Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
cody8200
High School Varsity

project onset

This game looks amazing. These guys created their own game engine to use for this upcoming game and it looks GORGEOUS! Did I mention that there are only 3 guys working on this game? Check it out.
http://www.projectoffset.com/downloads.html

I think they are putting a lot of these huge studios to shame. They not only developed their own game engine which very few studios do, but they also did so having only 3 people on staff. Unbelievable work. I saw this on the dubious quality blog by Bill Harris (http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/) and jusy had to share. Check out the videos for this thing. Its worth it.

Oh and yeh, the game is a FPS RPG set in a fantasy world (aka lord of the rings-esque). That really makes no difference to me. The thing that really strikes me about this is that this was done with a very minimal budget. Wouldnt it be awesome if the text sim community could get these guys on our side making a game engine for football or basketball. Releasing a game like that would make EA look like idiots. First, EA spends millions every year rehashing the same stuff and second this year's graphics are quite dated. It would be fantastic to have a nice graphics engine and a text sim in one build. I never really thought something like that could be profitable because of the cost, but when I see what just 3 people were able to do in 2 years I can see I was wrong. That, could be the kind of game that no one in the community could be unsatisfied with.

cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:10 PM   #2
MikeVic
Head Coach

Is it legit? Like, a working copy? And the engine works well?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:11 PM   #3
cody8200
High School Varsity

Well the video sure looks like its the real thing. Im just saying that the possibilities of having an engine developed by such a small crew of people in only a short amount of time should give some people in the text sim community something to think about.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote