Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-27-2005, 12:17 PM   #1
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

TCY: QB Substitutions...

One thing that frustrates the hell out of me is QB substitutions in TCY. Is there any way to make the AI look to sub the QB more? It seems like you have to have at least a 40 point lead or deficit with less than 2 minutes to go before the computer will put in the #2 QB. Even if the started is 2-20 with 5 INT's!!!

I have two QB's with similar ratings, but the only way I can compare them is to start them each in different games, which makes you wonder if the QB's performance is related more to his ability or the other team's defense...

M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:48 PM   #2
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

How low have you listed your playing time for your QB? Have you gone as low as 1?
Old 12-27-2005, 01:54 PM   #3
st.cronin
General Manager

One playing time feature that would make a nice add would be the ability to 'platoon' qbs or rbs (or any position, really). The way it would work is, each time you gain possesion, swith qbs.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 04:11 PM   #4
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7
How low have you listed your playing time for your QB? Have you gone as low as 1?
It doesn't seem to make a difference. The only time it has was when I had a real stud and would crank the playing time up to about 8... all of a sudden I would see the backup in there. At 1 was when I had a QB throw 5 picks and only complete about 20% (all short throws) and play the whole game despite being down by three scores.

I would hope that any team with a good supporting cast (as I do) would yank a QB who was playing that bad. The RB had a 100 yard game. The special teams and defense had both scored. Yet all I could do is sit there and watch him throw pick after pick and watch in frustration...

I put the backup in for the next game and all of a sudden my receivers start catching some balls...
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote