Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-03-2005, 01:03 PM   #1
Icy
Pro Starter

Too much info ruins gameplaying experience

A guy posted this at SI forums and i fully agree with him. It happends to me a lot of times and i bet it happends to other text simmers too. A new game is released, i start to play it and enjoy it a lot. Then one day i go to visit the game forums and there i read about all the bugs, about how bad is the game etc and then i start to doubt if the game is that good, if i'm winning/lossing because bug not because my skills, or i read that the game with crash after 200 seasons (that i won't ever play) etc etc and sometimes that makes me to play another game and wait for that patches that fixes bugs i never noticed before or that won't ever affect me, instead of enjoying the game as i was doing.

Of course i'm not talking about big bugs or crashes that make a game umplayable but about that minor bugs that are anyoning once you know about them, but that you never found by yourself. I guess some of us are always waiting the perfection in the sims, and as perfection is not reachable, we get frustrated.

FROM SI FORUMS:

Quote:
Hate to say it, but it's appropriate:

Ignorance is bliss.

I started playing during the tail end of CM03/04, when all patches have been released and FM2005 was being developed. Before I ventured into the BBS, I was totally floored by the awesomeness that is CM. I was having the time of my life. I have never found any other game that comes close to the addictiveness that CM has come to represent.

When I stumbled into these pages, I was horrified to learn that the game I loved to death was full of insane bugs! What game allows super tactics that had the player winning every game at will? What kind of game had hidden players with super stats that costs only a penny? Terrible youth development! No proper reserve action! Bug-ridden leagues! Unplayable!

I was at a point where I wanted to give up. But a friend of mind came up to me and said "What if you didn't know of these problems before? Did you care?" So I thought a bit, and then I figured that it doesn't matter. It was a very good game. I was still having a ball. So when FM2005 came up, these EXACT SAME COMMENTS that we're witnessing with FM2006 right now came up. Everyday after the launch date, and continued up to when SI announced that FM2006 was coming out.

So, don't fret it. If you're enjoying what you have right now, then continue having fun! When the next version comes out, if you decide you want all that additional stuff that comes with it, then go ahead and buy. NO ONE IS FORCING ANYONE TO BUY THE GAME! Have fun!

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote