Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-26-2006, 02:08 PM   #551
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
It's looking more and more likely that Abreu will not be moved before Monday's trade deadline. Will be fun to pay for him next year.

Hopefully Lieber has a good night tonight so we can package him and Burrell to the RedSox.

The Phillies *WILL* do the wrong thing however, and move Dellucci. He's an everyday player in my opinion and is a better everyday option than Burrell. But of course that would make too much sense, so the Phillies don't want anything to do with that.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you. Dellucci should have been given more at bats.

It's been way wayyyyyy too long of a run with this shitty team for me, if it weren't for some of the younger guys I like, I'd have probably moved on by now.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #552
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

I dunno - Dellucci has pretty much sucked balls against left-handed pitching. From '03-'05, his line is .162/.261/.242 vs. lefties; granted, that's in just 99 AB, but it sure doesn't seem like he's much of an option against left-handers. I'd platoon him and pinch-hit with him against righties whenever possible and play to his strength.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:18 PM   #553
SackAttack
Head Coach

Jake Peavy's got a two-run double and a two-run homer for the Padres, and we're only in the third inning.

If he hits for the damn cycle, you might as well close the book on this season for the Dodgers.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:50 PM   #554
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Yeah, I pretty much agree with you. Dellucci should have been given more at bats.

It's been way wayyyyyy too long of a run with this shitty team for me, if it weren't for some of the younger guys I like, I'd have probably moved on by now.

I've been a fan since 86 (when I was 6 years old), so I'll stick with them till the end, but its getting fustrating. Hopefully they've learned with all the bad contracts they've signed in the past 3-4 years. They just gotta get out of the next 1-2 year stretch of having bad money on the books, and I think they'll be fine.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #555
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
I dunno - Dellucci has pretty much sucked balls against left-handed pitching. From '03-'05, his line is .162/.261/.242 vs. lefties; granted, that's in just 99 AB, but it sure doesn't seem like he's much of an option against left-handers. I'd platoon him and pinch-hit with him against righties whenever possible and play to his strength.

I agree he's shit vs lefties, but he's been a fairly good option vs Righties, and when you have a big payroll, you need guys like him that can do a few things pretty well, that don't cost a lot of money. Instead, you lock yourself in with corner(mill)stone OF making 12 million or so each. And don't have a pitching staff.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:19 PM   #556
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
I agree he's shit vs lefties, but he's been a fairly good option vs Righties, and when you have a big payroll, you need guys like him that can do a few things pretty well, that don't cost a lot of money. Instead, you lock yourself in with corner(mill)stone OF making 12 million or so each. And don't have a pitching staff.
I don't disagree - like I said, I'd play him full-time vs. righties and bring him in for pinch-hitting against righty relievers on days a left-hander starts.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:11 PM   #557
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Pity the poor Dodgers. Not.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:04 PM   #558
miami_fan
Coordinator

Broussard to the M's

Seems like a weird deal from the Tribe's point of view. I thought Broussard was one of those players they wanted to build around.

CLEVELAND -- The Seattle Mariners acquired first baseman Ben Broussard from the Cleveland Indians on Wednesday for minor-league outfielder Shin-Soo Choo.

It's the second deal the two clubs have made in a month and sends another Cleveland first baseman to the Mariners.

Seattle, in last place in the AL West but only 3½ games behind the division-leading Los Angeles Angels, got first baseman Eduardo Perez in a deal for minor-league infielder Asbrudal Cabrera on June 30.

The Mariners also designated DH Carl Everett for assignment on Wednesday.

Broussard hit .321 with 13 home runs and 46 RBI in 88 games with the Indians but was spotty defensively and committed seven errors.

Cleveland will send cash to the Mariners to cover a portion of Broussard's salary. The Indians will receive a player to be named by Aug. 31 to complete the deal.

Broussard and Perez started the season in a platoon at first base for Cleveland, which has underachieved following a 93-win season in 2005.

Indians general manager Mark Shapiro, who dealt closer Bob Wickman to Atlanta last week for a minor-league catcher, said six teams were interested in Broussard.

"He was having a great year. Benny is a guy who's always had streaks where he showed potential," Shapiro said. "I still think Benny's potential is even greater."

Choo has spent most of this season at Triple-A Tacoma, where he hit .323 with 13 home runs and 48 RBI. He played in four games for Seattle between July 3-13, going 1-for-11.

The lefty hitter will join the Indians immediately and start in right field against right-handed pitching. He will also spend some time in left field, Shapiro said.

"This player is a good complement to this club and the club we hope to build in the future," Shapiro said. "This is a guy who has hit every single place he's been."

Choo stole 26 bases in 30 attempts at Tacoma and was picked for the Pacific Coast League's All-Star team. He was a member of Korea's provisional roster for the World Baseball Classic in March.

"Over time, he certainly has the athleticism, speed and the arm to be an above average corner outfielder," Shapiro said.

Casey Blake, who has been playing right field for the Indians this season, and catcher Victor Martinez will split time at first.

The Mariners now have three first basemen on their roster in Richie Sexson, Broussard and Perez, who is hitting .294 with a home run and five RBI in 17 at-bats since joining Seattle.

Seattle will travel to Cleveland to open a three-game series with the Indians on Friday night.

"We hope [Broussard] goes on after the next three games to do good things," Shapiro joked.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:17 PM   #559
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

It's a weirder deal from the M's perspective, unless more moves are coming. Acquiring Broussard gives Seattle three 1B on the roster in Sexson, Broussard and Perez, and since Hargrove favors a 12-man pitching staff, that leaves little bench flexibility.

Seems like maybe this deal is an indication that a Sexson to SF deal may be close, otherwise I'm perplexed as to the reasoning behind the move. If Sexson stays, then Broussard is presumably the primary DH vs. lefties, a role that could've gone to Chris Snelling or Shin-Soo Choo (the guy the M's traded to Cleveland for Broussard). There likely isn't a huge difference between Snelling or Choo vs. Broussard, and keeping Choo would've been nice as a LF possibility allowing Ibanez to move to DH.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:56 PM   #560
kingfc22
Head Coach

#$@# YOU Armando Benitez!!!

13/19 in Save opportunities. You SUCK!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:59 AM   #561
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22

13/19 in Save opportunities. You SUCK!!!!!!!

Should have consulted us Mets fans before getting this joker.

On another note, anyone catch the Rangers/Yankees game. Not gonna lie, it was pretty pathetic watching the home crowd in Texas all go to their feet and what sounded like the greater majority (if that makes sense) of the crowd cheering when Giambi hit that 2 run bomb in the 9th to give the Yanks the lead.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:00 PM   #562
miami_fan
Coordinator

Am I the only one who did not realize that the Baseball HOF weekend was this weekend? Seems like there is very little interest this year.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 07-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #563
Bad-example
College Starter

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2531970

VERO BEACH, Fla. -- A minor-league pitcher in the Los Angeles Dodgers' system was arrested after being accused of breaking into several suites at Dodgertown and stealing credit cards and cash from his teammates.

Christopher Hobdy, a 19-year-old pitcher for the Gulf Coast Dodgers in the rookie Gulf Coast League, was arrested Wednesday night and charged with seven counts of burglary and six counts of petit theft. He was also charged with trespassing and barred from returning to Dodgertown, the Vero Beach Press Journal reported for Friday's editions.

Besides living quarters for the players, Dodgertown also includes practice facilities and the stadium where the team plays.

Hobdy, from Lubbock, Texas, is being held on $146,000 bond at the Indian River County Jail.

Several players reported cash and credit cards missing from their Dodgertown rooms last month, according to the arrest report.

Vero Beach Police began to investigate the incidents, and more players reported thefts in the following weeks.

Police caught Hobdy by setting up a hidden camera in one of the rooms. When confronted with the video, Hobdy admitted to stealing the cash and credit cards from other rooms, the arrest report said.

"The club is aware of the situation," Dodgers spokesman Josh Rawitch said. He declined to comment further on the case.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:19 PM   #564
miami_fan
Coordinator

Carlos Lee goes to the Rangers

Associated Press

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Texas Rangers acquired All-Star outfielder Carlos Lee from the Milwaukee Brewers on Friday for reliever Francisco Cordero and outfielders Kevin Mench and Laynce Nix.

Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said the deal also includes the exchange of minor leaguers, outfielder Nelson Cruz to Texas and left-hander Julian Cordero -- no relation to Francisco -- to Milwaukee.

Lee, who can become a free agent after this season, is hitting .286 with 28 home runs and 81 RBI. It is his fifth straight season with at least 25 homers, and he is a .284 career hitter over eight seasons with the Chicago White Sox (1999-2004) and Milwaukee (2005-06).

The Rangers (51-51) would still like to add another starting pitcher, but couldn't pass up the chance to add Lee as they strive for their first playoff appearance since 1999. Texas went into Friday's game against Kansas City in third place in the AL West, but only two games behind division-leading Oakland.

It was the first major deal completed in the days leading up to Monday's non-waiver trading deadline.

Cordero was the Rangers' closer until he set a major league record with five blown saves in April, and was replaced in that role by Akinori Otsuka. In his last appearance for Texas, the right-hander allowed four runs in the eighth inning against the New York Yankees on Wednesday night. The right-hander was 7-4 with six saves and a 4.81 ERA in 49 appearances.

Mench is hitting .284 with 12 home runs and 50 RBI, and was 16-for-36 (.444) in his last 10 games for the Rangers. Earlier this season, Mench set a club record with home runs in seven straight games, one short of the major league record but the most by a right-handed hitter.

Nix has been in the minor leagues since batting .094 (3-for-32) in nine games in April.

Milwaukee general manager Doug Melvin didn't immediately respond to a message left on his cell phone by The Associated Press, but the Brewers scheduled an afternoon news conference.

Melvin said in recent weeks that the team was leaning toward keeping Lee and trying to sign him as a free agent -- something they theoretically could still do in the offseason -- but would listen if the right offer came along.

The Brewers got it from Texas.

Mench and Nix were both drafted by the Rangers when Melvin was their GM from October 1994 through the 2001 season, a stretch when Texas made its only three playoff appearances.

Melvin also acquired Cordero for Texas in a nine-player deal that sent two-time AL MVP Juan Gonzalez to Detroit after the 1999 season.

Trading Lee also made sense for the budget-conscious Brewers because they have several highly regarded young outfield prospects -- although Cruz was considered the most promising.

The Brewers lost the last two games of a three-game home series against Pittsburgh earlier this week and entered play Friday six games out of the National League wild card. They were tied with Houston in the wild card standings with five teams ahead of them.

Cruz was the Brewers' minor league player of the year last season. He has spent this season at Triple-A Nashville, where he hit .302 with 22 doubles, 20 home runs, 73 RBI and 17 stolen bases in 104 games.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:47 PM   #565
JS19
College Prospect

Don't really see what sense this trade makes. It obviously can't hurt the Rangers, adding a bat like Lees, but everyone knows the Rangers need pitching, and lots of it.

Haven't really been following the AL like I used to, but I had no clue Cordero fell off the map like that.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:51 PM   #566
miami_fan
Coordinator

Sounds like Wilson Betimit has been traded from the Braves to the Dodgers for Danys Baez and Willy Aybar.

Last edited by miami_fan : 07-28-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:59 PM   #567
Schmidty
Coordinator

Tigers win an amazing game tonight in the 10th versus the Twins.

Liriano and the Twinkies are extremely good, but the Tigers are "destined", in my opinion.

Last edited by Schmidty : 07-28-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:05 PM   #568
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
Sounds like Wilson Betimit has been traded from the Braves to the Dodgers for Danys Baez and Willy Aybar.

Braves fans have to be disappointed somewhat as the rumor was that Betimit may have been going to San Diego for Linebrink. I'd rather have Linebrink than Baez, but I guess it still does strengthen the bullpen that really, really needed it.

Btw, Pedro, after a VERY shaky 1st inning, makes it look easy, leading the Mets to a 6-4 win (the 4 runs were in the 1st).
Old 07-28-2006, 10:30 PM   #569
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
Braves fans have to be disappointed somewhat as the rumor was that Betimit may have been going to San Diego for Linebrink. I'd rather have Linebrink than Baez, but I guess it still does strengthen the bullpen that really, really needed it.

Btw, Pedro, after a VERY shaky 1st inning, makes it look easy, leading the Mets to a 6-4 win (the 4 runs were in the 1st).

The ironic thing is the trade comes AFTER Chipper Jones re-injured himself. So they lose Betimit is what may be last shot to make a run at the Mets.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:35 PM   #570
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

They are 13 games back (12 before tonight). Only the most delusional thought they were going to make a run at the Mets .
Old 07-28-2006, 10:40 PM   #571
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
They are 13 games back (12 before tonight). Only the most delusional thought they were going to make a run at the Mets .

Delusional Marlins fan here I guess!
Old 07-28-2006, 10:47 PM   #572
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Yeah it the Braves made a run at anyone it would be the Reds and the NL Wild Card
Old 07-28-2006, 11:03 PM   #573
Philliesfan980
Banned

Phillies dump David Bell on the Brewers for a modest pitching prospect.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:13 PM   #574
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
Phillies dump David Bell on the Brewers for a modest pitching prospect.

At least his reign of terror is finally over.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:36 PM   #575
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
Yeah it the Braves made a run at anyone it would be the Reds and the NL Wild Card

And now they are 6.5 back there! Bad time for Chipper to go down.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:06 PM   #576
Philliesfan980
Banned

Braves look terrible, I don't see ANYWAY they win the WC with this pitching they have. What the hell has happened to Hudson?
Old 07-29-2006, 04:09 PM   #577
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Make that 14 back of the Mets now. El Duke with a strong pitching performance. Hudson... well, lets just say I wish I didn't pick him in my fantasy league now... what a waste this year. Perhaps that is also the reason the Mets haven't dealt for Zito yet... Hudson and Mulder BOTH suck horribly this year. Did Beane know something about them that no one else did (aside from the fact they would cost an arm and a leg, but everyone knew that!)?

And Beltran, justifying the big contract again today with a 2 HR game, 5 RBI.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 07-29-2006 at 04:10 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:13 PM   #578
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Make that 14 back of the Mets now. El Duke with a strong pitching performance. Hudson... well, lets just say I wish I didn't pick him in my fantasy league now... what a waste this year. Perhaps that is also the reason the Mets haven't dealt for Zito yet... Hudson and Mulder BOTH suck horribly this year. Did Beane know something about them that no one else did (aside from the fact they would cost an arm and a leg, but everyone knew that!)?

And Beltran, justifying the big contract again today with a 2 HR game, 5 RBI.

I'm also wondering what the deal with Hudson and Mulder is. Like you said, did Beane know something, or were they a product of their former pitching coach, now the Mets', Peterson?
Old 07-29-2006, 04:16 PM   #579
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Even though Peterson is a great pitching coach, I don't think a highly successful pitcher would regress that badly after said coach is taken away. Not like Hudson and Mulder were just barely above average in Oakland.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:31 PM   #580
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Papi Done Dood It Again!

They pitched to him 1st and 2nd, 2 outs (thought they'd walk him to set up the force at any base).. and he knocked in the winning run
Old 07-29-2006, 05:02 PM   #581
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Papi Done Dood It Again!

They pitched to him 1st and 2nd, 2 outs (thought they'd walk him to set up the force at any base).. and he knocked in the winning run

We didn't much have a choice. We got Manny in the 9th with that DP after walking Papi, but we couldn't count on being so lucky this time.

We had you guys on the ropes, and should have won this one. Unfortunately, Shields and K-Rod turned a little human today and blew it.

Oh well, it's been a great series so far.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:20 PM   #582
Terps
College Prospect

The Angels and Astros have made their final offers to the O's about Miguel Tejada. Not sure what Houston is offering, but LA offered Ervin Santana and Erick Aybar a day or 2 ago, but the O's want Brandon Wood.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:36 PM   #583
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Even though Peterson is a great pitching coach, I don't think a highly successful pitcher would regress that badly after said coach is taken away. Not like Hudson and Mulder were just barely above average in Oakland.

I agree 100%. I'm actually not really a huge believer in the idea that coaches can make that much of a difference, at the MLB level anyway. It's just odd to see what once were potential Cy Young candidates become what seem to be average SPs this yr.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:27 PM   #584
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps
The Angels and Astros have made their final offers to the O's about Miguel Tejada. Not sure what Houston is offering, but LA offered Ervin Santana and Erick Aybar a day or 2 ago, but the O's want Brandon Wood.

If they want Wood, they can kiss off any shot at Santana. That deal won't happen with both.

And Aybar is a pretty darn good prospect, IMO. O's should take a look at that one.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:10 PM   #585
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Tigers take another one over Minnesota. Minnesota switched up their roation so Liriano and Santana can pitch this series, and so far it hasn't worked. Santana throws tomorrow vs Bonderman. Should be another great one.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:42 PM   #586
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Nice showing from the boys in Detroit with 4x 10 game winners

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-29-2006 at 09:42 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:56 PM   #587
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22

This fatass better not be on this team this time next week.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:00 PM   #588
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Where's the Tigers post-game report?
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:06 PM   #589
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Where's the Tigers post-game report?

Haha no need for one every game.

8.5 is lot of ground to make up.

It was a good game tho. One bad half inning killed them but oh well.

The Twins went out of their way to set up to win this series and they didn't so I'm happy with that.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:10 PM   #590
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
Haha no need for one every game.

8.5 is lot of ground to make up.

It was a good game tho. One bad half inning killed them but oh well.

The Twins went out of their way to set up to win this series and they didn't so I'm happy with that.

I don't doubt that they won't be catching the Tigers.

I don't know if not starting your #5 guy after a day off really qualifies as going out of your way. It's no secret that the Twins are having problems with the back part of their rotation.

Last edited by sovereignstar : 07-30-2006 at 10:11 PM.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:12 PM   #591
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
I don't doubt that they won't be catching the Tigers.

I don't know if not starting their #5 guy after a day off really qualifies as going out of your way. It's no secret that the Twins are having problems with the back part of their rotation.

That's true.

Hell all three games were excellent to watch. I think the Twins are still playoff bound and I'm no way under the assumption we're going to win the Central, but I have to at least hope.

Should be interesting in the respective cities with the deadline approaching.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:31 PM   #592
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19
I agree 100%. I'm actually not really a huge believer in the idea that coaches can make that much of a difference, at the MLB level anyway. It's just odd to see what once were potential Cy Young candidates become what seem to be average SPs this yr.

'average' may be a bit generous, my friend .

Anyway, a sweep of the Braves makes me happy tonight .
Old 07-31-2006, 10:15 AM   #593
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Hmm the Reds in an effort to make the playoffs have picked up both Rheal Cormier from the Phillies for Justin Germano and rumored to see Kyle Lohse for a minor league pitcher named Ward.

The Tigers picked up Sean Casey which is nice. Hopefully they can get him a World Series ring.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:36 AM   #594
JS19
College Prospect

Must be nice, Tigers demote a guy hitting .277 (or somewhere around there), 16 HR, with 45 RBI.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:03 PM   #595
Captain2711
High School JV

The fact that the Yankees were able to trade Chacon to the Pirates for Wilson just boggles my mind. Do these teams just try and hand the Yankees the championship?
Old 07-31-2006, 03:05 PM   #596
RedKingGold
College Starter

Maddux dealt to Dodgers for Caesar Izturis.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:10 PM   #597
Captain2711
High School JV

Kip Wells to the Rangers. Do the Pirates have any guys left?
Old 07-31-2006, 03:12 PM   #598
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19
Must be nice, Tigers demote a guy hitting .277 (or somewhere around there), 16 HR, with 45 RBI.

Yeah, I don't understand this. So Shelton hasn't been tearing it up the past few months, but replacing him with Casey? A guy who has no power, has no mobility, and is injured most of the time?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:18 PM   #599
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold
Maddux dealt to Dodgers for Caesar Izturis.

Wow... that's an, well, interesting deal.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:19 PM   #600
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain2711
The fact that the Yankees were able to trade Chacon to the Pirates for Wilson just boggles my mind. Do these teams just try and hand the Yankees the championship?

Yeah, but Wilson strikes out a lot, is a poor fielder, tells too many jokes, and drinks Pepsi, never mind his offensive numbers. Or at least those are the reasons he was sentenced to the bench while we were subjected to months of Jeromy Burnitz and Sean Casey.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote