Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-24-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Lion's game

Anyone else think that this Thanksgiving spectacle from the Lions rates Ford Sr. giving contract extensions to both Millen and Mooch? Seems to be the way Ford likes to do things, rewarding failure.

Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
Schmidty
Coordinator

Tom Kowalski (Lions beat reporter) said that if there was a blowout today, there was a very good chance that Mooch would be fired tomorrow.

I can only pray. The man is the worst coach I have ever seen. He makes Marty Mornhinweg and Wayne Fontes look like football geniuses.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:19 PM   #3
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Lions havent deserved a primetime thanksgiving game in years(since Barry retired really). If they dont get their shit together soon, they need to yank their ass. At some point tradition is overrated.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 02:22 PM   #4
Schmidty
Coordinator

Typical Mariucci offensive series:

1st & 10 - Handoff to Kevin Jones for a 2 yard gain.

2nd & 8 - Screen pass to Jones for a loss of 1 yard.

3rd & 9 - Dump pass to Bryson for a gain of 3.

4th & 6 - Punt.

Last edited by Schmidty : 11-24-2005 at 02:22 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 02:25 PM   #5
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wow. That's like the worst pass ever.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:25 PM   #6
stevew
Hall Of Famer

err, worst pass not thrown by Garo Yapremium(sp)
Old 11-24-2005, 02:27 PM   #7
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm still laughing about that pass. That was hilarious!!!!

I hope we end up losing by 50. Mooch needs to go.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:30 PM   #8
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I'm still laughing about that pass. That was hilarious!!!!

I hope we end up losing by 50. Mooch needs to go.

It was like a 60 yard pass.....straight up!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire in the hole!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2005, 02:34 PM   #9
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Typical Mariucci offensive series:

1st & 10 - Handoff to Kevin Jones for a 2 yard gain.

2nd & 8 - Screen pass to Jones for a loss of 1 yard.

3rd & 9 - Dump pass to Bryson for a gain of 3.

4th & 6 - Punt.

Gosh. They need to draft themselves a wide receiver some time.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 02:35 PM   #10
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
Gosh. They need to draft themselves a wide receiver some time.

I don't think Mooch knows what a wide reciever is. Terrell Owens scarred him for life. Now all he wants to do is dump it off to RBs and TEs.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:41 PM   #11
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Like Madden said "A Pop Warner football team." Wonder if Gary Moeller is busy these days?
Old 11-24-2005, 02:45 PM   #12
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It was like a 60 yard pass.....straight up!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire in the hole!!!!!!!!!!!!

I regret that i gave him the benefit of the doubt that it was tipped. I obviously knew it wasnt....he really does suck that bad.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:46 PM   #13
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I wonder if Shaub is auditioning for his new employer today.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:24 PM   #14
Router Help

I'd say Mooch is gone. Fox 2 reporter and voice of the Lions, Dan Miller, has reported that discussions are happening tonight about replacing him.

http://www.mlive.com/weblogs/highlig...11.html#095946

It is clear by the comments from Lions players that Mooch has lost the team and must go.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/audio.ssf
Router Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 07:06 AM   #15
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quick perusal of some sports sites and they all have a story that Mooch may be fired. Would Jauron be the interim coach?

With the 3 first round WRs, Kevin Jones, and Marcus Pollard, would a Mike Martz be in the Lions' future?
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 07:24 AM   #16
CraigSca
Pro Starter

You know I saw a slightly different game. Ok, the QBs can't really throw, and they have all these "stars"at WR - but the offensive line was horrendous! All the QBs had about .1 secs to get a pass off! How can you do anything if the offensive line continually falls on its ass and lets the opponent in the backfield before the ball is snapped?!
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 08:17 AM   #17
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
You know I saw a slightly different game. Ok, the QBs can't really throw, and they have all these "stars"at WR - but the offensive line was horrendous! All the QBs had about .1 secs to get a pass off! How can you do anything if the offensive line continually falls on its ass and lets the opponent in the backfield before the ball is snapped?!

The offensive line was horrific. Yet I couldn't help but be amazed by how idiotic the coaching staff of the Lions was.

Harrington was playing an OK game. Not a pro bowl game, but when he had time to throw the ball, he made some nice tosses. I actually caught myself making the mistake of thinking "hey, maybe he isn't so bad"

Then the RT goes out injured and Kearney just eats the G who moved over alive. Just destroyed him on three straight plays.

So what happens? Harrington gets pulled and the sideline reporter talks about how the coaches told the WR to be on their toes because the ball is coming out quicker so they need to get in and out of their cuts and look for the ball.

I'm not even a fan of the Lions, but my first reaction went something like this:

"WTF, ARE YOU KIDDING ME, YOUR LINE CAN'T BLOCK, YOU CAN'T RUN THE BALL, AND YOUR QB HAS ACTUALLY HAD A DECENT DAY AND HE'S THE PROBLEM?!?!?!?!?!"

I still can't believe the WR were coached up when Garcia came into the game. As other people have noted here, they don't throw the ball to them anyway. And it isn't like Jeff Garcia is the second coming of Joe Montana.

For the first time in my life, I actually felt sorry for Harrington. That was an inexcuseable decision IMHO. Were I the owner, I'd have fired him at halftime.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:11 AM   #18
gi
College Prospect

Hitting refresh on the aweful new freep.com and espn waiting for the word about a new head coach...
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:14 AM   #19
GreenMonster
High School Varsity

I can't wait till next year.. I have a 50/50 chance of seeing my Dolphins pound the Lions next year on Thanksgiving.
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:51 AM   #20
miked
College Starter

I did like the TD celebration down by 20 points. At some point I hope the NFL bans all celebrations. Last thing I want to see is some overweight defensive lineman celebrating a 1 yd loss down by 20 points.
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 08:29 AM   #21
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Mooch's job 'safe' for now, business as usual for the Lions. Only the Ford's would continue to think that absolute failure is a good thing. Of course, the story goes Bill Ford, not too long after buying the Lions back in the 60s once boasted that he constantly filled the stands with a losing football team. So shame on the fans. If I could find a business that produced crap and people kept on buying it I'd be boasting about it too.

Last edited by Bubba Wheels : 11-26-2005 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:39 AM   #22
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonster
I can't wait till next year.. I have a 50/50 chance of seeing my Dolphins pound the Lions next year on Thanksgiving.
Pretty good chance I would say. You would have to think Miami is the more appealing choice than Buffalo.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 11-26-2005 at 08:39 AM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 09:43 AM   #23
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Wheels
Mooch's job 'safe' for now, business as usual for the Lions. Only the Ford's would continue to think that absolute failure is a good thing. Of course, the story goes Bill Ford, not too long after buying the Lions back in the 60s once boasted that he constantly filled the stands with a losing football team. So shame on the fans. If I could find a business that produced crap and people kept on buying it I'd be boasting about it too.

I am curious about something with the Lions. I am assuming (yes I know what happens when you assume) that by calling for Mooch's job that you feel that Millen is not the problem. From a distance, it does not seem like the pieces fit together. If you have a coach that is a proponent of the West Coast Offense, why have three downfield type receivers a la Randy Moss instead of a receiver who runs precise shorter routes and is good at running after they catch the ball. How does Kevin Jones only have 18 receptions for the year? Is it because he can’t catch or he is not thrown the ball? Now maybe Millen expects his coach to adjust the philosophy and game plan to the players he has. I don’t know. But after two head coaches with the same offensive philosophy, I just don’t see the pieces of a West Coast offense on that team. It seems to be the proverbial talented squad but not a good TEAM.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 10:14 AM   #24
GreenMonster
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Pretty good chance I would say. You would have to think Miami is the more appealing choice than Buffalo.

Exactly what I was thinking.. Hopefully Saban and a new QB will be a great thanksgiving treat.. This year I was only again treated to highlights of one of my favorites games, the Leon Lett Thanksgiving game.. Priceless..
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 10:27 AM   #25
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
I am curious about something with the Lions. I am assuming (yes I know what happens when you assume) that by calling for Mooch's job that you feel that Millen is not the problem. From a distance, it does not seem like the pieces fit together. If you have a coach that is a proponent of the West Coast Offense, why have three downfield type receivers a la Randy Moss instead of a receiver who runs precise shorter routes and is good at running after they catch the ball. How does Kevin Jones only have 18 receptions for the year? Is it because he can’t catch or he is not thrown the ball? Now maybe Millen expects his coach to adjust the philosophy and game plan to the players he has. I don’t know. But after two head coaches with the same offensive philosophy, I just don’t see the pieces of a West Coast offense on that team. It seems to be the proverbial talented squad but not a good TEAM.

An astute observation. The pieces don't fit together at all. Mooch has never really warmed up to Harrington. He appears to under utilize Kevin Jones, though after watching Jones get blown up enough times on pass protection pulling him out on 3rd downs seems justified. Still, Jones doesn't get enough carries in a game. He's always platooning with Bryson or Pinner. Just doesn't make sense. He was a first round pick for crssiakes.

The offense is just pathetic. The o-line certainly doesn't help matters. Jones is usually dodging people in the backfield and Harrington/Garcia always are facing a constant rush. I think the problem comes back to the ill-fit between the West Coast offense and these wideouts. No one fears the passing game. Defenses line-up to stop Kevin Jones, forcing the Lions to pass the ball. No one fears Harrington/Garcia and even the few instances they have the time to find an open guy and deliver the ball accurately, the WRs are rarely that open and then it's a toss-up as to whether they catch the ball. It's pretty telling that until his achilles injury Kevin Johnson was the team's leading receiver. He much more fits the West Coast mold than any of the "Three Divas."

Millen is certainly to blame. His tenure with the Lions has been pathetic. Thing is, Mooch has lost this team completely. It's total disarray. I would be happy to see 'em both go to be honest, but Mooch, at the very least, has to go.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 11:08 AM   #26
bronconick
College Starter

I'd love Millen to go. In fact, I'd want him fired first, then Mooch, because I don't want Millen picking another coach. The problem, of course, is the Ford's are such fucktards that they gave Millen a 5 year extension for putting together a team that won 10 games in 3 seasons, so he's a little expensive to fire currently.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 03:13 PM   #27
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick
I'd love Millen to go. In fact, I'd want him fired first, then Mooch, because I don't want Millen picking another coach. The problem, of course, is the Ford's are such fucktards that they gave Millen a 5 year extension for putting together a team that won 10 games in 3 seasons, so he's a little expensive to fire currently.

Word is, is that the extension is an 'at will' contract. If they fire him, they do not have to pay out the remaining years. This was a big topic a little while ago on Detroit Sports Talk Radio. Even though the contract is not guarenteed, it is very possible Millan will continue his role with the team until the contract ends. It will take a lot for Ford Sr. to fire him. Almost impossible for this to happen.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:03 AM   #28
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Lionstalk.com has the following: Drew Sharp of wxyt sports radio says Millen was ready to fire Mooch on Friday, got permission from the Fords to do it, and was just firming up Dick Jauron's end as 'interim' head coach. This is where it falls apart.

Jauron, knowing he is the only viable 'head coach' until the end of the year with Mooch gone, starts playing 'hard to get.' Apparently Jauron wanted the tag 'interim' taken off and some kind of 2-3 year contract extension. Millen balked at this so Mooch looks like he'll be head coach till the end of the year. Five more games to see if Mooch's 1980s version of the West Coast Offense can produce another TD. Too bad for Lion's fans, looked like it might at least be interesting with Jauron at helm.

Last edited by Bubba Wheels : 11-27-2005 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:35 PM   #29
miami_fan
Coordinator

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...ene&id=2239836

The wrong guy was handed a pink slip Monday and shoved out the fuselage door of Air Lions. Matt Millen ought to be the one hurtling earthward toward unemployment, not the guy he fired Monday morning, Steve Mariucci.

Do the Detroit Lions stink like diesel exhaust? Absolutely. They can clear out a stadium faster than a bomb scare. But if Lions ownership (Hello, anybody there?) can OK the canning of Mariucci, the least William Clay Ford could do is make it a package deal.

Ford knows all about deals. His car company is pushing the Keep It Simple promotion these days, "where everybody pays the same price," it says in the full-page newspaper ad. Perfect. Let's apply the same logic to Lions president and CEO Millen: He should pay the same price as Mariucci.

It isn't easy making a case for a Year 4 of the Mariucci regime. The Lions are 4-7 in the NFC's worst division, put up Honda Accord city gas mileage numbers in every meaningful NFL offensive ranking (25th in rushing yards per game, 26th in points per game, 27th in pass rating, 27th in total yards per game), and are fresh off a Thanksgiving Day loss so mind-numbingly dismal that Detroit fans began chanting, "Let's go Red Wings!"

Since his arrival in 2003, Mariucci has gone 5-11, 6-10, and now this. No playoff appearances. No nothing, but the occasional brown paper bag sightings at Ford Field.

"I believe that this was a roster capable of making a playoff run," said the suitably grave Millen at Monday's news conference. "And I still believe that. I still believe that. Quite frankly, we have not lived up to our expectations. I believe we've underachieved as a football team. And I also believe that we have not developed our younger players and that's bothersome, especially the way we had anticipated it going."

Let's be honest here: Was this roster really capable of a playoff run, or did everyone confuse potential with production? The offense looked good on a sheet of 8x10, but it also looked very young, and fragile, too.

Quarterback Joey Harrington is a wonderful guy, plays a nice piano, but it wasn't an accident that Millen brought in veteran Jeff Garcia as a 2005 insurance policy. Harrington, pulled from the Thanksgiving Day disaster, still plays as if they just handed him the playbook 30 minutes before kickoff. Is that Mariucci's fault? Harrington's fault? Or Millen's fault for drafting him in the first place?

Wide receiver Charles Rogers leads the league in Most Blue Cross Filings. Fellow wideout Roy Williams has shown moments of brilliance, but not enough of them. Running back Kevin Jones has done a second-season belly flop, though NFL Films isn't exactly cranking up the editing room for a special on the Lions offensive line. And receiver Mike Williams is still a work in progress.

Rather than assume his share of responsibility for the Lions' annual collision with icebergs, Millen fired his third head coach since assuming the job in 2001. With the exception of Los Angeles Clippers VP Elgin Baylor, I can't think of a front office executive who has won less and still kept his job. In fact, Millen recently received a contract extension, which is like giving an Oscar to Jackie Chan.

At what point does Millen start not living up to expectations? When exactly does he admit that he has underachieved? Under Millen's remarkable leadership the Lions are 20-55. The only thing they've changed is their uniforms. Otherwise, they remain eligible for federal disaster relief.

"Let me reiterate and say it's not a happy day," said Millen (duh). "Steve is, like I said, he's as good a person as I've been around. He's a close friend of mine and it bothers me."

Mariucci will be fine. He's a class guy, a U.P. guy, plus the Lions owe him the remainder of his $5 million salary this season and the combined $11.5 million they were going to pay him in '06 and '07. That should ease the hurt.

But Mariucci deserved better than an exit interview with five games still remaining in the season. Does anyone really think interim head coach Dick Jauron is going to make much of a difference? Not even Jauron, who joined the Lions because of Mariucci, is that naïve.

"We're not going to install much in a five-week period," said Jauron, when asked about the possibility of scheme overhauls. "You're not going to significantly change anything and hope they can function."

Jauron, the good soldier, will be gone soon enough, too. Or back to defensive coordinator under the next victim Millen hires.

"Some of you may ask, 'Why [fire Mariucci] now? Why not at the end of the season?' " said Millen. "To me, it's simple. We have five games left. We have five games left to develop our younger players. We have five games to prove we are who we think we are, especially with our younger players."

Actually, the question I'd like to ask Millen is this: Why are you still here?

Gene Wojciechowski is the senior national columnist for ESPN.com. You can contact him at [email protected].

So Millen is going to hire the next coach. How long does the next coach get? Millen is saying the roster is playoff ready. Does that mean the Lions should make the playoffs next year? And if they don't and Millen is fired, doesn't that put the coach on the hot seat since the new GM would want to bring in his own coach?
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:06 PM   #30
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...ene&id=2239836

The wrong guy was handed a pink slip Monday and shoved out the fuselage door of Air Lions. Matt Millen ought to be the one hurtling earthward toward unemployment, not the guy he fired Monday morning, Steve Mariucci.

Do the Detroit Lions stink like diesel exhaust? Absolutely. They can clear out a stadium faster than a bomb scare. But if Lions ownership (Hello, anybody there?) can OK the canning of Mariucci, the least William Clay Ford could do is make it a package deal.

Ford knows all about deals. His car company is pushing the Keep It Simple promotion these days, "where everybody pays the same price," it says in the full-page newspaper ad. Perfect. Let's apply the same logic to Lions president and CEO Millen: He should pay the same price as Mariucci.

It isn't easy making a case for a Year 4 of the Mariucci regime. The Lions are 4-7 in the NFC's worst division, put up Honda Accord city gas mileage numbers in every meaningful NFL offensive ranking (25th in rushing yards per game, 26th in points per game, 27th in pass rating, 27th in total yards per game), and are fresh off a Thanksgiving Day loss so mind-numbingly dismal that Detroit fans began chanting, "Let's go Red Wings!"

Since his arrival in 2003, Mariucci has gone 5-11, 6-10, and now this. No playoff appearances. No nothing, but the occasional brown paper bag sightings at Ford Field.

"I believe that this was a roster capable of making a playoff run," said the suitably grave Millen at Monday's news conference. "And I still believe that. I still believe that. Quite frankly, we have not lived up to our expectations. I believe we've underachieved as a football team. And I also believe that we have not developed our younger players and that's bothersome, especially the way we had anticipated it going."

Let's be honest here: Was this roster really capable of a playoff run, or did everyone confuse potential with production? The offense looked good on a sheet of 8x10, but it also looked very young, and fragile, too.

Quarterback Joey Harrington is a wonderful guy, plays a nice piano, but it wasn't an accident that Millen brought in veteran Jeff Garcia as a 2005 insurance policy. Harrington, pulled from the Thanksgiving Day disaster, still plays as if they just handed him the playbook 30 minutes before kickoff. Is that Mariucci's fault? Harrington's fault? Or Millen's fault for drafting him in the first place?

Wide receiver Charles Rogers leads the league in Most Blue Cross Filings. Fellow wideout Roy Williams has shown moments of brilliance, but not enough of them. Running back Kevin Jones has done a second-season belly flop, though NFL Films isn't exactly cranking up the editing room for a special on the Lions offensive line. And receiver Mike Williams is still a work in progress.

Rather than assume his share of responsibility for the Lions' annual collision with icebergs, Millen fired his third head coach since assuming the job in 2001. With the exception of Los Angeles Clippers VP Elgin Baylor, I can't think of a front office executive who has won less and still kept his job. In fact, Millen recently received a contract extension, which is like giving an Oscar to Jackie Chan.

At what point does Millen start not living up to expectations? When exactly does he admit that he has underachieved? Under Millen's remarkable leadership the Lions are 20-55. The only thing they've changed is their uniforms. Otherwise, they remain eligible for federal disaster relief.

"Let me reiterate and say it's not a happy day," said Millen (duh). "Steve is, like I said, he's as good a person as I've been around. He's a close friend of mine and it bothers me."

Mariucci will be fine. He's a class guy, a U.P. guy, plus the Lions owe him the remainder of his $5 million salary this season and the combined $11.5 million they were going to pay him in '06 and '07. That should ease the hurt.

But Mariucci deserved better than an exit interview with five games still remaining in the season. Does anyone really think interim head coach Dick Jauron is going to make much of a difference? Not even Jauron, who joined the Lions because of Mariucci, is that naïve.

"We're not going to install much in a five-week period," said Jauron, when asked about the possibility of scheme overhauls. "You're not going to significantly change anything and hope they can function."

Jauron, the good soldier, will be gone soon enough, too. Or back to defensive coordinator under the next victim Millen hires.

"Some of you may ask, 'Why [fire Mariucci] now? Why not at the end of the season?' " said Millen. "To me, it's simple. We have five games left. We have five games left to develop our younger players. We have five games to prove we are who we think we are, especially with our younger players."

Actually, the question I'd like to ask Millen is this: Why are you still here?

Gene Wojciechowski is the senior national columnist for ESPN.com. You can contact him at [email protected].

So Millen is going to hire the next coach. How long does the next coach get? Millen is saying the roster is playoff ready. Does that mean the Lions should make the playoffs next year? And if they don't and Millen is fired, doesn't that put the coach on the hot seat since the new GM would want to bring in his own coach?

While I agree that Millen should get the boot, I find this column to be pretty pathetic and lame.

The next coach will get about 2.5 - 3 years. Millen just signed a 5 year extension earlier this year. It was stupid, yes. But if the new coach is struggling, he will get fired at around the same time Mooch did in his tenure and Millen will either resign or get fired as well.

That's how see it anyways.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:09 PM   #31
Schmidty
Coordinator

"The bar, is HIGH...."
Old 11-28-2005, 08:22 PM   #32
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
While I agree that Millen should get the boot, I find this column to be pretty pathetic and lame.

The next coach will get about 2.5 - 3 years. Millen just signed a 5 year extension earlier this year. It was stupid, yes. But if the new coach is struggling, he will get fired at around the same time Mooch did in his tenure and Millen will either resign or get fired as well.

That's how see it anyways.

Agreed. Ford loves Millen. Doubtful Millen is going anywhere.