Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-17-2005, 09:07 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

City Of Villains opens beta testing to Preorders

And absolutely positively gets NUKED off the net.

Wow.

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 09:07 PM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Oh, if you preordered, check your email
Old 10-17-2005, 10:05 PM   #3
Lorena
Unregistered

Apparently, you *have to* create a message board account and like you mentioned, the website is locked. Everyone and their grandma is trying to get an acct... I'll wait a few days.

Thx for the heads up Fozz.

BTW, what server are you on and who are you?

Last edited by Lorena : 10-17-2005 at 10:07 PM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:08 PM   #4
Antmeister
Pro Starter

I didn't even know SirFozzie played unless you are some top secret insider for NCSoft.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:22 PM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I was the first one on CoH a while ago, I play various characters and various styles, I'm an altaholic, but usually you can find me on Virtue.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:14 AM   #6
SackAttack
Head Coach

Foz, I sincerely hope that article I was promised "tomorrow" a week ago is nearly ready.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:23 AM   #7
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

what the hell are you talking about? I sent it to you a week ago..? Catch me on IM.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:41 AM   #8
Thomkal
Head Coach

I've been in the COV beta since the beginning. Or well I would be if a problem with a patch prevented me from continuing the download of it, and being on a 56K modem made me not want to download the whole nearly 2 gig file again. (If anyone wants to send me a CD/DVD of the file, PM me. )

I didn't get very far in the beta before I stopped being able to play (right before they started testing the whole base raiding stuff), but I'll be glad to answer any questions I can.

My impressions are that it does a few things new, some which sound good on the surface. (the "broker" newspaper missions for instance). Many of the villains groups from COH reappear (with a couple new ones) as do many of the mission maps, (with a couple new ones). This led to it becoming a bit boring and repetitive fairly quickly, just like COH.

The city zones have been improved, though they are mostly still grey square buildings. But there have been some changes in architecture, and the city is more spread out rather than the "cookie cutter" city blocks of COH. I only played a plant "controller" and got to level 8 with him before I had to stop (testing hours were very small each day), so can't comment too much on powers, though the mastermind's minions looked cool and fun to play.

With there being no extra cost/month to play COV (if you have a COH account), its a no brainer to play COV too despite my misgivings. It has its disappointments like COH, but the attractions of playing superheroes/villains is enough to overcome them.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:15 AM   #9
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
what the hell are you talking about? I sent it to you a week ago..? Catch me on IM.

You're s'posed to use Little Piggy, Foz. That's what it's there for.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:23 AM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Alright. Will use the Piggy when I get home then.