Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-27-2005, 10:20 AM   #1
ShovelMonkey
H.S. Freshman Team

Trade-In Value for PS2 Games @ EB

I took ten games today down to EB to trade them in. Granted most of them were older sports titles (Madden 01-05, NCAA 02-04) but they also included State of Emergency, Gran Tourismo 3, and Tony Hawk Pro Skater.

They told me they'd give me $2.75! Damn! I told them no thanks. Are they ripping me off or is that what to expect?

ShovelMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:36 AM   #2
GreenMonster
High School Varsity

How much would you be willing to pay for Madden 01 or NCAA 02... ?
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 10:41 AM   #3
Joe
Pro Starter

yeah that's a ripoff. you could probably get like $3.50 for them on ebay.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:01 AM   #4
Dutch
"Dutch"

If that. PS2 games devalue faster than Hyundai's.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:02 AM   #5
Celeval
Pro Starter

Yeah - the sports titles that aren't current essentially are worthless on tradein. Ditto for the games that have been re-released as 'classic' types.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:32 AM   #6
samifan24
Pro Starter

I had a frustrating experience with EB yesterday as well. I bought a PO Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 for Xbox for $16. I got home and decided I didn't like it so I "traded it in" at a different store for $6. I bought a PO Project Gotham Racing 2 for Xbox for something like $3 after the trade-in. I get home and PGR2 doesn't work! There's a chip in the disc! I called the store closest to my house (where I bought BIA) and they don't have a copy of PGR2. I'm left with a disc which won't run and can only get something like $3 back if I trade it in. This experience was so frustrating that I won't buy PO games from them again!
Old 11-27-2005, 11:36 AM   #7
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

ebay them or craigslist them - you'll get far more for them.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:39 AM   #8
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

You should be able to take broken games back to the store and at least get store credit. Hope you kept the receipt!
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:59 AM   #9
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo
You should be able to take broken games back to the store and at least get store credit. Hope you kept the receipt!

Yes I have the receipt but they can only give me the trade-in value of the game because they don't have the same game to do an even exchange.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:28 PM   #10
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That's not how our EBGames works. They're pretty good about accomodating you if you get a bad game (provided you have a receipt). Guess you have a jerk running yours

As for the trade-in value, I'm pretty sure any sports games get you $0 unless it's that year.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-27-2005 at 12:28 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 03:51 PM   #11
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

If it was not in working condition when you brought it home, you should be able to get a refund. That's how our eb works.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 06:03 AM   #12
wade moore
lolzcat

That's how EB works period. If the guy is telling you differently, you need to ask for a manager. They have a guarantee for those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:58 AM   #13
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I think there's also an option to buy their "insurance" in case anything happens beyond a certain period (like 10 days or something).
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:07 AM   #14
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I think there's also an option to buy their "insurance" in case anything happens beyond a certain period (like 10 days or something).

Ironically enough I did that on the first game I purchased from them but later traded in the same day. I did not buy it on PGR2 so it looks like I've got 8 days to return it.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:37 AM   #15
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I thought sometimes that EB runs specials where you get X off with any 2 trades ins (including sports titles). I saw that when I ordered Fable..
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote