16-19 11 47.83%
20-24 6 26.09%
25 or more 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2005, 08:53 PM   #1
tdydynasty
Banned

Will The Royals Break The Record?

If they don't win any against the Mariners in the upcoming series, I see them being the 1st team in history to not win in a full month of baseball.

Last edited by tdydynasty : 08-14-2005 at 08:54 PM.
tdydynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:06 PM   #2
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I'm crossing my fingers that they'll stumble to a win over Seattle in the next three days. If not, it's got a real chance to go 20-plus with a series at Oakland before coming home to Boston, then at the Yankees and home to Minnesota. Vicious schedule for a slumping team.

It just breaks my heart. It's distressing because there are a lot of young kids on the team right now that are part of the team's long-term future and they just aren't learning and taking the next step. John Buck is regressing on offense and defense, Gotay has been shipped out, Berroa got his contract and got complacent, Teahen shows no signs of being coachable at the plate and other than DeJesus the outfield is full of retreaded minor league vets. Grienke and Hernandez have live arms, but the rest of the rotation is sketchy.

Like I said last week, I think it's time the Royals jettison Allard Baird and revamp the front office. They need a fresh approach at the top. If the Glass family is interested in spending some money to improve the team, it's time to let go of Baird so he can go be chief scout for the Braves or something and pay through the nose for either a veteran GM or the ever-present Billy Beane disciples. Let the new GM decided whether to to continue the Buddy Bell era or buy him out and bring in someone fresh and revamp the coaching staff.

Baird's approach, management and player pocurement are weak at best. It just kills me to see this storied franchise in throes of agony.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:03 PM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

umm

they suck

or something
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:56 PM   #4
samifan24
Pro Starter

I can't see them being swept by Seattle. Sooner or later they have to win a game.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:02 AM   #5
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24
Sooner or later they have to win a game.

Last I heard, that wasn't a rule.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:06 AM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer
Last I heard, that wasn't a rule.

It is in baseball. All it takes is one halfways decent pitching performance on a day when the other pitcher does poorly and that's the end of a losing/winning streak. They've scored 7-1-2-0-7 in the last week against 13-6-4-8-1. With those scores, you could be anywhere from 3-2 to 0-5 and they just happen to be the latter.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 05:41 AM   #7
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Yea, its gotten to the point that i'll turn off sports radio if they start talking about Baseball.. or local racing(who wants to listen to 2 guys talk about local racing like its the freaking daytona 500).. OOH or k-state anything (did you know the k-state intramural croquet team won their division! wait.. did i care?)

But i digress.. My rooting interest in the royals is purely monetary.. i bet a co-worker 20 bucks the royals wouldn't win 51 games
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote