Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #51
miami_fan
Coordinator

O-ver-time.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #52
miami_fan
Coordinator

Wow
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 04-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #53
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jesus what a shot, nothing the Nets could do there.

As a UW grad I am happy for Nate, but as a Nets fan it's pretty sick.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #54
whomario
Pro Starter

Nate fucking Robinson ! That last shot was so insane, i think he would have hit a full court heave if he had to

Wow, that´s what i get for being behind a minute on league pass. Great move and shot by Johnson.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 04-27-2013 at 04:22 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #55
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Joe Johnson!!!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #56
miami_fan
Coordinator

Doub-le O-ver-time
Old 04-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #57
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

man, what a joke of a series for the refs. Wallace gets hit in the face twice, then gets called for a loose ball foul.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #58
miami_fan
Coordinator

Either call the touch fouls or just let them play, refs
Old 04-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #59
whomario
Pro Starter

finally overdid it there, Nate did.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 04-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #60
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Nets are going to lose this game because of poor offensive rebounding.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #61
whomario
Pro Starter

stupid decicion by Robinson, really obvious shove ...
Old 04-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #62
miami_fan
Coordinator

Deng gets the last shot?
Old 04-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #63
whomario
Pro Starter

should try to run Hinrich of a screen, but then again it´s the NBA and it´s aparently mandatory to run iso plays in theese situations ..,
Old 04-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #64
whomario
Pro Starter

Noah has heart

and now he´s gone ... Should have taken his bets here, what are the odds Evans hits even a point blank rebound ?

Last edited by whomario : 04-27-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #65
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Either call the touch fouls or just let them play, refs

AGAIN
Old 04-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #66
miami_fan
Coordinator

Where the fuck is Brook Lopez? He has just disappeared from the offensive end.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #67
miami_fan
Coordinator

Andray Blatche......heh
Old 04-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #68
miami_fan
Coordinator

Brutal loss by the Nets
Old 04-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #69
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Well, this just blows. I tried to get to the Rockets-Thunder game for over 3 hours but it was flooded every way we went. I eventually had to put my Corolla over a curb to turn around and making it back. To console ourselves, we went for fast food and they even shorted me on fries at the usually reliable Whataburger.

Oh, and fuck Joey Crawford

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #70
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Bogut looks awesome right now. If he can keep this up, look out.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #71
kingfc22
Head Coach

Steph Curry - WOW!!! Dude is unconscious right now. Hitting shots from everywhere.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:11 AM   #72
Groundhog
Coordinator

Bogut was amazing in that first half. If the dude wasn't made of glass, he'd have multiple all-star appearances by now.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:51 AM   #73
miami_fan
Coordinator

No props for Tracy McGrady finally playing in and winning a first round series?

And while it is ridiculous for Dwight Howard to get ejected from a game like that, I am past the point where the game has decided that it is okay to just beat on guys like him in the post. I get it, he is bigger and stronger than everyone else. That does not excuse the beating that he takes under the "well he is so much bigger and stronger, so we have to beat the hell out of him" excuse. Actually I could probably deal with that kind of "defense" if Dwight were allowed to do the same to the other team as well. If Dwight were able to pay it back to the other team with similar physical play, then he would have no complaints. And yes, he could make teams pay by hitting his free throws. Yes, but so can the other teams when he is physical with them. Unfortunately, he does not get that opportunity.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:39 AM   #74
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'll give as much props to McGrady for today's win as I give Adam Morrison for the Lakers success during his stint there.

I tend to agree re: physical play for bigs. It goes down to basketball at all levels however - the biggest guys on the court too often get penalised for being the biggest guy on the court. Watching junior basketball, whenever you see the kid who is far bigger than the other guys on the court getting called for offensive fouls whenever he backs down a guy half his weight, then getting hacked to hell when he does manage to put up a shot... well, it's little wonder there are so few true post players.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #75
whomario
Pro Starter

Curry was absolutely amazing in the 3rd quarter, that and Bogut in the first half were really great to see. Fun game, fun crowd as well. Definitely enjoying theese games

look at the first 3 btw. It´s a side-step 3 and he doesn´t even look for it to go in

also :

made a behind the back pass on the move with his off-hand as well. Agree that a healthy Bogut would definitely have had multiple all star apearances. The Warriors also might have hit 60 wins this year.

Last edited by whomario : 04-29-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:15 AM   #76
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
And while it is ridiculous for Dwight Howard to get ejected from a game like that, I am past the point where the game has decided that it is okay to just beat on guys like him in the post. I get it, he is bigger and stronger than everyone else. That does not excuse the beating that he takes under the "well he is so much bigger and stronger, so we have to beat the hell out of him" excuse. Actually I could probably deal with that kind of "defense" if Dwight were allowed to do the same to the other team as well. If Dwight were able to pay it back to the other team with similar physical play, then he would have no complaints. And yes, he could make teams pay by hitting his free throws. Yes, but so can the other teams when he is physical with them. Unfortunately, he does not get that opportunity.

I don't think the Lakers are allowed to complain about any refereeing.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #77
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Well, this just blows. I tried to get to the Rockets-Thunder game for over 3 hours but it was flooded every way we went. I eventually had to put my Corolla over a curb to turn around and making it back. To console ourselves, we went for fast food and they even shorted me on fries at the usually reliable Whataburger.

Oh, and fuck Joey Crawford

SI

So, cool move by the Rockets: "
Our records indicate that you or your guests did not utilize your seats for Saturday night's thrilling game. We understand that some fans could not attend due to the severe weather experienced in some parts of town.
Please accept this offer to redeem two (2) seats for tonight's game - Monday, April 29th - at no additional charge by clicking on the link below. Tonight’s game is sold out, so seats will be based on availability, and are not guaranteed."

Now trying to convince my wife that it's a good idea to go to an 8:30pm start game on a night we both have to work the next day

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #78
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
So, cool move by the Rockets:

Props to them, that is indeed a cool move on their part.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #79
Logan
Head Coach

Agreed. Knicks fans would have gotten an email with a picture attached of Jim Dolan holding up the cash he got from re-selling their seats.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #80
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

NBA blocking move of Kings to Seattle...$!#@%
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #81
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
NBA blocking move of Kings to Seattle...$!#@%

Sweet! Fuck a fanbase over twice! Nice job NBA!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #82
Atocep
Coordinator

My son was really excited about the Kings coming to Seattle.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #83
korme
Go Reds

Seattle needs a team, but the Sacramento is a good bball city.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #84
whomario
Pro Starter

Hope you got to see the game, SI ?

Rockets are a fun team, happy for them and that aditional game (or more ?) will definitely help them in the long run. I think McHale said sth about wanting them to win game 4 and be up in game 5 late, because those are the moments where you can really be tested.

Durant should have shot the ball way more, instead of trying to get his teammates involved kinda forcedly. If you shoot 12-16 and loose by 2, you didn´t shoot enough.

Asik and Parsons were great last night.

Also, Delfino did this (and yeah, Durant had a huge dunk as well )

Old 04-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #85
korme
Go Reds

Carlos Delfino's demeanor makes me kind of like him, he comes off like a prick.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #86
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

So how are the Pistons doing this year? What? They missed the playoffs again? You don't say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:15 AM   #87
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Anyone get to watch the Warrior-Nugget game tonight? I caught the press conference on the radio afterward and Mark Jackson was pissed and complaining about dirty play. He's always got his players' backs, but sometimes tends to be a bit...overzealous (see: intentionally fouling to keep the Rockets from setting an NBA record earlier this season). Was hoping for a less biased synopsis from someone outside the bay area.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:44 AM   #88
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
So how are the Pistons doing this year? What? They missed the playoffs again? You don't say.

Only Lakers, San Antonio, and Chicago can boast more titles than the Pistons since '88. They also had two more appearances in the Finals. I'm guessing I'll see more than another title in my lifetime as well. The Pistons were in the playoffs in the 2009 season, and they got one of the best rookies in the previous draft so I'm not terribly sure what your point is.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:08 AM   #89
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Anyone get to watch the Warrior-Nugget game tonight? I caught the press conference on the radio afterward and Mark Jackson was pissed and complaining about dirty play. He's always got his players' backs, but sometimes tends to be a bit...overzealous (see: intentionally fouling to keep the Rockets from setting an NBA record earlier this season). Was hoping for a less biased synopsis from someone outside the bay area.

Yeah, it was mostly protecting his player and trying to influence the refs for the rest of the series. The Nuggets got more physical with Curry, but it was nothing that was even approaching flagrant foul territory. There was one play where Faried hip/shoulder checked Curry as he was going through the lane without the ball, but the game was probably 1/3rd as physical (if that) as the Clippers-Grizzlies game afterwards.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #90
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
but the game was probably 1/3rd as physical (if that) as the Clippers-Grizzlies game afterwards.

+1

playing against that Gasol/Randolph frontcourt might be about the most physichaly taxing thing any PF/C has to do. Randolph is just annoying and simply doesn´t move when you try to move him and Gasol has that "why is he allways in my way wherever i move ?" thing working for him (seriously, his positioning and rotation on defense are incredible)

Still think that ultimately they are a legit shooter short from actually being a contender, but they are definitely intriguing to watch the way they are committed to their style of play.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #91
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Hope you got to see the game, SI ?

Rockets are a fun team, happy for them and that aditional game (or more ?) will definitely help them in the long run. I think McHale said sth about wanting them to win game 4 and be up in game 5 late, because those are the moments where you can really be tested.

Durant should have shot the ball way more, instead of trying to get his teammates involved kinda forcedly. If you shoot 12-16 and loose by 2, you didn´t shoot enough.

Asik and Parsons were great last night.

Also, Delfino did this (and yeah, Durant had a huge dunk as well )

My 2 year old loves this clip. Every time Durant pops up he says, "dunky!"

Last edited by Desnudo : 05-01-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #92
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

The Grizz have completely flipped the series and now have a chance to close it out at home.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #93
Groundhog
Coordinator

Seems crazy that two 56 win teams face off in the first round.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #94
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

The Thunder pull off the rare double flop:

HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #95
Groundhog
Coordinator

LOL!

Someone needs to photoshop Juggernaut's helmet on Asik.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #96
Danny
Head Coach

Thunder could be in some trouble. Houston likely to go back home with a chance to force gamec7
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #97
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Hack an Asik didn't work so well. Would obvs love to see Houston pull the upset.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #98
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Wow, I love this Rockets team. I felt like they had a good chance tonight, and if Harden stays hot, who knows?

It seems like Durant is getting increasingly frustrated with Garcia's faceguarding. Got that dumb T at the end, does that mean another in game 6 puts him out for a hypothetical game 7?

Also, it was funny to see how much the OKC crowd hated Beverley tonight. Booed every time he was announced or even touched the ball.

Last edited by Simbo Klice : 05-01-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #99
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
The Thunder pull off the rare double flop:

LOL I think everyone who's played their share of sports video games over the years is getting quite a bit of deja vu watching this clip. The classic "two players performing the exact same animation at the exact same time"
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:57 AM   #100
whomario
Pro Starter

Asik has been incredible this series, guy has improved so damn much over the course of the season.
Durant not knowing his name is kinda ridiculous, but aparently that´s todays attempt to seem cool and superior (JR Smith with the same reaction towards Jason Terry)

Also, intentionally fouling with 4 minutes left and only down 6 ? Weak ... Way to inspire confidence in your team.

NBA should do sth about this at some point. Fouls with no intent on the ball or away from it should be FTs and the ball back.