Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2007, 09:18 AM   #551
Bee
Pro Starter

Here's the total next gen console sales through last week in the US:

XBOX360 7,373,159 (about 51% of the market)
Wii 5,001,005 (a little under 35% of the market)
PS3 2,072,542 (a little over 14% of the market)

Last edited by Bee : 10-05-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:24 AM   #552
Kodos
Resident Alien

I will admit that the game console junkie in me will have a hard time resisting a $400 PS3.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:33 AM   #553
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Here's the weekly numbers from the US for that period.

Wii 98,173
DS 143,137
PS3 29,618
PSP 88,586
Xbox 360 122,834

I'm assuming you're pulling those from VGChartz? Just curious.

One thing you can be sure of is that the PS3 numbers are going to go down over the next few weeks. Now that the info on the $399 PS3 was leaked, no one's going to pony up $499 or $599 for a console that they can get in a couple of weeks for $399.

Wii sales are nice and steady with the supply now finally surpassing demand.

360 got a nice bump. It will be interesting to see how long this bump lasts. They were hoping to push through 400-500K units in the month period following the Halo 3 release.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:38 AM   #554
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Well that's nice, but has nothing to do with my post. My point was that NHL 08 represents a massive upgrade in terms of overall enjoyment factor over NHL 07, and therefore is more than a 'yearly update' in the eyes of many people.

I'd argue that NHL '07 was such a bad game, they couldn't do anything but improve. They've likely pulled back even with the 2K series this year. Much of the discussion around NHL '08 has to do with the AI and whether you think it's much better or not. I think EA just masked some of the flaws of the game and it didn't really improve all that much overall. You're likely one who believes that the AI is substantially improved. I know Mizzourah believes that as well.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #555
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I will admit that the game console junkie in me will have a hard time resisting a $400 PS3.

Same here. I'll have an even harder time next year when it probably drops to 299 and Final Fantasy is out. That is probably when we'll get one.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #556
Bee
Pro Starter

Yep, I'll buy one when there's a game on it that I want to play that's not available on the Xbox 360. Looks like the first one that's likely to come out that I'm interested in is Final Fantasy. I'll probably still wait for reviews to see if it's worth it though.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:22 AM   #557
CraigSca
Pro Starter

If it's $299 next year when the Show comes out, I'll probably get one. I need my MLB fix and thus far nothing on the 360 is cutting it.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:27 AM   #558
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

What is coming out first, the next Final Fantasy or the new Metal Gear?
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #559
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
What is coming out first, the next Final Fantasy or the new Metal Gear?

Metal Gear comes out in March. FF XIII not until mid-year at the earliest. Probably holiday '08 is a good guess.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:35 AM   #560
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Man, MGS is just about my favorite franchise out there and if I haven't picked up a next gen system by then, I may have to be ready to plunk down the cash.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:33 AM   #561
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Sony makes price cut official in Europe. Others regions expected to follow. No backward compatibility in 40 GB model. Backward compatibility will still be available in 60 and 80 GB model.

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Cont...4&NewsAreaID=2

Quote:
New PLAYSTATION®3 Model to Take Holiday Season by Storm

Aggressively priced hardware and a terrific software line-up make for an unbeatable combination
New 40GB PS3 at €399

London, 5 October 2007 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced details of its exciting new PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) model that will launch throughout the SCEE territories on 10th October 2007 at the highly attractive price of €399.

Providing an incredibly appealing entry point to the world of High Definition gaming and entertainment for the holiday season, the new PS3 brings the next generation of interactive home entertainment to homes all across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australasia.

Along with an ever expanding line-up of PS3 titles (a total of 65 titles tracking across all genres by Christmas), the new PS3 is equipped with a 40GB HDD and includes all the features central to the High Definition entertainment experience; true next generation gameplay, stunning High Definition Blu-ray Disc™ movies, SIXAXIS™ wireless controller, Wi-Fi and HDMI connectivity, all powered by the Cell Broadband Engine™, the digital heart of PS3.

As with the 60GB PS3, the new PS3 features upgradeable firmware allowing new features and functionality to be added to the system as time progresses. A recent firmware update, for example, enabled PS3 to upscale DVD’s played on the system to full 1080P High Definition.

The introduction of the new PS3 has been determined following user feedback from thousands of existing PS3 owners as well as research into future potential PS3 owners. The new model features two USB 2.0 ports rather than four and no longer includes the multi memory card port.

The new model is no longer backwards compatible with PlayStation®2 titles, reflecting both the reduced emphasis placed on this feature amongst later purchasers of PS3, as well as the availability of a more extensive line-up of PS3 specific titles (a total of 65 titles across all genres by Christmas).

The existing Starter Pack*, comprising a 60GB PS3 with extensive backwards compatibility, an additional SIXAXIS wireless controller and two first party titles will be reduced in price to €499. Remaining on sale while stocks last, the 60GB model represents outstanding value for the keen gamer wishing to upgrade to the High Definition capabilities of PS3.

“The introduction of the new PS3 has been the result of extensive research into the entertainment needs and preferences of the next generation of PS3 owners,” said David Reeves, President of SCEE. “It has allowed us to deliver an extremely advanced, yet incredibly affordable High Definition gaming and entertainment system, configured to the needs of the next generation of European PS3 owners. PS3 has always been the device of choice for the discerning gamer and entertainment seeker, and the new PS3 is more than ever the perfect High Definition entertainment system.

*In the UK and Ireland, the Starter Pack will be replaced by a separate in-store promotion on the 60GB PS3.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-05-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:35 AM   #562
CraigSca
Pro Starter

NO backward compatibility? Not even software? Isn't that against what they were saying earlier?
how do you know?

Old 10-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #563
Daimyo
College Starter

Wow. Not even in software? At this point, can Sony do anything right?
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:44 AM   #564
Kodos
Resident Alien

Way to kill any interest I had in the 40 gig model.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #565
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I know it's marketing, but this: "New PLAYSTATION®3 Model to Take Holiday Season by Storm

Aggressively priced hardware and a terrific software line-up make for an unbeatable combination " had me almost laughing out loud.
how do you know?

Old 10-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #566
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Press release making the split between MS and Bungie official. MS retains some equity at this point.......

Quote:
Microsoft and Bungie Studios to Evolve Relationship
Companies to forge new long-term relationship.

REDMOND, Wash. — Oct. 5, 2007 — Microsoft Corp. today announced a plan for Bungie Studios, the developers of the “Halo®” franchise, to embark on a path to become an independent company. Microsoft will retain an equity interest in Bungie, at the same time continuing its long-standing publishing agreement between Microsoft Game Studios and Bungie for the Microsoft-owned “Halo” intellectual property as well as other future properties developed by Bungie.

The critically acclaimed Xbox 360®-exclusive “Halo 3” achieved $300 million in global sales in its first week. Released on Tuesday, Sept. 25, “Halo 3” is the fastest-selling video game ever and already one of the most successful entertainment properties in history.

“Our collaboration with Bungie has resulted in ‘Halo’ becoming an enduring mainstream hit,” said Shane Kim, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios. “While we are supporting Bungie’s desire to return to its independent roots, we will continue to invest in our ‘Halo’ entertainment property with Bungie and other partners, such as Peter Jackson, on a new interactive series set in the ‘Halo’ universe. We look forward to great success with Bungie as our long-term relationship continues to evolve through ‘Halo’-related titles and new IP created by Bungie.”

“This exciting evolution of our relationship with Microsoft will enable us to expand both creatively and organizationally in our mission to create world-class games,” said Harold Ryan, studio head for Bungie. “We will continue to develop with our primary focus on Microsoft® platforms; we greatly value our mutually prosperous relationship with our publisher, Microsoft Game Studios; and we look forward to continuing that affiliation through ‘Halo’ and beyond.”

Bungie Studios will remain in its current location in Kirkland, Wash.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #567
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
I know it's marketing, but this: "New PLAYSTATION®3 Model to Take Holiday Season by Storm

Aggressively priced hardware and a terrific software line-up make for an unbeatable combination " had me almost laughing out loud.

All of the press releases are usually pretty brutal in that regard. At some point, you wish they'd just come out and state the reason for the press release.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:05 PM   #568
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
NO backward compatibility? Not even software? Isn't that against what they were saying earlier?

They had been shying away from increasing BC support in recent months. There hasn't been a BC firmware update in months. The 60 GB machine will likely sell pretty quickly due to the price drop and people wanting to make sure they have full BC.

Now we just sit and watch to see if MS responds or stays put. This move certainly puts pressure on their current price points.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:18 PM   #569
Icy
Pro Starter

Sony UK about the BC

Quote:
Sony UK boss Ray Maguire says that money previously invested in PlayStation 3's backwards compatibility with PS2 is better spent on new game development or helping to support hardware price cuts.
"As we come to our first Christmas with the PlayStation 3 there's going to be about 65 games in the marketplace, so we feel now that there's sufficient choice in the marketplace and that we're still better off using that money that we'd put into backwards compatibility in either investing in new games or using that money to help support bringing the price down so that people can get into the franchise," Maguire told our sister site GamesIndustry.biz in an interview due to be published on Monday.
He was speaking in light of today's news that Sony plans to launch a 40GB PlayStation 3 without backwards compatibility support on 10th October for GBP 299.
When PS3 first launched, Sony felt that backwards compatibility was an important feature as there were relatively few games for the new system, Maguire explained.
"So it was a big decision," he said of facility's removal, "and we know it is a very emotive subject as lots of people think that backwards compatibility is high on the agenda and yet few really use it."
For more of Maguire's reflections on the current state of PS3, check GamesIndustry.biz on Monday for the full interview.

I don't usually do it, but i agree with him as I dont' care at all about the BC. I have a 60GB BC one and i have only played God of WAR II a few times in it, if i want to play PS2 games, i have an old PS2 that does the job, but anyway i doubt i'll play Ps3 games ever again. Of course this is just me, i know it's huge for others.

Last edited by Icy : 10-05-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #570
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I'd argue that NHL '07 was such a bad game, they couldn't do anything but improve. They've likely pulled back even with the 2K series this year. Much of the discussion around NHL '08 has to do with the AI and whether you think it's much better or not. I think EA just masked some of the flaws of the game and it didn't really improve all that much overall. You're likely one who believes that the AI is substantially improved. I know Mizzourah believes that as well.

Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #571
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
If it's $299 next year when the Show comes out, I'll probably get one. I need my MLB fix and thus far nothing on the 360 is cutting it.

How good is the Show in comparsion to MLB 2k7? I'm suprised Microsoft hasn't comissioned one of its studio to create a 360-only MLB franchise.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #572
Ryan S
Quarterback

The 40gb PS3 is still more expensive than the Xbox 360 ever was in the UK. They need to bring the price down at least another $100 here.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #573
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S View Post
The 40gb PS3 is still more expensive than the Xbox 360 ever was in the UK. They need to bring the price down at least another $100 here.

The Elite 360 and the 40 GB PS3 are the exact same price in the UK. Both are 299 pounds. Each has its advantages (Elite has larger HDD, PS3 has Wifi and HD movie player built-in), but they're certainly at worst competitive at this point.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:40 PM   #574
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
The Elite 360 and the 40 GB PS3 are the exact same price in the UK. Both are 299 pounds. Each has its advantages (Elite has larger HDD, PS3 has Wifi and HD movie player built-in), but they're certainly at worst competitive at this point.

You are disputing his claim by comparing the high-end 360 to the low-end PS3?
Old 10-05-2007, 12:46 PM   #575
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
How good is the Show in comparsion to MLB 2k7? I'm suprised Microsoft hasn't comissioned one of its studio to create a 360-only MLB franchise.

I've loved the Show for the past few years - great game. I got MLB 2k7 and it was generally unfinished in my eyes. Fun factor just wasn't there, either.
how do you know?

Old 10-05-2007, 12:48 PM   #576
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
You are disputing his claim by comparing the high-end 360 to the low-end PS3?

Absolutely. His statement was that it's never been cheaper. That seems to be splitting hairs at best since they're the exact same price. If you wanted to even the playing field to make an accurate comparison by adding a HD-DVD player and Wifi to the 360 and a 120 GB HDD to the PS3, you're going to end up spending a more on that 360 setup than you will on the PS3. That's a fact.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #577
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Absolutely. His statement was that it's never been cheaper. That seems to be splitting hairs at best since they're the exact same price. If you wanted to even the playing field to make an accurate comparison by adding a HD-DVD player and Wifi to the 360 and a 120 GB HDD to the PS3, you're going to end up spending a more on that 360 setup than you will on the PS3. That's a fact.

Don't forget about the backwards compatability.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:57 PM   #578
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Don't forget about the backwards compatability.

Agreed, you could include that, though I'm not sure that you could easily put a value on it. Also, the MS backwards compatibility is pretty weak by its own right. I believe the percentage of Xbox games that can be played on the 360 is lower than even the software-emulated percentage of 70% that the 80 GB PS3 offers.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-05-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #579
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Agreed, you could include that, though I'm not sure that you could easily put a value on it. Also, the MS backwards compatibility is pretty weak by its own right. I believe the percentage of Xbox games that can be played on the 360 is lower than even the software-emulated percentage of 70% that the 80 GB PS3 offers.

Then take out the HD-DVD side on the 360. I know for myself, any backwards compatability is desirable over the next gen DVD players. I'd get some use out of BC, and absolutely none out of BR or HD.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #580
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Interesting, I thought the software emulation on the PS3 was 100%.
how do you know?

Old 10-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #581
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
MS used to have an internal sports games studio, but they closed us down after they got EA to commit to being on Xbox Live.

Frankly, it's tough to be profitable in that genre if you are limited to one platform SKU. That's not to say it can't be done, and the odds would be much better for MS in this generation given their much larger share of the market than they had the previous generation, but the odds are still against MS commissioning a 360-only MLB title.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #582
CraigSca
Pro Starter

dola

I also think this is much more important for the PS3 considering the number of games and consoles sold for it's last generation.
how do you know?

Old 10-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #583
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Interesting, I thought the software emulation on the PS3 was 100%.

It's pretty much 100% on the 60 GB model, but the software emulated isn't quite as good. I'd agree with your second thought that the BC is more important on the PS3 than the 360 just because the PS2 lineup was so much stronger than the Xbox lineup. There's a lot of really good PS2 games that you could pick up used for really cheap. I have only played one PS2 game on my PS3 (MLB Power Pros will likely be #2), so I'm not quite as much in need of the BC as others. I've rented quite a few BR movies and got much more use out of that personally. The 60 GB PS3 is going to likely be reduced in price until it sells out. Now is a great time to pick up one of those models if people truly want BC.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #584
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
dola

I also think this is much more important for the PS3 considering the number of games and consoles sold for it's last generation.

Yeah, you'd think they would play to this huge strength.

For myself, I only have a Wii right now. And I'm playing my friend's PS2 quite a bit with games like Guitar Hero and Karaoke Revolution. I haven't completely decided on what other next-gen system to get (if I even do get one), and the fact that Rock Band will be on he PS2 doesn't push me towards another next-gen system yet.

However, since I don't have a PS2 of my own... I'd definitely want BC in the PS3 if i were to get that. I'd say the 360 is ahead for me right now anyway, but no BC in a more affordable model surely doesn't help out the PS3 in my decision.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #585
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Yeah, it's a great time, but it's too expensive.
how do you know?

Old 10-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #586
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've loved the Show for the past few years - great game. I got MLB 2k7 and it was generally unfinished in my eyes. Fun factor just wasn't there, either.

Even after the patch? I love MLB 2k7.

I also think next year's will be much better. I just find the The Show boring, but lately I've been in the minority on my gaming choices.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 10-05-2007 at 01:14 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:14 PM   #587
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Then take out the HD-DVD side on the 360. I know for myself, any backwards compatability is desirable over the next gen DVD players. I'd get some use out of BC, and absolutely none out of BR or HD.

Certainly, we could go on and on because the features and value don't exactly match between the two consoles. My point in bringing up that the prices are equal was only to show that it's a much more competitive situation that it was 24 hours ago. The PS3 is in a much better competitive position. They're next step is to get a good showing from their fall exclusives coming up this month and in November to improve their library as they head towards the MGS release.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #588
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Yeah, it's a great time, but it's too expensive.

It'll be interesting to see what this does for the PS3 sales. For some people, $399 was the tipping point. For others, it's $299. I think we'll see a much bigger sales jump across the pond. The price reduction overseas is much greater that what the U.S. will see. They're getting a cut of around 33% off the previous price. That's a very large price cut.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #589
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:

The show is so far the PS3 game of the year imho. Incredible playabillity, 60fps unlike EA sports games etc.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:20 PM   #590
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

NHL 07 was a GREAT game, probably one of my favorites of all time as far as hockey goes.

After playing MANY more games with NHL 08, I'm actually having fun.. I'm also having fun with 2k8 - although both have flaws.

I think you're just upset at the crappy attention most developers give the ps3 - I have a co-worker that has a ps3 and he's so ticked, he bought a Wii and hasn't touched his ps3 in quite some time - BUT he's the same as you, downplays every game the 360 has and the ps3 doesn't..
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #591
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
It'll be interesting to see what this does for the PS3 sales. For some people, $399 was the tipping point. For others, it's $299. I think we'll see a much bigger sales jump across the pond. The price reduction overseas is much greater that what the U.S. will see. They're getting a cut of around 33% off the previous price. That's a very large price cut.

I think that in Spain, the price drop + Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 that is released this month, are going to be a huge sales booster.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:22 PM   #592
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I think you're just upset at the crappy attention most developers give the ps3 - I have a co-worker that has a ps3 and he's so ticked, he bought a Wii and hasn't touched his ps3 in quite some time - BUT he's the same as you, downplays every game the 360 has and the ps3 doesn't..

Once again, totally inaccurate, but I'm not going to bother with the finger-pointing. If your co-worker hasn't touched his PS3 in some time, that's his issue. He shouldn't be downplaying the 360 for that reason because there's plenty of good games on the 360. Bioshock alone is a good enough reason to own the 360.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #593
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I think that in Spain, the price drop + Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 that is released this month, are going to be a huge sales booster.

In case you didn't notice earlier in the thread, they're also planning a PS3 bundled with PES 2008. No mention yet of which PS3 that will include. That should be another help to sales.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #594
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Way to kill any interest I had in the 40 gig model.

Ditto. Incredibly stupid move by Sony.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #595
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

The truth is splitting hairs?

To me, the argument is worthless when you start forcing options on one console to make it match the other console. Just because the PS3 forces a BR player on the consumer doesn't mean you have to add the Xbox HD player to make a valid comparison.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:41 PM   #596
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Interesting - according to VGChartz, worldwide 360 weekly sales surpassed Wii weekly sales the last week of September, the first time that's happened since the middle of December, '06.

Halo effect?
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #597
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
The truth is splitting hairs?

To me, the argument is worthless when you start forcing options on one console to make it match the other console. Just because the PS3 forces a BR player on the consumer doesn't mean you have to add the Xbox HD player to make a valid comparison.

That's a matter of opinion. You say it was forced. There's some people that are buying the PS3 solely because it's the best BR player available and it's at a great price. I agree that it's subjective, but not everyone agrees with the 'forced' assessment.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #598
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Interesting - according to VGChartz, worldwide 360 weekly sales surpassed Wii weekly sales the last week of September, the first time that's happened since the middle of December, '06.

Halo effect?

Didn't someone suggest that Halo wouldn't sell that many consoles since all the Halo fanboys were really MS fanboys who had already jumped on the 360 just because it was a MS product?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #599
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I was just looking at Mizzou B-Ball Fan's post count and am amazed to see it is less than 3000. I would have estimated close to 2500 posts from him in these monthly console threads alone.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #600
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post

Halo effect?

Definitely has to do with Halo. 360 sales in Japan tripled this week when Halo was released (1.6K to 5K). The apparent supply problems in Japan for the Wii also contributed to that win for MS. Wii sales are down nearly 60,000/week from what they were only a couple of months ago in Japan.