Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-08-2003, 10:36 PM   #1
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Two similar plane crashes. What is going on?

A plane crashed in Toledo earlier in the day.

http://www.nbc24.com/Global/story.as...9&nav=1aI4F6oE

And tonight in Saint Louis the same type of plane (and speculation is the same company's plane) crashed in Saint Louis with two arabs on board.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=38559

Now this is just a really strange coinincidence or something more sinister. The fact that the FBI just called a press conference to aviod speculation makes me all the more cynical.

I am sure there will be more to come on this.

panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 10:46 PM   #2
mrskippy
Banned

Insurance fraud!!!
mrskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 10:53 PM   #3
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

A follow-up on the local news. It was the same companie's plane and the two men in Saint Louis have Muslim sounding names. (The ones in Ohio did not) I know that this may be some type of zenophobia, but I think two plane crashes from the same company, on the same day, with Arab individuals on board is news. And the FBI guy on TV was acting like it wasn't a big deal that the guys were Arab. "No, that isn't a part of our investigation right now" Well than why the hell the FBI and not just the NTSB?

Tomorrow morning I may be proven way off base, but this smells fishy.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:53 PM   #4
mckerney
Coordinator

Both cases are somewhat similar, yes. But I don't really see what more there would be in this. Both crashed in an area where they didn't do much if any damage, the only people onboard were pilots.

Other than the same mechanical problem with the plane occuring showing a problem with that specific kind of plane, I don't really see what it could be that you think is 'going on'.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 10:56 PM   #5
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
Both cases are somewhat similar, yes. But I don't really see what more there would be in this. Both crashed in an area where they didn't do much if any damage, the only people onboard were pilots.

Other than the same mechanical problem with the plane occuring showing a problem with that specific kind of plane, I don't really see what it could be that you think is 'going on'.

Like I said in my previous post, it may make me racist, but I wouldn't think the percentage of Arab pilots is that high. And where they crashed is pretty damn close to a high density population part of Saint Louis. You may be right that they hit the water to aviod causing any damage. I don't know if I believe that.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:00 PM   #6
mckerney
Coordinator

Close to a high density population, that just happened to be near the runway.

The possability of it being terrorism doesn't really add up to me right now because nothing was destroyed, nothing seems to have been attacked.

Also, if Al-Queda were to try and instill terror by crashing small planes into the ground without destroying anything, I'd think they'd chose bigger targets than the Toledo and St. Louis area. Nothing against those locations, but I doubt they're real high on places for terrorist organizations to attack.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:11 PM   #7
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
Close to a high density population, that just happened to be near the runway.

The possability of it being terrorism doesn't really add up to me right now because nothing was destroyed, nothing seems to have been attacked.

Also, if Al-Queda were to try and instill terror by crashing small planes into the ground without destroying anything, I'd think they'd chose bigger targets than the Toledo and St. Louis area. Nothing against those locations, but I doubt they're real high on places for terrorist organizations to attack.

OK, let me start out by saying that I am one of a small minority here in Saint Louis who realizes the world doesn't revolve around us. There are people in town who think the Arch would be one of the top targets to strike terror into the heart of the country. I would name about 1000 places that terrorists would much rather strike than St. Louis.

But this is'nt about Saint Louis. It is about the odds of two planes from the same company crashing on the same day. I would love some statisitics on this. And while it probably will end up not being terrorism, I would think there is a relativly good chance that it is not just random either.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:16 PM   #8
mckerney
Coordinator

As I may have stated before, I obviously have no real idea of what happened, but if I had to make my guess I'd say mechanical problem that happened in both planes, may happen in other planes the company due to negligence or an engineering mistake or whatnot.

Or hell, it could just be a coincidence. I'm sure the odds aren't too good, but people told me I'd never win the lottery. Granted, I didn't win, but someone else did, and I think that might go way to show that it could happen to be coincidence, I think.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:07 AM   #9
mrskippy
Banned

As I said, insurance fraud. The FBI certainly would be invovled in that case.

But actually the FBI is there ... just in case.
mrskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 01:46 AM   #10
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I can't see there being much more than coincidence here. Unless there is something found to be on board the planes that would make them a 'dirty bomb'. Personally I would encourage more terrorists to crash planes into a vacant area killing only themselves. They could also try this out with car bombs. Take one out to a remote location and blow themselves up.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 05:56 AM   #11
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
the spokesman for the Colossal Squid would like to say that he has no connection to the rash of air incidents and his hear goes out to the victims and their families.