Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #51
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I am amazed. It just isn't that easy to be that way.

Noop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 12:09 PM   #52
moore4807
n00b

why is everyone stuck on the evacuation?
its a quaint idea - but there is NOWHERE in the world that can handle the logistical nightmare of sheltering up to twice its normal population, for example Indonesia, Africa, now New Orleans. it cant be done long term, and is extremely difficult short term. I am in deep appreciation of the Red Cross and Salvation Army for what they have done so far (and I have donated to them both too). My point is after the storm FEMA's j-o-b was to support the local/county/state emergency infastructure (Police-Fire-EMS) in the hours after the storm. This indisputeably didnt happen for days. The Louisiana governor for all her blunders didnt have to ask for this to happen. its supposed to be automatic with the disaster declaration.

FEMA is responsible for this and its at the heart of why Mike Brown was relieved of his duties.
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 12:11 PM   #53
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

moore sounds like my dad. Trying to group rap/hip-hop/R-n-B all into one.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #54
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
moore sounds like my dad. Trying to group rap/hip-hop/R-n-B all into one.

Yep, my dad's like that too.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:16 PM   #55
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807
when this storm is in excess of 100 BILLION dollars the FEMA salary of $23/hr per crewman per day is a literal drop in the bucket

I ain't exactly thrilled by the $100b in the first place, so I don't think I'm going to be instantly critical of anything that even remotely considered cost efficiency along the way.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:26 PM   #56
moore4807
n00b

sovereignstar,
LOL - I'm admittedly not a rap or hip hop fan, do listen to R-n-B and probably too old to change too much. I dont listen and maybe too critical of that style, but if you saw it from my point whats cool about wearing jeans so your underwear and ass show? about rap music played so loud from a car traveling by at night it wakes up nearly everybody on the street? and the lyrics are so graphic - wheres the talent? I realize not all of the music is this way - but enough to make it recognizable to the average person.

my rap? - a kid - its about the respect they scream they're not getting but wont give it, its about feeling the love, but only understanding the physical part, its about reaching out when your hurting and accepting help when your giving. When you understand these things you know your really a man....
Old 09-10-2005, 12:30 PM   #57
moore4807
n00b

Jon
I agree completely with the 100B - but neither do I want to be a fiddler while Rome burns either
Old 09-10-2005, 01:01 PM   #58
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
but if you saw it from my point whats cool about wearing jeans so your underwear and ass show?

Couldn't tell you.

Quote:
about rap music played so loud from a car traveling by at night it wakes up nearly everybody on the street?

Couldn't tell you.

Quote:
and the lyrics are so graphic - wheres the talent?

Couldn't tell you.

Quote:
I realize not all of the music is this way

Good deal.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:09 PM   #59
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

Moore you are seriously ignorant to rap and hip hop music so you really need to stop talkin. Yes some rappers are like that, many of them being the mainstream rappers white suburbia supports the most. Kanye West is cut from a different cloth in that he does not focus on the drugs, women, sex, and money rap of say a 50cent or Lil Jon. What you probably dont know is that there are many rappers considered "conscious" just like him, Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli to name a few. A good question is why the white majority is more accepting of stereotype spewing rappers than these guys? As far as how people wear their pants or how loud they play their music what relevance does that have in this thread? As far as Kanye West is concerned he brought the Polo Ralph Lauren preppy style back to rap music. But what difference does any of that make to this discussion.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:57 PM   #60
korme
Go Reds

Kanye West is my favorite rapper because of his different style "ya gotta love it though somebody still speaks from his soul". He has heart and he shows it through every verse.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 03:20 PM   #61
Dutch
"Dutch"

Some song he sings called "Gold Digger" has been on the charts for 2 months, but this week moved from #19 to #1 on the Billboard Top 100.

Neat how that works! I apologize for calling him an idiot earlier. He's a genius.

Don't forget, kiddies, go buy his album! I hear he's thinking about writing a new song called "Nawlins" with the procedes he gets from this album.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 03:23 PM   #62
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
Some song he sings called "Gold Digger" has been on the charts for 2 months, but this week moved from #19 to #1 on the Billboard Top 100.

Neat how that works! I apologize for calling him an idiot earlier. He's a genius.

Don't forget, kiddies, go buy his album! I hear he's thinking about writing a new song called "Nawlins" with the procedes he gets from this album.

LOL...

I'm not a fan of West, of hip hop/rap. I just got a feeling he is fake. But that's just my instinst, and still wears the bling and some of his actions, I stand by it.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 03:28 PM   #63
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Kanye West is my favorite rapper because of his different style "ya gotta love it though somebody still speaks from his soul". He has heart and he shows it through every verse.

Yeah, I actually like Kanye quite a bit and I listen to very little rap anymore, really it's about him, Talib, and The Roots.

This little outburst doesn't make me enjoy the music any less.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote