Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-18-2008, 07:18 AM   #701
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I just got this last week for an early birthday present, I haven't played much of the story. Too busy messing around online. Mafiya, Coops n Crooks, and Free for All are a blast.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #702
Eilim
High School Varsity

Just got the game myself.. (Finally broke down on a next gen console.. been going back and forth between the 360 and ps3 for a while... Finally got the 360 since my brother in law has one.)

Pretty much the opposite for me, have yet to touch online play so far. Going through a big push at the moment on the main storyline to unlock the third island then will go back to enjoying roleplaying a sociopath... Yeah, its roleplaying, thats all it is.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #703
hawk4669
High School JV

Finished the storyline the other day....am now ready to delve into Multiplayer!

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #704
Logan
Head Coach

Not sure if anyone's asked this yet...I'm doing the mission where I have to escape with Packie on the boat...how the hell do I drive this damn thing? I'm trying the shoulder buttons like a car and nothing.

edit: Nevermind, got it. I was getting in wrong.

Last edited by Logan : 05-18-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:40 PM   #705
Eilim
High School Varsity

I'm hoping to finish up the story soon. Might be delayed a bit as I need to get in some COD4 multiplayer to get above level 1 so my four year old nephew stops kicking my butt when we play free for all together.

It's a bit disheartening to get head-shotted, then hear a four year old giggling and calling you a "stinky pants" over the mic.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:12 PM   #706
Eilim
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk4669 View Post
Spoiler

Just finished this mission myself. I now have a reserved save spot just prior so I can replay it anytime I want. Couldn't stop smiling the entire time.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #707
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilim View Post
Just finished this mission myself. I now have a reserved save spot just prior so I can replay it anytime I want. Couldn't stop smiling the entire time.

That's a great idea, one that I of course never thought of.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:44 PM   #708
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I started a job where I drive quite a bit. I determined that it's not a good idea to play GTA before I go to work. Too many situations arise where I have to avoid breaking traffic rules.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #709
RainMaker
General Manager

How competitive is online? I kind of avoided playing other games online because I'm not one of those people that can dedicate 20 hours a day to a game. So I'd usually get smoked online for awhile. Is it that kind of game online or can anyone plug it in and have a good time?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:57 PM   #710
hawk4669
High School JV

So far, I've only played online with strangers....but have gotten EXTREMELY lucky. People have been decent in the big deathmatch games and the attitudes have been minimal.

I'm the same way where I'm not a good "twitchy" gamer and usually get "pwned" online. But playing this has seemed fairly even. Either everyone sucks, or we're all really good as the games have been pretty even.

It seems like the better people know the maps from the game, the better they do (especially on the driving based MP missions).

Strangely enough, the game I've had most fun with online is the "free play" where there is no real goal other than just cruising around causing trouble. My wife and I have both played that....and the groups we've happened to get dropped in with were a lot of fun, had great attitudes, and we all shared some serious LOL moments.

I'm sure it's not the same for everyone, but for me I've had fun.

Just my two cents.

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
Old 05-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #711
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So far, I've only played online with strangers....but have gotten EXTREMELY lucky.

I met my wife this way.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:46 PM   #712
hawk4669
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I met my wife this way.

Wow....note to self...read stuff outloud to yourself before you post it! That sounded swinger-esque.

Ew.

That is all.

www.hbfire.org
Old 05-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #713
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Wow....note to self...read stuff outloud to yourself before you post it! That sounded swinger-esque.

Ew.

That is all.

It's not you, not really. I still laugh like Beavis and Butthead at all sorts of things taken out of context.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:05 PM   #714
RainMaker
General Manager

In the free roam, is there any goals such as killing others?
Old 05-21-2008, 01:53 AM   #715
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Picked this up recently (can only play late at night when the kids are in bed though). I may never finish the game though. I always get sidetracked in these games just wandering around to see what trouble I can get into.

Anyone else have fun getting people killed by the cops? Bump into them when police are around and stand right in their face (only works on the ones who are prone to negative reactions). With ones who get pissed it always leads to them attacking me and cops yelling at them and then shooting them (which leads to easy cash pick ups).

Or sometimes I'll just try to force people into road rage which leads to a game of demolition derby on the streets.

Fun times .

Are there any easy ways to save video of your games?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:18 AM   #716
RainMaker
General Manager

I like to shoot out the tires on cars for some reason at stop lights. Then watch them take off and slide all over the road
Old 05-21-2008, 03:29 AM   #717
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I like to shoot out the tires on cars for some reason at stop lights. Then watch them take off and slide all over the road

I'll have to try that one next.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:52 AM   #718
Eilim
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post
Has anyone picked up the shotgun inside the Triangle Strip Club, and gone on a rampage inside?

Blew the security guys head off, and took out the bouncers, and a few of the ho's inside.
Made it back to my safe house with a 3 star wanted level, after also taking a few cops out in the process.

I'm dangerous I tell 'ya, say something wrong, and it's off with 'ya head!

Thats my current action of choice when not sure what I want to do next in the game and just want to kill time before I decide. Well, that and replaying the Three Clover mission.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #719
Logan
Head Coach

I think they're specific.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #720
Eilim
High School Varsity

A little about the random characters...

Spoiler
Old 05-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #721
RainMaker
General Manager

Can you use cheats in online mode?
Old 05-22-2008, 12:26 AM   #722
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilim View Post

I had this in mind while playing that mission but forgot about it until I woke up in my safehouse. I guess there's a chance I'll replay the game to get the Liberty City Minute achievement.

I hate when I park a police car in my parking spot and some guy gets arrested by a street cop. The street cop will then put the guy in the back seat of my cop car and drive off.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:38 AM   #723
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The actor that voiced Niko was payed a little over 100k for "about 15 months of work" and wants more money.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52800
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #724
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
The actor that voiced Niko was payed a little over 100k for "about 15 months of work" and wants more money.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/52800

Not sure what to compare this to when figuring out if this is accurate compensation. Perhaps an animated movie voice-over? With that said, if he wasn't willing to do it for $100K, I'm sure someone else would have gladly taken his place.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #725
Logan
Head Coach

I'd be more sympathetic if he didn't sound shocked that this game made so much money. His "residual payment" is the fact that he's (apparently) now a known actor. If he signed on to voice the role in a game that was expect to be nothing and turned into a hit, I'd have an easier time understanding his beef with his union.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #726
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
I think it's a joke. 100K for a nobody voice actor? Along with the publicity he gets out of it? Please. If he thinks he's one of the "creative people who drive the sales of these games" then he's fucking delusional.

Maybe the publicity wasn't coming as quickly as he thought it would, and this was his best idea to get that publicity?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #727
RainMaker
General Manager

Been playing a lot of online lately and despite some annoying people on the mic, it's a blast. Been mostly playing in free roam mode. I've found a lot of new places in the city I didn't know existed (junkyard, a tugboat, etc). This game will have a ton of replay value in my book. Couple of things that I noticed on the bad side were the lack of cars available and objects seem to disappear too much.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:33 PM   #728
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

With all the pages in this thread it has probably been mentioned but I actually watched the television for the first time last night and thought "I'm Rich" was freaking funny!!!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #729
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
With all the pages in this thread it has probably been mentioned but I actually watched the television for the first time last night and thought "I'm Rich" was freaking funny!!!
Listen to PLR and the conservative radio station if you get a chance. Absolutely hilarious.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #730
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Can you use cheats in online mode?

That would be a negative.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:34 AM   #731
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm about to give it another try, but I've been having major problems with the Snow Storm mission that others talked about on here earlier.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #732
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Anyone happened upon a room(session) online where a player or multiple
were/are just outright abusive to others in the room?

I had this one person yesterday that fit the bill.
This person was trying so hard to act tough and such.
Calling people this and that, finally I had to send a complaint, because it was getting to be annoying.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #733
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm about to give it another try, but I've been having major problems with the Snow Storm mission that others talked about on here earlier.

It took me like 7 tries to get that one, what a pain.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #734
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
It took me like 7 tries to get that one, what a pain.

I've tried 8 times. I've almost completed once, but made a stupid turn and the cops got me. Other times, I'm not even getting close to finishing it. Definitely a pain.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:33 PM   #735
bhlloy
Coordinator

I managed to beat that one much quicker than Four Leaf Clover, but it's definitely a keep heading for the pay & spray and hope they don't see you deal. Getting into a faster car that doesn't have a tire blown out to begin with is a pretty solid strategy IMO.

It could be worse - at least this GTA has the text messages that allow you to start the mission again from the start point. Way less frustration for me this time around, even though a couple of the missions have been harder than any other GTA game.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:54 PM   #736
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I finally got it! Interesting plot development afterwards as well
Old 05-25-2008, 06:07 PM   #737
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Ya the payoff definitely makes the hard work worth it on that one.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 05-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #738
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I borrowed my neighbor's copy and played until 2am last night. I haven't played GTA in a long time.. but wow, I am really amazed at how much fun I've had so far.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:34 AM   #739
RainMaker
General Manager

Double post error

Last edited by RainMaker : 05-28-2008 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:34 AM   #740
RainMaker
General Manager

Need final mission help!

Spoiler
Old 05-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #741
RawIsDan
High School JV

Quote:
Need final mission help!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by RawIsDan : 05-28-2008 at 09:04 AM.
RawIsDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:25 AM   #742
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I've pretty much hit a wall now. It gets so goddamn annoying how much of a pain it is to even get to some missions, all the driving, bullshit talking, etc. Then when you get there, you have to do some assinine tasks. Of course, after 15 minutes, you can finally get into the mission, where apparently the auto target does a good job of pwning you when it can't detect someone 5 feet away shooting at you.

Right now I'm stuck on the first Packie Mission, aka the one with the stupid jump, and climb stuff. The Francis mission where you have to kill the guy in the projects, and then also the stupid shit where Roman's dumbass gets kidnapped again. Mallorie won't quit calling me, bitch I'm trying to work. I saved Roman's dumbass.....the acting in this part was particularly fucking awful....... but of course I blew myself up when I drove into some sort of minefield when I was trying to figure out how the fuck to get out of the yard.

Also-
Weapons cost a goddamn fortune, and then your guy has the nerve to discard a 2500 shotgun when you run out of ammo. What stupid programming. And right now I'm about out of money, all the cab rides everywhere to drive to jobs add up, just so you can chase people around.

Oh and i was banging this Carmen chick, but then all the sudden she just dissapeared from my phone list. I dunno if i pissed her off, or something. We were in a car wreck.

Lil jacob is the most annoying character. I can't understand a goddamn word he says, and then he's so fucking needy.

This is a fairly good game, there's just a lot of user-unfriendly parts. They should have at least gave you the option to save before a mission instead of making you drive 100 miles to restart the thing. They seem to be a little bit too much in love with the city they created.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:41 AM   #743
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, are you as angry as you come off sounding? I mean I understand getting frustrated by a game, but I usually cool off after a minute or turn it off for a day or two.

Anyways, I have never had any real money problems once I got into the game a little bit, have you skipped all the side stuff?

Carmen probably didn't like the wreck and dumped you.

Lots of people do not like Jacob. I have never had a huge problem and found Brucie more needy. Crap, you get stuff from them or you don't if you keep doing stuff with them, it's not a huge deal to me for a couple. I pick and choose my friends. I think Carmen and Kiki are great girlfriends because of their benefits though.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:48 AM   #744
stevew
Hall Of Famer

LOL, I'm just pissed cause I've literally hit a wall in the gameplay, I'm out of ingame money, and sidequests. I spend 20 minutes meticulously fighting through a level, and then get pwned on some seriously stupid ass stuff. I'll probably take a day or two off of playing.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #745
Anthony
Banned

do some side quests for Jacob or Brucie. you can always get money that way.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:13 AM   #746
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Money does not seem hard to come by for me. Then again, I never take cabs or anything. My only real expense is armor (pretty much after every mission) and the odd time a little bit of ammo.

Did you ever get arrested by the cops? I got busted once and that was a real setback. They take all your weapons and ammo, I think it cost me over 10 grand to set myself back up properly. Now I am very sure to always go down fighting and never leave myself open for a standard arrest to occur.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:43 AM   #747
Anthony
Banned

yeah, avoid getting arrested - go down in a firefight if you can't escape. you don't lose your weapons going to a hospital. i once jumped off a skysraper to commit suicide rather than face getting arrested.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:52 AM   #748
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I got busted some time last night. I usually always go down in a firefight, but for some reason I got caught on a motorcycle and couldn't get away. So, I forgot I had no weapons, and went back to doing the lame bullshit to complete the first packie mission. And then I get through the 3 hours of driving to the site, then the climbing, the straddling, etc and get down to kill some people, and I realize I just have my dick as a weapon. Ugh.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:56 AM   #749
spleen1015
Coordinator

I suggest just sticking to text sims.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #750
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Took me about 5 times, but I just finally completed the "Three Leaf Clover" mission. Now, I see why you guys were talking about that mission. It was difficult, but that was one of the most fun missions I've ever played in any GTA game.