Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #901
Hurst2112
College Starter

I guess the whole chocking thing was referring to the fact that Detroit can take a controlling 3-1 lead in the series with a win tonight. Their job, despite any bullshit Ewing rule or whatever, has gotten easier with Pronger sitting out.

The way this series is going, a 3-1 series lead, at this time, is a strong statement and a huge swing of confidence.

Anaheim wins tonight? Then it's tied and they did it without Pronger. That would give me the queasys.

I am confident Detroit wins tonight. I'm prepared to eat crow if they don't but there are still guys on the team who know how to win a playoff series and get to the finals.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:57 AM   #902
bbor
Pro Starter

Attention Buffalo fans....Brad Rider is an Asshat.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:03 PM   #903
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor View Post
Attention Buffalo fans....Brad Rider is an Asshat.

I don't know who the hell Brad Rider is, but given your earlier Asshat apersions (see, e.g., post #770 of this thread), I must assume Brad Rider is super-cool.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:42 PM   #904
bbor
Pro Starter

HA!

Rider is on Buffalo sports radio......a complete asshat

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:34 PM   #905
Hurst2112
College Starter

Ric Jackman sighting. Good goal.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:47 PM   #906
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Anaheim wins tonight? Then it's tied and they did it without Pronger. That would give me the queasys.

fits i tell ya. fits
Old 05-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #907
Hurst2112
College Starter

ugh.

brought it back to 3 all. nice PP goal by getzlaff. shit.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #908
Hurst2112
College Starter

great last half of the 3rd period.

frustrating as hell. I'll eat a portion of crow for tonight's loss.

Wings outshot 2:1. Nice PPs for the Ducks.

I guess we are back to normal. Best of 3. I noticed the Wings getting great looks. They didn't make too many mistakes although Cleary's penalty was dumb.

Ducks played an all around better game tonight. hat is tipped to them. Great 3rd period all around. Best hockey to watch this year.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:39 PM   #909
Hurst2112
College Starter

The parting shot of the crowd was somebody holding up a 'fire millen' sign. NOICE!
Old 05-18-2007, 12:25 AM   #910
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112 View Post
great last half of the 3rd period.

frustrating as hell. I'll eat a portion of crow for tonight's loss.

Wings outshot 2:1. Nice PPs for the Ducks.

I guess we are back to normal. Best of 3. I noticed the Wings getting great looks. They didn't make too many mistakes although Cleary's penalty was dumb.

Ducks played an all around better game tonight. hat is tipped to them. Great 3rd period all around. Best hockey to watch this year.

Actually, I disagree. I thought the Wings looked the better team tonight. The looks, the shot difference, Jiggy desperately making saves showed that.

It was a weird reversal, kinda like the Ducks in Game One, where they clearly outplayed the Wings and lost. Actually, I think so far, the road team has been the better team in each of the first four games of this series.

Nice to see Teemu step up to my challenge (not that he knew about it). And Jiggy certainly didn't look like he had Game Three on his mind (although three goals is still too much to allow).

I have always felt this series was going to be a gutsy, tough one that would likely go seven. The winner will have won a marathon. Hopefully that team will still have energy to play the Sens (sorry Buffalo).
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:25 AM   #911
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112 View Post
The parting shot of the crowd was somebody holding up a 'fire millen' sign. NOICE!

See, even without a football team, we pay attention to the NFL.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:24 AM   #912
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

one good thing about Pronger being out of the lineup: they were able to have the female reporter do interviews on the Ducks' bench.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:06 AM   #913
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I thought the Wings out-played Anaheim for the most part in the game. As I see it, the out come of the game came down to two things:

1. Giguere. He was excellent and Hasek was just average. Giguere made a number of great saves and really stepped it up when he had to (no Pronger).

2. The Wings' inability to capitalize on two 5-on-3's. Sound penalty killing by the Ducks there.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 05-18-2007, 08:46 AM   #914
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Hey Chief, is Kunitz definitely out or is there any chance of him coming back next round?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:16 AM   #915
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Hey Chief, is Kunitz definitely out or is there any chance of him coming back next round?

He's done. He had surgery.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:17 AM   #916
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
one good thing about Pronger being out of the lineup: they were able to have the female reporter do interviews on the Ducks' bench.
This took me a few minutes to catch, but jolly good show.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:46 PM   #917
Pyser
Pro Rookie

this has nothing to do with the teams left alive, but i saw this and it made me think of pumpy

Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:42 AM   #918
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Broken hand. Out for the season.

He should be back in September, of course.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:44 AM   #919
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oops, I mean, umm...

..."upper body injury"..."questionable for Game Five"
Old 05-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #920
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Broken hand. Out for the season.
Dammit.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:38 PM   #921
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

If Buffalo wins this game they clearly have the momentum and Ottawa has to start feeling a little tightness in their necks.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:15 PM   #922
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Great game. To bad it ended on a less than stellar goal.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #923
RendeR
Coordinator

I hate Ottowa....SooooooooooooOOOooooooooooOOooooooo....much....

Another series that was seriously marred by horrible officiating. both sides got jobbed on calls today again.

Ottowa is just the worst matchup possible for Buffalo. I blame Jersey for not doing their job and taking them out in the 2nd round

*sigh* Just goes to show that the best team doesn't always win the title.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:31 PM   #924
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

Another series that was seriously marred by horrible officiating. both sides got jobbed on calls today again.

Ottowa is just the worst matchup possible for Buffalo. I blame Jersey for not doing their job and taking them out in the 2nd round

sure looked to me like the best team won that series.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:31 PM   #925
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
sure looked to me like the best team won that series.

Uh, yeah. What he said.

Now with the presidents cup holding Sabres done, Buffalo can look ahead to JP LOSMAN and whats left after the fire sale of the Bills.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:59 PM   #926
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Definately the better team won in that series. I was rooting for the Sabres, but I can't deny that the Sens pretty much mauled them. The winner of the Wings/Ducks series is gonna be in tough.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:45 PM   #927
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Sorry but as a fellow Sabres fan and one who saw them in action all year in person, including today, I must ask...

Have you even watched this series?

Congrats to Ottawa. Plain and simple, they wanted it more.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:02 PM   #928
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz View Post
Sorry but as a fellow Sabres fan and one who saw them in action all year in person, including today, I must ask...

Have you even watched this series?

Congrats to Ottawa. Plain and simple, they wanted it more.

All y'all whining about my best team comment can stfu and root for those maggots from fart-o-wa.

We may be out, that doesn't mean they're better
Old 05-19-2007, 07:19 PM   #929
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Ottowa is just the worst matchup possible for Buffalo.
Given how they're a better team, I can see how that would work.

Oh well, at least you'll have everyone coming back next year. Oh, wait...

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 05-19-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:59 PM   #930
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
this has nothing to do with the teams left alive, but i saw this and it made me think of pumpy

He makes me angry, that's for sure.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:04 AM   #931
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Definately the better team won in that series. I was rooting for the Sabres, but I can't deny that the Sens pretty much mauled them. The winner of the Wings/Ducks series is gonna be in tough.

Call me a homer, but I think the winner of the Ducks/Wings series is going to have an easier time with the Senators than any of the teams in the East have had so far. Both teams have a great shut down line that should keep the Senators big scoring line relatively in check (at least at home where they can get the match ups). I'd like to think the Ducks are physical enough to deal with the Senators as well.

EDIT - before I get jumped all over I'm not guaranteeing a 4-0 series for the Western Conference team or anything The Senators are undoubtedly a very good team, way better than anyone gave them credit for.

Last edited by bhlloy : 05-20-2007 at 12:14 AM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:13 PM   #932
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Call me a homer, but I think the winner of the Ducks/Wings series is going to have an easier time with the Senators than any of the teams in the East have had so far. Both teams have a great shut down line that should keep the Senators big scoring line relatively in check (at least at home where they can get the match ups). I'd like to think the Ducks are physical enough to deal with the Senators as well.

EDIT - before I get jumped all over I'm not guaranteeing a 4-0 series for the Western Conference team or anything The Senators are undoubtedly a very good team, way better than anyone gave them credit for.

BAhhahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Doesn't matter which team gets tehre from the west, The Sens win the cup. GOnna be a short series too.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #933
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Uh, yeah. What he said.

Now with the presidents cup holding Sabres done, Buffalo can look ahead to JP LOSMAN and whats left after the fire sale of the Bills.

Actually, speaking as a non-bills fan living in Buffalo, The Bills have made HUGE improvements to the team. There was no fire sale. They lost a couple guys to FA and they traded away a lame duck running back who had more attitude than fortitude.

They drafted a RB who can run hard between the tackles, they added O-lineman who are 2 steps above what they had before. Loseman, while not a favorite of mine, is a solid starting QB now and with the improved line could actually pick up his game.

Do I think the Bills are playoff contenders? not really, but they came awfully close to it last season with a team that was shit compared to the guys they have in place now, and its also the second year under the new regime. Things could look a lot worse for the Bills, so the next time you want to make a smart ass remark about Buffalo, wait until you have a clue as to wtf is really happening.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #934
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

F____ YEAH!
Old 05-20-2007, 04:44 PM   #935
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

P.S. A most undeserving tie, IMO. We should have lost this game. But I'll take sttill being in this one.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #936
Pyser
Pro Rookie

im so torn on niedermeyer as a devils fan

but i think i hate him. hes so good.

maybe he'll come back in 2 years. fuck.

yes, i hate him.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #937
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

TEEMU!
Old 05-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #938
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
im so torn on niedermeyer as a devils fan

but i think i hate him. hes so good.

maybe he'll come back in 2 years. fuck.

yes, i hate him.

I can understand that. I would be similarly mixed on a longtime star and popular player leaving for another team of his own will.

All that said, you have to admit he went to the one situation that would have enticed him to leave: the chance to play with his brother. I am on the other side, so I am biased, but I would think you would acknowledge a family reason like that is one of the few that is at least a little justifiable.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #939
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

We didn't deserve the game in regulation. We didn't deserve it as a whole.

But I thought we deserved it from our play in overtime. We just plain worked harder in the extra frame. And that's a shame for Detroit, because they certainly deserved a win here today. I don't know if it was just a situation where they had been putting their hearts and efforts out there so long, that the equalizer just sapped their energy or what. But they seemed much less dominant in overtime than they did in regulation.

Ice ownership doesn't matter in this series. Game Six is going to be brutal, and it could go either way. I am afraid of coming back here to Detroit, so I will wish fervently for us to hold our ice on Tuesday.

We haven't been the best team on the ice, IMO, since Game Two.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 05-20-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #940
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I don't know who that defenceman was on the OT goal, but I guess I'll find out when the Leafs give him a $20M deal this off-season.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #941
fjvieane
Mascot

Quote:
I don't know who that defenceman was on the OT goal, but I guess I'll find out when the Leafs give him a $20M deal this off-season.

Lilja (sp?) I think is who it was, lol.
fjvieane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #942
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjvieane View Post
Lilja (sp?) I think is who it was, lol.

I paid more attention to Teemu, so I missed who it was, but if it was Lilja, weird how it turns around. He was an unexpected scorer of Detroit's only goal.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:41 PM   #943
Hurst2112
College Starter

congrats to Anaheim fans.

Franzen made a bad play in the Wings zone on the ducks goal in regulation. Lidstrom tried to stop it but it bounced off of his stick. Bad play and bad luck in a matter of seconds.

I KNEW that the ducks would find a way to win in OT. Bad Lilja. Just a bone head move for a defenseman. Stupid, stupid move.

No excuse. Teemu was spot on. Great veteran vision to score.

80% of teams that win game 5s (after a 2-2 series) go on to win the series.

Wings have been part of the 20% before but I don't think they got the chops for it this time.

Oh, and Giggy was effin awesome today. Wow.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:55 AM   #944
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

A brutal loss. The Wings should have won Game 4 as well. The Wings were the better team yesterday. They had more shots and more opportunities, but just blew it at the end. Chelios and Franzen should have cleared the zone, Lidstrom shouldn't have had his stick on the ice, and I have no idea what Lilja was doing in overtime. The Wings have had 3 5-on-3's in the last two games, all at critical junctures, and have failed to score. Definitely huge opportunities wasted.

The Wings are definitely in trouble.

Giguere has been the difference in the last two games for sure.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #945
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
RendeR, youve already set a low bar for yourself in this thread regarding your hockey knowledge and predictions. Please dont continue into the pigskin.

The Bills are a better team starting out in 2007 than in 2006?

Even Brett Hull and Scottie Norwood could get together and have a beer at the Buffalo Sports Garden and laugh at that one.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:48 PM   #946
Karim
College Starter

I think I've watched all of Anaheim's playoff games the last two seasons. Is Niedermayer like Bobby Orr? I don't think there's anyone here old enough to answer that but I can't imagine Orr being that much better.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #947
Karim
College Starter

Knob hockey has been updated. The 'Too many Niedermayers' is the best.
http://www.heavy.com/channel/2468
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #948
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim View Post
I think I've watched all of Anaheim's playoff games the last two seasons. Is Niedermayer like Bobby Orr? I don't think there's anyone here old enough to answer that but I can't imagine Orr being that much better.

Nieds is VERY good (although i really don't think he is playing great right now) he is nowhere near Orr.In all honesty orr on one leg(which is how he played most of his career) would skate circles around Niedermeyer.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:46 PM   #949
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
RendeR, youve already set a low bar for yourself in this thread regarding your hockey knowledge and predictions. Please dont continue into the pigskin.

The Bills are a better team starting out in 2007 than in 2006?

Even Brett Hull and Scottie Norwood could get together and have a beer at the Buffalo Sports Garden and laugh at that one.

"the next time you want to make a smart ass remark about Buffalo, wait until you have a clue as to wtf is really happening."

Perhaps you missed the last phrase, get a clue asshat.

If you want to insult me, start your own thread, get off it in this one. This is about the NHL Playoffs. I responded regarding the Bills because I thought you were in need of education, but alas you were just being an asshole.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:08 PM   #950
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Trivia question: the pick used to draft Scott Neidermayer originally belonged to the Leafs. Who did they trade the pick to the Devils for, straight up?