Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-09-2011, 07:40 PM   #501
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I don't know if Tebow will beat the bears, I am pretty sure however that Hanie is fucked Vs. the Broncos D.

Also no Forte. lol

Last edited by k0ruptr : 12-09-2011 at 07:41 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #502
dave731
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
I don't know if Tebow will beat the bears, I am pretty sure however that Hanie is fucked Vs. the Broncos D.

Also no Forte. lol
I believe Tebow could win this game without completing a pass for these 2 reasons....
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #503
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave731 View Post
I believe Tebow could win this game without completing a pass for these 2 reasons....

I presume you meant these two reasons?

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:49 PM   #504
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

My respect for his self denial is now increased by a factor of 2.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #505
Senator

Dola, how many tweets and posts are already pre written to say, "where is your God now?" when they inevitably lose a game?
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 12-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #506
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Dola, how many tweets and posts are already pre written to say, "where is your God now?" when they inevitably lose a game?

About 11.5 billion. I'm telling you, all of the Tebow haters (and I don't define hater as someone who thinks he won't succeed, I define hater as someone who seems to WANT him to fail because they think he won't succeed, big difference) have had a month of pent up rage built up. They want him to go 1-14 with 5 pics and get yanked so bad they can taste it.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #507
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Some of the people that post that won't be Tebow haters, just people that think its funny to post that.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #508
Danny
Head Coach

I just wish he played for a different team. I really want someone like Tebow to be successful, but I am Raiders fan.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #509
RainMaker
General Manager

As much as I like him, I think this is the week Tebow has some major trouble. Bears defense is built for players like him.

On the other hand, the Bears won't score a point so all he has to do is get into field goal range once.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:27 PM   #510
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Them silly Bears. Building their defense for a player we have seen one of a kind of.

Not to be over critical of that comment but I really cant think of another player past/present similar to Tebow. Culpepper(post Moss) had crossed my mind because he was bigger and a decent scrambler. But he fumbled all the time and went braindead in clutch situations plus he was right handed so that threw him right out in the window.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-10-2011 at 01:43 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #511
Senator

I have heard many comparisons to Bobby Douglass. Even left handed.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #512
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I had seen him mentioned before(probably by you). I had never seen any video of him previously but from this little clip and some of the commentary this is a great comparison. Im not sure if it just because he is left handed but the throws look very similar as well.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #513
Senator

The thing is; Douglass career - meh.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #514
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

I know very little about Douglas, but some things jump out at me right away:

Turnovers - Douglas has a metric ton, Tebow has very little. Tebow would have ot have an INT ratio of 21 to 60 to equal him.

Fourth quarter comebacks and game winning drives - Obviously didn't wear down defenses or do anything in the clutch. Douglas had 3 fourth quarter comebacks in his career along with 4 game winning drives. I know the Bears sucked back then, but looking through the scores, there were a lot of close losses.

Lots of starts - Despite the reservations about him, he got a crapload of starts to prove himself. 53 starts in total. I don't expect Tebow will get anywhere near that many if his passing doesn't show marked improvement.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #515
Senator

Nice points. I think we/me/us/theworld is clutching for comparison when, truthfully, none really apply. This situation is singular. Which, is sort of cool to think can still happen.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #516
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Nice points. I think we/me/us/theworld is clutching for comparison when, truthfully, none really apply. This situation is singular. Which, is sort of cool to think can still happen.

When I find myself searching for comparisons, I find myself having to go through multiple players to do it.

The one I keep coming back to is the one I think Tebow needs to be if he wants to have a career in the NFL. The funny thing is how opposite the two are off the field.

Ben Roethlisberger. Don't get me wrong, Tebow has nowhere near the accuracy and Ben has nowhere near the running ability. I think we all know Tebow isn't going to be able to run at this clip through his career. What he has to do is create time with his feet. Ben isn't in the same league as Brady, Brees or Rogers in reading the D and throwing quick passes. He uses his legs to create a ton of time which allows his receivers to get open. It's not as much timing as the play breaking down. Ben doesn't have to throw it 30 times a game either. If Tebow is going to last in the league, I think he needs to imitate a lot of what Ben does in the passing game.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #517
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Old 12-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #518
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #520
SunDevil
College Prospect

Introducing The Tim Tebow Beer: “Tebrew” | The Big Lead

Quote:
A brewing company in Vail, Colorado has of course come up with a beer to honor Broncos quarterback and renowned professor of life, Tim Tebow. The beer will aptly be known as “Tebrew Sunday Supper.” The label itself is pretty great, particularly the attention to detail in the laces and the spikes on the left cleat, but don’t get yourself too giddy just yet because the beer has yet to be officially released.

As Bonfire Brewing has stated, “in the style of 4th quarter heroics, we’re waiting until the last minute to serve it up.” Touche, Bonfire, touche. I’m guessing they are already being flooded with phone calls by frantic Tebow fans attempting to schedule a tasting.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #521
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

I wonder if the Tebrew sucks for the first 3 quarters of the bottle and then is awesome at the end.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #522
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post
I wonder if the Tebrew sucks for the first 3 quarters of the bottle and then is awesome at the end.

Sounds like beer to me. The more you drink, the better it taste.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #523
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Tebow vs. the SI curse.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #524
gkb
High School Varsity

I'm not sure if SI is subtly making fun of Tebow's throwing motion here...I mean, that's an awkward looking pass.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:40 AM   #525
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb View Post
I'm not sure if SI is subtly making fun of Tebow's throwing motion here...I mean, that's an awkward looking pass.

Pretty sure that's the TD throw to Thomas in the Bears game. He was rolling to his right and throwing against his body. I think that'd look fairly awkward for anyone. Tebow does have a strange throwing motion and his footwork needs some serious help, but this is one where he probably did it about as well as he could considering the circumstances.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #526
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
A brewing company in Vail, Colorado has of course come up with a beer to honor Broncos quarterback and renowned professor of life, Tim Tebow. The beer will aptly be known as “Tebrew Sunday Supper.” The label itself is pretty great, particularly the attention to detail in the laces and the spikes on the left cleat, but don’t get yourself too giddy just yet because the beer has yet to be officially released.

As Bonfire Brewing has stated, “in the style of 4th quarter heroics, we’re waiting until the last minute to serve it up.” Touche, Bonfire, touche. I’m guessing they are already being flooded with phone calls by frantic Tebow fans attempting to schedule a tasting.

Too bad the article couldn't match that attention to detail by calling it The Sunday Sipper instead of The Sunday Supper. I was expecting it to be a full-bodied Guinness-style beer.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #527
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
I’m guessing they are already being flooded with phone calls by frantic Tebow fans attempting to schedule a tasting.

Senator?
Old 12-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #528
SunDevil
College Prospect

Revelations From Tim Tebow's Mic'd Up Sunday

Video at the link.

Revelations From Tim Tebow’s Mic’d Up Sunday

Revelations From Tim Tebow's Mic'd Up Sunday If it's true that nobody actually KNOWS Tim Tebow, it's also true that we see in him whatever we want to see. That holds for his public appearances, his interviews, and his play from a bird's eye television angle. But thanks to NFL Films's Sound FX, we can get a little closer to Tim Tebow, actual NFL quarterback. Tebow wore a mic during Sunday's comeback win over the Bears, and it's an audio ink blot for your own personal Rorschach test. Everyone will take something different, for Tim Tebow contains multitudes.

The religious Tebow? He's on display. His day begins with a solitary prayer to "put a wall of protection around [him] and [his] teammates," and a promise to honor God with everything he does on the field. This isn't out of the ordinary for pro athletes, but how many of them sing a tone-deaf version of "Awesome God" to themselves as they toss the ball around during warm-ups?

But where does piety end and sport begin? During Matt Prater's tying and winning field goals, Tebow kneels on the sidelines, head down. It is either prayer, or it is the overwhelming stress of competition, or it is both. Multiple times throughout the game, Tebow exhorts his teammates with one word: "Believe." It is either faith, or it is a motivational technique, or it is both. Absent a definitive answer, you choose your own.

The microphone catches an assured leader and a great teammate. Whether it's shooting the shit with veteran Lance Briggs about fishing in Florida (the same Briggs who said he'd be "frickin' pissed" if he lost to Tebow), or joking with Demaryius Thomas that his dropped touchdown just means he now has the chance to catch the game-winner, this is a guy who sounds like he's been playing football for a decade, not 11 starts.

You can take from this video what you will, but I see a quarterback who can't do this for long. Not because he's not good enough or confident enough or lucky enough, but because Tim Tebow simply can't survive it. Because he scrambles and doesn't slide, the hits put on him by a salivating defense are wince-inducing. The microphone picks up the crunch and thud of hit after hit, and the grunt as Tebow goes down...and the silence as he has to collect himself and regain his breath to do it all over again. The laws of physics and averages dictate that this man will break ribs before he breaks records, or separate a shoulder before his team separates itself from the rest of the AFC West.

So it's telling that Tebow doesn't pray for victory, only for his health. If you were a scrambling quarterback who relied more on brute force than speed or agility, you might reconsider your foxhole atheism too.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #529
SunDevil
College Prospect

dola,

the video at the above link is good.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #530
SunDevil
College Prospect

High school athletes suspended for Tebowing - ESPN New York

Quote:
No running in the halls -- and no Tebowing either.

That's what one Long Island administration said Wednesday when it suspended a group of high school athletes for replicating Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow's popular pose in the hallway at school.

Tebow

Jordan Fulcoly, Wayne Drexel and brothers Tyler and Connor Carroll of Riverhead High School were all handed a one-day suspension Wednesday, after three days of taking a knee with their foreheads resting on their fists, the same way Tebow does in the end zone and on the sidelines. The news was first reported by Yahoo! Prep Rally earlier Thursday.

Riverhead superintendent Nancy Carney said that two of the students suspensions were later rescinded, citing that administrators found that those students were not given the same warnings that the other two were.

Tebow has made headlines for the move, a display of his devotion to his Christian faith. The students were not suspended for bringing religion into the school, but instead for clogging the hallway.

Carney said that she supported the administration's efforts to maintain a safe environment and was surprised that the incident has received this much attention. Since the news broke, Carney said she has been receiving hate mail from people charging that the suspension is due to religious prejudice.

"It's very unsettling," she told ESPNNewYork.com on Thursday. "It's a shame that people out there are so ready to judge when they weren't there to see what happened."

Reports said that the students had been Tebowing all week, starting Monday. It was meant to be a joke, only paying homage to one of pro football's newest stars. But other students started joining in and administrators claimed it had become a disturbance. District officials reportedly told the students that the celebration was making it unsafe for students walking the hall in between classes.

The incident saw about 40 students engaging in the popular Tebowing. Only the four students, all athletes, were suspended. Caroll told Prep Rally that the administration told them "that our Tebowing was blowing the halls and could potentially cause a riot, because they were growing in number and if the wrong kid gets pushed a brawl could ensue."

Carney said students have three minutes to reach their next class.

"It's just high school kids being kids and administrators doing what they do on a daily basis -- keeping kids safe," Carney said, "and with today's world and cell phones and people taking pictures and video, it can be taken out of context."

Tyler and Connor Carroll are on the football team along with Drexel.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #531
Autumn
Head Coach

But ... I thought Tebow was a force for good?!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #532
Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Senator?

touche!

Old 12-16-2011, 07:53 PM   #533
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

That Deadspin article was very interesting indeed. Glad to read that Tebow prays for health and not for God to make his team win.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #534
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
Revelations From Tim Tebow's Mic'd Up Sunday

Video at the link.

Revelations From Tim Tebow’s Mic’d Up Sunday

Revelations From Tim Tebow's Mic'd Up Sunday If it's true that nobody actually KNOWS Tim Tebow, it's also true that we see in him whatever we want to see. That holds for his public appearances, his interviews, and his play from a bird's eye television angle. But thanks to NFL Films's Sound FX, we can get a little closer to Tim Tebow, actual NFL quarterback. Tebow wore a mic during Sunday's comeback win over the Bears, and it's an audio ink blot for your own personal Rorschach test. Everyone will take something different, for Tim Tebow contains multitudes.

The religious Tebow? He's on display. His day begins with a solitary prayer to "put a wall of protection around [him] and [his] teammates," and a promise to honor God with everything he does on the field. This isn't out of the ordinary for pro athletes, but how many of them sing a tone-deaf version of "Awesome God" to themselves as they toss the ball around during warm-ups?

But where does piety end and sport begin? During Matt Prater's tying and winning field goals, Tebow kneels on the sidelines, head down. It is either prayer, or it is the overwhelming stress of competition, or it is both. Multiple times throughout the game, Tebow exhorts his teammates with one word: "Believe." It is either faith, or it is a motivational technique, or it is both. Absent a definitive answer, you choose your own.

The microphone catches an assured leader and a great teammate. Whether it's shooting the shit with veteran Lance Briggs about fishing in Florida (the same Briggs who said he'd be "frickin' pissed" if he lost to Tebow), or joking with Demaryius Thomas that his dropped touchdown just means he now has the chance to catch the game-winner, this is a guy who sounds like he's been playing football for a decade, not 11 starts.

You can take from this video what you will, but I see a quarterback who can't do this for long. Not because he's not good enough or confident enough or lucky enough, but because Tim Tebow simply can't survive it. Because he scrambles and doesn't slide, the hits put on him by a salivating defense are wince-inducing. The microphone picks up the crunch and thud of hit after hit, and the grunt as Tebow goes down...and the silence as he has to collect himself and regain his breath to do it all over again. The laws of physics and averages dictate that this man will break ribs before he breaks records, or separate a shoulder before his team separates itself from the rest of the AFC West.

So it's telling that Tebow doesn't pray for victory, only for his health. If you were a scrambling quarterback who relied more on brute force than speed or agility, you might reconsider your foxhole atheism too.

Didn't watch the video but I did watch SoundFX on the NFL Channel. I respect Tebow far more as a teammate and a leader after watching it. While things can be edited to make people look better than they are, I have to say that he is a great teammate and a person who I could see would inspire the people around him.

I'm fairly positive that JaMarcus Russell never did anything like that.

IMHO, he's a great role model, which is far more valuable to our youth than somebody who can throw for 400 yards a game.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #535
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Didn't watch the video but I did watch SoundFX on the NFL Channel.

Saw that on YouTube tonight myself, pretty impressed with it personally. As much as anything, I admire him for agreeing to be miked at all.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #536
TroyF
Coordinator

My random Tebow thoughts for the week:

1) I've heard many times this week people comparing Tebow to Vince Young. I think that is a fascinating comparison to be honest. Young had a completion percentage of 51% his first year. That rose to over 60% the following year. He also never really stopped winning. (For his career he still wins at a 62% clip) His two main problems were his turnovers and the fact he wasn't mentally tough. I don't think Tebow has those problems. If he, like Young, shows that type of improvement next year, he will be a star both in the media and on the field.

2) Players are starting to speak out about Tebow. Flacco and Finley were the two today to go out and complain their teams don't get the kind of attention Tebow gets. Look guys, it's always been about the haters. Not the "he can't play the QB position" haters, the haters who took pot shots at him. If people weren't writing 200 page essays talking about all the reasons he can't play and this can't continue, this would be nothing more than a nice story. Instead, the haters keep the story going. Finley was the real prize today saying that anyone who knows the game knows that Tebow will end up a failure. So I guess Bill Parcells doesn't know the game Jemarcus? Just shut the hell up, ok?

3) Despite my defending of him, I still don't know that he'll be a great QB in this league. But I am encouraged by how much he's improved in such a short time span. He's thrown a lot out of the pocket the last two weeks.Despite the numbers, he was better the first three quarters than people gave him credit for. As with every week, I'm anxious to see him again. Every week more film on him comes out and yet he seems to get a touch better every week.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #537
bhlloy
Coordinator

I think the real test comes in year 2 when co-ordinators have a whole offseason to prepare for him. Like you say, if he makes the Vince Young leap in accuracy with all the other facets of his game, he'll be a star.

But so far, I'm very surprised. He's done really well and proved me completely wrong. If I'm an NFL coach and I don't have an elite QB, I'm not trying to pass the ball 30-40 times a game, I'm paying very close attention to how Denver is doing right now and wondering how low I can draft or sign a QB who can give me some of the things that Tebow gives the Broncos.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:26 AM   #538
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
...But so far, I'm very surprised. He's done really well and proved me completely wrong. If I'm an NFL coach and I don't have an elite QB, I'm not trying to pass the ball 30-40 times a game, I'm paying very close attention to how Denver is doing right now and wondering how low I can draft or sign a QB who can give me some of the things that Tebow gives the Broncos.

And to me, this is the most exciting thing to happen to the NFL. There have been a slew of mobile QBs in the past that didn't get the opportunity that Tebow is getting. Could you imagine if they had made an offense specifically to Kordell Stewart.

And I believe this is why Vince Young ended up having a fallout in Tennessee. At UT, he was actually successful at convincing his coach what type of offense he was comfortable with. At the pro level, he didn't have as much luck and yeah, this caused a division between the coach and players since they had a specific offense they wanted to run and wanted him to be more of a pocket passer.

Other than that, if Tebow is successful, he is going to open up opportunities for QBs who were normally turned into receivers or running backs and would make for some interesting matchups in future NFL games. But since he is in my division, it really sucks watching him win in this fashion as the Chargers are still holding on to hope that Denver and Oakland collapse at the end of the year.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #539
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm sort of surprised they play so conservative with him. When they are forced to open it up in the 4th quarter, he has been sharp. Sort of feel like he'd be even better if they did throw a little more and maybe ran a no-huddle system.

One thing people forget too is he doesn't have a lot of help. That receiving core is bad and the line is too. The only thing he really has is a mediocre backfield at best. I know everyone feels he won't be a long term option, but what if you put the personnel to match his strengths? Maybe an improvement at RB and a couple solid run blockers. A possession receiver who he can count on to run simple slants and stuff. The one thing he has going for him is he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. That's something that kills a lot of young QBs. So if he can keep that decision making in order and just improve his accuracy a little, that's a big step.

Last edited by RainMaker : 12-17-2011 at 12:31 AM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:18 AM   #540
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'm sort of surprised they play so conservative with him. When they are forced to open it up in the 4th quarter, he has been sharp. Sort of feel like he'd be even better if they did throw a little more and maybe ran a no-huddle system.

But the devil's advocate says, how much of the 4th quarter performance is because it's a change from what the other team has been gaming to stop for the previous 45 minutes? If they spend all game playing like that, with, as you say, the atrocious line and WR corps, can they keep the game close enough to pull it out at the end?

If Tebow keeps the ball in his hands, you're going to see more run plays than pass plays, and that's going to take time off the clock, which in turn means that any deficit you're facing is going to be somewhat more manageable than if you're giving a higher-octane offense an extra, say, five possessions because of three-and-outs that stop the clock.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #541
TroyF
Coordinator

Trent Dilfer watched every snap of him on the coaches tape. Had a flood of Twitter messages yesterday. I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who has seen the massive improvement in his passing. Interesting read:

Tebow: Final thoughts this week after watching EVERY TT snap this year. A lot to unpack here, but I will try to keep brief

Tebow: TT has shown MASSIVE improvement the last two games (MIN & Chi). Seeing it better, footwork, stroke, rhythm & accuracy

Tebow: Obvious by watching tape that he will have more open receivers than most because the threat of his DESIGNED runs & option

Tebow: This unique O puts D in HUGE conflict! It breaks rules, creates 1 on 1 tackling situations, & spreads secondaries thin.

Tebow: Bronco's empty package(no backs),creates the most conflict for D, TT ability to be a power runner creates open rec in pass

Tebow: EVERY empty formation pass play they have run as atleast 1 open rec, many times WIDE OPEN!

Tebow: Vs. Bears TT had 5 dropped passes past 1st down marker, 4 drives they punted the other one was at the end of the half

Tebow: Playing tight man accentuates the passing challenges, but exposes the D to the option game.Option FB runs D out of man cov

Tebow:Initially I didn't think this type of offense was sustainable, but w/TT dramatic improvements & conflict I see D in,I pause

Tebow: The key that allows him to not be as "pure" a passer & still have success is the DESIGNED runs.He must stay healthy 4 this

Tebow:It goes w/out saying he needs to continue to make significant improvements,but based on what I've seen in 11 starts,he will

Tebow: ONLY 11 STARTS, yet I & so many others forgot to see him through that lens.This will continue to be a fascinating study

Tebow: An offseason of working on the RIGHT stuff & increasing his FB IQ will have a tremendous impact on his game.

Tebow: For u simple minds out there, mobile QB's & this QB who dictates looks w/designed runs are two TOTALLY different things!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #542
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Elway is investing in Tebow for the long haul even saying he will work with him.

John*Elway: '(Tim) Tebow's not going anywhere' - NFL - SI.com
Old 12-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #543
Butter
Coordinator

You know what, I've turned the corner on this. Good luck to Tim Tebow, I hope he makes it. I still personally don't think he's the long term answer, but I am not actively rooting against him (well, I am so far as his playoff chances directly intersect with the Bengals).

I just have to avoid Sportscenter and ESPNEWS for like... ever.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #544
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Elway is investing in Tebow for the long haul even saying he will work with him.

John*Elway: '(Tim) Tebow's not going anywhere' - NFL - SI.com

Elway has no choice at this point. You can't demote or trade him considering the way this year has unfolded.

Assuming you think he ultimately fails, this is what I was afraid of. Now instead of wasting a #1 pick, we're going to add 2-3 years on top of it. I have to hope he succeeds now, because he's earned some more development time and the #1 job going into next year. I just hope we seem some real improvement and not terrible play coupled with a few late-game heroics that turns what is a 5-11season into a near-playoff contender, and people mistake that for Tebow proving he belongs as an NFL QB.

That shit is cool in Year 1, when I thought we'd be 2-14 and instead could win a division. It's not so cool down the road a year or two when the team is flat-out underperforming yet needs a miracle every couple of weeks to stay within striking distance of .500.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-21-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #545
TroyF
Coordinator

Ksyrup,

I promised in another thread I wouldn't speak of him again, so I won't mention him.

I'll just say the Broncos have only 1 QB on their roster for next year. I believe they'll either draft a QB in the second or third round or bring in a veteran (ie: good veteran) backup just in case the starting QB fails.

As they can't get the top of the QB heap this year, I don't think this is a horrible situation. They need more help on the defense despite how good they have looked at times this year. (DT, S and CB are desperate needs) They also need more offensive weapons (both at RB and WR)

At the start of this year, I thought this was a 3 year rebuilding project anyway. The wins this year have been a surprise, but this is still a team with a lot of holes.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:06 AM   #546
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I'll just say the Broncos have only 1 QB on their roster for next year. I believe they'll either draft a QB in the second or third round or bring in a veteran (ie: good veteran) backup just in case the starting QB fails.

What veteran backup will the Broncos be able to find that can run the offense? This is where I think the team is really going to be in trouble; they can't just plug another QB in if Tebow is injured or loses the starting job. I realize that Elway is in the position now where he almost has to endorse Tebow, but I still don't see this as a viable option for more than this and maybe next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #547
Logan
Head Coach

Dennis Dixon is a FA next year. Not sure if he's a perfect fit though, but probably a decent option.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #548
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
What veteran backup will the Broncos be able to find that can run the offense? This is where I think the team is really going to be in trouble; they can't just plug another QB in if Tebow is injured or loses the starting job. I realize that Elway is in the position now where he almost has to endorse Tebow, but I still don't see this as a viable option for more than this and maybe next year.

I think this is the biggest problem the Broncos face with Tim Tebow, because I think he can thrive in the NFL running the type of offense he's running now. Face it, he ran essentially the same thing at Florida and probably ran something similar in high school, so it is pretty much ingrained in him. Just like with the throwing motion, I'm not sure he's capable of making the change.

The problem comes when the Broncos start selecting pieces to compliment him and the offense they're running. What happens when Tebow inevitably gets hurt, whether it be for a week or five weeks, and the current crop of NFL dregs...er backups are incapable of doing the things Tebow does? It'll be awfully tough to snap back to running a conventional NFL offense.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #549
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Trent Dilfer watched every snap of him on the coaches tape. Had a flood of Twitter messages yesterday. I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who has seen the massive improvement in his passing. Interesting read:

A bunch of stuff that misses the point of Twitter.

He could just as easily have posted that to a blog somewhere and used a URL shortener to tweet the link out to interested parties. Jesus.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #550
JediKooter
Coordinator

Well, Drew Brees is in the last year of his contract with the Saints and they haven't tried to resign him yet. Here's your chance for one hell of a back up to Tim Tebow, Broncos!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote