Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-09-2005, 01:59 AM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

WWE- Batista to miss up to six months with injury

OW. So much for BFD's title reign:

From PWTorch's Insider.

WWE World champion Batista suffered a muscle tear in his back at tonight's Smackdown taping in Indiana. During a show closing angle, Batista was hit with a double chokeslam. When Randy Orton came down to the ring for their post-taping dark match, Batista was still down and remained on the mat for some time. They did a quick three minute match which featured Orton on offense followed by a quick spinebuster for the pin.

When Batista returned to the locker room, it was said that he had obviously torn his latissimus dorsi, a muscle on the upper back that connects under each arm. The muscle was said to have appeared to have rolled up. Batista was in a lot of pain. WWE was making arrangements to have him checked out tomorrow, presumably by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Alabama, who has treated major injuries for a number of WWE stars.

SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:04 AM   #2
JeffNights
College Prospect

Randy Orton is up next fort a title reign. A little sooner than expected of course, but it was still going to happen.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:59 AM   #3
RebelMan
Mascot

Who takes over now? Is it going to be Castro?
RebelMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:18 AM   #4
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

It was a nice run for the first ever Filipino WWE champ.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:57 AM   #5
Flasch186
Coordinator

Has it gotten better, the shows, since about 5 months ago. I tried again, but had to quit when I saw Carlitos crap and HHH looking like an overweight rick Flair. Boy was gravity wreaking havoc on him in that homecoming thing.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:05 AM   #6
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

My wife will be sooo unhappy to hear this.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:25 AM   #7
General Mike
Pro Starter

In other news, Jay Reso AKA Christian signed with TNA.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:47 PM   #8
Schmidty
Coordinator

Not to say that I'm happy he's hurt, but I will say that I'm happy he'll be gone for so long. He's the second most boring wrestler in the WWE. If I told you who I think the most boring is, you'd all jump down my throat.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:47 PM   #9
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
Has it gotten better, the shows, since about 5 months ago. I tried again, but had to quit when I saw Carlitos crap and HHH looking like an overweight rick Flair. Boy was gravity wreaking havoc on him in that homecoming thing.

I don't watch WWE anymore either. Their PPVs sometimes. It just seems like they don't even want to improve their shows.

I watch TNA, which gives me the wrestling I want.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:48 PM   #10
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Not to say that I'm happy he's hurt, but I will say that I'm happy he'll be gone for so long. He's the second most boring wrestler in the WWE. If I told you who I think the most boring is, you'd all jump down my throat.

If you say Kurt Angle, yes I will.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:53 PM   #11
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
If you say Kurt Angle, yes I will.

Nah, I like him. Actually, I generally like the over-the-top performers with at a least a LITTLE personality. I'll just say it: I despise Chris Benoit. I've despised his boring, one-dimensional personality and wrestling since I first saw him in the WCW back in the 90's. Since I always Tivo Raw and Smackdown, I just fast-forward through his matches and interviews.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:55 PM   #12
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dean Malenko was another boring wrestling, but at least his finishing move (Texas Cloverleaf) was cool.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:55 PM   #13
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Nah, I like him. Actually, I generally like the over-the-top performers with at a least a LITTLE personality. I'll just say it: I despise Chris Benoit. I've despised his boring, one-dimensional personality and wrestling since I first saw him in the WCW back in the 90's. Since I always Tivo Raw and Smackdown, I just fast-forward through his matches and interviews.
I like Benoit (esp. as a heel. not so much as a face). But now that you mention it, I can see how he is somewhat one-dimensional. I just happen to really like the dimension.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 11-09-2005 at 01:57 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:57 PM   #14
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Dean Malenko was another boring wrestling, but at least his finishing move (Texas Cloverleaf) was cool.

Yeah, I think he was even more boring than Benoit. I think they even were in a tag team together called "Catatonic".
Old 11-09-2005, 02:02 PM   #15
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
I like Benoit (esp. as a heel. not so much as a face). But now that you mention it, I can see how he is somewhat one-dimensional. I just happen to really like the dimension.

That's cool. I guess I understand liking Benoit, since for some reason I used to like Goldberg back in the days when he was on that "streak" where he'd come in, spear the guy, and win in 15 seconds. That was extremely one-dimensional and boring when I look back on it.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #16
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
That's cool. I guess I understand liking Benoit, since for some reason I used to like Goldberg back in the days when he was on that "streak" where he'd come in, spear the guy, and win in 15 seconds. That was extremely one-dimensional and boring when I look back on it.
Or even a decade earlier when The Ultimate Warrior did the same thing.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:25 PM   #17
Travis
Pro Rookie

Well, if you call it one dimensional when the guy is one of the best technical wrestlers in the company (Benoit/Malenko) but horrid on the mic (as they are/were), then I can agree. But when it comes to putting on matches (the reason I watch), give me Benoit vs Angle and I'm happy. Throw Triple H in the ring vs Austin, and while they both have way more charisma and mic skills, their match just wouldn't compare. That said, if I happen to see wrestling on TV, the only time I'll keep it on is if I see two guys in the ring who know how to put on a match.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote