Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2003, 06:54 PM   #1
rexalllsc
Banned

Possible serious Hattrick debt problems

I'm currently -14000 in the hole, looking to go to -46000 next week.

Here are my expenditures:

Arena - 5,600
Wages - 18,620
Interest - 702
Staff - 13,500
Youth - 20,000
TOTAL - 58,422

Income
Sponsors - 28,000

Obviously I have to sell...but I'm having a hard time finding buyers for decent players...

rexalllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:55 PM   #2
McSweeny
College Starter

hahahaha! if only i were 50,000 in debt!

right now i'm about 200,000 in debt!
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:57 PM   #3
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Relax man...I'm 150,000k in debt...the Afoci is like 300-400k in debt...you will be dealing with debt until your first youth pull is quality, sell him off, and poof out of debt...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:58 PM   #4
rexalllsc
Banned

ok...thanks guys

Last edited by rexalllsc : 04-02-2003 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:59 PM   #5
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by rexalllsc
ok...thanks guys

Just make sure you don't go over the half a million mark...then you have like 3 weeks to get under 500k or you lose your team...and have to start all over...
Old 04-02-2003, 07:02 PM   #6
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Not only are the Crawfish legendary, but so is the debt. I am at a disadvantage though, i have to pay for development of Crawfish with Laser Blasters instead of Claws too.

Rexalllsc, if your stadium is big enough and you have some home games coming up, that should help. I also believe that the next cup games will be at home for most of us so 2 games with big attendance (hopefully) in the same week should help.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:05 PM   #7
rexalllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
Not only are the Crawfish legendary, but so is the debt. I am at a disadvantage though, i have to pay for development of Crawfish with Laser Blasters instead of Claws too.

Rexalllsc, if your stadium is big enough and you have some home games coming up, that should help. I also believe that the next cup games will be at home for most of us so 2 games with big attendance (hopefully) in the same week should help.

My stadia holds 10k...is that good enough?

Last edited by rexalllsc : 04-02-2003 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:13 PM   #8
mckerney
Coordinator

I've tried to keep my finances in good shape. My teams 2nd week, I spent 100k in the first week, but am right now looking at a profit of around 80k for week 2.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 07:18 PM   #9
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Rex, did you expand that stadium to 10K?

Mine is currently 7K, and I'd like to add more seats, what is a good/not too expensive number?.. and could someone give me some ideas on how much it is exactly to expand your stadium?

Thanks!!
Old 04-02-2003, 07:32 PM   #10
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

i have 16,000 seats and feel i should be good enough to almost fill it. I don't really want a full stadium, because then i am missing out on some people who would come in. I add 9k seats for 250k. I think that is the best way since there is a 30k for just adding on no matter what you do, so do it in large chunks.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:33 PM   #11
astralhaze
College Prospect

Won my series so I am now out of the hole

Last edited by astralhaze : 04-02-2003 at 07:34 PM.
astralhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 07:54 PM   #12
rexalllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MylesKnight
Rex, did you expand that stadium to 10K?

Mine is currently 7K, and I'd like to add more seats, what is a good/not too expensive number?.. and could someone give me some ideas on how much it is exactly to expand your stadium?

Thanks!!

Yeh I expanded last year...
Old 04-02-2003, 07:56 PM   #13
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
i have 16,000 seats and feel i should be good enough to almost fill it. I don't really want a full stadium, because then i am missing out on some people who would come in. I add 9k seats for 250k. I think that is the best way since there is a 30k for just adding on no matter what you do, so do it in large chunks.

How much did that cost...how much is the maintenance on it...and how many seats are you filling - profit?
Old 04-02-2003, 07:57 PM   #14
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

What did your expansion, from 7K to 10K I'm assuming, cost?

Thanks my Lakeorian/Koborian Lusing Friend!!
Old 04-02-2003, 07:59 PM   #15
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwikshot
How much did that cost...how much is the maintenance on it...and how many seats are you filling - profit?

Haven't had a home game yet and it won't be complete until 4/6. will tell you then. Hopefully i can start turning a profit or maybe i will just rob a bank...maybe i will send the crawfish to do it
The Afoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 08:00 PM   #16
rexalllsc
Banned

Yup...7k to 10k...

From Hattrick:
3/10/2003 Rebuilt the arena and paid the contractors 85 000 US$.

PS - This weekend is my first league match with the increase in seats...hopefully we fill it up...

Last edited by rexalllsc : 04-02-2003 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:35 PM   #17
daedalus
Pro Rookie

As Horned has mentioned a few times in the past, the general rule of thumb seems to be 20X - 25X your supporters club. I'd look in either Horned's or DK's dynasty threads for the optimal breakdown since I don't remember it off hand.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:52 PM   #18
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Hey Rex, I know it's too late now, but you should have upgraded to bigger than that. Every time you upgrade, there a fixed cost of 30 000 U$, so of your 85 000 U$, you spend a good chunk on fixed cost...

Everything depends on your number of supporters. Your stadium size should be around 20 times your number of supporters, maybe 25 times if you are winning A LOT.

There is also an optimal ratio for what kind of seat to add when doing an upgrade. Your total number of seats should be 62.5% terraces, 25% basic seatings, 10% under roof, and finally 2.5% VIP.

Everybody should pay a visit to this site called Hattricks, then click on tools then arenasizer. You then simply have to enter your number of supporters and it will crunch you some numbers as to by how much you should increase. They are really optimistic as they say you should increase the size of your stadium to 30 times if you're on a good run. I would say, as I have read from some other FOFCer, that 25 should probably be the max...

Also, I've made a spreadshet to help figure by how much I wanted to upgrade. I decided to go to 12000 for now as I just had lost 10% of my supporters because of relegation. My supporter count is now at 560, so it gives me a coverage of 21.1 times my supporters. Might not sell out for now, but it may happen later in the season. At that point, I'll start thinking about upgradnig again.

Also, about your debt, don't worry about it. I'm currently at 190 000 U$ under. I hoping for some big crowd income from that upgraded stadium and from at least another, maybe two more cup games, at home this time...

Good luck

FrogMan
PS: I'll attach a screenshot of the spreadsheet. It's customizable to C$ or U$ (or Euro), even though you'll see some CDN dollar figures in there...
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:54 PM   #19
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, seems like daedalus beat me to it...

Oh well, I had forgotten to attach the screenshot, so here it is anyway... Anybody interested, PM me...

FrogMan

Last edited by FrogMan : 04-02-2003 at 09:54 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote