Coordinator

A-Win-Agenov!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:56 PM   #652
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor View Post
Actually i think that because a timeout was called the Ranger could have made a change.

nope.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:26 AM   #653
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I have to say, I was never happier about a non-Red Wings trade as I was when the Avalanche traded Drury. This guy has been scoring clutch goals his entire career. It's uncanny, but he just does it consistently.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:34 AM   #654
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

thanks for bringing that up, HB!

the Coyotes have fired Curt Keilback after 27 years and 2,400 games with the franchise.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:50 AM   #655
Logan
Head Coach

Ugh. What a pain in the ass game to watch last night.

The Isbister interference penalty killed me. I'll give Miller credit for drawing the contact, as he moved into Isbister, not the other way around, but the rule states you can't freely skate into the crease, and that's exactly what the moron did.

Pissed off to have lost a golden opportunity to take the series down at home. But if we can pull it out on Sunday, it's not the worst situation you could be in: playing a road game 7 but having shown that you could win the road game twice already.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:09 AM   #656
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
thanks for bringing that up, HB!

the Coyotes have fired Curt Keilback after 27 years and 2,400 games with the franchise.

What?!? Why? Did he pull a gummy-de-milo or something?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #657
canadiancreed
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
How can this be? Detroit is (geographically) much closer to Canada than San Jose is.

But they took out Calgary. Nuff said. Trust me rooting for a team whose uniforms look like aged snot isnt' my first, second or third choice, but rooting for a team that took out one of ours is even lower so....
canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:19 AM   #658
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed View Post
But they took out Calgary. Nuff said. Trust me rooting for a team whose uniforms look like aged snot isnt' my first, second or third choice, but rooting for a team that took out one of ours is even lower so....
So, um, I'm trying to figure this out. Are you an Ottawa fan or a fan of Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Chicoutimi?
Old 05-05-2007, 11:30 AM   #659
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I have to say, I was never happier about a non-Red Wings trade as I was when the Avalanche traded Drury. This guy has been scoring clutch goals his entire career. It's uncanny, but he just does it consistently.

He's a clutch pitcher too.

This guy is a winner through and through...he just gets shit done.If the Sabres choose to sign Briere instead of(if they can't sign both)Drury i would be flabergasted.He will definatly be a 6Mil a year player on his next contract.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #660
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor View Post
He's a clutch pitcher too.

This guy is a winner through and through...he just gets shit done.If the Sabres choose to sign Briere instead of(if they can't sign both)Drury i would be flabergasted.He will definatly be a 6Mil a year player on his next contract.

I'm of the opinion that somehow they are going to find a way to sign them both.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #661
bbor
Pro Starter

I guess they could if both agree to a hometown discount.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #662
canadiancreed
n00b

Quote:
So, um, I'm trying to figure this out. Are you an Ottawa fan or a fan of Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Chicoutimi?

LOL @ Chicoutimi

I've been a fan of MOntreal since 1986, and Ottawa since they entered the league. However I'd love to see an all-Canadian final (like we should have had in 1993), and if say we have a series like Calgary-Detroit, or Vancouver-Anaheim, I'll root for the Canadian team every time. Of coruse that usually gets rid of my intrest in hockey around early May most years, but here's hoping for three years in a row that we get one to the finals
Old 05-05-2007, 02:23 PM   #663
kingfc22
Head Coach

Way to go Nabby.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #664
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
I've been a fan of MOntreal since 1986, and Ottawa since they entered the league. However I'd love to see an all-Canadian final (like we should have had in 1993), and if say we have a series like Calgary-Detroit, or Vancouver-Anaheim, I'll root for the Canadian team every time.
This is basically what every "Ottawa fan" is like, in case the rest of you were wondering.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:52 PM   #665
bbor
Pro Starter

Except there is no way in hell an Ottawa fan would cheer for Toronto if it was the last Canadian team standing.

As a matter of fact i don't think any Canadian cities would cheer for Toronto..EVER.

Old 05-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #666
canadiancreed
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
This is basically what every "Ottawa fan" is like, in case the rest of you were wondering.

Funny that. The Toronto fans that I know are like that as well (other than rooting for Ottawa that is)

Quote:
Except there is no way in hell an Ottawa fan would cheer for Toronto if it was the last Canadian team standing.

As a matter of fact i don't think any Canadian cities would cheer for Toronto..EVER.

Ya pretty much.

Last edited by canadiancreed : 05-05-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:09 PM   #667
Schmidty
Coordinator

I hate Canada. If there was an all Canadian final, I'd watch reruns of "What's Happening" instead.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:38 PM   #668
canadiancreed
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I hate Canada. If there was an all Canadian final, I'd watch reruns of "What's Happening" instead.

Jealousy is so unbecoming.

ON a serious note that's why you'll never see one. Bettman would have a panic attack if such a thing occured.

Last edited by canadiancreed : 05-05-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:41 PM   #669
RendeR
Coordinator

Schmidty: Defining asshat daily for your convenience.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:43 PM   #670
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

I'm speechless.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:44 PM   #671
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

The "I hate Canadians" thing is an ongoing joke. Be quiet about that which you do not understand. And stop stalking me, you fruitcake.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #672
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
The "I hate Canadians" thing is an ongoing joke.

Someday you MIGHT be funny.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:47 PM   #673
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Jealousy is so unbecoming.

ON a serious note that's why you'll never see one. Bettman would have a panic attack if such a thing occured.

Honestly, the only reason I wouldn't want to see it, is because that would mean that the Wings aren't in the Cup Finals.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #674
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:23 PM   #675
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Someday you might be objective.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #676
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thank you NHL and the vs channel, I'm fully vested into hockey once again!

Wings suck! :P
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:52 PM   #677
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
I think Schmidty is funny.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #678
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Hey, quick pop quiz. Yesterday, Ray Emery slept in and missed the team bus to the airport. Then, trying to get their on his own, he caused a three-car accident on Ottawa's highway and was charged by police. What do you think the headline was on the Ottawa Citizen today?

a.) Emery oversleeps, misses team flight
b.) Emery charged for causing three-car accident
c.) Emery signs autographs for fans on highway

God bless the Ottawa media...

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 05-05-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:55 PM   #679
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I think Schmidty is funny.

Yeah, but odor isn't everything.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #680
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

You know, I can handle the Devils losing the game and the series tonight, but at least try in those final 15 seconds. AT LEAST TRY. Langenbrunner is standing practically on his own red line staring at the puck between his skates with 15 seconds to go. Maybe he thought there was icing, but if you don't hear a whistle, DON'T STOP PLAYING.

What a disappointing end to the game. Well, I guess I'm a Ducks fan for now. Scott Niedermayer's one of my favorite players ever, and it'd be nice for him to get his name on the prize for the fourth time.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #681
Pyser
Pro Rookie

disappointing.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:40 PM   #682
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
You know, I can handle the Devils losing the game and the series tonight, but at least try in those final 15 seconds. AT LEAST TRY. Langenbrunner is standing practically on his own red line staring at the puck between his skates with 15 seconds to go. Maybe he thought there was icing, but if you don't hear a whistle, DON'T STOP PLAYING.

What a disappointing end to the game. Well, I guess I'm a Ducks fan for now. Scott Niedermayer's one of my favorite players ever, and it'd be nice for him to get his name on the prize for the fourth time.

Yeah, I didn't know who I'd root for. Thanks for reminding me about them. I saw the Devils and Ducks play last November, my first time seeing the Devils play. Pretty cool, even though -- surprise, surprise -- they lost.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:43 AM   #683
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Wings suck! :P

Finally, something we can agree on

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:00 AM   #684
Pyser
Pro Rookie

you know, for all the experience on the devils, they strike me as very leaderless.

im not a fan of elias as captain, i must say.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:04 AM   #685
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
you know, for all the experience on the devils, they strike me as very leaderless.

im not a fan of elias as captain, i must say.

Agreed. I think he's been left with huge to fill in the post-Stevens, Niedmayer era...and he can't fill them.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:12 AM   #686
Pyser
Pro Rookie

ill believe it when i see it, but this would certainly be a welcome sight:

Empty seats will be scarce -- perhaps non-existent -- when the New Jersey Devils debut at the Prudential Center in Newark this fall, Devils principal owner Jeffrey Vanderbeek said Wednesday.

"Based on the response that I've been seeing, there's a decent chance that we sell out every game," said Vanderbeek, whose team is battling the Ottawa Senators in the Stanley Cup playoffs. "Even my optimistic self has been overwhelmed by the demand for the premium seats."
Old 05-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #687
miked
College Starter

As a Devils fan, there are a few things I'd like to not see anymore...John Madden, Jay Pandolfo, Colin White. Never have I seen 3 people as useless as these guys constantly suit up and get big minutes. Langenbrunner and Brylin get a pass since they are occasionally capable of scoring, but I miss the old days when the Devils actually had more than one line capable of scoring.

I couldn't even watch the game after that 2nd period. It's like they get a lead and decide to stop playing offense the rest of the game.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #688
Milton
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
ill believe it when i see it, but this would certainly be a welcome sight:

Empty seats will be scarce -- perhaps non-existent -- when the New Jersey Devils debut at the Prudential Center in Newark this fall, Devils principal owner Jeffrey Vanderbeek said Wednesday.

"Based on the response that I've been seeing, there's a decent chance that we sell out every game," said Vanderbeek, whose team is battling the Ottawa Senators in the Stanley Cup playoffs. "Even my optimistic self has been overwhelmed by the demand for the premium seats."

No. Not even the slightest chance of this happening.
Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #689
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton View Post
No. Not even the slightest chance of this happening.

It will happen. People who have NEVER been to New Jersey LOOOVE to criticize fans who didn't make it out to the Continental Airlines Arena. What these goofballs fail to understand -- and those of us in the known have been saying it FOREVER -- that arena and all of that stuff was built where it was to be close to NEW YORK. For Giants and Jets games that only happen on Sundays or maybe random days for a few months out of the year, it's no biggie.

But for basketball and hockey?

You need to be centrally located. The Rock is the first arena to be built in the NY Metro area in over a quarter century. It's located less than 5 minutes away from a major transit hub.

If minor league baseball, pro soccer (Red Bull New York's new stadium is right across the river in Harrison, you can see the baseball stadium from it in Newark) and a major performing arts center that wasn't built to cater to "locals" can survive in Newark, I have no doubt this arena will do well.

And best believe, the Nets will move there once that debacle in Brooklyn finally gets squashed once and for all.

Besides, if the MCI Center could succeed given where they put it, this arena will do even better. Because before, it wasn't a possibility that you could go see a Devils or Nets game randomly on your way home commuting if you wanted to.

But now? It'll be ridiculously easy to do. It's just logical.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 05-06-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #690
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
You need to be centrally located. The Rock is the first arena to be built in the NY Metro area in over a quarter century. It's located less than 5 minutes away from a major transit hub.

Interestingly enough, it's going to be much easier for people to get to the arena from NYC via the PATH than the other NJ Transit routes that would be servicing more of the Devils' fanbase. And also, the walk from the arena to the station is no pleasure.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:58 PM   #691
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Interestingly enough, it's going to be much easier for people to get to the arena from NYC via the PATH than the other NJ Transit routes that would be servicing more of the Devils' fanbase. And also, the walk from the arena to the station is no pleasure.

You know they'll at least have the route patrolled and such alike, by the time this is all an issue. I mean, the last thing any of them wants is something bad to happen. Especially with that PR savvy mayor of theirs, that seems to love the cameras.

I guess I'm always thinking that everyone is on the Raritan Valley Line like I was growing up. I suppose it'll still be difficult for folks coming from down south to get there or from more remote parts of western Jersey, but...I dunno what else they could've done, save for building the thing somewhere in Somerset County so it's closer to the middle of the state.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:09 PM   #692
Logan
Head Coach

Yeah, there was absolutely no other option. I'm a Ranger fan, but I'm hoping for this arena to be a huge success...the state needs it.

edit: 1-0 Rangers after one.

Last edited by Logan : 05-06-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:18 PM   #693
Logan
Head Coach

First 3 mins...not good. 2-1 Sabres.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:33 PM   #694
Logan
Head Coach

3-2 Sabres. Interesting...Callahan just took an elbow to the head from Kotalik and brought him down with him as he fell. Holding penalty on Callahan, Buffalo PP. And there's a goal. 4-2. Lovely.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:11 PM   #695
General Mike
Pro Starter

F*** these refs.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:33 PM   #696
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Where was there interference or a dive there?
Old 05-06-2007, 03:34 PM   #697
Logan
Head Coach

This has been the worst officiated series (both ways) I've ever seen.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #698
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
Where was there interference or a dive there?

Amazing to call two penalties on one play, and have them both be wrong.

And an unreal play to stop an empty net goal!
Old 05-06-2007, 03:37 PM   #699
Logan
Head Coach

Please be a high stick. Please.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #700
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Setting up for a great finish!