Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-15-2005, 11:36 PM   #1
Galaxy
Coordinator

Any business owners here?

Just wondering if we have an business owners on the forum.

Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 12:09 AM   #2
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy

I think one of the guys who pops in from time to time has a business making football sims or something.

not sure though.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:35 PM   #3
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
I think one of the guys who pops in from time to time has a business making football sims or something.

not sure though.

I know. I meant outside of Jim and Arles, the "customers" of the forum.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:51 PM   #4
Subby
lolzcat

I think JiMGa owns his own business.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:56 PM   #5
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I've started up a few businesses. What info are you looking for?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:56 PM   #6
sabotai
General Manager

I don't, but my dad does (and me and my mom work for him).
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:16 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I do.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-16-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:19 PM   #8
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
I don't, but my dad does (and me and my mom work for him).

as soon as I read this, the lyrics to FoW's "Hackensack" popped into my head.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:28 PM   #9
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Not my thread, but I have a question that maybe someone here would know. How hard is it to get a Small Business loan, and what percentage of capital are you required to have personally?

Homer: Who-hoo! Four day weekend!!
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:31 PM   #10
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm in a home-based business. I get 5 cents for every beer I drink. It's pretty profitable.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:58 PM   #11
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I'm in a home-based business. I get 5 cents for every beer I drink. It's pretty profitable.

Dude, you need to get to Michigan. I have this mail truck...
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:08 PM   #12
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Galaxy: {raises hand} Guilty.

HomerJ: no idea, sorry I can't be more helpful on that question.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:07 PM   #13
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson
Not my thread, but I have a question that maybe someone here would know. How hard is it to get a Small Business loan, and what percentage of capital are you required to have personally?

If you're talking about an SBA loan, its pretty simple. In most cases all you need is 25% of the total value of the loan as collateral...cash, property, other assets, etc. The other 75% will be guaranteed by the government, so the bank making the loan has very little risk on its hands.

EDIT: What state are you actually located in? While many banks are SBA lenders, its best to go to a preferred lender. That status allows them to process loans much quicker would probably be easier to get the loan from.

(P.S. I've been a college graduate for like 4 months, and at my job for almost 3. It's weird to actually know what I'm talking about. )

Last edited by Logan : 09-16-2005 at 05:10 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:14 PM   #14
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
If you're talking about an SBA loan, its pretty simple. In most cases all you need is 25% of the total value of the loan as collateral...cash, property, other assets, etc. The other 75% will be guaranteed by the government, so the bank making the loan has very little risk on its hands.

EDIT: What state are you actually located in? While many banks are SBA lenders, its best to go to a preferred lender. That status allows them to process loans much quicker would probably be easier to get the loan from.

(P.S. I've been a college graduate for like 4 months, and at my job for almost 3. It's weird to actually know what I'm talking about. )

It's for a friend. He lives in Florida. So, 25% collateral on the loan. That makes sense.

Old 09-16-2005, 05:14 PM   #15
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy

Guilty as charged.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:18 PM   #16
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
It's for a friend. He lives in Florida. So, 25% collateral on the loan. That makes sense.

Refer him to this site. It has a ton of info as far as what paperwork he needs to provide.

http://www.sba.gov/starting_business/index.html
Old 09-16-2005, 05:21 PM   #17
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Refer him to this site. It has a ton of info as far as what paperwork he needs to provide.

http://www.sba.gov/starting_business/index.html

Here's another question...would you recommend hiring someone to do the business plan? How much would that cost?

Old 09-16-2005, 05:39 PM   #18
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Here's another question...would you recommend hiring someone to do the business plan? How much would that cost?

Depends a lot on the complexity of your proposed business really and your personal strengths weaknesses (ie. if you hate writing then it might be a good idea to get assistance with it) - incidentally there are some pretty decent books around to help you if you decide to write your own.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 09-16-2005 at 05:42 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:46 PM   #19
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

Sorry, can't help you too much with the specifics. I don't actually work at a bank...I work for the federal agency that regulates the national banks, so I just started learning about this program because of the bank I'm doing work at right now.

But from what I heard, it is very simple to get a loan, provided you show a basic capacity to earn and provide the right paperwork. Mostly past tax returns, personal information...that kinda stuff so they can do a background check.

Sorry I can't help you more, but a better next step for him would be to look at the banks in his area (not necessary to use a bank where he has already conducted his business) and find out who participates in the program, and who is a preferred lender. They should be able to help him more.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:27 PM   #20
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Sorry, can't help you too much with the specifics. I don't actually work at a bank...I work for the federal agency that regulates the national banks, so I just started learning about this program because of the bank I'm doing work at right now.

But from what I heard, it is very simple to get a loan, provided you show a basic capacity to earn and provide the right paperwork. Mostly past tax returns, personal information...that kinda stuff so they can do a background check.

Sorry I can't help you more, but a better next step for him would be to look at the banks in his area (not necessary to use a bank where he has already conducted his business) and find out who participates in the program, and who is a preferred lender. They should be able to help him more.

Thanks. He has a friend down there in banking, and I told him that he was the one he needed to talk to. I think he has since I last discussed it wth, but I haven't heard more yet.

Old 09-17-2005, 06:45 AM   #21
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

If he has not really thought through the concepts and where the money is going to come from, meeting with a lender should get him all straightened out. My understanding is that they will quickly try to sort out the contender from the pretender. They will also try to offer as much guidance and advice as they can to the pretender, so that next time they come in they will be ready to rock.

Last edited by Tekneek : 09-17-2005 at 06:47 AM.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote