Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2005, 06:58 PM   #51
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
In-bred guy has to be one of the best bad guys on network TV that I've seen in a long time. He just pisses me off every episode.

I thought this past episode was "eh".
I agree the past episode was a little "eh" since it seemed as if the ending to the episode was a little rushed.

Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:59 PM   #52
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I thought the first part was the best episode since the pilot, but that the conclusion couldn't carry through. Plus it did not have Martha Stewart of the Western Frontier or Agent Kellerman, who are my two favorite characters, although the child rapist/murder is doing what he can to earn consideration.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:14 PM   #53
Raiders Army
Coordinator

New show tonight. I can't wait.

Also, when I was a kid, we played a game called Jail Break. Not on-topic, but had to throw that out there.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:19 AM   #54
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Poor kitty.

I can't believe who the woman behind the conspiracy plot turned out to be. Of course if the President turns out to be Geena Davis then I'll just stop watching.

Burrows' ex-wife is an idiot. You see a guy with a gun, so you think hiding behind a kitchen island is the best thing to do?
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:23 AM   #55
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Who do you think killed the kitty? For some reason, the guard is too obvious.

This episode was a little slow, but the good part was when we realized that L.J. took a picture of the CIA guy with his cell phone. Very nice.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:09 PM   #56
kingfc22
Head Coach

I'm going with the in-bred guy for the killing of the kitty or one of his thugs.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:22 AM   #57
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Lightbulb in the eye!!

It was also cool to see Schofield standup to T-Bag. Should be pretty interesting next week with that other crew fixing the guard's break room.

Bad news though for people that watch this. The November 28 episode will be the "fall finale", it is then going on hiatus 'til May where Fox will air the remaining 9 episodes.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:56 AM   #58
Raiders Army
Coordinator

It seemed as if the show was going quickly the first few episodes, but lately it's slowed down a bit. It's still a good show. Hiatus until May 2006??? WTF?

Also, I finally placed the doctor on the previews for House. He's Peter from Office Space.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:21 AM   #59
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I'm going with the in-bred guy for the killing of the kitty or one of his thugs.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Schofield was the one who killed the cat - he needed the cat dead so DB Cooper would get pissed off thinking it was the guard and torch the shack. If t-Bag or the other sleazeballs killed the cat, then there's no motive for arson. No arson, no shack, no escape.

And count me in as a hyoooge fan of the show. Like all serials, I fret not knowing if the writers can keep up the drama for a full season and beyond, but they've done very well so far. I've read where the writers have the entire first two seasons mapped out, so I'm glad to know they'll be back.

My one major complaint is the "Coming Next Week" previews. Goddamit they give too much away every week. At the end of the show there is always a nice little mini-cliffhanger and so the suspense is built for next weeks show, and then they go and wreck it by showing you how it works out in the previews. Last night was the final straw, so no more previews for me, thank you.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:56 AM   #60
Joe
Pro Starter

A guys name on this show is actually T-Bag? I sure hope Fox didnt show how he got that nickname.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:45 AM   #61
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
It seemed as if the show was going quickly the first few episodes, but lately it's slowed down a bit. It's still a good show. Hiatus until May 2006??? WTF?

Also, I finally placed the doctor on the previews for House. He's Peter from Office Space.

Ron Livingstone, yes. He was also in HBO's "Band of Brothers."
Old 11-01-2005, 10:24 AM   #62
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Yup, I realized that it was Livingstone first time I saw him, I was like "hey cool!"

And that is really gay if they hold off the rest of the season until May. Even with 24 coming up in January (which is another huge favorite of mine), they can at least get this one done before that.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:43 PM   #63
kingfc22
Head Coach

I hope this will not be another show that FOX screws up by placing it on a long haitus.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:51 AM   #64
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

The way the Fibonacci subplot ended was predictable. With the way the break is going, it seems like the entire prison is going to join them. It was nice seeing that secret service guy get injured. It was also nice seeing Holly Valence as Scholfield's "wife".

Last edited by TazFTW : 11-08-2005 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:56 AM   #65
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
The way the Fibonacci subplot ended was predictable. With the way the break is going, it seems like the entire prison is going to join them. It was nice seeing that secret service guy get injured. I was also nice seeing Holly Valence as Scholfield's "wife".

Wow, she's back in acting?

I picked up her albums on Itunes after seeing one of her videos, where she was wearing a blur, and not much else.. HOT. HOT hOtTtTtTtTT!
Old 11-08-2005, 05:41 AM   #66
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I liked seeing the secret service guy get hurt as well. I like him/hate him. I hate him because the character is an asshole. I like him because he looks a lot like Rich Eisen from the NFL Network. I'd say that the "clean-up" guy scene was predictable but highly entertaining and funny.

Okay...this is something I really don't get. The writers appear to be intelligent and have woven a pretty good plot. Of course, there are some trite plot mechanisms and some gaping holes, but the biggest one was last night. The lawyers are hiding out because someone tried to kill them. They have L.J., who witnessed the murder of his mother and stepfather (?), as well as having an attempt on his life. The chick is on a computer and is signed on under a screen name that is exactly her name. Remember this is the same chick that could figure out that they were tracking L.J. when he was using his cell phone. She then responds to an IM. How stupid is that?

Also, the guy lawyer is an extremely likeable guy.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:41 AM   #67
Barkeep49
Coordinator

My brother and I both had a hard time with our suspension of disbelief with the IM tracking. Even if we get beyond the fact that she's signed onto an IM service WHEN SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD the ability to trace her was just too much for us.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 07:44 AM   #68
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Couldn't you still trace her by her IP address, even if it's not static? The way in which the "cleaner" did it was pretty unrealistic, but I think it could still be done.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:58 AM   #69
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I was wondering that oo. Wouldn't she think for a second that being signed online that long, when they are in the middle of nowhere, isn't such a good idea? Still, very good show and I am liking where it is going.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:32 PM   #70
kingfc22
Head Coach

I feel the same way as you guys, The IM tracking seemed very iffy to me and the fact that they had another guy join the escape is a bit lame. Who's next, the old guy? But, I still like the show.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:43 PM   #71
JasonC23
High School Varsity

Little things like the IM (which, I agree, was ridiculous) are what keep Prison Break from being a great show. It is a very good show that I watch and enjoy, but I have to suspend my own disbelief too many times for it to be truly great.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:01 PM   #72
MikeVic
Head Coach

Haha yeah, I hated the IM tracking thing. Why would she be logged on and not get a response from anyone else from her list after her apartment exploded? But I still also like the show.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 05:51 PM   #73
gkb
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23
Little things like the IM (which, I agree, was ridiculous) are what keep Prison Break from being a great show. It is a very good show that I watch and enjoy, but I have to suspend my own disbelief too many times for it to be truly great.

I agree with this completely. My wife and I enjoy the show, we think it's good, but more and more lately we're finding parts that are really hard to swallow.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:29 AM   #74
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I think the show is spiraling into the ridiculous now. The thing I thought was really bad was that the Vice President funnels government funds so she can get enough money to campaign to be the President? And she has her brother killed in the process? That is totally out there.

Why the hell would the "cleaner" guy call the FBI guys? The fact that Rich Eisen left him to rot was not surprising.

On a positive note, at least they are beginning to realize they have too many people in the jailbreak!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:07 AM   #75
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So I had the show on last night. Someone I kind of know told me she was going to be on the show (is it filmed in Chicago at all?) so I watched it without really paying attention. She said she was holding up a sign that said "Thou Shalt Not Kill" and screaming "Murderer!" I didn't see any scene like that, though. Did any of you guys see it?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:12 AM   #76
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Nope. Pix pls k thx
Old 11-15-2005, 10:57 AM   #77
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I didn't see anything like that. I don't really recall any city scenes where there would have been large groups of people (or really any spectators at all) so it may be a different episode.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:30 AM   #78
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Yep, looks like you're going to have to suspend your disbelief like you do with 24. How can the Secret Service guy cover up the well when that other guy broke through it in the first place?

I wonder who will they get rid of? The two obvious choices are T-Bag and that black guy. I would think the show would choose to keep T-Bag since he is the more entertaining bad guy of the two.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:54 AM   #79
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

I'm still eager to see how 200-250 llbs men are going to be able to get accross that wire... maybe they'll learn how to fly next week or maybe the dude has jet packs hiden somewhere.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 06:03 AM   #80
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I wish they would let us know they're gonna just re-air this week's episode next week at 8 EST in advance. Then I would watch the re-run and then MNF.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:56 PM   #81
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

My main beef is with their plan once they break out of prison. This presumably would be a huge national story if the Vice President's son's death row killer and 6 other cons escaped from prison. So they are going to go to a tropical resort to live, I assume without shirts. Wouldn't the press mention the fact that one of the guys is 95% covered with recognizable tattoo's?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 10:21 PM   #82
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd
My main beef is with their plan once they break out of prison. This presumably would be a huge national story if the Vice President's son's death row killer and 6 other cons escaped from prison. So they are going to go to a tropical resort to live, I assume without shirts. Wouldn't the press mention the fact that one of the guys is 95% covered with recognizable tattoo's?

He's going to have very painful tattoo removable surgery...
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:04 AM   #83
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I hate T-Bag! I also hate that the show is having its "Fall Finale" next week.

That Slim Shady guy is going to be a rat for a cheeseburger?

I wonder how are they going to break out with Lincoln in solitary until his execution?

Last edited by TazFTW : 11-22-2005 at 01:06 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:20 AM   #84
kingfc22
Head Coach

He should of just killed ol' T-Bag.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:48 AM   #85
Dunleavy
High School JV

what is a Fall Finale???

is it the final show? or are they having a break and continue after the hoildays? i assume the latter
Dunleavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 02:44 AM   #86
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

It is on break until May.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:44 PM   #87
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Last new one tonight. I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time I'm dreading a long break. Fox is so stupid.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:16 AM   #88
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I figured they wouldn't be able to break out this episode (too many remaining eps to have them just run around). Well, the good news is that it'll be back in March instead of May.

Nuts, the VP's brother is still alive. I would have liked the VP to be more cold hearted than to just fake her brother's death. Why would the secret service guy not give the lawyer the envelope? He had to know he was going to die. How was C-note able to lie to his wife that instead of being in an Illinois penitentiary, he was in Kuwait?
Old 11-29-2005, 01:51 AM   #89
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
How was C-note able to lie to his wife that instead of being in an Illinois penitentiary, he was in Kuwait?

That scene was good for a chuckle.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:50 AM   #90
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Disappointing episode as a fan, but it was a decent cliffhanger.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:58 AM   #91
Joe
Pro Starter

good thing he remembered to embed poison in his arm.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:30 AM   #92
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Why would the secret service guy not give the lawyer the envelope? He had to know he was going to die.

Except that he didn't. When he's laying in the street after being shot, the lawyer looks over at his "lifeless" body and he blinks and moves his mouth. I half expected him to turn his head and wink at the camera.

He was also wearning more protection than Donovan McNabb - could he have been any bulkier in all those clothes? Where is Wrigleyville anyway, The North Pole?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:32 AM   #93
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Disappointing episode as a fan, but it was a decent cliffhanger.

Agreed. I'm satisfied with the episode insofar as the producers have - at the same time - left some loose ends that I'd like to see tied up and made those loose ends so predictable that I won't miss the show at all while its gone this spring. May will roll around they'll air a commercial and I'll say "Oh look! Prison Break - I forgot about that show. Let's see how it wraps up..."
Old 12-01-2005, 02:06 AM   #94
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

And the show Fox will be showing instead of Prison Break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox's winter schedule
FOX MID-SEASON SCHEDULE (All times ET/PT):

MONDAYS
8:00-9:00 PM SKATING WITH CELEBRITIES (as of Jan. 23)
PRISON BREAK (returns with fall finale encore on March 13 and all originals beginning March 20)
9:00-10:00 PM 24 (premieres Jan. 15 & 16, all originals all season)

Skating with Celebrities!
Old 12-01-2005, 02:14 AM   #95
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Skating with Celebrities!

Now there's a winner.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 12-01-2005 at 02:21 AM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:25 AM   #96
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Jeez.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:38 PM   #97
kingfc22
Head Coach

This finally comes back tomorrow. Prison Break followed by 24. SWEET!!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #98
Easy Mac

2 minutes!!!!!!!

Does anyone remember the character names? I dont
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:16 PM   #99
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
2 minutes!!!!!!!

Does anyone remember the character names? I dont

The only name I remember is T-Bag
Old 03-20-2006, 07:19 PM   #100
Easy Mac

as i predicted on a blog... they did show an unpimp auto ad. abruzzi lives!!!!
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote