Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #703
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I wanna get it on this action --

Logan fucking sucks. Asshole.

How's it gonna feel when both my Big XII championship rings are being impressioned into your forehead?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #704
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
nice job responding to something other than what I was talking about. You have every right to respond to cartman, I was answering your continue sniping at me for no good reason. You beat a dead fucking horse for all its worth and then wonder why people get annoyed about it? You've been riding me since that initial pick, when by your own statement you don;t care, so I can only assume that you have a stick up your ass about me and just want to be an asshole. Let IT Go.

I challenge you to

A) Find where I "rode you" on the initial pick
B) Find where I "rode you" throughout this draft. I questioned you tying Chicago to Milwaukee. And I questioned this. The end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #705
wade moore
lolzcat

cartman - way to selectively quote. I was happy to leave it at that, and we were done. That last post was the end until ML (the originator of these things btw) posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I'd like the "sitcom" vs "family" thing clarified, if only because I can see people taking Tony Soprano or JR Ewing and starting all sorts of arguments.

Beyond that, I'd be fine with letting the voters decide what a sitcom is. Let's face it, every single person in the draft is secretly planning to work The Simpsons in as a "sneaky" pick, so we might as well have that argument now.

After this is when Dr. Sak decided to change the title.

Edit to add:

I don't want to knock Sak because setting these things up are a pain in the ass. But these "fights" in drafts happen when the rules are not clearly defined/clarified before things get started - therefore I asked for some further definition before we got on a roll, and you can see that ML agreed.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 01-17-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #706
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I didn't selectively quote. That was from a direct conversation stream, in order of posting, on page 1.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #707
Raiders Army
Coordinator

6.7 Joy Turner (My Name is Earl) - Bad Girl

Cheats on her husband and is a hoot.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #708
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I didn't selectively quote. That was from a direct conversation stream, in order of posting, on page 1.
Ok, I used the wrong word. You didn't show the full story. Dr. Sak and I were done with the conversation at that point and I was happy to let it be, but then another participant also wanted it to be more clearly explained.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #709
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Dang it, RA. She was gonna be my pick for mom.

Last edited by cartman : 01-17-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #710
RendeR
Coordinator

Wade, seriously, just shut up about it already.The picks done and everyone else seems fine with it, let it drop.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #711
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Wade, seriously, just shut up about it already.The picks done and everyone else seems fine with it, let it drop.

You do realize this discussion has nothing to do with you at this point, and hasn't for awhile, right?

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #712
RendeR
Coordinator

Its the same discussion, you've just dropped a losing battle with me and moved on to defending yourself against cartman. Let it go dude.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #713
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I've been posting here for almost 9 years, if people haven't figured out what I'm going to react to and how I will react by now thats not my problem.

FWIW, this isn't an excuse it's a cop-out. Just because we all know how HA is, doesn't excuse him.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #714
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Its the same discussion, you've just dropped a losing battle with me and moved on to defending yourself against cartman. Let it go dude.

I didn't "lose" a battle with you. you showed that others dont' think the pick is a big deal. I showed that the rules changed before you made your first pick, despite what you said.

And defending is right. If someone makes false claims about me, I'm going to defend myself - I'm not going to just "let it go".

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 01:01 PM   #715
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Dang it, RA. She was gonna be my pick for mom.

Yeah...I wish in retrospect I would've picked Alf for Pet. I think I'm gonna regret picking her for Bad Girl instead of Mom too.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:01 PM   #716
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
FWIW, this isn't an excuse it's a cop-out. Just because we all know how HA is, doesn't excuse him.

I agree. There is no need for that kind of reaction, whether or not someone is known for it.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #717
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Yeah...I wish in retrospect I would've picked Alf for Pet. I think I'm gonna regret picking her for Bad Girl instead of Mom too.
I was surprised to see Alf under wildcard rather than pet. Wildcard is just such an open category and Pet is such a limited one.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 01:04 PM   #718
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok how about this, Stop prolonging an argument for no other reason than your own ability to feel "special". Its done. Stop fighting a fight thats been over for a page already. To everyone else I offer an apology for blowing up in thread, it was distracting and I'm sorry for that. I have a temper, most everyone knows that already, more do so now I think. Can we carry on now?
Old 01-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #719
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Not worth much honestly, knowing how people act and deliberatly provoking them by sustainined commentary is just as stupid. Its a two edged sword, if you want to not stop and think about WHO you're interacting with and avoid the obvious scene that will come from making your statements in a certain way then your just as much to blame as the person that reacts as their nature tends that they will. its called being a member of society, yes you have every right to say what you want when you want, but if you knowingly do so to someone who is a known quantity (HA and his reactions for example) then you can't bitch about that person reacting that way when you could just have easily avoided it all and gotten to the same point later on. If you kick a bear its going to maul you, don;t get pissed at the bear.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #720
wade moore
lolzcat

I poked the bear and didn't care about the reaction. But, those others around that saw the bear react didn't like it.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 01:11 PM   #721
wade moore
lolzcat

dola:

Hell, I've shown in this thread that I'm not much better sometimes, I just don't "yell" quite as much when I do it.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 01:11 PM   #722
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Nobody picked the bear yet, so can we quiet down about it already???
Old 01-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #723
Danny
Head Coach

On a different note, I thought Maple Leafs initial commentary about the Simpson's being a sneaky pick was odd. I've always thought The Simpsons and shows along those lines were clearly sitcoms and pretty standard in this day and age.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #724
wade moore
lolzcat

So back to the draft...

Quote:
6.7 Joy Turner (My Name is Earl) - Bad Girl

Cheats on her husband and is a hoot.

I'm curious as to how this and the Barney pick will be viewed. I feel like the board as a whole watched a lot more sitcoms and have more nostalgia for shows that are no longer on the air. For instance I have never really watched either of those shows. So, I think these picks could suffer from a nostalgia perspective - but at the same time the people that like these shows LOVE these shows, so you may guarantee yourselves some voters just because of that.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #725
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
On a different note, I thought Maple Leafs initial commentary about the Simpson's being a sneaky pick was odd. I've always thought The Simpsons and shows along those lines were clearly sitcoms and pretty standard in this day and age.

I think so too, but I do agree with what someone said - when i try to "picture" these families it's awkward to have a Jordan/Looney Tunes look in my head.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #726
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
So back to the draft...

I'm curious as to how this and the Barney pick will be viewed. I feel like the board as a whole watched a lot more sitcoms and have more nostalgia for shows that are no longer on the air. For instance I have never really watched either of those shows. So, I think these picks could suffer from a nostalgia perspective - but at the same time the people that like these shows LOVE these shows, so you may guarantee yourselves some voters just because of that.

Yeah. I'm really trying to sort of do two things here: #1, create a somewhat all-star fantasy team from all generations (well, maybe not black and white TV) and #2, hedge my bet a little.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #727
wade moore
lolzcat

And a note to the draft participants/viewers as a whole:

Sorry if it seems like I stir up trouble. I really don't' intend to. I feel like these things are a ton of fun, but that they get very frustrating as a participant if everyone isn't playing under the same rules. So I try to speak up when I feel like that isn't happening, and it sometimes ends up in me taking it too seriously instead of just letting things roll off. I need to do more like I did with the switchup pick early in the draft where it bothered me and I didn't say anything, rather than what I've done this morning.

Sorry. I dont' want to ruin anyone else's fun.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #728
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I think so too, but I do agree with what someone said - when i try to "picture" these families it's awkward to have a Jordan/Looney Tunes look in my head.

I'll just picture the whole family in animated form . It will save my show on special effects for the clashes between Brain/Technology (Stewie) and Magic (Samantha). I'm sure Sam will be tougher to take out than Lois. The family can come back from vacation to see Kramer riding our talking horse using the spare key we gave him.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #729
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Yeah. I'm really trying to sort of do two things here: #1, create a somewhat all-star fantasy team from all generations (well, maybe not black and white TV) and #2, hedge my bet a little.

Yup. Part of the reason for my Geoffrey pick is I was worried I was skewing too much to the "classics" and completely ignoring more recent shows. I still think that is a risk with my squad as it stands.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #730
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Yup. Part of the reason for my Geoffrey pick is I was worried I was skewing too much to the "classics" and completely ignoring more recent shows. I still think that is a risk with my squad as it stands.

I couldn't believe when someone hadn't heard of Barney Fife. I'm only 25, but he is one of the best known sitcom characters to me anyway.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #731
wade moore
lolzcat

Hah - that's a pretty clever way of viewing it

Quote:
I'll just picture the whole family in animated form . It will save my show on special effects for the clashes between Brain/Technology (Stewie) and Magic (Samantha). I'm sure Sam will be tougher to take out than Lois. The family can come back from vacation to see Kramer riding our talking horse using the spare key we gave him.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #732
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
I couldn't believe when someone hadn't heard of Barney Fife. I'm only 25, but he is one of the best known sitcom characters to me anyway.

Yeah, idano what's up with MrDNA - he didn't know Samantha either .

Quote:
Old 01-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #733
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

I could see really see a show that would pair like cartoons together in an all-star cast work though. Maybe in a contest like setting where they have to compete in challenges. I'd call it the Laugh-a-Lympics or something. There would be three teams captained by a well-known cartoon. Of course, one of the teams would have to be really rotten though. The other two teams would alternate winning episodes. What do you think about that?
Old 01-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #734
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Did Larry have a list or can we Viking rule him
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #735
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

From his list...

larrymcg421 selects...

6.8 Ellie Mae, Beverly Hillbillies - Sister
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #736
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Damn! Good pick from Larry...didn't even think about her.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #737
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Team DeTox needs a motherly figure to keep us nurished. Frankly, she is a cancer to the clubhouse, and on a show I didn't find particularly funny, but she seems famous enough:

6.9 Marie Barone, Mom - Everyone Loves Raymond
Old 01-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #738
cartman
Death Herald

6.10 - Wilson from Home Improvement - Wildcard

Going with a wildcard in the truest sense of the word. You only knew one of his names, never saw his face, but he was always ready to give some well needed advice.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #739
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

wasn't he picked already?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #740
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hmmm, guess not, I must have been thinking of someone else
Old 01-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #741
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

blah, blah, blah

lets fight about the rules

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

Old 01-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #742
Danny
Head Coach

I'm here, pick coming shortly.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #743
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
6.10 - Wilson from Home Improvement - Wildcard

Going with a wildcard in the truest sense of the word. You only knew one of his names, never saw his face, but he was always ready to give some well needed advice.

I had a hard time deciding between him and Al. I knew I wanted one of them though. Good pick.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #744
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am bracing for controversy with my next pick.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #745
Danny
Head Coach

6.11 Springfield, Location

I was originally going to wait on location for a sleeper pick I had, but I can't believe my #1 location Springfield is still here. I think along with Mayberry, it's the most famous city location for a show. Plus, I think what makes the show so great is all of the extra characters that make up Springfield. Considering my family is pretty zaney, it's a good match.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #746
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

6.12 Eric Cartman- Bad Guy

Eric Cartman is king of all assholes. He's completely narcissistic, delusional, and sciopathic. All good traits of a bad guy

7.1 The dream world Bob Newhart- Location

Listen, with the family I've got so far, would it really be so far fetched for Bob Newhart to wake up next to Suzanne Pleshette and tell her about the crazy ass dream he was having?
Old 01-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #747
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post

Eric Cartman is king of all assholes. He's completely narcissistic, delusional, and sciopathic. All good traits of a bad guy

Hey!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #748
Danny
Head Coach

7.2 Charles, Nanny - Charles N Charge

One of the few in the Nanny/Butler/Maid category in which the whole show was based around. Again, very happy to have someone who was in my top 3 to start the draft. And really considering my mom is a witch, we really don't need a maid or a butler since she can just wiggle her nose and have the whole house clean and dinner served.

The possibility of funny business between the young heart throb nanny and the MILF mom, is sure to make for some good comedy as well.

Last edited by Danny : 01-17-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #749
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
6.11 Springfield, Location

I was originally going to wait on location for a sleeper pick I had, but I can't believe my #1 location Springfield is still here. I think along with Mayberry, it's the most famous city location for a show. Plus, I think what makes the show so great is all of the extra characters that make up Springfield. Considering my family is pretty zaney, it's a good match.

Thats a pretty great use of a show right there. Not expected, when you have a whole bunch of players that could fit just about any role, but it works really well.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #750
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post

Cartman slipped off of my list because of how my strategery has moved, but he's certainly one of my favorite bad guys on tv.

Quote: