Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-14-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
Huckleberry
College Starter

Ping: Big 12 fans re: tickets

Does anyone have Big 12 Championship Game tickets they don't want that I can purchase?

I know that there have been a few seasons here lately where I had some I wanted to unload at about this point in the year.

I'm going to order some tonight if not, so it's no big deal. Only problem is that it's already down to the nosebleeds at this point.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings

Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:44 PM   #2
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry
Does anyone have Big 12 Championship Game tickets they don't want that I can purchase?

I know that there have been a few seasons here lately where I had some I wanted to unload at about this point in the year.

I'm going to order some tonight if not, so it's no big deal. Only problem is that it's already down to the nosebleeds at this point.

Not that I am one to beleive these sorts of things, but isn't even asking this question creating the potential for a huge huge jinx.

Maybe you should have created a log-in like "TexasTech#1" and asked through that.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:48 PM   #3
Huckleberry
College Starter

Reasonable point. I should mention at this point that I'm only asking for my sister-in-law, who goes to Tech, and TroyF, who supports Colorado.

I plan on charging them large convenience fees.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:50 PM   #4
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry
Reasonable point. I should mention at this point that I'm only asking for my sister-in-law, who goes to Tech, and TroyF, who supports Colorado.

I plan on charging them large convenience fees.

Well played, sir.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:19 PM   #5
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Can you order them through your school or what?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:30 PM   #6
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
There are a bunch on eBay, for anywhere from $100 to $250 a seat. There really aren't any bad seats at Reliant Stadium.

FWIW, I got tickets to the Big 12 championship game in 2001 in the eBay firesale that happened after Oklahoma and Nebraska both lost on the final weekend. There was a wholesale changeover to Texas and Colorado fans. But UT fans won the purchasing battle, because 95% of Texas Stadium was burnt orange that game.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:28 PM   #7
sooner333
College Starter

Well, first of all if Colorado goes, you'll be sorry you purchased tickets. When OU played CU tickets were literally sitting outside the stadium for the taking. Also, anytime I hear about getting tickets at the Big 12 game, I hear that the resell is bad enough to just not even buy any beforehand. I do understand wanting to get tickets before just to be safe, but I just thought I would mention that before you go out and spend too much.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:38 PM   #8
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333
Well, first of all if Colorado goes, you'll be sorry you purchased tickets. When OU played CU tickets were literally sitting outside the stadium for the taking. Also, anytime I hear about getting tickets at the Big 12 game, I hear that the resell is bad enough to just not even buy any beforehand. I do understand wanting to get tickets before just to be safe, but I just thought I would mention that before you go out and spend too much.

I was at the OU/CU game in 2002. You are correct.

However, if by some miracle Texas shows up at the Big 12 Championship game a short 2-1/2 hour drive away from Austin and with an undefeated record I assure you tickets will be harder to come by and more expensive than they were in 2002. If there's one constant with Texas fans it's that we want to believe even when it makes no sense to believe. So when it does make a little sense, watch out.