to give Havoc problems. Havoc had a comfortable 3-0 lead at half, but FJ made a little comeback in the second half and gave Havoc a nice scare.

Monkey of Doom - vs - Pie Eaters

MOD thumped the Pie Eaters 4-0 today as expected. The bad news is i gotta play MOD next week, the good news is his 6.5 million dollar forward got a red card today so i don't have to play against him

Carebears - vs - Cons Commandos 5 - 0

The Carebears get the walkover win again this week.

Divison Standings

--------Team----------Played------------Goals-------------Points

1. Monkey of Doom-------8---------------24 - 6-------------22

2. pegasus---------------8---------------25 - 10------------16

3. Carebears-------------8---------------21 - 11------------16

4. Maniacal Misfitz--------8---------------19 - 12------------13

5. Havoc-----------------8---------------16 - 14------------13

6. Pie Eaters-------------8----------------14 - 19------------6

7. The Family Jewels------8----------------12 - 19------------5

8. Cons Commandos------8-----------------0 - 40-------------0

Upnext, This weeks FOFC Cup Game
Old 04-26-2004, 07:00 PM   #73
Havoc99
n00b

I find your lack of ratings for the other teams in your series rather distressing. Please bring back responsible journalism

Why did/does pegasus play AIM?
Old 04-26-2004, 08:37 PM   #74
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
I find your lack of ratings for the other teams in your series rather distressing. Please bring back responsible journalism

Why did/does pegasus play AIM?

Ok..... i'll try to remember to break down each divison game alittle more and maybe post each teams ratings in smaller text

as for Pegasus...... im convinced that he has no clue what AIM/AOW do. He's got 1 really strong wing attack and his central attack is always strong. There's no reason for him to weaken his defense in order to play AIM/AOW. He might be a nice guy from what i hear.... but he's a pretty lousy HT manager With his players the only team in this divison he should ever lose against is MOD..... and now with your new midfield maybe against you on the road.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:40 PM   #75
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - FOFC Cup - Group Play - Round 2

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Peakers

Round 2 of the FOFC Cup today and i get another home game. Currently The Peakers sit atop the group E standings because of the 6-0 beat down they gave the Missouri Tigers last week. But thats gonna change this week

Looking over The Peakers ratings it seems he's got a nice midfield training program going and pretty decent all around ratings for his starters. But they're still a young team and unfortunetly for him he's on the road and my B-team is just gonna be to much for them to handle. I should win this game easily barring any injuries or cards....

Starters

Right Winger - Imboon Prakardsakda (Towards The Middle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
Left Winger - Benton Minter (Towards The Middle)

Forward 1 - Maik Waldner
Forward 2 - Abel Cano

Im an idoit.... i accidently played my starting keeper instead of my back-up Stupied stupied stupied! Anyway, hopfully Marcin's form won't suffer to much form sitting out this week. The rest of the B-team is looking pretty good, i had a great form update on thursday for my B-team. Karl Leitner had shown the biggest improvement as he jumped 2 levels in form from poor to inadequate. I should see some nice ratings today... especially with my starting goalie in there.

The Match

A brilliantly sunny day had enticed a crowd of 1926 to The Island of Misfit Toyz. Maniacal started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Geoffroy - Nairn, MacKindlay, Ferreira da Silv - Prakardsakda, Jonasson, Dyrberg, Leitner, Minter - Cano, Waldner.

Peakers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Miller - Yousef, Sidenmar, Su-Shun - Balázs, Torbjärnsson, Johnsen, Kongaa, Rothenaichner - Johansen, Winkler von Sonn.

Iver Dyrberg caused mayhem in his own defence line with some mad dribbles within own penalty zone, but Michael Alexander Rothenaichners shot went just outside.

Benton Minter gave his Maniacal the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post.

Maniacal put their lead ahead another goal as Torbjörn Jonasson struck home the 2 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper.

Maniacals Abel Cano got himself booked after a foul.

The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 49 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Maniacal. However, Dennis Miller made a spectacular save.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Maniacal lead up with 3 - 0. Abel Cano finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. After this Maniacal lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts.

Maniacal were given a penalty in the 69:th, neatly put away by Karl Leitner. 4 - 0 for the home side.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

Most important Maniacal player was Louis-Frédéric Geoffroy. Imboon Prakardsakda was a disappointment, however.
Most important Peakers player was Lu Su-Shun. Dennis Miller was a disappointment, however.

The match ends 4 - 0

Goals

Benton Minter - 1
Torbjörn Jonasson - 1
Abel Cano - 1
Karl Leitner - 1

Player Ratings

3.5 - Joseph MacKindlay
2.5 - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)

2.5 - Karl Leitner
3.0 - Benton Minter (Towards The Middle)

3.0 - Maik Waldner
2.5 - Abel Cano

33 Stars

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz

NSI - 77

Peakers

Midfield: inadequate - (5)
Right Side Defence: solid - (7)
Central Defence: passable - (6)
Left Side Defence: passable - (6)
Central Attack: passable - (6)

NSI - 51

Post Game Comments

77 NSI.... thats pretty dam nice only 1 less then my league game this week! Now it did help that i screwed up and played my starting keeper but it still would have been around a 73 with my back-up in. The game went almost exactly as expected, we dominated possession and walked away with a pretty easy win. No injuries for either team also which is always a good thing. None of my players really did anything spectacular or unexpected today. Im quite pleased with the midfield ratings, last week we also got a formidable midfield vs the Seaman but we had 2 wingers towards the middle then and only 1 today. Im pretty sure Karl's 2 level form jump made up the difference.

Next week we finally play a cup game on the road versus Indos, these guys are defender trainers with a defensive coach, so im expecting 1 seriously boring game

Old 04-29-2004, 10:19 PM   #76
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

Both the guys i was expecting to bump did just that..... BUMP!

Jakob Noer Mogensen
951 000 US$, 21 years, passable form
Has poor experience and inadequate leadership abilities [Quick]

Playmaking: brilliant Passing: weak

My second brilliant player ever!! But that won't last long since he'll be placed on the transfer market mid-day tommarrow. I was expecting Jakob to become the first Misfit player valued over 1 million dollars this week, he was just 2k short last week. But somehow he managed to drop 2 LEVELS in form today, hopfully that won't affect his sale value much.

Torbjörn Jonasson
594 000 US$, 19 years, inadequate form
Has wretched experience and weak leadership abilities [Unpredictable]

Stamina: solid Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: outstanding Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: passable
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

Perfect timing... Jakob's replacment bumped today also While Tor is a full level lower then Jakob in playmaking, he does have better defense and is 2 years younger. Unfortunetly Tor has been stuck in inadequate form for quite sometime, hopfully he get pull out of soon now that he's playing with the starters.

Form Update

I hate form.... and it hates me!!! Im gonna do my form update a little different today the usual. Maybe this way it will be a little easy to read.

Defense - +3/-1 - The defense is the only part of my team that had a good week. Naftali managed to stay a whole 1 week at passable form beform he dropped down again like usual. But my goalie and best CD went up to "Low" solid form which is good.

Midfielders/Wingers - +1/-7 - 3 out of my 6 midfielders dropped in form this week and Jakob dropped 2 dam levels! One of my back-up wingers also dropped 2 levels form My number 1 offensive middy Jaoquim continued his march towards the B-team after dropping to inadequate form. He's now dropped 3 levels over the past 5 weeks. I might let "Mr. Franchise" Iver Dyrberg start over Jaoquim this week, we'll see. The only good news is my top possession midfielder Huey Miller, rose another 100k in value and bumped to solid form. Im really gonna need him to step up now that Jakob will be sold.

Offense - +1/-0 - That looks better then it is, the only guy to go up is my back-up forward and both of my starters dropped in value. Including my top forward who is down to low inadequate form now Not good at all......

Overall Form +5/-7

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 354 158 US$ (+10,474)
Total squad value: 6 729 000 US$ (+199,000)

Upnext This week youth pull and economic update

Last edited by Havok : 04-29-2004 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:33 PM   #77
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

And then it's time to go shopping and we all know how much you love to do that

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 12:00 AM   #78
DukeRulesMAB
College Prospect

Man....Brilliant Middies, Outstanding Middies...makes me want to switch training programs, but I like being able to be lazy.

Old 04-30-2004, 12:02 AM   #79
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I just found out that my newest Supporter is Havok! Woot! Thanks for your support and the VIP tickes will be there soon.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 12:19 AM   #80
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
I just found out that my newest Supporter is Havok! Woot! Thanks for your support and the VIP tickes will be there soon.

Yeah.... you were definitely next on my list GE, you've been supporting me for so dam long. I just now finally got a spot open

Now i just gotta find a spot for Desnudo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeRulesMAB
Man....Brilliant Middies, Outstanding Middies...makes me want to switch training programs, but I like being able to be lazy.

lol! i say the same thing everytime i look at your dyansty and 3 wingers bump every dam week!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
And then it's time to go shopping and we all know how much you love to do that

yes i do SI.... but i won't get to put as much of this money into building up my team as i would like. I've come up with a 4 season plan and it involves me spending alot of this money on another trainee.

I'll talk about my 'New" plan in a couple days
Old 04-30-2004, 01:33 PM   #81
vex
Grizzled Veteran

It's been 12 hours, what's the new plan already?
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 01:21 AM   #82
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Now it's been 24 hours. Spill it already

SI

Old 05-01-2004, 01:34 AM   #83
Masked
College Starter

Probably related to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by E*V*I*L Havok
Anyone have a 19 year old, USA native outstanding defender they might be interested in selling next week??? or maybe even a 18 year old Mid-formidable????

Its a shot in the dark i know, but i thought i'd at least ask. They gotta be USA natives, secondaries and stamina really don't matter much.

lemme know!
He is returning to his roots as a defender trainer.

Disclaimer: I might have edited his oringal post

Last edited by Masked : 05-01-2004 at 01:34 AM.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 04:32 AM   #84
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked
Probably related to this

Old 05-01-2004, 11:41 AM   #85
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked
Probably related to this

LOL!!! you suck thats definitely not it!
Old 05-01-2004, 11:47 PM   #86
Havok
College Starter

Duane Palmer (30602964)
18 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is calm and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 3 000 US$
Wage: 500 US$/week

Stamina: wretched Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: poor
Winger: wretched Defending: weak
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

Doesn't get much worse then that.... we've now lost over 100k this season on our youth squad. Why have i been forsaken????

Economic Update

1 069 737 US$ (1 026 823) US$
Supporter Club: 1788 members
Supporters: delirious

This week

Revenue---------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0---------------------------Arena 27 080
Sponsors 98 340-------------------Wages 44 374
Financial 3 200---------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0-----------------------Temporary 2 000
-----------------------------------Staff 51 000
-----------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 101 540 Total expenses 144 454
Expected income/loss -42 914

After tommarrows league game which should be a sellout, i'll have around 1.3 million in the bank. After doing a little research, i've seen 2 middy's almost exactly like Jakob sell for around 3 million bucks.(they both had a couple 5 star games like Jakob). Hopfully thats what i'll get for him also.... so im hoping to have about 4 million dollars to spend on a new trainee and a new forward.

I currently have a 1 million dollar bid on the trainee that i want and i have a feeling he won't go to much higher then that. If all goes well i'll have around 2.7 - 3 million bucks to upgrade my team with. Unfortunetly at this level, that kinda money won't drastically improve your team, but i should have fun spending it

This Weeks Games

League Game

Monkey of Doom
Tactic: 4-3-3 Counter-attacks
Tactic skill: brilliant

Midfield: solid
Right Side Defence: extra-terrestrial
Central Defence: divine
Left Side Defence: mythical
Right Side Attack: brilliant
Central Attack: world class
Left Side Attack: solid

NSI - 105

Not these guys again!!! You mean i gotta play another 100+ NSI team for the 4th week in a row!!!! At least after this week i don't have to worry about MOD or Pegasus again this season (and hopfully MOD will Auto-promote). The good news is i won't be facing his usual WC central attack. MOD's 6.6 million dollar forward is red carded! The bad news is he's still got a divine defense and i doubt i'll score more then 1 goal tops. I won't be playing any special tactics or anything this game, im just gonna pic and hope for the best.

FOFC Cup Game

Indos
Tactic: 5-4-1 Normal

Midfield: weak - (4)
Central Defence: titanic - (15)
Left Side Defence: titanic - (15)
Central Attack: poor - (3)
Left Side Attack: weak - (4)

NSI - 65

Another tough defense this week! Since Indo trains defense, in his friendly's he plays the "Useless" 5-4-1 formation. Thats good news for us, i should win possession by a good amount and hopfully my back-ups will able to score 1 or 2 goals vs this defense. If i win this game im pretty much guarentee'd to advance out of group E.

Upnext, This weeks League Game

Last edited by Havok : 05-02-2004 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:34 PM   #87
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - League Game - Round 9

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Monkey of Doom

Finally....The last game in the most brutal 4 game stretch in Misfitz History is here. MOD rides into town on a 7 league game winning streak and we are currently on a 17 league game winning streak at home The last time we lost a league game at home was 7/7/2003. Thats a pretty impressive streak if you ask me, but i have a bad feeling its gonna end today. Now.... i also said that it was gonna end 2 weeks ago when i played Pegasus at home but we found a way to pull that win out, so anything is possible. But im not gonna get my hopes up, we'll Pic again today so our TS is at its highest during our 2 very important games in weeks 11 and 12.

Starters

Inner Midfielder 2 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Bill Wright
Forward 2 - Maik Waldner

This isn't gonna be pretty... my ratings that is. Half my dam starting line-up is in inadequate form and noone is in top form. The defense is the best right now and they're form isn't even that great. Since my midfield's form is all screwed up right now, i decided to let "Mr. Franchise" Iver Dyrberg play. His passable stamina will be a problem in the second half, but what the hell..... he needs to get some A-team experiance! He's the Future of the team

The Match

42000 spectators had come to The Island of Misfit Toyz this cloudy day. Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Geoffroy - Nairn, MacKindlay, Ferreira da Silv - MacChoiter, Miller, Jonasson, Dyrberg, Neiweiler - Wright, Waldner.

Monkey had chosen a strategic 4-3-3 formation. They fielded: Choate - Paxton, Crain, Green, Voss - Burris, Fagerholt, Gabrielsson - Hagen, Kristiansson, Mathiasson.

Monkey took the lead in the games 5:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Dane Crain was the scorer.

Maniacal´s Bill Wright made an attempt at equalising in the 9:th minute, coming in from the right, but the ball hit the post, the defense clearing the rebound.

In the 9:th minute Maniacals Andi Neiweiler received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Maniacal, with an impressive 54 percent possession of the ball.

79 minutes into the game Maik Waldner was really close to evening the score out with a dangerous long range shot, but the ball went just wide of the bar.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Monkey´s Johan Mathiasson got himself booked.

Monkey held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

Most important Maniacal player was Huey Miller. James MacChoiter on the other hand, had a terrible day.
Most important Monkey player was Dane Crain. Mikey Choate was a disappointment, however.

The match ends 0 - 1

Goals

NONE!!!

Player ratings

3.5 - Joseph MacKindlay

4.5 - Huey Miller

2.5 - Bill Wright
3.0 - Maik Waldner

36.5 - Stars

Team ratings

Maniacal Misfitz

Left Side Defence: brilliant - (11)

NSI - 77

Monkey of Doom

Right Side Defence: supernatural - (14)
Central Defence: mythical - (17)
Left Side Defence: supernatural - (14)
Right Side Attack: outstanding - (10)
Central Attack: outstanding - (10)
Left Side Attack: passable - (6)

NSI - 95

Post Game Comments

ugh...... That was ugly. Im not sure what was worse..... my horrible offense, my below average midfield, my lowest star total by my starters this season, or the fact that MOD played a freaking defender as his goalie and still won!! Thats right.... his goalie got exactly ZERO stars in net and he still got those defensive ratings. Thats shows how good his defenders really are. That was just all around an ugly game for us... it was bound to happen. My form has consistantly fell since week 14 last season, its now really starting to catch up to me. There's really not much else to say about this game, the only bright spot was Huey Miller's first 4.5 star game. He's the only guy worth mentioning really. I just wanna forget about this game and focus on the future, i get a walkover next week then my important final four games begin. Thank god this 4 game stretch is over....

Stars of The Game

Gold - Huey Miller - Like i said earlier.... he got his first 4.5 star game. Which is pretty good for a guy playing the extra inner middy spot with no secondary's to speak of.

No other stars will be handed out since noone deserved one!!

Around The Divison

The Family Jewels - vs - Carebears 0 - 1

The Carebears sneak away with a 1-0 win, this wasn't one of they're better games. But they've been selling off a few players lately, 1 was a Magnifcent middy and the other was his starting excellent goalie. I have a feeling they'll be looking to buy a new goalie soon with all that money, so his defense is probally about to get alot better.

Pie Eaters - vs - Havoc 2 - 4

Havoc did us another favor this week by beating PE for the second time in 4 weeks. This win inches us 1 step closer to clinching at least 5th place in the divison. The midfields in this game were identical.... but Havoc's strong offense was the difference maker.

Cons Commando - vs - pegasus 0 - 5

Now, the opposite of what happened in the first 7 games will happen in the final 7 games. Almost every dam team we play will get the walkover game AFTER they play us rather then before they play us. Im not sure which one is worse..... either way it sucks for us

Divison Standings

--------Team------------Played-------------Goals---------------Points

1. Monkey of Doom---------9----------------25 - 6----------------25

2. pegasus-----------------9----------------30 - 10---------------19

3. Carebears---------------9----------------22 - 11---------------19

4. Havoc------------------9-----------------20 - 16---------------16

5. Maniacal Misfitz---------9-----------------19 - 13---------------13

6. Pie Eaters---------------9-----------------16 - 23---------------6

7. The Family Jewels--------9-----------------12 - 20--------------5

8. Cons Commandos--------9------------------0 - 45---------------0

Upnext, This weeks FOFC Cup game
Old 05-03-2004, 11:39 AM   #88
Havok
College Starter

Jakob Gone

Jakob Noer Mogensen
951 000 US$, 21 years, passable form
Has poor experience and inadequate leadership abilities [Quick]

Playmaking: brilliant Passing: weak

Sold For 2,620,000 US$

More bad news..... Jakob sold for about 300k less then i was hoping for I wish i could sell my players in sweden.... 2 guys just like Jakob sold for 3 million there a few days ago. Its just really been a bad week for us so far. I did happen to buy my newest trainee on sunday however.....

Percy Morton (14689195)
19 years, solid form, healthy
A pleasant guy person who is balanced and honest. .
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities.
Assessed value: 344 000 US$
Wage: 1 490 US$/week

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: outstanding Passing: weak

Paid 1,353,000 US$

Your probally wondering why i bought a 19 year old trainee.... well there is a good reason behind it. He fits perfectly into my new 4 season plan. (which i'll talk about later tonight when i get home from work). His stamina is a problem, but i really won't need him to start for another 3 seasons or so, that should be plently of time to at least get it to passable, hopfully solid. I paid about 50k more then i was hoping to pay for him, but overall im very happy with him. His nationality is key

Now its time to look for a forward... i have $2,307,873 to spend... plus another 200k if i really need it. Time to go shopping!
Old 05-03-2004, 11:46 AM   #89
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I have a feeling your plan is similar to mine.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:14 AM   #90
Havok
College Starter

The Future of The Misfitz

[Warning..... very long post!]

First things first..... I like training Playmaking. If you ask me, i think the quickest way to win in HT and have a competitive team is to training playmaking. Get yourself a set of decent trainee's and within 2 seasons your putting up passable to excellent midfield ratings no problem. That can take you a long way in divison V.

But.... at the higher levels i think training playmaking is NOT one of better things to train. For a number of reasons....

1 - you'll never make it really far in the USA cup unless you play your trainee's in league games (In which case you'll probally lose your league games) or bench your trainee's and lose training.

2 - In order to upgrade the rest of your team you gotta sell off some of your best trainee's sometimes. Everytime you do that, a younger trainee will have to step in and you'll lose some of your midfield rating.

3 - Midfield is still the most important part of HT.... i think the key is getting a badass midfield like KC Wizards, TT, Etc.... and then leaving it alone. Thats what both of them did, and IMO they are the 2 best teams in the USA. They both trained up a badass midfield, then moved on and trained something else.

So thats what im gonna do.... Im gonna train 3 guys to a super high PM level. High enough to compete at any level in the USA, then switch to scoring training.

Why Scoring Training?

It came down to winger training or scoring training. Both would give me great attack ratings pretty fast. Scoring training would give me a badass central attack and even help my wing attacks some. Winger training would give me badass wing attack quickly. But i decided scoring training would be the best route to go for me. You get more trainee's and central attack gets more chances during a game then wing attacks usually. I forget the exact percentages... but i know more go down the middle.

As you all know im a big fan of Balanced coaches now..... and the 3-4-3 with a balanced coach is deadly. I've done my homework, and the team that im gonna most model my plan after is Team Spork (Div. II.1 USA). They just switched from PM training to scoring training at the begining of this season with a balanced coach and are putting up some pretty impressive ratings with less talented players then most people in they're divison.

They're balanced coach helps them put up very solid defensive ratings even with a pretty weak cast of defenders for a div. II team. His 3 forwards in the 3-4-3 give him a very strong central attack ratings(Mythical last week), even though only 1 of them, i would call a "Div. II worthy forward". Last but not least, since he trained PM for awhile he build up a very good midfield. Not as good of a midfield as im gonna build, but still good. He's barely had his team 2 years and he's about to Auto-promote to the ML. Thats impressive in my book, and i think he went about building his team in the right way and im gonna follow suit. i've had this plan in my head for awhile.... and after seeing him do it and do it quite effectively i might add. Im gonna go for it.

The 4 to 4 1/2 season Plan

Im still not sure how high i wanna take my 3 middy's..... at the very least i'll train midfielders for 4 more seasons(so i'd stop around week 9 in 4 seasons). But i might run it a little longer then that depending on injuries and stuff like that... but no longer then 4 1/2 seasons i hope. Here are the 3 im gonna train.......

All these guys will be getting 15 weeks of training a season.

Huey Miller
943 000 US$, 20 years, solid form
Has poor experience and wretched leadership abilities [Head]

Stamina: solid Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: brilliant (+3) Passing: poor
Winger: wretched Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

Huey will be the old guy of the bunch.... 24 when i stop. But he's a USA native and his secondary's are low. That will lower his wages ALOT!(Guys with ET or higher PM and good secondary's wages get outragous very fast) If i stop in 4 seasons he'll be around a Mythical +3 to +5. If i go 4 1/2 seasons he should hit magical or be VERY close.

Percy Morton
344 000 US$, 19 years, solid form
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities

Stamina: poor Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: outstanding (+1) Passing: weak

The new guy.... he's also a USA guy with low secondary's. Just like Huey, his wages will be pretty low considering his PM level. If i train 4 seasons he's be around ET +1 to +4. If i go 4 1/2 season he'll hit Mythical or be DAM close.

Iver Dyrberg
669 000 US$, 18 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities [Unpredictable]

Stamina: passable Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: outstanding (+3) Passing: inadequate
Winger: poor Defending: poor
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: inadequate

The youngster of the group. Iver will be the only guy with a good secondary and he's also not a USA native. This might be a problem, If i decide to keep him, he'll be around Mythical +3 to +6 after 4 seasons or Magical if i go 4 1/2 seasons. Another plan is to sell Iver when he hits titanic or so and try to buy an american of the same skill level to help cut back on wages. Its to far away for me to worry about now..... i'll have to wait and see what happens.

Like i said im not sure if im gonna go 4 or 4 1/2 seasons. Either way, i should have one of the better midfields in the USA. And i'll need it running a 3-4-3 since i'll only have 1 winger helping the midfield rating instead of the usual 2 in a 3-5-2.

Building Up The Defense

The plan over the next 3 seasons is to sell one of my other 3 middy's over the next 3 seasons. I won't neglect my offense, but most of the money i make off selling these guys will go to upgrading my defense. I'd like to have like 3 brilliant defenders and either a magnifcent or WC goalie by the time i switch to scoring training. With those players and a balanced coach, i should have at least a Titanic to ET defense..... Probally better then that in good form. Then i won't have to worry about defense for a couple seasons while my new forwards train up.

Thats basically the gist of it....... there is a little more to the plan then i've said..... but i don't wanna get TO deep into it (to late right ) because so much of it can/probally will change over the next 4 seasons.

If anyone has any questions..... comments..... suggestions.... etc.... feel free to hit me with them

Last edited by Havok : 05-04-2004 at 12:20 AM.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:45 AM   #91
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Interesting plan, good luck!
Old 05-04-2004, 12:59 AM   #92
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Eventually, I figured I'm going to have to go away from playmaking for those reasons stated but I just can't decide when to wean my team off of it. But you've basically articulated what I've had in the back of my mind of what the Hippos will need to do eventually. Basically, I need to choose a middie class and stick with it, sell the trainees off, and then switch to 3-4-3 and scorer training. But I'm still content to keep doing midfield and putting my profit back into my training plan so that my middies sell for even more. I suppose I should decide when I want to try and make a move of any sort.

Let's see how the plan plays out, Havok

SI

Old 05-05-2004, 09:33 PM   #93
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - FOFC Cup - Group Play - Round 3

Indos - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

As if playing against MOD on sunday wasn't bad enough..... today i gotta take on another defensive trainer with a defensive coach!!! These games just had to happen when my offense is in its worst form in 2 seasons?!?! Now im not worried about losing this game, the 5-4-1 is not exactly a scoring formation. But a 0-0 or 1-1 tie is definitely possible. I'm almost 100% positive that i'll advance out of group E, but if im gonna win this cup or make it very far..... im gonna need home field advantage after group play. Thats what beat me last season, i advanced out of group play but i had a low seed so everyone i played had homefield advantage and eventually it caught up to me. So i need to win every game if i want a high seed.

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Right Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)
Central Defender - Omar Nairn
Left Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)

Right Winger - Imboon Prakardsakda (Towards The Middle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Karl Leitner (Normal)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Percy Morton
Left Winger - Benton Minter (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Bill Wright
Forward 2 - Abel Cano

Form is just crappy everywhere.... theres no nice way of putting it. i have 6 guys playing today in inadequate form. 6!!!! Don't expect much out of these ratings today, because im not. The only change to the B-team this week is Joaquim Neiva, he's normally a starter but his low inadequate form forced me to bench him and play Iver. Hopfully he'll snap out of it on thursday.

Oh..... and 1 more thing, today is our newest trainee Percy Morton's first game with the team!! His stamina is gonna destroy his star rating, but he should give us a nice midfield boost in the first half.

The Match

At Indos Arena, 1096 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Indos started off with a 5-4-1 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Mark - Lugo, de la Cuesta Bla, Khan, Matsson, Duchatel - García, Oguz, Rüft, De Leersnyder - Kurki.

Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Landowski - Ferreira da Silv, Nairn, ben Aharon - Prakardsakda, Neiva, Morton, Leitner, Minter - Cano, Wright.

Indos were relying on their ability to counter-attack.

Maniacal had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Hal Mark saved Bill Wright´s shot headed for the top corner.

Indos was able to draw a foul with their counterattacks, but the shot from Leonard Lugo went into the arms of the keeper.

The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 0. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 66 percent possession rate.

Benton Minter was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Abel Cano managed to kick one of them into 0 - 1 in the 76:th minute.

After 78 minutes Indos´s Edmundo García contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game.

Bill Wright discharged a majestic long shot in the 78:th match minute, but missed the goal by a few metres.

Maniacal´s Bill Wright missed a penalty shot in the games 78:th minute. The shot produced was way too weak, leaving the keeper to collect it at his own leisure.

As Peter Oguz had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the Indos player a red card without batting an eye.

The visitors Bill Wright took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 83rd minute. 0 - 2 for Maniacal.

In the 84:th minute Indoss Leonard Lugo received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 77 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Indos player was Leonard Lugo. Firmin De Leersnyder was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Joaquim Neiva. However, Imboon Prakardsakda made a disastrous appearance.

The match ends 0 - 2

Goals

Abel Cano - 1
Bill Wright - 1

Player Ratings

3.0 - Marcin Landowski

2.5 - Omar Nairn
2.5 - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)

3.0 - Karl Leitner (Normal)
3.5 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
3.0 - Percy Morton
2.5 - Benton Minter (Offensive)

2.5 - Bill Wright
2.5 - Abel Cano

30 - Stars

Team Ratings

Indos
Tactic: Counter-attacks

Midfield: weak - (12)
Right Side Defence: supernatural - (14)
Central Defence: extra-terrestrial - (16)
Central Attack: weak - (4)
Left Side Attack: weak - (4)

NSI - 68

Maniacal Misfitz

Central Defence: excellent - (8)

NSI - 65

Post Game Comments

That game had me scared for awhile.... we actually went about 71 minutes without a single event. Very very boring, but we finally cracked that tough defense in the 78th min and it was smooth sailing from there. Just like on sunday, none of my players did anything special today. No unexpected star ratings or no best game evers. Nothing like that, form is just killing us right now.

With this win we're still undefeated in group play and have outscored our opponents 11-0. Not bad Next week we take on the Missouri Tigers. I seriously doubt this game is gonna take place, the owner hasn't accepted his last 2 FOFC cup matches. I'd actually rather play him then take the 2-0 walkover win because i know i'd beat them by much worse then 2-0

Old 05-05-2004, 10:01 PM   #94
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Aha!

Great plan! I too have considered switching from my current training regime to another, and it is likely that when/if I sell D#$&n or if he gets injured I will switch...scoring was definitely the way I'd go, based on waht I've seen teams do with it. They can get some beautiful attacks, sell off trainees for big bank, and then buy the middies they want.

Be interesting to see how things pan out over the next couple seasons to see what may change (injuries and stuff) and their impact on the long-term plan...

~tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:32 AM   #95
Havok
College Starter

New Forward

My search has ended!!!! and now im 180k in debt!!! but it was worth it

Hugo Leth (7865210)
22 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is balanced and honest.
Has wretched experience and poor leadership abilities.

Speciality: Quick

Nationality: Norge
Assessed value: 745 000 US$
Wage: 5 328 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: passable
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: outstanding Set Pieces: wretched

Paid 2.5 million

This guy is just a flat out stud!! He's by far the best forward on my team, noone else is really even close. Right now he should get 4.5 stars a game in solid form and once he gains another level or 2 of experiance he should get it in passable form. Its hard to say exactly what my central attack will be like with him in there. It should be at least formidable even if Hugo and Maik aren't in great form. But im hoping for an outstanding central attack with them both in passable form and above. I'll keep my fingers crossed

On a sad note, Bill Wright will now be a full-time B-teamer, he'll make a great back-up. He's been such a good forward for us over the last 2 1/2 seasons, and for only 25k..... he was more then worth it. I'll miss his solid SP's in the starting line-up, but i have a guy with passable SP's so it won't be a huge loss hopfully.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:50 AM   #96
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Congrats on getting Hugo. Or will he be going be Leth, though I think Leith when I see him. Anyways, nice pickup!
Old 05-06-2004, 09:52 PM   #97
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

Since all of my trainee's have bumped over the last 3 weeks, i knew the only way someone was gonna bump was if it was a winger. And whaddya know....

Imboon Prakardsakda
202 000 US$, 20 years, inadequate form
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities [Head]

Stamina: weak Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: excellent Passing: inadequate
Winger: passable Defending: weak
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: wretched

The guy with the coolest name on the team bumped Looks like i did a good job buying these 2 wingers last offseason. The other winger i bought(James MacChoiter) bumped after only 4 weeks of 50% training.

Imboon didn't even play his first game with the team until week 5 this season because of my cup run. So he's played 5 games at wing with 50% PM training and bumped to excellent PM....Nice! I have no clue how long he'll stay on the team, but i'd be a fool to sell him until his stamina gets better. So it looks like he'll hit at least outstanding PM before he goes, thats a good 36 weeks or so of training away Hell.... maybe i'll keep him forever as a back-up middy/winger when i switch to scoring training, he'd be around brilliant by then. Hmmmm....

Form

Best week of form i've had in awhile, which ain't saying much. But its definitely a step in the right direction. +4/-3

Defense - +1/-2 - Defense had it the worst, my 2 best defenders lost a level in form. 1 to passable, 1 to weak But at least my other starter went to solid form and my goalie tacked on another 11K in value.

Midfielders/Wingers - +2/-1 - "Mr. Franchise" Iver Dyrberg apparently likes playing with the starters because he jumped right back up to solid form this week. The other good news is my best winger went up to solid form also. The only drop off was a back-up winger went down to weak.

Forwards - +1/-0 - Just like last week, my back-up forward Abel Cano went up another level and is now in solid form. My new forward Hugo Leth thankfully didn't have a massive form drop whihc sometimes seems to happen when you buy a new player. Bad news is my now number 2 forward Maik Waldner's value continues to drop. He's in low inadequate form now it seems

Team/Player Value

Value per player (average): 343 350 US$ (-10,808)
Total squad value: 6 867 000 US$ (+128,000)
No of players (excluding the coach): 20 (+1)
Number of nationalities: 14

After selling my highest valued player last week, i figured these numbers would be wierd.

In other news...... Huey Miller is now the first Misfitz ever valued over 1 million bucks!!! He's currently at $1,029,000.

Upnext, This weeks youth pull and economic update
Old 05-09-2004, 12:38 AM   #98
Havok
College Starter

Gus Ashcraft (30982203)
A nasty fellow who is temperamental and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 1 000 US$
Wage: 500 US$/week

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: wretched
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: inadequate

I hate this game sometimes.....

Economic Update

Cash funds: -188 460 US$ (-248 145) US$
Supporter Club: 1778 members
Supporters: calm

This week

Revenue----------------------Expenses
Crowd 0----------------------Arena 27 080
Sponsors 98 100--------------Wages 46 692
Financial 0--------------------Interest 9 423
Temporary 0------------------Temporary 3 500
------------------------------Staff 51 000
------------------------------Youth squad 20 000

Total revenue 98 010----------Total expenses 157 695
Expected income/loss -59 685

Money stinks right now.... buying Hugo cleaned me out. Plus i've lost my last 2 league games so my supporter money is down some and i lost 10 supporters last week I do have a home game tommarrow, but unfortunetly its a walkover so im only expecting around 100-120k from it.

This Weeks Games

League Game

Like i said, i have a walkover this week. After losing 2 in a row.... a win is a win. I'll take it

FOFC Cup

Missouri Tigers
Tactic: 5-4-1 Normal

Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: formidable
Central Defence: brilliant
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: wretched
Central Attack: poor
Left Side Attack: inadequate

This week i play the Missouri Tigers, they haven't accepted they're last 2 FOFC Cup game. So i was a little surprised when they accepted mine. Not really a whole lot to say about this game, his ratings kinda speak for themself. I should win this game pretty easy and lock-up first place in group E.

Upnext, Thsi weeks league game
Old 05-10-2004, 05:51 PM   #99
Havok
College Starter

Season 4 - League Game - Round 10

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Cons Commandos

Bleh..... walkovers suck. Makes for a boring sunday, but i did need a win. My supporters have been pissed lately since i've lost my last 2 games, and 4 out of my last 5 including my last USA Cup game. This free PIC is also important since my team spirit took a nasty little hit when i bought Hugo Leth.

Starters

Right Winger - Imboon Prakardsakda (Offensive)
Inner Midfiedler 2 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Percy Morton
Left Winger - Benton Minter (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Maik Waldner
Forward 2 - Hugo Leth

While i could have played all back-ups today and played my starters in my FOFC cup game, i decided against it. I did this for a couple reasons, 1 is that i wanted the extra experiance for a few starters and some "Soon to be" starters. 2 is i didn't wanna risk any injuries. My next 2 games are very important, the last thing i want is a starter getting injuried in a friendly.

The only 3 starters not playing is my best winger Andi Neiweiler, my best midfiedler Huey Miller and my "winger towards the middle" James MacChoiter. Andi isn't playing because he got his 3rd yellow card of the season last week and has to sit out today. As for Huey and James... well, im taking a chance playing them on wednesday. I hope it doesn't back-fire!

The Match

15473 spectators arrived at The Island of Misfit Toyz, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Geoffroy - Nairn, MacKindlay, Ferreira da Silv - Prakardsakda, Morton, Jonasson, Dyrberg, Minter - Leth, Waldner.

Commandos had chosen a strategic 0-0-0 formation. The following players had been chosen: - - - .

The home team won the game on a walk over since the visitors hadn´t been able to find 9 players fit for the game. The spectators seemed disappointed, in spite of the victory.

The match ends 5 - 0

Player Ratings

3.5 - Joseph MacKindlay

2.5 - Imboon Prakardsakda (Offensive)
4.0 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)
4.0 - Iver Dyrberg (Offensive)
3.0 - Percy Morton
2.5 - Benton Minter (Offensive)

3.0 - Maik Waldner
4.0 - Hugo Leth

36 - Stars

Post Game Comments

Man that crowd sucked.... i only made 98k off this game Dam walkovers! Anyway, my new forward Hugo Leth got 4 stars in his first match with the team. Hopfully my other forward Maik Waldner will turn his form around on thursday so i can see what these 2 can do together in decent form. The only other guy to talk about is "Mr. Franchise" Iver Dyrberg! He picked up his first ever 4 star game! Not bad for an 18 year old with passable stamina

Around The Divison

pegasus - vs - The Family Jewels 1 - 0

Much closer game then expected here. FJ's 5-4-1 "Pressing" kept the game close, but i think it had more to do with Pegasus's offense being in crap form then FJ's defense.

Carebears - vs - Pie Eaters 2 - 3

Upset of the week in Div. 41! The Carebears obviously Pic'ed the Pie Eaters and it totally back fired. Stupied move in my opinion, PE has a good midfield and a capable offense. And we all know that any team with a good midfield and a capable offense is always dangerous.

Monkey of Doom - vs - Havoc 5 - 0

ouch..... I can't say i agree with Havoc playing a straight 4-4-2 CA today vs MOD. The last thing you wanna do against a team of MOD's caliber is give them the possession advantage if you don't have to. I expected Havoc to lose today, but losing by this much was a surprise and it seriously hurt his GD. And to top it off, another one of Havoc's winger trainee's got injured for 5 weeks.... thats the second 5 week injury to a trainee in the last 2 weeks

Divison Standings

---------Team-------------Played-------------Goals-----------Points

1. Monkey of Doom-----------10--------------30 - 6-------------28

2. pegasus-------------------10--------------31 - 10------------22

3. Carebears-----------------10--------------24 - 14------------19

4. Maniacal Misfitz------------10--------------24 - 13------------16

5. Havoc---------------------10--------------20 - 21------------16

6. Pie Eaters------------------10-------------19 - 25-------------9

7. The Family Jewels----------10--------------12 - 21------------5

8. Cons Commandos-----------10--------------0 - 50-------------0

With the Carebears unexpected loss and Havoc losing by much more then expected. I have a very real shot at ending the season in third place. If i can win 3 out of my last 4 games i'll do it. The Carebears remaining schedule is just brutal, it will probally come down to the last game of the season when i play them at home. Should be interesting!

Upnext, This weeks FOFC Cup Game
Old 05-10-2004, 10:31 PM   #100
Havok
College Starter

Update

Hmmm.... im not sure exactly what happened, but i was just poking around HT and it seems that my player summary changed quite a bit since thursday. Maybe the player summary page was running a little late or something last thursday but heres what it looks like now.

Value per player (average): 360 250 US$ (+16,900)
Total squad value: 7 205 000 US$ (+338,000)
No of players (excluding the coach): 20
Number of nationalities: 14

At first i just thought that it didn't add my new forward Hugo Leth, but that wasn't it. What i actually think happened was that it added Hugo's value, but didn't update my players training increase. Either way we've broke through the 7 million dollar team assessed value mark!!

My value is really gonna start skyrocketing soon with 4 middy's working they're way towards brilliant PM and 1 working his way towards Magnificent. Next seasons wages are gonna blow