Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2007, 11:05 PM   #451
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It was only 1 game, but I'm impressed with the improvements from the patch. I turned interceptions down to 5, but I kept all other defensive sliders at default (on All-Pro) and the CPU only threw 1 INT in a game with 9 minute quarters and that was on a desperation pass at the end of the game. I might even find out there aren't enough INT's with the slider at 5, but that will be a welcome change. Also, I only threw 1 and was able to work the middle of the field which was also a nice change. Gameplay wise, it was one of the most enjoyable games of Madden in a long time. I'm going to sim a season now to see if stats are any better, but I'm not counting on that.

Edit to add: The simmed interception glitch is definitely still in the game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-30-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:21 PM   #452
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Simmed stats are still a mess: 14 QB's with over 100 QB Rtg. LT with 2200 yards and 5 other backs with 1900 or more yards. Receptions still a bit low. The sim engine is untouched. Still, from the very limited data set, it appears the biggest gameplay issues are fixed. I forgot to mention despite playing in the rain, there were no fumbles on either side.

If the patch has a similar effect to NCAA's gameplay, that will be an excellent game as the sim engine is good in that game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-30-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:23 AM   #453
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Played a couple of games. It's fun and while definitely not for stats, at least the franchise won't freeze. It only took them three and a half months to do this.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:44 AM   #454
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, gameplay is finally fun. I play FOF for realistic stats, so this will just feed my graphical crave.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #455
Icy
Pro Starter

Grr still no Ps3 patch and i wonder why, when for NCAA the released it way early in the Ps3.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #456
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Had a total of 4 INT's in my last game, 3 by me and 1 by the Seahawks. I pressured Hasselbeck all game though and I'd have to say the game feels fresh with the patch - although I didn't play it much before.

With the latest roster update, I'm ready to start a season... finally!
Old 12-01-2007, 05:14 PM   #457
BigMak
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Had a total of 4 INT's in my last game, 3 by me and 1 by the Seahawks. I pressured Hasselbeck all game though and I'd have to say the game feels fresh with the patch - although I didn't play it much before.

With the latest roster update, I'm ready to start a season... finally!

Are you playing with sliders or using a default setting?
BigMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #458
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMak View Post
Are you playing with sliders or using a default setting?

Default, AP - 9 mins right now. Barely beat Miami only two int's total. Passing DEFINITELY seems so much better.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:23 PM   #459
Icy
Pro Starter

Finally the patch will be out for the PS3 tomorrow morning. i'll give it a new try in the Superstar mode where i don't pay as much attention to the realistic stats. I still play SS mode in ncaa and it's so fun.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #460
JS19
College Prospect

Well, I have run into an odd problem while playing Madden. I'm in 2010 with my franchise, and I can't seem to play the 49ers. They were on my regular season schedule and the game would freeze during the loading phase prior to playing the actualy game (i just simmed passed the game because i was getting pissed). Now i'm matched against them in the NFC championship game and I encounter the same problem. Anyone ever heard of this before?
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #461
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Well, I have run into an odd problem while playing Madden. I'm in 2010 with my franchise, and I can't seem to play the 49ers. They were on my regular season schedule and the game would freeze during the loading phase prior to playing the actualy game (i just simmed passed the game because i was getting pissed). Now i'm matched against them in the NFC championship game and I encounter the same problem. Anyone ever heard of this before?

Dear JS19,

One of the enhancements in Madden '09 is the ability to play your franchise without any errors. Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Madden Development Team.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #462
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Dear JS19,

One of the enhancements in Madden '09 is the ability to play your franchise without any errors. Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Madden Development Team.

Well put.

Another question...since I finally found out how to hook up my PS3 to the internet, I was wondering if someone can explain to me how to get the patch I have heard so much about. I have tried myself, but I am a complete moron when it comes to this internet mumbo jumbo.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:23 PM   #463
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Well put.

Another question...since I finally found out how to hook up my PS3 to the internet, I was wondering if someone can explain to me how to get the patch I have heard so much about. I have tried myself, but I am a complete moron when it comes to this internet mumbo jumbo.

I haven't got the Madden patch, but patches in general are delivered in one of two ways on the PS3.

A) The game auto-detects the patch when you start up the game and prompts you to download it.

B) The patch is available on the PS Network Store. They have a section of the store dedicated to patch downloads.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:43 PM   #464
Kodos
Resident Alien

I've reverted to playing Madden 2006 and NCAA 2006 for the PS2 on my PS3. Kinda sad, but it seems like the best option at this point.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #465
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I've reverted to playing Madden 2006 and NCAA 2006 for the PS2 on my PS3. Kinda sad, but it seems like the best option at this point.

Actually Super Tecmo Bowl on the nes emulator has been the best option for me.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:51 PM   #466
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'll say it again, Madden on the PC aint a bad game at all. Lacks many of the "features" of next-gen of course, but also lacks most of the crippling problems.

If they just updated the graphics, added some new animations and released it on PS3, I'd be pretty happy with it.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:17 PM   #467
gstelmack
Pro Starter

So thanks to a $50 gift card from work, I now have this and have brought over my QB from NCAA 08 to superstar mode. I'm now the starting QB for the Jets. Of course, documentation and tutorials on this mode are non-existant, so:

Is there any reason at all to play practice or training camp aside from brushing up my personal skills? Influence, anything like that? So far that all seems a complete waste of time.

And despite the DB reaction stuff they talk about above, it didn't take long for me to get sick of throwing to receivers who had their DB beat by a step, only to have the DB speed burst in front of him. I'll try using the precision passing stuff to lead my WR more, but this is ticking me off to no end. Combined with how much lead the game likes to put on throws (I'm convinced the ball moves in slow motion) making it impossible to hit guys in the open spot of a zone, playing QB is pretty frustrating. But I'll give it a bit.