Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-04-2005, 12:42 PM   #51
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I have answered each of the posts listed to help clear up some of the issues.

Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:11 PM   #52
Icy
Pro Starter

Thanks Arles.

Skydog, how is going the sim so far? does the gameplanning affect the outcome as it should? i know you don't play game but sim, but i want to know if selecting for example a vertical passing offensive coach it makes a real difference. If all that is working proplery i'll start a long season as GM signing the coaches and players that match. I want to start a long dynasty soon and i'm not sure what to use this time, if FOF2k4 or TPF as for GM i like a lot some TPF features like contracts, coaches play style etc.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:22 PM   #53
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Thanks Arles.

Skydog, how is going the sim so far? does the gameplanning affect the outcome as it should? i know you don't play game but sim, but i want to know if selecting for example a vertical passing offensive coach it makes a real difference. If all that is working proplery i'll start a long season as GM signing the coaches and players that match. I want to start a long dynasty soon and i'm not sure what to use this time, if FOF2k4 or TPF as for GM i like a lot some TPF features like contracts, coaches play style etc.

on 1.43 it seems like the game is following the gameplanm very well. its not like it was when the game came out and didnt follow it well.

and coaches makes a difference.

Per Arlie

"The offensive/defensive coordinator is more important, but it's optimal when both head coach and offensive/defensive coordinator are the same. The bonus is based on the philosophy offense/defense you choose in camp."

Last edited by jbmagic : 05-04-2005 at 06:19 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:57 PM   #54
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
I have answered each of the posts listed to help clear up some of the issues.

Arlie, did you recieve my .sav file I sent to you via email?

Last edited by maximus : 05-04-2005 at 04:57 PM.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 05:40 PM   #55
Bee
Pro Starter

I tried to play 1.43 but got a RTE 91 error when I tried to sim multi-seasons.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 06:05 PM   #56
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Maximus, I think the problem is that you end up with over 100 players on your roster after the draft. Try cutting some guys to stay under 100 during the offseason and see if that fixes your issue.

Bee, can you send me your save? - [email protected]
Old 05-04-2005, 06:12 PM   #57
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I tried to play 1.43 but got a RTE 91 error when I tried to sim multi-seasons.

it happen 2 times for me when doing multiple season 20 years. it crash and i had to load my season again to continue. lucky i didnt have to start all over from beginning.

but i notice the problem went away when i turn off screensaver, anti-virus and spyware off and i didnt multi-task and didnt minimize the screen

i going to test another 20 years soon to see if i get any runtime error with those things off from the beginning when i do it.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:52 PM   #58
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Maximus, I think the problem is that you end up with over 100 players on your roster after the draft. Try cutting some guys to stay under 100 during the offseason and see if that fixes your issue.

Bee, can you send me your save? - [email protected]

Blah. I was having the AI do everything. Maybe I didn't set the AI to "everything" like I thought. Thanks Arlie.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:00 PM   #59
maximus
Banned

Well, I am letting the AI do all the work. I am doing this to test the game. I crash at week 20 going into training camp. Not sure what the problem is.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:01 PM   #60
Arles
Grey Dog Software

OK, it seems that the prior bug in 1.42 with not clearing out human-run lineups may have caused your error because of the sheer number of players on the roster. I am working on a fix right now, but there's a good chance if you cut your roster down to around 80 players after doing the draft you could make it to the next season OK. Once you hit the first game of the next season, the game should correct it by cutting the team down to a 46 man roster plus 7 inactive and 5 PS guys.

That said, I will try and upload a fixed 1.43 in a bit that allows you to advance to week 1 of the next season. Plus, I will do some more long term sims to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Last edited by Arles : 05-04-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #61
maximus
Banned

Quote:
OK, it seems that the prior bug in 1.42 with not clearing out human-run lineups may have caused your error because of the sheer number of players on the roster. I am working on a fix right now, but there's a good chance if you cut your roster down to around 80 players after doing the draft you could make it to the next season OK. Once you hit the first game of the next season, the game should correct it by cutting the team down to a 46 man roster plus 7 inactive and 5 PS guys.

That said, I will try and upload a fixed 1.43 in a bit that allows you to advance to week 1 of the next season. Plus, I will do some more long term sims to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thats cool Arlie.

The 1.43 full install on the game page, is last fix you did included with the full install or would I still need to download the last fix from the updates page? Thanks.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:39 PM   #62
jbmagic
Pro Starter

just notice that under tools/option it does the opposite to set things there.

if box there is uncheck its enables it.

if box is mark its disables it.

Last edited by jbmagic : 05-04-2005 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:07 PM   #63
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
just notice that under tools/option it does the opposite to set things there.

if box there is uncheck its enables it.

if box is mark its disables it.
If you check the option and the white square appears in the check box, that item is enabled. Which options are you referring to? A quick test can be done on the sounds to see it works.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:16 PM   #64
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
If you check the option and the white square appears in the check box, that item is enabled. Which options are you referring to? A quick test can be done on the sounds to see it works.

i see what your saying.

just the white box makes it look like there nothing mark in the box. it makes it look blank. it just get confusing what enabled and disabled.

any chance you can make it red to enable and blank for disabled.

thanks

Last edited by jbmagic : 05-04-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:28 PM   #65
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I just uploaded another version of the 1.43 patch (just download the update) that should fix the issues you guys had - esp maximus. Let me know how it goes.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:37 PM   #66
maximus
Banned

Arlie, thanks again man.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:34 AM   #67
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I just uploaded another version of the 1.43 patch (just download the update) that should fix the issues you guys had - esp maximus. Let me know how it goes.

Arlie

thanks so much for your support.

is the full version updated too?
Old 05-05-2005, 07:58 AM   #68
Bee
Pro Starter

Thanks for the fast response Arlie. I'm out of town until Monday, but I look forward to downloading the latest patch and giving the game another run.

B
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:03 AM   #69
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Arlie

thanks so much for your support.

is the full version updated too?
Yeah, they are both up to date now.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:24 PM   #70
jbmagic
Pro Starter

if you guys unistall the game after a few days after intial release, i highly recommend you guys try it again.

the patches and the last patch has really improve the game a lot. you will be surprise how the game runs now.

i was like the majority of you. I play it some when it first came out and then unistall it.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:53 AM   #71
Galaril
Pro Starter

I might buy this now. How much is it?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:59 AM   #72
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
I might buy this now. How much is it?

$35 I believe - avail. via download.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #73
Galaril
Pro Starter

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:30 AM   #74
Galaril
Pro Starter

Can anyone tell me why some players ratings are red numbers and others are green or white on the players cards?

Last edited by Galaril : 05-06-2005 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:49 AM   #75
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Can anyone tell me why some players ratings are red numbers and others are green or white on the players cards?
It's a visual cue to let you know how good the player is at that rating. Red = poor, White = ave and green = good. That way you can get an idea of someone's ability by quickly glancing a player's line.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:58 AM   #76
Galaril
Pro Starter

Arles,
Thanks i am very impressed with my first hour with the trial and am thinking of picking it up. I admire your dedication. I am confused though i didn't think you were still conecting to .400 studios now that you are with Greydog. Sorry, if this is a awkward question.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:32 PM   #77
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Arles,
Thanks i am very impressed with my first hour with the trial and am thinking of picking it up. I admire your dedication. I am confused though i didn't think you were still conecting to .400 studios now that you are with Greydog. Sorry, if this is a awkward question.
Well, some recent developments have allowed me to get more involved with Total Pro Football from a legal standpoint. I can't really get into more detail on that other than saying it's my desire to see people enjoy playing both thes games I made at .400 and the new ones at GDS.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #78
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Well, some recent developments have allowed me to get more involved with Total Pro Football from a legal standpoint. I can't really get into more detail on that other than saying it's my desire to see people enjoy playing both thes games I made at .400 and the new ones at GDS.

Sounds great Arlei. Its great to see you back in the game.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:03 PM   #79
Yossarian
High School Varsity

does anyone know where I can get nfl rosters / facepacks for the game? I found some links on the tpf forum but they were dead.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:10 PM   #80
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
does anyone know where I can get nfl rosters / facepacks for the game? I found some links on the tpf forum but they were dead.

the last real roster is nfl roster 2003 you will find here and others things too

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/tpf2/

You have to have a Yahoo accouint to join. Just make an email accout and then you should be OK. An approval will come to your email addy. From there you will be approved.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:11 PM   #81
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Arles

Head coach's ratings, expertise, and preferred approach are all assign randomly when you create a new league right?

does head coach's ratings, expertise and preferred approach change per season for the head coach or it will be always the same?

is it cheating to goto the coach editor and edit your head coach's expertise and Preferred Approach only? this way i can hire my coordinators to fit my system i want.

i wish you can hire new head coach like you can for offensive and defensive coordinators and special team coach instead of getting a random head coach that your stuck with.

thanks

p.s.
when you have a chance, please check the .400 software forum in the tech section i reply on the negotiating test subject. MNBob will reply probably later on tonight.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:25 PM   #82
Arles
Grey Dog Software

All the ratings are randomly assigned for coaches when you start a league. For the head coach, it stays pretty consistent throughout his career. As to the cheating issue, it's up to the player to decide. I wouldn't have much of a problem if people adjusted their coordinator's preferrences when they started the game, but that's just me.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:37 PM   #83
jbmagic
Pro Starter

thanks

i probably just edit the head coach then and edit the expertise and preferred approach section only before i start my dynasty. because you don't have a chance to hire a new head coach during the offseason.

offense and defense coordinator's and special team coach i will never edit because you can hire new one if you want during the 2nd week of the offseason.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:23 PM   #84
Yossarian
High School Varsity

I downloaded NFL rosters and i've started a new game - how do i get to control the panthers?
Old 05-06-2005, 06:24 PM   #85
Yossarian
High School Varsity

nevermind :-)
Old 05-06-2005, 06:53 PM   #86
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:

Allow me to expand. Joe Stallings was told to fuck off and he did.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 05:19 AM   #87
Yossarian
High School Varsity

I've been playing the three day trial of the game - i'm thinking about buying it but I've stumbled across a big bug.

I'm using the NFL 2003 rosters, perhaps they could be to blame?

I'm about to start the draft. I have #7 in each of the rounds. If I go to trade screen, it confirms this, if I go to 'mock draft' it confirms this, yet when the draft starts, it goes right by my turn!

Someone else gets in on my slot.

Whats up with that!

saved game zip is at http://davidfarrell.co.uk/ok.zip
Old 05-08-2005, 09:21 AM   #88
Yossarian
High School Varsity

No bug.

I had won bidding on a FA who was RFA(1) - I hadn't noticed this. Would have been nice if the game had said "if you win the bidding, you will lose a first" but the info *was* there. my bad.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #89
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
No bug.

I had won bidding on a FA who was RFA(1) - I hadn't noticed this. Would have been nice if the game had said "if you win the bidding, you will lose a first" but the info *was* there. my bad.

Yeah, this is one of my big issues with the game. There is not a lot of notification on things during the offseason.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:45 PM   #90
jbmagic
Pro Starter

here some good places for information

http://www.400softwarestudios.com/tpf/Help/default.htm

http://tpf.hanson-family.ws/faq/

http://www.400softwarestudios.com/in...load/index.php
Old 05-18-2005, 11:00 AM   #91
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Arlie

great game,

How is the next public patch for TPF coming along?

how the negotiation/extension bugs coming along? any timetable when it will be release.

thanks
Old 05-18-2005, 11:01 AM   #92
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I would say in the not too distant future. I just want to make sure the changes don't limit players in some of the areas of negociation or make it too easy to sign people.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:37 PM   #93
The Shadow
n00b

Player Ratings

Quote:
I would say in the not too distant future. I just want to make sure the changes don't limit players in some of the areas of negociation or make it too easy to sign people.

Arlie,

I didn't know there was going to be another patch. I've been playing TPF again lately and having fun.

One thing I noticed on player ratings - there's not enough variations. What I mean is that typically a great player is great at everything, a mediocre player is mediocre at everything, and a poor player is poor at everything.

Would it be a major tweak to introduce more variability? For example, some CB's might be great at zone and interceptions but mediocre at man-to-man and a poor tackler. Or a WR with great hands and route running but poor at avoiding jam or open field running.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:45 AM   #94
jbmagic
Pro Starter

New Patch is out Today May 20, 2005

Arlie Rahn

" OK, I just updated the TPF 1.43 version to fix the issues with renegociations and the error in starting MP leagues in week 1 of the season.

You can get this new version here:

http://66.193.175.87/redist/tpf_patch_143.exe

The full version will be updated as well within the hour."

Thanks Arlie.

Last edited by jbmagic : 05-20-2005 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:17 PM   #95
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow
Arlie,

I didn't know there was going to be another patch. I've been playing TPF again lately and having fun.

One thing I noticed on player ratings - there's not enough variations. What I mean is that typically a great player is great at everything, a mediocre player is mediocre at everything, and a poor player is poor at everything.

Would it be a major tweak to introduce more variability? For example, some CB's might be great at zone and interceptions but mediocre at man-to-man and a poor tackler. Or a WR with great hands and route running but poor at avoiding jam or open field running.

Thanks.
It's not a bad idea, but I don't know that I could fully test the viability of the player pool making such massive changes to the player generation logic. One of the things I have tried to do in BBCF is completely change the entire ratings system. I think this not only makes for more variability in player skills, but gives players more of an identity that makes sense. Once BBCF gets closer to completion, I will go into more detail on this.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:11 PM   #96
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Is there a new game coming out?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:17 PM   #97
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Is there a new game coming out?

Arlie making a college football game.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/bb/