Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2003, 08:08 AM   #1
Bee
Pro Starter

Ping: Quiksand

I'm going to be spending the weekend in Annapolis in a few weeks and wanted to know if you had any suggestions of places to go, good places to eat, etc.

Thanks!

Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:45 AM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

Bruce,

As with most anyplace, it probably depends on your own tastes - but I can offer a few tips.

I found a quick link here that shows a few restaurants in town. From that list, I would recommend:

High-end dining: Lewnes' steakhouse, Northwoods
Best sushi for miles and miles: Joss
Charming greasy spoon: Chick and Ruth's

Best bar/restaurant combo:
RAM'S HEAD TAVERN
33 West Street
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
(410) 268 4545

This place used to be a real favorite of mine - I've gone a lot less since it got bigger and bigger, now it's got a brewpub and a medium sized stage, but is still a nice place to visit for good beer (try the Helles lager) and really decent food.

From a related site from the local tourist business (link), you can find info about other stuff to do, including a walking tour of the downtown area's historic sites and so forth. (Personally, I think it's dreadful, but it seems to work for some folks)

Really, the main attractions for people in Annapolis are visiting the Naval Academy (a pretty impressive campus, even if that ordinarily isn't your thing), strolling around the downtown city docks (plenty of grazinag and shopping opportunitites in the area), seeing historic sites in and around town (some of the town's streets date back to the 17th century), and perhaps some antiquing along Maryland Avenue (if that's your thing). If you are nautically-inclined, there is a lot of sailing and boating here as well.

Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction. It's a fairly low-impact town to come visit. Hope you enjoy.

If you have any more specific questions, feel free to respond here or send me a PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 10:02 AM   #3
Bee
Pro Starter

Thanks. Definitely a help.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote