Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-04-2003, 09:38 PM   #1
couriers

Scare Tactics

These pranks are so wrong on so many levels that they could become classics in no time.

SciFi Channel Scare Tactics

Old 04-04-2003, 10:00 PM   #2
dacman
College Benchwarmer

These pranks are so wrong on so many levels that they could become major lawsuits in no time.

Last edited by dacman : 04-04-2003 at 10:00 PM.
dacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 10:10 PM   #3
couriers

Quote:
Originally posted by dacman
These pranks are so wrong on so many levels that they could become major lawsuits in no time.

Well considering all the stupid stuff that people are suing over these days I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:15 PM   #4
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Should be a good show. They scared me just by showing me the host!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 10:21 PM   #5
tucker342
Pro Starter

You know that someone is going to sue over that.......
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 10:25 PM   #6
TroyF
Coordinator

To late guys:

***The show filmed several versions of the same situation with different participants in order to choose the most "frightened" response. But one "unwitting victim" was so distraught by her experience that she is now suing the show and its creators. According to papers filed in L.A. Superior Court, the participant is claiming the prank caused "negligent infliction of emotional distress" and resulted in "severe physical and emotional injuries and damages."

link: http://www.etonline.com/television/a14722.htm

TroyF

Last edited by TroyF : 04-04-2003 at 10:27 PM.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 10:30 PM   #7
couriers

Does anyone remember when people had to actually work to get money back in the day?
Old 04-05-2003, 12:27 PM   #8
sabotai
General Manager

Shannon Doherty is the worst part of this show. Whenever she comes on, so does mute...
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 01:04 PM   #9
tucker342
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by TroyF
To late guys:

***The show filmed several versions of the same situation with different participants in order to choose the most "frightened" response. But one "unwitting victim" was so distraught by her experience that she is now suing the show and its creators. According to papers filed in L.A. Superior Court, the participant is claiming the prank caused "negligent infliction of emotional distress" and resulted in "severe physical and emotional injuries and damages."

link: http://www.etonline.com/television/a14722.htm

TroyF

that didn't take long....

Quote:
Does anyone remember when people had to actually work to get money back in the day?

Wait, work to get money? WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 02:23 PM   #10
couriers

A couple of questions for the lawyers in the crowd:

Is it possible that the friends and relatives are actually the ones playing the pranks and not the programs staff? Since the program doesn't seek out the victims could it be possible that a release was signed stating that the program was not responsible for the prank but that they were rather just accomplices or suppliers of material for the prank? If this were the case then wouldn't the victims have to sue their friends and relatives as the primary defendants in order to win a lawsuit?

Also, if I were to purchase a bunch of cement from Home Depot and then built a swimming pool in my mother’s backyard, which she ended up not wanted, could she sue Home Depot for supplying me with the cement?

Or, if I were to buy a gun from a gun shop and shoot my mother in the leg could she sue the gun shot for supplying the gun?

Thanks.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:23 PM   #11
sabotai
General Manager

I get the feeling that couriers main question was the last one. You shouldn't treat you mother like that, couriers.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 03:27 PM   #12
couriers

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
I get the feeling that couriers main question was the last one. You shouldn't treat you mother like that, couriers.

Damn, and I really wanted to for years now.