Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-04-2003, 02:45 PM   #1
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

OOTP Question

Well, OOTP5 is an improvement over v4.0, but not enough of an improvement to keep me really interested for all that long in the solo play aspect.

I thought maybe an empty cupboard challenge might be a challenge.

Has anybody tried this? How did it work out? My thoughts were to just let the computer do the dispersal draft, then I can release all my players, fill my A ball team so I have players I can field, and build from there.

Also, has anybody used the function that starts the game with no players, and then fill one of the minor league levels for each team, and go from there? How does that work?

I'd be interested in hearing anything you guys have done which is different from the normal real rosters, or fictional league.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."

Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 02:52 PM   #2
Drake
assmaster

What is OOTP5?
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 03:01 PM   #3
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

It is a fancy assed calculator for baseball statistics.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 04-04-2003, 10:07 PM   #4
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

If I assume you are saying that you need more of a challenge, then just play with a simple house rule: have a team cap that is about 80% of the top payroll in your league while the league has no cap. I've managed to eliminate most of the previous house rules but this one alone makes for a great challenge, even playing with historical rosters. I am finding that OOTP5 is much more of a sustained challenge than OOTP4 ever was, which was about the only thing I really wanted.
Anrhydeddu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 10:12 PM   #5
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake
What is OOTP5?

Rookie
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 10:15 PM   #6
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Anrhydeddu
If I assume you are saying that you need more of a challenge, then just play with a simple house rule: have a team cap that is about 80% of the top payroll in your league while the league has no cap. I've managed to eliminate most of the previous house rules but this one alone makes for a great challenge, even playing with historical rosters. I am finding that OOTP5 is much more of a sustained challenge than OOTP4 ever was, which was about the only thing I really wanted.

Good advice, I am sure, but I am not so much looking for a 'challenge' as something different than the same old, same old process of OOTP.

Old 04-04-2003, 10:27 PM   #7
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

Start with the 1990 NY Yankees and see if you can build up that dynasty, with the cap rules of course.
Anrhydeddu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 10:32 PM   #8
tucker342
Pro Starter

Re: OOTP Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Marmel

Also, has anybody used the function that starts the game with no players, and then fill one of the minor league levels for each team, and go from there? How does that work?

Ya I tried it, it was alright. It seemed like there were way to many pitchers though. There weren't like any good players when I tried it...
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote