This is new and exciting.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #502
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
BLAH BLAH BLAH BORING DEVILS BLAH BLAH BLAH ZZZZZZZZZZ

This is new and exciting.

they keep changing the rules, and somehow, our boys keep winning.

maybe its because, i dont know....the devils are a good team??
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #503
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
they keep changing the rules, and somehow, our boys keep winning.

maybe its because, i dont know....the devils are a good team??
What? The Devils? A good team? No way! They just bore their opponents to sleep and slide one puck past the snoozing goalie! The Devils win every game 1-0, man!! Haven't you been watching??!??!?????
Old 02-09-2007, 02:11 PM   #504
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Speaking of good vs. boring hockey.

Was there ever a better regular season NHL game than the March 26, 1997 Wings vs. Avalanche game? I can't imagine there ever was.

- You had two of the top teams in the NHL from a talent-level, including the defending Stanley Cup Champions

- The game included some of the most talented players in the game at the time, including Sakic, Forsberg, Deadmarsh, Roy, Yzerman, Fedorov, Shanahan, Lidstrom, Konstantinov, and Larionov. So, easily 7 or 8 future Hall of Famers at the very least (likely a few more).

- You had 11 goals in the game, including a sensational goal in overtime to win it.

- You had 18 fighting majors.

Here's the box score:

-------------------------------
Colorado 1 3 1 0--5
Detroit 0 3 2 1--6
-------------------------------

FIRST PERIOD -- Scoring: 1, Colorado, Kamensky 24 (Forsberg), 3:29.
Penalties: Young, Col (interference), 1:20; Severyn, Col (fighting major),
4:45; Pushor, Det (fighting major), 4:45; Sakic, Col (interference), 5:12;
Corbet, Col (fighting major), 10:14; Maltby, Det (fighting major), 10:14;
Draper, Det (roughing), 10:14; Forsberg, Col (roughing), 18:22; Roy, Col
(roughing, fighting major), 18:22; Larionov, Det (roughing), 18:22;
Vernon, Det (roughing, fighting major), 18:22; Mccarty, Det ( double
roughing minor), 18:22; Deadmarsh, Col (cross checking, fighting major),
18:37; Konstantinov, Det (fighting major), 18:37.

SECOND PERIOD -- Scoring: 2, Detroit, Fedorov 29 (Murphy, Yzerman),
0:35. 3, Colorado, Kamensky 25 (power play) (Jones, Ozolinsh), 1:12. 4,
Detroit, Lapointe 13 (Kozlov), 3:08. 5, Colorado, Corbet 10 (Yelle), 6:20.
6, Colorado, Deadmarsh 32 (Lefebvre, Lacroix), 13:34. 7, Detroit, Lidstrom
15 (power play) (Yzerman), 19:40. Penalties: Foote, Col (fighting major),
0:04; Shanahan, Det (fighting major), 0:04; Lapointe, Det (roughing),
0:56; Severyn, Col (fighting major, game misconduct), 3:34; Keane, Col
(fighting major), 3:34; Ward, Det (fighting major, game misconduct), 3:34;
Holmstrom, Det (fighting major), 3:34; Deadmarsh, Col (fighting major),
7:24; Mccarty, Det (roughing, fighting major), 7:24; Krupp, Col (fighting
major), 11:26; Pushor, Det (fighting major), 11:26; Deadmarsh, Col
(interference), 14:47; Young, Col (hooking), 18:38.

THIRD PERIOD -- Scoring: 8, Colorado, Kamensky 26 (Yelle, Lemieux),
1:11. 9, Detroit, Lapointe 14 (Fedorov, Murphy), 8:27. 10, Detroit,
Shanahan 46 (Larionov, Pushor), 9:03. Penalties: Ozolinsh, Col (cross
checking, roughing), 6:26; Maltby, Det (roughing), 6:26; Pushor, Det
(holding), 14:40; Ozolinsh, Col (tripping), 16:07.

OVERTIME -- Scoring: 11, Detroit, Mccarty 19 (Shanahan, Larionov), 0:39.

Shots on goal:
------------------------------------
Colorado 6 7 6 0--19
Detroit 8 23 15 1--47
------------------------------------

Power-play Conversions: Col - 1 of 6, Det - 1 of 7. Goalies: Colorado,
Roy (47 shots, 41 saves; record: 36-14-7). Detroit, Vernon (19, 14;
record: 12-9-6). A:19,983. Referee: P Devorski. Linesmen: Scapinello,
Schachte.

What more could one ever want out of a hockey game? Great skill, lots of offensive, and a ton of physical play.

I've watched the game about 6-7 times, though not in a while. I know they have the game in its entirety on some Red Wings' DVD set. I should pick that up, but I always feel sad watching Konstantinov play. I've never really quite gotten over that.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #505
Pyser
Pro Rookie

meanwhile..

The Wild send Pascal Dupuis to the Rangers in exchange for Adam Hall.

The Hurricanes have acquired centre Josef Vasicek from the Nashville Predators in exchange for centre Eric Belanger.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #506
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Was there ever a better regular season NHL game than the March 26, 1997 Wings vs. Avalanche game?
The NHL Network showed the Top 10 Wings/Avs games recently. It was depressing, because it reminded you how good hockey used to be.

(Although I need to ask, how did McCarty stay in that game? He pummells Lemieux and even knees him in the head, and gets four minutes? Today, he'd be suspended for nine years.)
Old 02-09-2007, 02:46 PM   #507
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Speaking of old time hockey, here's the classic Leeman/Savard confrontation:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8pTQk3XE9Xw

Note the sucker punch at 1:10, as well as John Kordic(!) preventing a bench-clearing brawl with the horse collar on Wendel.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #508
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
The NHL Network showed the Top 10 Wings/Avs games recently. It was depressing, because it reminded you how good hockey used to be.

(Although I need to ask, how did McCarty stay in that game? He pummells Lemieux and even knees him in the head, and gets four minutes? Today, he'd be suspended for nine years.)

There was never an adequate explanation for that. Ever. Crawford went nuts (rightly so) over the (non)call.

I guess because Lemieux didn't drop the gloves and just turtled it technically wasn't a "fight" in the Devorski's eyes, since, I guess, a fight would technically require two participants. Also, perhaps Devorski felt like Lemieux had it comming and thought justice was being served.

I think I'm getting that Adrian Dater book on the Wings/Avs rivalry on Sunday. Perhaps there's an explanation in there.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 02-09-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:40 PM   #509
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
There was never an adequate explanation for that. Ever. Crawford went nuts (rightly so) over the (non)call.

I guess because Lemieux didn't drop the gloves and just turtled it technically wasn't a "fight" in the Devorski's eyes, since, I guess, a fight would technically require two participants. Also, perhaps Devorski felt like Lemieux had it comming and thought just was being served.

I think I'm getting that Adrian Dater book on the Wings/Avs rivalry on Sunday. Perhaps there's an explanation in there.

let me know how the Dater book is. been thinking about checking it out myself.

and yeah, I miss that sort of hockey.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:01 PM   #510
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

This one's for Pumpy:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OttU1ATmEHU

And one for bsak:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_mZ0-Hb37QE
Old 02-09-2007, 05:08 PM   #511
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Three things to note here:

- I've never seen the Philly footage of this before, only the Toronto clip. That closeup of Hextall going into a sprint is awesome. I miss guys who were certifiably nuts.

- Nice job by the Philly announcers claiming victory for Hextall. You know, if you ignore the giant gaping wound on his face, he did pretty well.

- At 1:30 of the clip, I'm loving how Kordic looks around for Clark, sees him coming, gets himself set, and still winds up flat on his back curled into a ball within a half second of Wendel arriving on the scene. Good effort, Danny.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #512
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Dude, it was Lemieux. If I saw him walking down the street right now, I wouldn't be able to resist doing the same thing.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:22 PM   #513
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Dude, it was Lemieux. If I saw him walking down the street right now, I wouldn't be able to resist doing the same thing.
No argument there... just wondering how he managed to not get kicked out.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:26 PM   #514
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
I absolutely love how Terry Gregson is talking to both goalies right in the middle of the fight.

Also, all this "boring Devils" talk had me about ready to switch my allegiance to Calgary or Nashville or Florida or something, but seeing Sean Burke in that Devils uniform has put me back in my place.

I'm a Devils fan for life.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:58 PM   #515
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
- At 1:30 of the clip, I'm loving how Kordic looks around for Clark, sees him coming, gets himself set, and still winds up flat on his back curled into a ball within a half second of Wendel arriving on the scene. Good effort, Danny.

you have Kordic on the brain. It was Dan Lacroix. Dan Kordic was in the clip. Odd that both Kordics were featured today...
Old 02-10-2007, 01:44 AM   #516
Pyser
Pro Rookie

ill take all the boring devils talk here.

its pretty much the only place in my life i can talk hockey with people.

sad.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:04 PM   #517
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:

sad.
"
Old 02-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #518
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

sad.

Come on up and join us in Canada! Plenty of room up here for all hockey fans!

The priests at Sunday Mass start things off by talking about the game on Hockey Night in Canada the night before.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #519
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
(seriously, i hear what you are saying, and i agree it can be boring...but somehow when its a power running game and sound defense in football, its just "good job guys". the devils arent in the business of entertaining. they are in the business of winning.)

Must be why they are one of the teams that were at risk of losing money this season. They don't qualify for subsidies because of the size of their market. No wonder Lou has to try and get by with just 20 players on the roster to save every penny. It shows that winning alone won't pack an arena. People want to be excited.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #520
Pyser
Pro Rookie

the devils fan base is growing, and the new arena next year (the Rock!) should help.

the 2 biggest problems are 1) the rangers fans, and 2) ticket prices are insanely high at that arena. which is why youll see more people in the upper tier than the lower.

in other news:

In a deal between first-place teams, the Atlanta Thrashers traded defenseman Vitaly Vishnevski to the Nashville Predators for center Eric Belanger on Saturday.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #521
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I see Pyser already beat me to it, but here's more details (interestingly, the team actually emailed this to their mailing list subscribers a few minutes ago, the first time I can recall them ever sending out something on a trade)

Atlanta, GA (Feb. 10, 2007) -- The Atlanta Thrashers have acquired forward Eric Belanger (pictured right) from the Nashville Predators in exchange for defenseman Vitaly Vishnevski, according to Executive Vice President and General Manager Don Waddell.

Belanger, 29, earned 20 points (eight goals, 12 assists) in 56 games with Carolina this season before being traded to Nashville in exchange for Josef Vasicek on Feb. 9, 2007. The 6-0, 190-pound center won 53.6% of his face-offs (362-for-676) with the Hurricanes.

The native of Sherbrooke, Quebec, has collected 170 points (71 goals, 99 assists) and 183 penalty minutes in 379 NHL games with Los Angeles and Carolina. Belanger was acquired by the Hurricanes along with Tim Gleason from the Kings in exchange for Oleg Tverdovsky and Jack Johnson on Sept. 29, 2006, after setting career bests with 17 goals, five power-play tallies and 37 points with Los Angeles in 2005-06.

Belanger, who recorded at least 30 points for three consecutive NHL seasons from 2002-04 and 2005-06, set a career high with 20 assists in 2003-04 and matched it in 2005-06. He was originally selected by Los Angeles in the fourth round, 96th overall, in the 1996 NHL Entry Draft.

Hamel, 29, has registered seven points (four goals, three assists) in 43 games with the Senators this season. The 6-1, 200-pound right wing has posted a plus or even rating in 40 out of 43 games, and is plus four for the season.

The native of Lachute, Quebec, has earned 30 points (18 goals, 12 assists) and 77 penalty minutes in 182 NHL games with Buffalo and Ottawa. Hamel, who was selected by St. Louis in the sixth round, 153rd overall, in the 1995 NHL Entry Draft, set career highs with eight goals and 11 assists with Buffalo in 2000-01.

Vishnevski, 26, registered 12 points (three goals, nine assists) and 31 penalty minutes in 52 games with the Thrashers this season. The 6-2, 200-pound defenseman has recorded 60 points (14 goals, 46 assists) and 434 penalty minutes in 468 NHL games with Anaheim and Atlanta. He was acquired by the Thrashers in exchange for forward Karl Stewart, a second-round selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and a conditional fourth-round pick in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft on Aug. 17, 2007.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #522
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Looks like the Thrashers deal was a combination of not caring to pay Vish to sit on the bench for the rest of the season and looking to replace Steve Rucchin who may be out for the rest of the year after suffering a concussion the other night.

Right now I'm sort of on the same wavelength as one poster on the Thrasher boards who asked "how many 3rd line centers do we really need?"

Also, just to pass along what strikes me as an odd rumor, someone mentioned that the Predators msg boards are speculating about them flipping Vishnevski to Carolina for Scott Walker.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:33 PM   #523
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I see Pyser already beat me to it, but here's more details (interestingly, the team actually emailed this to their mailing list subscribers a few minutes ago, the first time I can recall them ever sending out something on a trade)

Were you on an email list when they traded Audette for Piros and some picks? An email came out pretty quick on that day, as I recall, at least as quick as any notices come out when trades are made with 10 minutes left before the deadline.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #524
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

does Rucchin have previous concussion problems? because that wasn't much of a blow that he took (easy for me to say, I know).
Old 02-10-2007, 10:48 PM   #525
sabotai
General Manager

Haven't really had much chance to watch much hockey this year. Saw the FLyers game tonight. Anyone have any thoughts on Jeff Carter? The guy is fast and has a great wristshot. Looks like he could develop into a very good player for the Flyers.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:47 PM   #526
Karim
College Starter

Flames pick up Brad Stuart, Wayne Primeau and a draft pick for Andrew Ference and Chuck Kobasew.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:36 AM   #527
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim View Post
Flames pick up Brad Stuart, Wayne Primeau and a draft pick for Andrew Ference and Chuck Kobasew.
Wayne Primeau? They still make that?
Old 02-11-2007, 05:25 AM   #528
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
does Rucchin have previous concussion problems? because that wasn't much of a blow that he took (easy for me to say, I know).

Not that it would be the same, but I didn't take much of a blow to get my "mild concussion" back in August and I still have not earned a clean bill of health from my neurologist. They are all different and have different effects on different people. It's why some people can have 15 concussions and still bounce back easily and others can have a few and be forced to retire.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:27 AM   #529
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
the devils fan base is growing, and the new arena next year (the Rock!) should help.

The fan base is growing? So, all this pride about 3 cups didn't grow the fan base already? Winning obviously isn't everything.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #530
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

In typical Leafs fashion they like to jump a guy 3 on 1.

This one's for you Maple Leafs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zjIlAhy2EtE

And speaking about knockouts how about Ronald Petrovicky knocking out Kris Newbury?

And it was nice to see Hal Gill pick on someone his own size when he tried to scuffle with Colby Armstrong.

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 02-11-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #531
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
In typical Leafs fashion they like to jump a guy 3 on 1.

This one's for you Maple Leafs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zjIlAhy2EtE

And speaking about knockouts how about Ronald Petrovicky knocking out Kris Newbury?

And it was nice to see Hal Gill pick on someone his own size when he tried to scuffle with Colby Armstrong.

I saw the Petrovicky thing last night. Who knew? I hope Newbury is all right.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #532
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Interesting moment in last night's Sens/Habs game, as Ray Emery tomoahawks a guy in the face with his stick. Will be interesting to see how/if the league handles it. Any forward who did that would be suspended for a half dozen games at least, but goalies usually get some leeway inside their own crease.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_k4nIkW2Ck

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 02-11-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #533
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Goalies or not that was brutal, and I think a half-dozen games is hardly enough. I'd go for 15-20.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #534
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
The fan base is growing? So, all this pride about 3 cups didn't grow the fan base already? Winning obviously isn't everything.

yes. growing. they moved a team into an area where 3 established teams already had die hard fans.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #535
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
yes. growing. they moved a team into an area where 3 established teams already had die hard fans.

They've been there since 1982. It was about 12-13 years in when they won the first Cup. No doubt they've had the most success of the three teams there over the past dozen years. Again, it proves my point that winning alone isn't good enough.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #536
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Any word on Madden's injury?
Old 02-11-2007, 08:35 PM   #537
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Goalies or not that was brutal, and I think a half-dozen games is hardly enough. I'd go for 15-20.
Don't be silly. Remember, Senators are allowed to cleave guys in the face with their sticks without being suspended. It's the Hossa Rule.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:36 PM   #538
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
If Gill is only allowed to fight guys his own size, he's basically limited to Chara and Boogard. And either one of those guys would kill him. Pound for pound, Hal Gill is probably the worst fighter in the league now that Barnaby is blind.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:41 PM   #539
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Any word on Madden's injury?

big ol gash under his right eye. eye swelled shut, and yet he finished the game, with a tissue in his nostril to stop it from bleeding too.

manly.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:34 AM   #540
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Lost (sort of) in the Pens recent 11-0-2 run...

For the first time since 1980-81 season, a team has 3 players, age 20 or under, with 20+ goals--Malkin (27) Crosby (25) and Staal (22).

Last team to accomplish this-- Edmonton Oilers, with Gretzky, Messier , Kurri and Glenn Anderson all breaking 20 that season, in which all four players were age 19 or 20.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #541
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The fire sale in Phoenix has begun...

The Coyotes send Ladislav Nagy to Dallas for Matthias Tjarnqvist and a first round in pick in the 2007 draft.

I guess this likely means that the Coyotes will put forth the effort to re-sign Doan long term. If I had to choose one (Doan) over the other (Nagy), I'd keep Doan.

Edit: Hrmm... I found this info on another board and just tried to follow thei link. There was none. I haven't seen this anywhere else. Will need to confirm.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 02-12-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #542
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
The fire sale in Phoenix has begun...

The Coyotes send Ladislav Nagy to Dallas for Matthias Tjarnqvist and a first round in pick in the 2007 draft.

I guess this likely means that the Coyotes will put forth the effort to re-sign Doan long term. If I had to choose one (Doan) over the other (Nagy), I'd keep Doan.

Edit: Hrmm... I found this info on another board and just tried to follow thei link. There was none. I haven't seen this anywhere else. Will need to confirm.

If so, I like it.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:24 AM   #543
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

true
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...12_115029_5000
Old 02-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #544
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Dude! They even ripped off my "Fire Sale" language. I should send an angry letter.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #545
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
let me know how the Dater book is. been thinking about checking it out myself.

and yeah, I miss that sort of hockey.

I did end up getting the book on Sunday.

I only had time to read about a chapter and a half, but so far, so good. I will give a more complete/detailed report when I finish.

The transcript of what Crawford was screaming at Bowman during Game 4 of the 1997 Western Conference finals is pretty funny. He just had a complete meltdown at that moment.

Devorski admits that he blew the call. Apparently one of the linesmen kept telling him that he had to throw McCarty out of the game, but with everything going on at the time Devorski said he didn't see it all and didn't make the call. Devorski told McCarty that he "owed him a game" and after McCarty scored the OT goal Devorski told McCarty that he was "killing him", becuase he knew he should have thrown McCarty out.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:50 AM   #546
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Emery has been suspended for three games.

Semi-related thought: if he's a backup goalie, does he get more? Would it be like pitchers in baseball getting longer suspensions since they don't play as often?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:54 AM   #547
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:

boy, that seems cheap to me.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #548
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

A first round pick (that Tjarnqvist guy was on waivers a short while ago) for a top-level player who will be an UFA after this year (Nagy) seems to be the asking price. That's pretty consistent with what it was last year. Edmonton shipped a first round pick to Minnesota for Roloson. I think the Capitals got a first rounder for Witt (from Nashville).

There's been some local speculation about the Wings making a move for Forsberg and then possibly making another move to ship Lang out and bring in a winger who can score. I'd be all for something like that. Obviously such a deal would be complicated and involve many moving parts. That said, totally upgrading the second line by replacing Lang with Forsberg and adding another top six winger sounds too good to be true.

Now if they could just find a way to include Lilja in a deal. . .
Old 02-12-2007, 12:24 PM   #549
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dude! They even ripped off my "Fire Sale" language. I should send an angry letter.

I did that once to ESPN.com for something they took word for word off my blog and it got me no where but a bunch of denying.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:27 PM   #550
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
A first round pick (that Tjarnqvist guy was on waivers a short while ago) for a top-level player who will be an UFA after this year (Nagy) seems to be the asking price. That's pretty consistent with what it was last year. Edmonton shipped a first round pick to Minnesota for Roloson. I think the Capitals got a first rounder for Witt (from Nashville).

There's been some local speculation about the Wings making a move for Forsberg and then possibly making another move to ship Lang out and bring in a winger who can score. I'd be all for something like that. Obviously such a deal would be complicated and involve many moving parts. That said, totally upgrading the second line by replacing Lang with Forsberg and adding another top six winger sounds too good to be true.

Now if they could just find a way to include Lilja in a deal. . .

Here, here.

The only times I ever notice Lilja is when he falls behind the opposing teams net.

In random news, Jimmy Howard is in net tonight completing the Griffins Double Shot.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote