Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2005, 07:48 PM   #1
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Wink So I played the Call of Duty 2 Demo....

I recently palyed the Call of Duty 2 Demo and Im impressed. The graphics are a bit more refined and the gameplay and fights rock!!!
You start of on a British assault on one of the ports during the African Campaign . Its a street to street fight and gets pretty hectic at times. As for squad tactics....well its not Brothers in Arms. What I mean is you arent in control of anyone else but yourself. They are still scripted and its sitill pretty linear. Otherwise it was fun, but it still plays like the first game. I dont know if its a first day buy for me but if the price is low enough....

CHEMICAL SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:39 PM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

how is Brothers in Arms Chemical?? I almost picked it up the other day but I wanted to read reviews. So I might as well ask someone who has actually played it, it did look pretty damn sweet to me.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:52 PM   #3
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
how is Brothers in Arms Chemical?? I almost picked it up the other day but I wanted to read reviews. So I might as well ask someone who has actually played it, it did look pretty damn sweet to me.
Well it all depends on what your game preference is.
Here's the basic rundown on bia.

Most of the gameplay in BIA is based on suppressing the enemy and flanking his position and taking him out.
In BIA youre basically in charge of 4-8 men divided into 2 teams.
1. Assault team which has auto weapons and grenades. used to flank an enemy position
2. Supression team which is used to suppress the enemy while you and tHe assault team flank the enemy.
3. You: Are the squad leader and you issue orders and flank the enemy to make the kill.

What I love about BIA (earned in blood)is that the enemy will actually adapt to your moves and try to counter your flanking movements.
Im sure ive forgotten a few things, If you have anymore questions just ask.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:54 PM   #4
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Well it all depends on what your game preference is.
Here's the basic rundown on bia.

Most of the gameplay in BIA is based on suppressing the enemy and flanking his position and taking him out.
In BIA youre basically in charge of 4-8 men divided into 2 teams.
1. Assault team which has auto weapons and grenades. used to flank an enemy position
2. Supression team which is used to suppress the enemy while you and tHe assault team flank the enemy.
3. You: Are the squad leader and you issue orders and flank the enemy to make the kill.

What I love about BIA (earned in blood)is that the enemy will actually adapt to your moves and try to counter your flanking movements.
Im sure ive forgotten a few things, If you have anymore questions just ask.

well that sounds sweet. more realistic than CoD, although CoD had its moments. I have a ton of money on a target gift card, so maybe i'll pick up BiA. just wanted to make sure it wasn't total rubbish
Old 10-13-2005, 08:55 PM   #5
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Dola: Oh the game's learning curve is a little on the high side (mainly remembering the buttons to press), but manageable and most of you kills will be made with the aim /sights instead of fire from the hip. Its pretty authentic too as ou will have to adjust your aim after firing due to recoil and weight of the weapon.
edit: The game can get frustrating at times, and will make you bang on the keyboard but its still fun.
There is some issue with the frame rate slowing down at times, I think it's because of the Unreal 3? engine and all the detail and movements and calculations of the AI. takes the fun out of the gameplay sometimes but its still manageable.
Oh and I failed to mention that you can command a tank or 2 during some of the missions.

Last edited by CHEMICAL SOLDIER : 10-13-2005 at 09:00 PM.
CHEMICAL SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:58 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Dola: Oh the game's learning curve is a little on the high side (mainly remembering the buttons to press), but manageable and most of you kills will be made with the aim /sights instead of fire from the hip. Its pretty authentic too as ou will have to adjust your aim after firing due to recoil and weight of the weapon.

good. stuff like recoil and weapon weight adjustment is the kind of realism i want in my FPS games. I want to really feel like i'm THERE.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:16 PM   #7
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Honestky though after playing both Brithers In Arms the rest of the WWII FPS just seem lame and ''scripted.'' I love CoD's chaos and presentation, but as far as authenticity goes its like the madden franchise compared vs. FOF /tcy series.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:33 PM   #8
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well fuck me. that just convinced me to become a BiA disciple at the earliest possible time. Thanks for that comparision!